PDA

View Full Version : Raided Fear for First Time

Era'viss
10-12-2015, 03:42 PM
That was the most fun I had in a raid scene since the old vanilla WoW days doing Naxxramas. That place is intense!

FatMice
10-12-2015, 03:49 PM
I have to admit that Vanilla Naxx was my favorite raiding in any video game to date.

Era'viss
10-12-2015, 03:57 PM
I have to admit that Vanilla Naxx was my favorite raiding in any video game to date.

Haha yea that place was nuts.

But Fear was soooo tense. We did wipe (don't know the exact number of times), and that chaos of recovering a raid in Fear isn't something that modern day MMOs can replicate. When we finally had things stable (due to help of Omni and Azure Guard <3 <3), it felt extremely gratifying.

I'm currently playing a undergeared lvl 47 monk, so you can imagine how out of place I felt lol. Thanks to FD, I only had 1 real death.

thufir
10-12-2015, 04:23 PM
I love Fear. Old Fear breaks were one of my favorite things to do on Live. I wish occasionally that my life schedule allowed for more raiding.

I was in a Fear raid once on Xegony where we went in, wiped completely, another guild came to rescue us and *they* wiped completely, then *another* guild came in to rescue *them* and *they* wiped completely... Ahhhh EQ.

A fourth guild finally came and broke the plane, but that was an amusing night.

DevGrousis
10-12-2015, 04:56 PM
That was the most fun I had in a raid scene since the old vanilla WoW days doing Naxxramas. That place is intense!

dont mean to hijack the post, but what is your signature GIF from? Looks cool

Era'viss
10-12-2015, 04:59 PM
dont mean to hijack the post, but what is your signature GIF from? Looks cool

Trailer to the best RPG to come out since Baldur's Gate series. Dragon Age: Origins (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5St9phiHHE)

Unfortunately the 2nd and 3rd suck so bad they don't deserve the title Dragon Age...

ridiculousmoose
10-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Trailer to the best RPG to come out since Baldur's Gate series. Dragon Age: Origins (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5St9phiHHE)

Unfortunately the 2nd and 3rd suck so bad they don't deserve the title Dragon Age...

God I loved that game.. most fun in a single player game I've ever had.. turn up the difficulty to max and try and choose the most evil role playing decisions you can. So much fun.

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Classic eq no joke. Fear is designed to eat you alive if you aren't ready for it. Keep in mind when they were doing this game, they had no worries about subscription numbers, eq was the king mmo. So we got what the designers thought was hard shit, and stuff a guild had to actually work hard to do.

Fear break ins is something everyone who wants to understand classic eq should try. Congrats on break in ;)