PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Pathing in Charasis (Howling Stones)

Zeonick
08-16-2015, 04:48 PM
The two golems at the east entrance of HS, when pulled, will turn around and run into the east wing pulling god knows what along with them instead of running at me. They used to just come straight ahead and pull to the center area, but not anymore.

Haynar
08-16-2015, 05:13 PM
Where are you when you pull them? I will look at the node connections and see what it is doing.

H

Zeonick
08-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Where are you when you pull them? I will look at the node connections and see what it is doing.

H

I was pulling them from the western edge of the center pad area, so there was the "dipped down" portion of the center between us. Before they started doing this they would also path onto the roof of the gondola-thing in the center.

Haynar
08-16-2015, 09:48 PM
Ok. Found issue in pathing. Getting all fixed up for next update. I recommend not pulling over that hole that falls down below. They wont path over it and will bring a mess of mobs to u from the wing. Thats the problem with fixing pathing to work better. It reveals flaws in node connections.

H

Zeonick
08-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Ok. Found issue in pathing. Getting all fixed up for next update. I recommend not pulling over that hole that falls down below. They wont path over it and will bring a mess of mobs to u from the wing. Thats the problem with fixing pathing to work better. It reveals flaws in node connections.

H

Ahhhhh I see. That makes sense with the hole. Thanks for responding so quickly!

Haynar
08-17-2015, 02:06 PM
I made it so the will path to you. However, I do need to get on eqlive to check some pathing behavior in that zone. And what patterns mobs follow like when going thru teleports, etc.

H