PDA

View Full Version : plz ban the use of all known VPNS

maerilith
10-07-2015, 12:01 PM
I think there should be an box with iptables dropping known vpns connections

it's not hard to do a /whois and grab a range of IPs associated with different vpn providers, probably a list already published anyway, would snort be able to identify VPN traffic and script a bash script to upate an iptables ipfilter rule?

CUZ THIS PROJECT NEEDS A BOX RUNNING SLACKWARE DEDICATED TO THIS

VPNS is XPLOITIN

IMMO u should put the box behind a service that requires u to register, prove your identity, and have a special peice of crypto software/hardware dongle and pay to log onto said subnet in order 2 play and that would get rid of a lot of the scum on the box

dafier
10-07-2015, 12:13 PM
I use a VPN....not all the time but I do. I connect with 1 account always. I do not box, although I can't vouch for my fellow boxing BDAers. :)

DOWN WITH HANES BOXERS!

Sirken
10-07-2015, 12:34 PM
some people need to use VPNs to play from work, as well as from some evil countries. if they break the rules we will catch them and they will lose their account(s).

;)

nhdjoseywales
10-07-2015, 12:38 PM

it's not hard to do a /whois and grab a range of IPs associated with different vpn providers, probably a list already published anyway, would snort be able to identify VPN traffic and script a bash script to upate an iptables ipfilter rule?

VPNS is XPLOITIN

IMMO u should put the box behind a service that requires u to register, prove your identity, and have a special peice of crypto software/hardware dongle and pay to log onto said subnet in order 2 play and that would get rid of a lot of the scum on the box
i like how you use words like iptables, snort, and /whois when you clearly are lacking understanding that vpn in and of itself is not and never will be a problem and for some is absolutely needed to play

Pokesan
10-07-2015, 12:43 PM
honeypot thread for boxers

oops

Nocsucow
10-07-2015, 12:47 PM
some people need to use VPNs to play from work, as well as from some evil countries. if they break the rules we will catch them and they will lose their account(s).

;)

while at the sheriff's department they forced us to use VPN on out personal computers at home and at work .. especially while logged into databases , or doing reports through our CMS program... plus my daughter is almost 7 and uses the net alot and some of these VPN programs are awesome for parental controls and blocking traffic.. since my CPU's have a life time subscription to the VPN programs... I will probably always use them..

BulletCatcher
10-07-2015, 12:58 PM
People will find a way. Amazon offers virtual desktop infrastructure that supports high end gaming. Banning all VPNs will require a lot of work. Then people will find another way.

Mojo24
10-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Eh, could just tether off a phone and use a separate computer. Like a laptop next to your desktop.

maskedmelon
10-07-2015, 04:22 PM
They'll still get caught eventually. I /report every 'friend' that comes to buff a group or port a pal... >:)

For great justice!

Champion_Standing
10-07-2015, 04:36 PM
They'll still get caught eventually. I /report every 'friend' that comes to buff a group or port a pal... >:)

For great justice!

Vigilante at work here folks making the server safer for all of us

maerilith
10-07-2015, 04:42 PM
I just thought it was a fun concept to host the project behind a ridiculous firewall on a privately funded network.

I still like the idea of needing to purchase a usb with a crypto key to authenticate.

I know a lot of clowns need a vpn for legitimate reasons. But ide prefer to starve them of eq and force them to revolt. (yes I know that eliminating access to freedom is not going to make oppressed people more open concepts outside there countries)

I actually don't log in to play here and I'm ok with boxing. If people want to find a way and play the game of cat and mouse I'm ok with that.

Don't get caught.

I'm still very. Antivpn. U don't even need to know wut it doin to use one.

Also airmen bothered 2 post and let me know he still cares.

Happy hunting =^⊙.⊙^=

Baler
10-07-2015, 04:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OClz1DN.gif

Artaenc
10-07-2015, 04:57 PM
I use a VPN....not all the time but I do. I connect with 1 account always. I do not box, although I can't vouch for my fellow boxing BDAers. :)

DOWN WITH HANES BOXERS!

Don't worry, looks like you're covered even after you publicly turn in your own guild mates.

