PDA

View Full Version : is agility the stupidest stat?

Rastignac
10-28-2015, 02:34 PM
seems stupid to me.

maestrom
10-28-2015, 02:37 PM
It's the primary stat tied to AC. So if you think AC is stupid, then yes.

I think int on priests is stupid.

Rastignac
10-28-2015, 02:43 PM
yeah but every time, since 1999, that I go and try to understand how it affects AC past the 75 cutoff I get confused. So I'm gonna go ahead and say it's stupid.

Int stupid too tho.

Ele
10-28-2015, 02:52 PM
Charisma mucho important.

That all powerful DI save.

Rastignac
10-28-2015, 02:53 PM
charisma's a great stat. I mostly just don't like agility.

for example you'll see an item with tons of agility, and be like, shit, I wish it was wisdom, even half that much wisdom.

Samoht
10-28-2015, 03:11 PM
Yeah, agility is the only stat that loses any importance after 75. At least CHA has slight usefulness for classes other than enchanter/bard.

Colgate
10-28-2015, 03:39 PM
agility gives a small amount of AC, that's about it

on red, agility and dexterity are factored into avoidance and hit rate in PvP

maestrom
10-28-2015, 03:42 PM
I did more research on Agi.

Yes. Agi is dumb as long as its > 75.

portbitch69
10-28-2015, 03:43 PM
agi increases the chance of defensive skills? like dodge, riposte..?

koros
10-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Someone should a large sample size test of miss rate with and without an agi buff. That would put the issue to be once and for all.

Sorn
10-28-2015, 04:15 PM
I've always held the belief that agi impacts how fast your natural run/walk speed is.

Lisset
10-28-2015, 04:16 PM
I've always held the belief that lead paint chips are delicious.

FTFY

Sorn
10-28-2015, 04:39 PM
I consider mercury to be an excellent condiment

Trolling aside, you do run slower if AGI is too low.

ArumTP
10-28-2015, 05:15 PM
Trolling aside, you do run slower if you eat lead paint chips like me.

Samoht
10-28-2015, 05:46 PM

Below 75. Above 75, it's uniform until 255.

captnamazing
10-28-2015, 06:10 PM
how freaking cool would it be to have a super agile warrior who had shitty hp but awesome ac and evasion skills. man. that would be neat warrior to scrape off the wall.

86753o9
10-28-2015, 08:26 PM
how freaking cool would it be to have a super agile warrior who had shitty hp but awesome ac and evasion skills. man. that would be neat warrior to scrape off the wall.
Especially if he had really high wisdom.

justin2090
10-28-2015, 08:40 PM
super agile warrior = the red viper
beefy hp warrior = the mountain

mind blown

titanshub
10-28-2015, 09:04 PM

No you're thinking of monks.

EDIT: your/you're

Tasslehofp99
10-28-2015, 09:09 PM

yeah, I thought it did anyway ... I always ask shamans for an agi buff on my monk.

Lisset
10-28-2015, 10:43 PM

Well..... I still like my answer better. :D

Synthlol
10-28-2015, 10:54 PM

Agility increases the skillup chance for defensive skills.

The skill level determines how reliable they are.

Feanol
10-29-2015, 10:47 AM
In Defense of Agility (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185566&highlight=Defense+Agility)

I know we all like to think of ourselves as never getting into trouble and going to low hitpoints in a fight, but you know damn well it happens.

People with a few +AGI stats are going to make it to the zoneline. You folks sitting at 75 AGI will die.

fadetree
10-29-2015, 11:32 AM

Don't think so.

Swish
10-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Unless you're a bard or enchanter, I'd have to say charisma is a very pointless stat :p

Even as a "lull" class like a cleric...I'd rather have the agi points.

Doors
10-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Agility to AC conversion is like, 9 agility per 1 AC.

It's fucking horrible and probably the worst stat in the game PVE wise.

Danth
10-29-2015, 01:37 PM
The reason for the poor returns from Agility is because not all AC is created equally. Agility adds "miss" AC. Hypothetically, with higher Agility you should be missed more often. Armor and AC buffs add mitigation AC which simply skews DI a little lower and which has no effect whatsoever on base damage (minimum hit). Point being: Since mitigation AC simply lowers damage, while Agility AC can eliminate a damage round completely, 1 AC from agility is worth more than one AC from armor.

