PDA

View Full Version : Bard pp farming/Price Checks please

Gundanium
10-06-2015, 01:44 PM
I almost titled it "Bard Swarm Kiting...." but thought better of it.

HEnyways, if you aren't offended by my usage of the word "bard" maybe you can help me figure out some prices and how to get some plat.

I'm trying not to out level my friends by too much by looking for ways to make some plat. I'm looking for areas to kite up some pelts or am looking for other alternatives to farm some profitable items so I can grow up to be a well doing Maestro.

I'm currently a level 23 (went from 18-22 with double exp in like 3 hours) HE Bard.
I'm in the Overthere, but my inventory is getting full and only want to hang on to a profitable inventory.
Wiki has only told me so much, and certainly no vendor prices.

Does anyone know which items are vendor/PC worthy? Top of my head I have:
Succulent Sap
Red ****atrice Feathers
Rare Leaf
Cockatrice Beak
Some Sabertooth stuff
-Fang 2pp ea - vendor
-Excellent Pelt 25pp(??) - Player Characters

Can any one identify values on any of these items?

DevGrousis
10-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Well, if you're serious about farming up some PP, what i would do is this: go to the iksar vendor near the little pond in the area that you pull (watch out for the rhino that just stands there), and see how much she takes for each item. The Beaks, don't stack, but the Sap does, and drops frequently. So if she pays a few G for each sap, what i would do is just load up on those, and then dump them to her as often as you want. Wont make MASSIVE PP, but if she buys each for 2g, then a stack will get you 4p. There are probably 30 or so Saps in the area. So if you kite them all down, you're lookin at around 4p a kite just with those alone. Add in the cockatrice beaks, which i believe sell for a little more, but do not stack, and you may be doin about 6 or 7p a pull. The Sabertooth are a little different because their runspeed doesnt allow you to strafe kite them emmasse, so IMO i wouldn't bother.

But honestly, what i would do if i were you is just get to the point where you can swarm kite in FV. If you're more interested in money than XP, you pull 60 in, kill them all, loot everything, run to the city to sell, and rinse repeat. They drop bronze armor, and words. Pulls of 50 should get you anywhere from 50-150p worth of loot. Some people do pulls of 100+, so you can see that the money could add up quickly (although bag space is finite)

If i knew of a mob out there that was PLENTIFUL, outdoor, and dropped a 1 or 2p item, that would be ideal. But unfortunately i dont know of such a mob.

Good luck!

Dev

kate79
10-06-2015, 03:11 PM
Here are prices I get in the Outpost at apprehensive faction with total shit Charisma:
Cockatrice Beak - 8g 8s
Rhino Horn - 1p 6g
Succulent Sap - 3g

The saps add up pretty quickly.

Gundanium
10-06-2015, 03:36 PM
First off... OMG that Iksar guy is a merchant?! THis changes EVERYTHING.

I can kite rhinos with full selo's and instrument swapping. And thank you for the tip on FV.

Kate thank you for pointing out those prices to me.

Do the saps not sell to players very well?

Samoht Farstrider
10-06-2015, 04:36 PM
If you just want to farm and not xp, go to NK and AE kite all grizzlies and wisps. 30pp for HQ bear skin to tailoers, 9.5pp for GLS along with xp from the quest.

Crawdad
10-06-2015, 05:43 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5118

If you look under the item description, Allakhazam has an entry for "Merchant Value" that will give you the (approximate) value of vendoring an item.

Gundanium
10-06-2015, 08:34 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5118

If you look under the item description, Allakhazam has an entry for "Merchant Value" that will give you the (approximate) value of vendoring an item.

I hadn't realized Allakhazam was still around. THank you.

Did they do away with Drums of the Beast? Siren's Grotto drop

Kekephee
10-06-2015, 08:43 PM
When I was in your shoes, I only looted succulent saps because they stacked and by the time my bags were full of them, I had a whole lot of platinum coming my way. The cockatrice beaks are cool and all, but they each take up one bag slot- you're gonna get, if memory serves, like 12p (or was it 20?) a stack for the saps, as opposed to like 18g or whatever for the beaks.

(This is all vendor pricing- I never bothered selling things to people)

lonmoer
10-06-2015, 10:16 PM
i made about 1000p swarming from 35-45 in ot this weekend

mrshzzit
10-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Just SNEAK, and walk up to vender so rhino dont attack you. I only loot gems, jewelry and saps. You will get TON of sap, and its decent cash for that reason.

If your high enough lvl, go hit up BW, u get spells and high value gems and jewelry there, along with decent PP per loot.

If you want fast stacks, get lvl 54 on ur bard for aoe snare, and start PLing people. You can Pl any class that uses an PBaoe.
Low lvl PL you pull a ton, aoe snare, let the person hit them all 1-2 times with their pbaoe, then put on ur lvl 33 DS, and cast ur SS bracer DS, and sit spam killing them off.
Higher lvl PL, u just let them burn the mobs down below 50% hp with their pbaoe, then u finish them off with lvl 2, lvl 18, dots while keeping snare up entire time to hold agro.

Baa
10-07-2015, 12:46 AM
Just FYI that iksar merchant in OT is a 'greedy' merchant.

Will overcharge and underpay for items.

mrshzzit
10-07-2015, 12:47 AM

Ya i just buy shurikens from him.

Kekephee
10-07-2015, 08:56 AM

Every merchant in OT is a greedy merchant. I highly recommend using bard speed to take the extra 5 minutes to run to FV when you're full on merchant fodder.

DarthMartigan
10-07-2015, 09:37 AM
I would suggest selling all the things that don't stack to the merchant in OT, keeping all the gems and stackable stuff, and just running out when you absolutely have to. If you get a rhythm where you are leveling fast, don't bother leaving. When you hit 50 and are in BW, the moneys are so much faster. You can also do FV and be bound in zone with good merchants at 30 or so. The money is a little less in FV, but bronze (from drovalgs) and FS drops (from pirates), along with cash make it pretty solid. There's also a bank in FV. After each pull you can dump money.

Gundanium
10-07-2015, 01:12 PM
All of this is great info, thanks guys.