PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Dragon AE with dispell removing torpor regardless of position

ergo
08-12-2015, 03:27 AM
This has happened to me and caused my death twice today.

I have 2 instant clicky buffs and and even more buffs between top and where torp is when it lands.

I have had it as far down #13 and the AE from Vitaela. Since when does AE dmg spells with dispell suddenly go only for my torpor regardless of where it is on my buff list?

This completely negates using junk buffs if the dispell is going to eat my hot regardless of where I order it.

Not once was any other buff other than sow or grim aura touched in the list of buffs, but no Torpor was specifically dispelled 4 times on one fight when not in position 1 or 2.

Please investigate.

Daldaen
08-12-2015, 07:30 AM
I suspect your buff order was visually bugged. You would see grim aura and SoW in slots 1/2 and Torpor in slot 13, but that's not where they really are. Instead Torpor was actually filling slot 1, your client wasn't displaying this properly. Zoning should fix the order.

ergo
08-12-2015, 07:36 AM
No that is not possible as the buffs overwrite and recast. I can swap which positions sow/grim aura are in and once torp fades, it doesnt exist. Recasting both sow and grim aura should put it in 1/2 regardless of what/where torp was 3 casts ago.

Zoning has no baring on it since torp fades before all other buffs. And make no mistake, this bug is causing me to zone - to my bind point.

Daldaen
08-12-2015, 08:15 AM
I know how it should work with those clickies refilling in slot 1/2, and I was having a similar issue, my clickies weren't getting eaten and a buff in slot 8 always was. Once I zoned the clickies were shown in slots like 11/12 for some reason and slot 1/2 were open. No idea what caused it though.

ergo
08-12-2015, 04:03 PM
The problem is, I would literally duck torp, recast both clickies, then cast torp again. the second torp would land, dragon would dispell and only torp would get eaten.

kaev
08-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Were bard songs involved prior to or during the fights? I've had some very strange shit happen with buffs when trying to keep junk on top with bard songs going, especially when I've clicked off bard songs to stuff insta-click junk buffs up top where I want them after i got dispelled and bard songs grab the slots. Zoned out of Seb once and found Marzin in slot 1 when it had been in slot 6, Armor of Faith (arms clickie) in slot 5 when it had been in slot 2, See Invis in slot 6 when it had been in slot 1.

Wondering if this isn't a side-effect of the change that forced bard songs out of their non-classic window and into the regular buff window.

I wish there was a way other than zoning to force server/client sync on buff order.

ergo
08-12-2015, 05:56 PM
No this was all solo in WW. Vitaela.

I had sow/grim aura 1/2 slot, 3 junk buffs, then other buffs to start the fight. Torpor was landing consistantly in slot 13. I did make the mistake once or twice and have torp in 1-2 when mid casting torp and a dispell would come and knock out sow or grim aura.

Upon realizing this, I started ducking torp, recasting sow/grim aura and recasting torp to ENSURE it was not possible to be dispellable slots.

Every buff on me was shaman and from me.

Pringles
08-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Related? http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172383

ergo
08-12-2015, 08:51 PM
I sure hope not. But even still 13 buff slots down should prevent it from losing torpor.

I do not know the spell 'strength' of torpor but I cannot believe that torpor is the first buff to lose and it not be a bug.

If someone could point me to the field on lucy where 'buff strength' is listed, I could go look :P

ergo
08-24-2015, 07:03 PM
Seems to be worse after the reboot last night. Vitaela got torp from slot 8 3 times in one fight.

Scrubosaur
08-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Dispel has been messed up for awhile now. Even on my low level shaman vs treants. I would put up some junk buffs (resists) and then sow, hp buff, str buff, etc. Treant cast dispel and poof goes SoW.....it makes no sense.

nonphixion
08-24-2015, 08:23 PM
welcome to p99