PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: PoS Island 7

Trystych
11-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Drakes from island 7 of sky are summoning players beneath the island where they fall to freeport. It happens almost immediately upon engage, happens so fast melee push doesn't even move the mob to hills or much of any distance. This is occurring on the flat ground of the island where players would pull to.

Ravhin
11-12-2010, 06:35 PM
So this has also happened to us in sky albeit with the possible issue of hills.

It is apparently related to mob push and/or summons and the z-axis, ok.

(this is just a bump. i thought i was going to propose a solution but realized it is likely extremely difficult to do any npc/pc x,y,z modification based on zone geometry)

Uthgaard
11-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Has this ever happened to anyone while fighting an NPC that doesn't fly?

Trystych
11-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I should add the following:

1) This did not happen when we were last in sky unless a mob was being fought on uneven ground.

2) It only happens once dps enter the fight, the tank held it for 5-10s on the 3 occassions we tried with nothing going below the world, then when pets/melee got on it...under the island and summoning.

I would guess it has something to do with one of the melee push variations since about 2 months ago.

It shouldn't matter where on an island you fight mobs, hills or flat, on live it didn't. The floors of islands seem to be a bit wonky in this regard in that pulling from one island to another often has the mob coming up through the ground instead of going over an edge to follow you, so they are not 100% barriers for mobs at present only players.

Edit: The pegasus should fly, and have never noticed issue with going below the world on island 4.