PDA

View Full Version : Brother Z ate my Items

Saylord
10-12-2015, 10:56 PM
I just turned the Idol and Red sash of the order to Brother Z but he just ate them. No quest text or robe pattern =(

Ele
10-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Did you walk through the quest text or just hand him items?

If you are wanting potential reimbursement you need to fill out a petition here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Aussie
10-12-2015, 11:13 PM
If you are wanting potential reimbursement you need to fill out a petition here: https://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

+1

Also a handy tip.. Hail NPC and ensure they respond to you. If they do not respond, you could potentially see an issue in your hand-in (if they are supposed to respond to hail.. that is)

Saylord
10-12-2015, 11:16 PM
I did hail and turned the items in, Just no reward or quest text at all. Was I supposed to go through the quest text ?

Ele
10-12-2015, 11:24 PM
I did hail and turned the items in, Just no reward or quest text at all. Was I supposed to go through the quest text ?

Are you human/iksar? What was your faction with BroZ?

It is generally a good idea to walk through the proper quest text to test for proper level of faction.

Saylord
10-12-2015, 11:27 PM
I already did Brother Quinn in South Karana and had no problems. He cons indifferent also. When I hail him his quest text pops up, just did not run through that, never had to in the past with other quests. Im iksar

Aussie
10-13-2015, 12:57 AM

No quest text can mean there is an issue with the script that runs on the server for that NPC. As such, if you hand the items in - the script to give you the reward probably wont work either. It's just a handy tip to always check.

Monty405
10-13-2015, 07:50 AM
Brother Z Ate My Balls.

sonicjoose
10-16-2015, 12:23 AM
Did you turn in the items while being FD by chance?

Someone recently handed items into Brother Z separately, which ended up resulting in them not getting their reward. They ended up killing Brother Z for his robe. I would have to guess the items are still on him somehow and causing the problem you experienced. I personally will not turn any items into him until this is resolved.

joppykid
10-16-2015, 01:23 PM
Did you turn in the items while being FD by chance?

Someone recently handed items into Brother Z separately, which ended up resulting in them not getting their reward. They ended up killing Brother Z for his robe. I would have to guess the items are still on him somehow and causing the problem you experienced. I personally will not turn any items into him until this is resolved.

I would think if they killed him, his items would reset.

Man0warr
10-16-2015, 01:30 PM
I don't think killing NPC makes them forget their quest memory. Brother Balatain in DL seems to remember at least.

joppykid
10-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Good to know.

Daldaen
10-16-2015, 02:19 PM
I would think if they killed him, his items would reset.

This is classic behavior.

However the way it's coded on here it doesn't work like that. NPCs can die or despawn and then upon respawning they remember what may have been handed to them last time they were up maybe 1 day or 2 weeks ago.

As a result I have a monk epic on my cleric and a rogue epic on my Druid.

maestrom
10-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Is it generally the rule that if you talk to an NPC and they go through their entire quest text with you that they will give you the rewards if you turn in the items to them?

Debating whether to turn in a Jade Reaver to Kinlo Strongarm for the druid epic piece before level 46.

maskedmelon
10-16-2015, 03:08 PM
Kill him ^^

joppykid
10-16-2015, 03:20 PM
This is classic behavior.

However the way it's coded on here it doesn't work like that. NPCs can die or despawn and then upon respawning they remember what may have been handed to them last time they were up maybe 1 day or 2 weeks ago.

As a result I have a monk epic on my cleric and a rogue epic on my Druid.

Lol thats pretty funny. Sad for whoever you were MQing for.

captnamazing
10-16-2015, 03:59 PM
sounds like its time for bro z to die.

Tethler
10-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Is it generally the rule that if you talk to an NPC and they go through their entire quest text with you that they will give you the rewards if you turn in the items to them?

Debating whether to turn in a Jade Reaver to Kinlo Strongarm for the druid epic piece before level 46.

Give it a try. If it fails you can always get another jade reaver for 1-200p.