BDA:

1. BDA never gets in trouble from server staff/GMs and the rest. Because we do nothing wrong. EVER!

maerilith
10-07-2015, 05:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OClz1DN.gif

That's so fucking elite...

PlatLordlolz
10-07-2015, 05:12 PM

For great justice!

you're an assclown and need to get beat with a stick.

Plackers
10-07-2015, 05:29 PM
while at the sheriff's department they forced us to use VPN on out personal computers at home and at work .. especially while logged into databases , or doing reports through our CMS program... plus my daughter is almost 7 and uses the net alot and some of these VPN programs are awesome for parental controls and blocking traffic.. since my CPU's have a life time subscription to the VPN programs... I will probably always use them..

This guy also used to smuggle millions of play and items back and forth between red and blue. Real fucking convenient right?

radda
10-08-2015, 03:58 AM
Uhh. No, some of us live bc we arnt being tracked, ty

jcr4990
10-08-2015, 04:15 AM

VPNS is XPLOITIN

IMMO u should put the box behind a service that requires u to register, prove your identity, and have a special peice of crypto software/hardware dongle and pay to log onto said subnet in order 2 play and that would get rid of a lot of the scum on the boxI think you're a moron and should be banned for stupidity.

Good thing neither one of us is in charge huh?

Furniture
10-08-2015, 11:00 AM
i dont agree with sirken on this one, many people abuse the VPNs and you are going to allow it to happen just in case somebody wants to play while they are at work or "evil countries"?

There are more people abusing VPNs then people logging in from "evil countries". There are more people abusing VPNs then people who "need" to log in from work (which is 0).

Nocsucow
10-08-2015, 11:06 AM
This guy also used to smuggle millions of play and items back and forth between red and blue. Real fucking convenient right?

lol smuggle ?..... you don't need a vpn to make millions of plat on both servers like I have dumbass .. I could do that shit ith AOL dialup and a tablet. ... stay mad boy

Plackers
10-08-2015, 11:40 AM
lol smuggle ?..... you don't need a vpn to make millions of plat on both servers like I have dumbass .. I could do that shit ith AOL dialup and a tablet. ... stay mad boy

I'm findings common answer between cheaters that never got caught being "stay mad"

You really look dumb.

Pokesan
10-08-2015, 11:57 AM

Any plans to stop jerking yourself off about how much video game money you have?

Ele
10-08-2015, 12:14 PM
If people think using a VPN makes you anonymous here, huehuehue.

Champion_Standing
10-08-2015, 01:17 PM
If people are willing to RMT pixels they are probably willing to pay for a second internet connection. Cheaters gonna cheat.

Nocsucow
10-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Any plans to stop jerking yourself off about how much video game money you have?

When I run out of funds maybe. ......

Nocsucow
10-08-2015, 01:32 PM
If people think using a VPN makes you anonymous here, huehuehue.

exactly

nhdjoseywales
10-08-2015, 01:52 PM
There is a lot of confusion apparently on what a VPN is and what it does. Not sure why anyone would think you need VPN to trade plat between servers. Not sure why they feel VPN is evil. I get that people could use VPN to box but they can use their phones even easier so are we supposed to ban all connections coming from telephony companies? Guess anything from a "cloud" provider is next to get blocked? You people are fucking stupid.

jcr4990
10-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Does OP even realize there's such a thing as an IP exemption? You don't need a VPN if you want to box. But VPN or no VPN you'll eventually get caught and bant

Swish
10-08-2015, 04:39 PM
"Irongrip"

Champion_Standing
10-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Guys nobody would ever cheat, box, exploit or RMT on P99 so I dunno what you are all worried about. Community here has the cleanest whistles on the net.

jcr4990
10-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Guys nobody would ever cheat, box, exploit or RMT on P99 so I dunno what you are all worried about. Community here has the cleanest whistles on the net.

Fact

maerilith
10-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Does OP even realize there's such a thing as an IP exemption? You don't need a VPN if you want to box. But VPN or no VPN you'll eventually get caught and bant

If u even read the threads 1st page U would see I DON'T want to ban VPNs over boxing LOLZ...

