PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2015

Braknar
10-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Howdy folks, wanted to let people know that we plan to run an event this year on Halloween.

I wanted to post something since we hadn't done anything in a bit on Halloween.

Anywho, hope to see you all there!

Pint
10-17-2015, 07:03 PM
sweet, thanks staff

Wizing
Will this be on red also ?

Oleris
we gonna finally kill the froggy or find where the princess is?

Itap
10-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Good stuff!

khanable
10-17-2015, 07:05 PM
awesome!

Sorn
10-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Can I help with the event?

(and can someone turn me into a raptor for the entire duration?)

Tupakk
10-17-2015, 08:15 PM
We did an event last year. In Kelithen.

What are you planning?

The DoF is more then willing to help.

PM me your skype name all add you to the brain storm channel.

Braknar
10-17-2015, 08:59 PM
We did an event last year. In Kelithen.

What are you planning?

The DoF is more then willing to help.

PM me your skype name all add you to the brain storm channel.

What's a DoF?

Tupakk
10-17-2015, 09:01 PM
What's a DoF?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211495&highlight=Department

Minus Moregan Cause he was let go.

Braknar
10-17-2015, 09:43 PM
Will this be on red also ?

Good question.

I'll check with folks, but I don't see why not. The only issue I have with that is there are some guilds that could literally just camp the quest spots and lock anyone else out.

Unlike the Velious event, this isn't planned to have multiple zones it can be run in, so we'll talk about it internally and make sure to let people know.

Braknar
10-17-2015, 09:50 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211495&highlight=Department

Minus Moregan Cause he was let go.

Ah, I see.

I shouldn't need any help with this, thanks though.

Tupakk
10-17-2015, 09:52 PM
Well we're all around, if ya need anything. Just give us a ring if you do need anything.

Sorn
10-17-2015, 11:22 PM
Will there be an exact time this event starts/runs? Gotta hand out candy on Halloween and all.

Braknar
10-17-2015, 11:30 PM
Will there be an exact time this event starts/runs? Gotta hand out candy on Halloween and all.

I would guess 8pm EST or so. Maybe a lil earlier.

Jfertal
10-18-2015, 12:59 AM
I would guess 8pm EST or so. Maybe a lil earlier.

Not one to ever knock down a Gm event, but doesn't that seem a little early for the folks out there with kids or have parties to attend?

Not sure what you got in mind but just some things to consider for the timing of your event! that time is kind of prime time for most of us to be out and about with family and friends!

Braknar
10-18-2015, 01:14 AM
See, and I thought people would think it was too late :)

I'm open to general suggestions. I'll be home all evening as my wife dresses up our toddler and hands out candy.

Sorn
10-18-2015, 01:33 AM
I am usually out around 6pm (MDT) to give candy to the toddlers, get a brief break until sunset, and then I'm out again until 9:30 or 10 to deal with the older hordes. (I dress up myself and my porch every year for extra fun times.)

So basically someone like me would be able to attend either before or after that 3-4 hour block (not including costume prep time). It's a Saturday so I assume plenty of people will be playing all day before doing Halloween things, too. What if you did the event in the afternoon?

Jfertal
10-18-2015, 02:05 AM
See, and I thought people would think it was too late :)

I'm open to general suggestions. I'll be home all evening as my wife dresses up our toddler and hands out candy.

I think it all depends on what you plan to do! Most event history(holidays) has been pretty long, followed up by a pull the lever repop, so you are talking a pretty long night of gaming. Which we aren't opposed to, espcially a on saturday night.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love the parties, customes, pumpkin carving, playing sabbath at my house and the misfits, but I love fucking EQ.

If you plan to do a quick fun activity I think the time isn't too bad, but if you planned to host something a bit longer, it does kind of go into conflicting schedules. I'm sure whatever you do, we will all drop what we are doing and race to the computers.

We are nerds what do you expect.

Pokesan
10-18-2015, 02:20 AM
can i come dressed as caitlyn jenner?

Hastley
10-18-2015, 08:21 AM
Thanks staff for doing this.

People complaining they want to do other real life things and demanding the event be catered to them, get a grip. Love your lives . Eq isn't that important.

Thanks again for hosting this braknar

LGraves
10-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Thanks Staff! And what Hastley said ~

mropey
10-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Thanks staff for doing this.

People complaining they want to do other real life things and demanding the event be catered to them, get a grip. Love your lives . Eq isn't that important.

Thanks again for hosting this braknar

^

JayDee
10-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Not one to ever knock down a Gm event, but doesn't that seem a little early for the folks out there with kids or have parties to attend?

That's how it works with kids. You miss out on great things because you are now responsible for people other than yourself.

As far as party goers go, they can make a choice. Since when is having options a bad thing.

Braknar
10-18-2015, 10:03 AM
The event duration will be about 3 hours.

I dunno about a repop as that requires Rogean, I dunno if he was planning to be available or not.

Jfertal
10-18-2015, 10:07 AM
That's how it works with kids. You miss out on great things because you are now responsible for people other than yourself.

As far as party goers go, they can make a choice. Since when is having options a bad thing.

I don't even have kids I was, nor any plans that night really! Hell I don't remember posting!