PDA

View Full Version : Pathing Great Divide - Shardwurm Caves - Shardwurms ignore/pass through walls

Thulghor
08-17-2015, 03:29 AM
I know pathing in Velious is an ongoing issue, but I figured I would post here anyway, just in case.

I was killing Shardwurms (ancient, elder, guardian) with my brother Summanus the other night, in Great Divide in front of the northern entrance of the Shardwurm caves, just south of Thurgadin. I would run into the cave and pull them out, following up along the river into the open entrance area, and we would kill them. However, we noticed that every time, they would mostly ignore the inside cavern walls and just come through them directly at us, like ghosts. This made them fairly difficult to pull without SoW, as I was restricted by the cave walls, and they were not.

I've included some screenshots, which will hopefully help clarify a bit.

Note: These are two separate shardwurms. One pathed through the mountain above, the other just went directly through the wall.

dafier
08-17-2015, 09:34 AM
I mentioned this back in Beta. I don't recall live fixing this....ever. If a shardwurm disappears through the wall and starts attacking you without mercy, RUN! Run outside the cave like in your pictures and they will run down 'off the mountain'. They some how teleport up top. I think they fall through the world and the coding puts them back up on solid land, but it won't be 'in the cave'.

Alunova
08-17-2015, 12:44 PM
This is typical behavior for all outdoor zones

Thulghor
08-17-2015, 04:23 PM
This is typical behavior for all outdoor zones

I don't remember this spot being like this on live at all. At least not this...obtuse about it. I'll gather some more evidence.