I just think VPNs R dirty, and people who use them are also dirty!!!! I DIDN't even make the claim that they make u anonymous... they just obscure the source traffic if set up to do so thru a tunnel

maerilith
10-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Also love how all the anti-boxers coming on here posting their love for VPNs thread is sort of starting to deliver if I don't post in it!

BulletCatcher
10-09-2015, 09:27 AM
If u even read the threads 1st page U would see I DON'T want to ban VPNs over boxing LOLZ...

I just think VPNs R dirty, and people who use them are also dirty!!!! I DIDN't even make the claim that they make u anonymous... they just obscure the source traffic if set up to do so thru a tunnel

This guy is working with the FBI. VPNs are dirty? Encrypting my traffic is a bad thing ? :confused:

Screw you. Seriously. I believe you truly don't understand the power for good that can be used with a VPN. And bad yes. But if we listen to Maerilith, he/she would have us all run shit in plain text. Oh dea great leader... where do I line up to surren.... uh .... "safely secure" my personal owned firearms... I also we we are getting new state approved haircuts and dietary standards.

This sounds like a place I would LOOOVVEEEE to live in.

PS.
EFF you.

Nocsucow
10-09-2015, 09:28 AM
This guy is working with the FBI. VPNs are dirty? Encrypting my traffic is a bad thing ? :confused:

Screw you. Seriously. I believe you truly don't understand the power for good that can be used with a VPN. And bad yes. But if we listen to Maerilith, he/she would have us all run shit in plain text. Oh dea great leader... where do I line up to surren.... uh .... "safely secure" my personal owned firearms... I also we we are getting new state approved haircuts and dietary standards.

PS.
EFF you.
haha... love it

Ebener
10-09-2015, 10:59 AM
Its worth 30 bucks a year to me so that Comcast doesn't get to keep a giant log of my every move on the internet. VPNs aren't supposed to be a haven for illicit activity. There are other ways to go about that. But a certain level of privacy should be a basic human right.

maerilith
10-09-2015, 11:16 AM
I think state approved dietary standards could do this community a lot of good...

nhdjoseywales
10-09-2015, 11:17 AM

PS.
EFF you.

pretty much this

-TK-
10-09-2015, 11:43 AM
I'd like 'Places to Live' for $1000, Alex.

Oh dea[r] great leader... where do I line up to surren.... uh .... "safely secure" my personal[ly] owned firearms [...] we are getting new state approved haircuts and dietary standards.

What is North Korea? ;)

Pokesan
10-09-2015, 12:52 PM
yes, not being able to box is just like north korea :rolleyes:

BulletCatcher
10-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Yea, because that's what I said. Exactly. I responded to the ignorant idea that VPNs are bad and dirty. I can't help you understand that may more Hellen. You'll have to have a friend help you with reading comprehension.

rayeatts
10-09-2015, 02:25 PM

That's true but the exemptions are very slow. I've been waiting patiently for nearly a month for mine.

maerilith
10-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Quantico is a gr8 fucking show on cable

+1 for being FBI noaw

maerilith
10-09-2015, 09:51 PM
also, u don't need a vpn to make an ssh tunnel for security purposes a plain old ssh tunnel works just fine to not be in north korea

clearly your all mad and ignorant and VPNs are still dumb and dirty

Jhaerik
10-11-2015, 01:15 PM
And we also live in a world where phones don't act as wireless hotspots.... oh wait.

syztem
10-12-2015, 08:17 AM

VPNS is XPLOITIN

good god just no, shut up. VPNs are used for MANY other things, a few bad apples might use them to get around the 1 ip per account to box but let them eat a suspension/ban when the GMs find them. Next time think before you post, You realize how many people here probably use a VPN from work to post let alone play?

maerilith
10-14-2015, 07:20 PM
good god just no, shut up. VPNs are used for MANY other things, a few bad apples might use them to get around the 1 ip per account to box but let them eat a suspension/ban when the GMs find them. Next time think before you post, You realize how many people here probably use a VPN from work to post let alone play?

why use a vpn when u can just use tor?

VPNs are weak for anonymizing traffic as stated before. And when you have a situation like the great firewall of china, they just keep hunting them down and closing off access to the server.

If you want to play at work, get a real job! or an aircard.

Bazia
10-14-2015, 07:27 PM
if people want to box they are going to box there is so many easy ways to get it done