PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Eastern Waste Orc Fort NPCs agro

dafier
08-06-2015, 10:36 AM
I read this before and I saw this is working as intended as a result, but the agro is not working correctly.

Example:

I am a level 60 Mage and summoned my top level water pet (was hitting for maximum 68 (wiki is wrong, the water pets do not hit for 70, ever)).

I clear/kill the 2 orcs at the entrance to the hut. I go inside with the 3 mystics surrounding the bonfire, and they do not engage me even when I am fairly close to them (this is working as intended). I send pet at 1 closest to me and my pet is on the far side of the other 2 mystics, yet the 2 mystics engage in battle (I don't believe this is intended because of level difference and experience with this in Kunark and Old world).

I get jumped by an Elite and dispatch him along with the 3 mystics. I walk up to almost the entrance to the room with the blacksmith to see what mobs are in there (all are green to me) and do not get agro.

I move over to the bonfire where EVERYTHING is cleared and I sit down in the center of the room right next to the bonfire, not near the walls and I am far away from all Orcs whether they are through a wall or direct LOS (none were LOS btw). The whole fort agros on me after I sit for about 5 seconds.

This is not working correctly. The agro variables or equation for those orcs needs adjustment. This is ONLY related to this particular area in this zone. I do not see this anywhere else in game.

Please advise,

dafier
08-06-2015, 10:40 AM
If you need me to gather data, screenshots or whatever, please let me know what to do in order to assist you with this issue.

dafier
08-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Just to be clear, I am not talking about:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.games.everquest/Easter$20Wastes/alt.games.everquest/0ZlNDzTvRmY/WTmI_N1u-7wJ

That.

I am talking about agro range and level differences.

dafier
08-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Found it:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1713103#post1713103

OK. So 20 feet away while standing up and the level difference should maybe agro (where is the proof?), this is hard to say. Sitting down with the same distances sounds about right, meaning agro should occur no matter level difference.

Sitting down, with no LOS, or even LOS and the closest NPC is 30+ range/feet or whatever, shouldn't agro. Z access needs to be checked as well for correct mathematical equation.

Maybe the poster has some clout or is trusted, but certainly there is something that isn't correct.

Certain mobs throughout many zones seem to have different agro rules, like level 1 skeletons who will attack anyone no matter the level unlike a threatening level 1 *non-skelly* pathing over you.