Disclaimer: The above assumes the stats at least function in-game as they should. Given P1999 and Eq-emulator's historic problems with AC and combat in general, this assumption is not a sure thing. In my own gearing I do not focus on Agility as a stat; that's pretty hard to do as a tank type due to the lack of Agility on plate armor. I will, however, ask for Agility buffs when available.

Danth

Swish
10-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Agility to AC conversion is like, 9 agility per 1 AC.

It's fucking horrible and probably the worst stat in the game PVE wise.

For all classes equally? That doesn't seem right. Maybe it is...

thufir
10-29-2015, 02:03 PM
So what's so great about dex? Does it do anything aside from improve your proc rate? I hear a lot about how "agi sucks" (and I don't know how borked EQEMU is, but http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38373&highlight=Agility seems to say it does *something*) ... but why would anyone without a proc'ing weapon want dex above agi?

SamwiseRed
10-29-2015, 02:05 PM
agility is important in EvE Online.

Seltius
Agility on live was an important stat for monks early on until gear got to where the stats/effects outweighed the loss of ac on higher weight. I still see a difference in PVE on blue and red when I have higher weight. I know it doesn't have the same effect that it should because iirc AC isn't calculated right here. And here if your over weight by even a little on a monk your agility starts to drop and its a lot more than 1ac to 9agi conversion for monks.

Thing with a monk is you have to look at stats+effect(if there is one) vs Wt(loss of agi/ac) Things like a Fungi far outweigh the loss of ac due to effect.

Other than that I have to say Charisma is worthless for melee unless your buying/selling.

Each class has at least 1 stat that isn't nearly as useful or is useless for them. /shrug

Seltius
agility is important in EvE Online.

loved that game.

fadetree
10-29-2015, 02:10 PM
traditionally, AC generated by AGI is avoidance AC. AC generated by worn AC is mitigation AC. Both play a part in damage calcs, but iirc mitigation is a lot more significant.

Swish
10-29-2015, 02:13 PM
I dunno, I valued agi a lot on my rogue...more so than dex - I'd rather have avoidance than mitigation on a rogue.

Champion_Standing
10-29-2015, 02:19 PM
No you're thinking of monks.

EDIT: your/you're

ur*

Jimjam
10-30-2015, 12:20 PM
I dunno, I valued agi a lot on my rogue...more so than dex - I'd rather have avoidance than mitigation on a rogue.

Are you talking about live? On live (at somepoint in the time line, and it certainly wasn't well known about) Agi had a double effect for rogues over level 30, adding mitigation AC if you had enough of it. Perhaps this influenced your decision.

azeth
10-30-2015, 01:26 PM
So what's so great about dex? Does it do anything aside from improve your proc rate? I hear a lot about how "agi sucks" (and I don't know how borked EQEMU is, but http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38373&highlight=Agility seems to say it does *something*) ... but why would anyone without a proc'ing weapon want dex above agi?

you're right, if you dont use proccing weapons you probably don't want dex. consider though end-game you're trying to keep avatar up on yourself with a primal, so a good dex foundation will help.

botrainer
10-30-2015, 01:35 PM
AGI after it hits 76/75 is completely worthless. If it was taking AGI over any other stat, look at your AGI if its over 75/76 take something else.

On this server AC is useless for Cloth, Leather, Chain, Monks, and plates (besides warriors who are level 60) The server adjusted its stats so that AC heavy people twinking up level 1's cant power through 10s 20s 30s 40s 50s. Ive noticed this from the time I made my ranger, and got a fungi, Fungi did more then all the rest of my gear outside my weapons to level up.

Dont buy ac items, if your leveling monk / chain / plate, get Fungi, 2 good weapons, and youll level as fast as if you spent 500k on top of the line items. Just buy cheap HP Items, a boat load of HPs will keep you alive, the fungi will regen it back, you can solo until 30s to 40s such a joke.

86753o9
11-01-2015, 11:06 AM
If by stupidest stat you mean least useful stat I would have to say endurance is less useful than agility.

DeathByCactus
11-01-2015, 11:59 AM
"most stupid"

Stupidest is stupid.

hurt
11-01-2015, 08:53 PM
I read somewhere on these forums that in pvp if ones dex is higher than their opponents agi, it increased their chance to hit.

