PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Derakor the Vindicator

Daldaen
08-11-2015, 09:34 AM
He was correctly spawning every 8 hours on the dot from time of death. He now has some variance however this isn't classic on this mob.

Kelorek Dar, Wuoshi, and most of ToV had some amount of variance during classic. Derakor did not and should not.

Nov-2002

ya, his spawn rate is every 8 hrs, highly contested mob on Xev.

He spawns every 8 hours, we've done him nightly for almost 2 weeks.

Etc. etc.

Man0warr
08-11-2015, 10:49 AM
I'm sure it's not a bug, but rather a fix to prevent 200-300 person Kael poopsocks desynching the zone.

Guild leaders couldn't come up with a solution fast enough, so this seems to be the staff's.

Daldaen
08-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Well I'd encourage them to revert it to classic as the 200-300 Kael nights occurred 3 times and even without the variance the last few spawns were maybe 2 guilds contesting it.

Variance is NEVER the answer to stupid spawns. It encourage a culture of staring at a wall for hours to get access to a mob and that is extremely retarded. Leave Variance on the mobs which classicly had it and let a casual mob like Derakor have a fixed timer so guilds can schedule their raids in advance, a rare occurrence on this server.

Erati
08-11-2015, 11:00 AM
not sure why devs jumped the gun after the first week of a 4 year anticipated expansion

Derakor crazyness was not going to last very long

Detoxx
08-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Anyone been keeping tabs to see how long the variance is? I imagine it can't be too long with an 8 hour spawn

Daldaen
08-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Think I've heard +2 hours thus far but that's part of the point, this isn't a mob people should have to track.

It's a very casual, entry mob to the Velious raid game. Should be up every 8 hours and casual guilds should be able to get a timer, tell their guild "show up 7.5 hours from now on the arena" and be ready for a raid target.

That is a VERY classic raid scenario for most people and it's something P99 lost due to VarianceKunark99. Allowing just a few mobs to not require 16 hours of tracking would be fantastic, especially these entry style mobs.

Detoxx
08-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Think I've heard +2 hours thus far but that's part of the point, this isn't a mob people should have to track.

It's a very casual, entry mob to the Velious raid game. Should be up every 8 hours and casual guilds should be able to get a timer, tell their guild "show up 7.5 hours from now on the arena" and be ready for a raid target.

That is a VERY classic raid scenario for most people and it's something P99 lost due to VarianceKunark99. Allowing just a few mobs to not require 16 hours of tracking would be fantastic, especially these entry style mobs.

Well to be fair, on this server it isn't just "show up 7.5 hours from now in the arena" it's "show up 7.5 hours from now in the arena for our chance to spam click air, possibly get fte, risk a desync if we get fte, kite around his guardians and be ready to have a ch chain going immediately with rampage tank and heals on the fly."

Variance makes this a race and much more enjoyable, imo. Provided the variance isn't a retarded kunark mob variance.

Daldaen
08-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Eh you're judging that too much off the first week and only the prime time spawn.

Let it go a month with no variance and I'm sure it will be as I described.

That being said, even if it is some sort of FTE battle (which I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be and we would likely figure out some Noble style rotation to avoid it), guilds still mobilize, show up for 20 minutes and maybe don't get the mob. Not much harm done.

Asking someone to stare at a wall for 16 hours to then batphone a spawn and mobilize and wait 5-10 minutes on the pull is far more dumb.