PDA

View Full Version : WTH is up with Unrest mobs?

Skittlez
10-15-2015, 08:44 AM
It hasn't been too long since I started really playing again, but Unrest mobs used to NOT teleport in the middle of combat or start of a pull and go up stairs to have 6 other mobs follow them back down. Is Unrest bugged or something?

WTB working ghouls...

khanable
10-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Pathing/geometry has been fucky

Lots of mobs falling under the world and taking odd paths back, sadly :(

maestrom
10-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Seems most problematic where mobs have to walk in areas that change elevation where there are levels above/below them. They seems to have trouble with Z axis stuff.

EndofLine
10-15-2015, 09:58 AM
Sebilis Disco, just don't. Guarantee Train City.
LGUK Bedroom, just don't. Guarantee Train City.
Unrest House, just don't. Guarantee Train City.

I'm sure there are others, but I'm confident they are working to find out what is causing this and it will be remedied in the near future. For now though. Try to pull outside or to a safer area. It sucks, but try to live with it until they can get us fixed up.

Duncon
10-15-2015, 10:24 AM
I can’t find the thread but a dev (Haynar?), claimed to have a solution for this problem ready to go on the next patch.

Feanol
10-15-2015, 10:25 AM
Barring an actual fix, here's a way to deal with this sort of thing:

Stay VERY close, think melee range, to the mob you are pulling as you lead it toward your group. Mobs seem to behave better on the Z axis if their target is right in front of them in my experience.

You'll take more hits obviously, but it's better than training your group.

Skittlez
10-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Its not too bad with a group. It's just been putting a damper in soloing with my Bard. I can handle 3 or less without kiting until I get some red cons on me. I'm not the biggest fan of kiting.

Glad to know it's being fixed soon though. I can happily wait for it knowing it's coming up. Anyone other dungeons I can get away with soloing as a 21 Bard?

Spenny121
10-15-2015, 11:07 AM
Sebilis Disco, just don't. Guarantee Train City.
LGUK Bedroom, just don't. Guarantee Train City.
Unrest House, just don't. Guarantee Train City.

I'm sure there are others, but I'm confident they are working to find out what is causing this and it will be remedied in the near future. For now though. Try to pull outside or to a safer area. It sucks, but try to live with it until they can get us fixed up.

Sol A pretty much anywhere is horrible in regards to trains. Gnomes will path and cause trains inside the castle, and goblins in the tunnels also always warp and bring trains.

Right now in any dungeon I'd just be prepared at all times for a train. If the mob disappears when you're fighting or runs the other way, you better start too.

Era'viss
10-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Nub here.

I literally believed wholeheartedly that this was a classic mechanic, and with that I haven't been upset about it lol. I've been able to work around this by pulling to locations where there is no second level. Never fight where there's a ceiling or something on which you can stand (even if there isn't access to it), and it won't cause any trains.

Good to know it's a bug that is being worked out.

stavio
10-15-2015, 01:18 PM
Not only have I had it happen in places to me such as Unrest Basement but also places like West commonlands simply fighting a will-o-wisp on the side of a hill (which never came back after waiting 5-10minutes) , even had cockatrice disappear while I was fighting it near the warslik zoneline in Overthere (when it came back it brought what seemed to be half the zone of cockatrices). I also found one place in Oasis that is basically a worm-hole for crocs, they get sucked up into the sand and thrown out into the ocean miles and miles away.

skipdog
10-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Yeah lots of zones are fucked like this. Nobody seems to care. :(

perditionparty
10-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Nobody seems to care. :(

This is definitely not true