There was a parse somewhere showing the difference in hit rates.

maerilith
11-24-2015, 10:20 PM
I think on over time 14 or so ac from 25 agi not soft capped would definitely pay itself off.

An MT even on a raid taking on avg 1% less damage from a heavy hitter per hit is still a decent payback.

HP is a solid stat for warriors because they get a really good return on it and have rediculous AC and good returns on AC over the cap and I think just barely hit the cap in max level velious gear.

However for a caster who hits the cap early and gets shitty returns on AC over the cap, ide dump 5 or 10 points in AGI and go for a round 100 agi just for shitss and giggles and good early game mitigation. It's noticable.

Though high AGI will never really make you a better tank than someone with regen, stun immunity or raid buffs.

TLDR for anyone it might matter maxing AGI it's probably worthless, rangers could do better with dex.

And no you don't dodge better with more AGI, it just skills up to max/per level quicker.

Also it seems like even with pretty rediculously high agi, getting low hp percentages tends to take you to very low agi levels below 75 anyway so below 22% hp or 39% or whatever it is it's wasted.

Jigawatts
11-25-2015, 12:16 AM
Agility and Dexterity should be (or should have been) combined into a single stat.

Baa
11-25-2015, 01:07 AM
I remember when I started playing in 1999 I spent a few weeks using my schools super fast internet to pick a class - before deciding on a human magician.

When created this char my friend (who was an expert lvl 12 wizard) gave me the following advice:
Strength: How hard you hit enemies for
Stamina: How long you can run / sprint / keep fighting
Agility: Helps you move around the world, making you quicker and more able to dodge
Dexterity: Makes you better at landing hits on enemies
Intelligence: Worthless stat
Wisdom: Worthless stat
Charisma: Lets you buy items for cheaper

Everywhere I read that magicians were a battle wizard, and what status do a battle wizard need! Str and Sta!

Needless to say I hit lvl 35 and decided to reroll a gnome.

I am sure if my 16 year old self knew what I was getting myself into I would have put more thought in the first time around!

Jigawatts
11-25-2015, 01:30 AM
I remember when I started playing in 1999 I spent a few weeks using my schools super fast internet to pick a class - before deciding on a human magician.

When created this char my friend (who was an expert lvl 12 wizard) gave me the following advice:
Strength: How hard you hit enemies for
Stamina: How long you can run / sprint / keep fighting
Agility: Helps you move around the world, making you quicker and more able to dodge
Dexterity: Makes you better at landing hits on enemies
Intelligence: Worthless stat
Wisdom: Worthless stat
Charisma: Lets you buy items for cheaper

Everywhere I read that magicians were a battle wizard, and what status do a battle wizard need! Str and Sta!

Needless to say I hit lvl 35 and decided to reroll a gnome.

I am sure if my 16 year old self knew what I was getting myself into I would have put more thought in the first time around!
I love stories like these.

Droog007
11-25-2015, 01:03 PM
Coming from AD&D, I saw EQ stats included dex AND agility .. I was like: wow, complex!!

Complex? Yes.
Profound? Negative.

Swish
11-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Coming from AD&D, I saw EQ stats included dex AND agility .. I was like: wow, complex!!

Complex? Yes.
Profound? Negative.

:o

Secrets
11-25-2015, 01:30 PM
What's the best beastlord stat?

Ele
11-25-2015, 01:46 PM
What's the best beastlord stat?

Delete

Jimjam
11-25-2015, 02:07 PM
Did you know beastlords get mitigation AC bonus at high agi in addition to avoidance ac?

dafier
11-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Delete

HA! :D

dafier
11-25-2015, 02:45 PM
Question for everyone:

How much agility do you need in order to be 75 or above when you hit that 'low health' part of the fight.

Right now I think I have just over 100 AGI (bonus is all from items worn). When I get to around 15% health, I see my AGI drop to 75, but is there a magic number in order to make sure that when low health you still stay at 75+ and what is it?

JurisDictum
11-25-2015, 04:55 PM
I don't have any mathematical proof, but after leveling a few melee on this server -- I def notice a difference between lower AC and higher AC characters. It also seems like geared Iksar tanks are a little harder than other races high end -- but I don't actually play one to say for sure.