PDA

View Full Version : Luclin spell effects (not models, calm down)

JonnyX
10-14-2015, 11:53 AM
So this is just a random thought and in no way do I want luclin models on p99 as their hideous..

Are there any known spell updates for luclin graphics though? If not, it isn't a biggie and there is no hidden agenda to have them released, but rather pure curiosity.

If my memory serves me correct, in Luclin is when some of the spell graphics changed a bit. For example the bard class had visual music notes mixed in with some of their songs. Figured something like this might be kind of a cool option if it exists. Could have been PoP or something when these were actually released though, so I could be wrong altogether.

TLDR: Luclin spell effects an option? Even though purely curious....incoming "OMG NOT CLASSIC!"

Ele
10-14-2015, 12:05 PM
A lot of Luclin/PoP spell graphic effects (being in the Titanium client) were in game for a few years, but thanks to the devs and Telin a lot of these have been removed and replaced.

I'm not sure if they can be swapped out. I think the spell file associates which graphic effect to use.

JonnyX
10-14-2015, 12:19 PM
Ahhh i see. I never noticed them before, but maybe its because I didn't have luclin graphics on? If they didn't go hand in hand and were still an option without the hideous model graphics, would be cool to know.

Any idea how one would figure that out?

falkun
10-14-2015, 12:29 PM
You do not need Luclin character models enabled to utilize Luclin spell graphics. Some spells here have been reported/fixed from using Luclin models (I think the paladin Heal over Time was one of them). There are also some fringe cases where the spell effects are still being used, I believe the red drakes in HOT are accidently using a Luclin+ spell graphic for the AOE.

skulldudes
10-14-2015, 12:52 PM
I WILL NOT CALM DOWN

Voland
10-14-2015, 04:08 PM
I miss these cool necro spell effects, they were dark and bloody, very appropriate.
Also, druid thorn graphics were great looking.

JackFlash
10-14-2015, 04:50 PM
We need one of those rubber "not classic" stamps.

iruinedyourday
10-14-2015, 05:08 PM
I WILL NOT CALM DOWN

Terdnado
10-15-2015, 08:01 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129722&highlight=comet+graphic

If link above doesn't work just search forums for alternate graphics project. That guy does good work. Been using them for awhile now most are like the spell effects they added in later as far as I can remember

Jaleth
10-16-2015, 08:43 PM
Anyway I loved those spell graphics aswell, but they don't go with the era. Wont ever be made official on blue, but maybe on the green server. I'm still upset with the loss of the far superior Luclin graphics, but I understand why they shouldn't be here, same reason as those spell effects. Keeping it classic.

Telin
10-16-2015, 09:26 PM
Anyway I loved those spell graphics aswell, but they don't go with the era. Wont ever be made official on blue, but maybe on the green server. I'm still upset with the loss of the far superior Luclin graphics, but I understand why they shouldn't be here, same reason as those spell effects. Keeping it classic.

If there were to be a custom server, I would expect to see custom spell graphics as well. No need to reuse the luclin graphics we've all seen before.

DevGrousis
10-17-2015, 12:36 AM
For example the bard class had visual music notes mixed in with some of their songs.

Those were freaking awesome

Jaleth
10-17-2015, 07:36 AM
If there were to be a custom server, I would expect to see custom spell graphics as well. No need to reuse the luclin graphics we've all seen before.

Just saying why not give the viewer the option like before on a custom server only. Any exploits of using Luclin graphics could be handled severly on an individual basis, just like boxing. I'm all for adding enhanced spell effects too. Again many many years down the road on the custom "green" server. IF it ever came about.