PDA

View Full Version : Declaration of war (2nd time)

Sallan
08-28-2015, 03:19 PM
I'm currently warmly to Dain which allowed me to receive the declaration of war from him. We attempted the war earlier today but it wasnt successful.

When the zone repopped (along with Dain), I subsequently turned in my dirk for another declaration but it was eaten instead this time with no dialogue back from him. Saying the key phrase "You can count on my help" didn't make a difference. I'm guessing there might be a flag set on only allowing the turn in once for declaration of war but that shouldn't be the case as you are allowed to turn in the dirk for another one should you fail etc.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8754

2. Declaration of War.

This is obtained by handing your Dirk of the Dain (the uncorrupted one from 9th ring) to the Dain, and following the text. You should never destroy your Dirk of the Dain, as if you lose the war you can get a fresh Declaration and try again. Normally it's best to get your declaration upon getting your 9th ring if possible and keep it in the bank ready for the day, because as sure as night follows day you can bet someone will have killed the Dain the day before you want to trigger it.

Erati
08-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Thurg B repops after war loses including Dain himself?

Sallan
08-28-2015, 03:39 PM
Seems to have been the case, yeah

Daldaen
08-28-2015, 03:55 PM
On beta, I turned in my Dirk atleast 4 times to Dain to get new Declarations after each fail.

Weird that he would eat it now with warmly faction though.

Erati
08-28-2015, 04:01 PM
so the failed war is a way to pop a Dain - interesting

didnt realize this

Colgate
08-29-2015, 01:15 AM
i believe nilbog stated in another thread that you have to be ally to turn in dirk of the dain and receive declaration of war from the phrase

Sallan
08-29-2015, 06:58 AM
He mentioned warmly and above, which worked for me the first time in getting a declaration. But the second time (I should be high warmly now), turning in the dagger just ended up with it being eaten. Unless its changed to require ally for the 2nd turn in onwards

minakto
08-30-2015, 08:36 PM
I was ally and he ate the dagger as well. Wouldn't respond to quest text in throne or bedroom.

Colgate
08-30-2015, 08:42 PM
yeah, dain also ate a 9th ring turn in today while the player turning it in was ally

i think dain must be bugged atm to eat everything?

Sallan
08-30-2015, 09:06 PM
Sounds like it from the posts popping up today

minakto
08-30-2015, 09:26 PM
I believe the issue stems from the inability of people to get any response from the Dain, even with the appropriate faction. Some people are getting the appropriate response and declaration of war ONLY when they complete their Ring 9 and do the appropriate text for the quest.

Katpal
09-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Thought I would post in this thread as well. Dain still hungry for quest items as he ate my 8th ring and box today, along with a few others turn ins.