PDA

View Full Version : Thief Warning: Vektius

talian21
11-02-2015, 04:22 AM
Lost a CoS to this guy last night in EC. Since we all know I'll never see that bad boy again, thought I'd at least warn others about this guy, maybe save someone else some annoyance. If anyone knows any of his alts/main, post it up, name n shame time. Plus I wanna who this pissant is; if I run into an alt of his, I wanna know it's him.

Swish
11-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Make a petition and they'll track him down and maybe even get you your item returned. That stuff usually takes a while though.

Monty405
11-02-2015, 08:44 AM
How did he do it? Just the good ole "i'll pay you with my alt" technique?

Skillslam
11-02-2015, 09:05 AM
GOT

PROF?

GinnasP99
11-02-2015, 10:15 AM
We need more details, plz deliver OP

Ele
11-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Did he ninja loot it?

Transfer gone bad?

Let me log on my mule to pay you?

Pyrrhica
11-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Always demand the money up front. Let them worry about a transfer.

Llandris
11-02-2015, 01:04 PM
That name does not exist.

Swish
11-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Maybe check out who he's been trading with - probably a Vetkius, Vektias or some other variation?

If this is a troll thread I'd be suprised.

iruinedyourday
11-02-2015, 02:40 PM

Are you looking in the right dimension, Rick?

talian21
11-02-2015, 03:55 PM
I petitioned immediately. llandris, it would be a simple matter to look at the logs for EC, at the time I stated in my petition, (11/1 22:25ish according to /time command) and see a CoS going into inv of a char named Vektius (or possibly something similar; it was late at night and I was exhausted, but I think I have the name right) who immediately logged. Would you mind taking a look? I'd be curious if they xferred the CoS, and deleted the thieving char to cover their butt. Thank you in advance.

And again, I'd really like to know their main; I'm sure that anyone who hates a thief, would like to know before they group with this person.

Like I said, I know the CoS is gone; this is not a reimbursement request. This is just to identify a thief.

maestrom
11-02-2015, 03:57 PM
I petitioned immediately. llandris, it would be a simple matter to look at the logs for EC, at the time I stated in my petition, (11/1 22:25ish according to /time command) and see a CoS going into inv of a char named Vektius (or possibly something similar; it was late at night and I was exhausted, but I think I have the name right) who immediately logged. Would you mind taking a look? I'd be curious if they xferred the CoS, and deleted the thieving char to cover their butt. Thank you in advance.

And again, I'd really like to know their main; I'm sure that anyone who hates a thief, would like to know before they group with this person.

Like I said, I know the CoS is gone; this is not a reimbursement request. This is just to identify a thief.

You don't have logs of it yourself?

Oleris
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/3EAKx5WXO4Vh0qKvPW/giphy.gif

maskedmelon
11-02-2015, 04:30 PM
and see a CoS going into inv of a char named Vektius (or possibly something similar;

Curious wording... This wasn't a drop transfer intercept by chance was it? :/

Mead
11-02-2015, 04:45 PM
CoS as in Circlet of Shadow? People actually steal those lol?

Ostros
11-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Since we all know I'll never see that bad boy again,

Heh.

Monty405
11-03-2015, 10:40 AM
isnt it time to nerf the CoS yet? been so many in circulation I wonder how long it'll take before non-nerfed ones increase in value.

Swish
11-03-2015, 10:44 AM
There's got to be 1000s of prenerf ones, I don't see the nerf being a big deal for anyone who hasn't got a prenerf one... but then if someone touts holgresh beads at 500k everyone else will as well.

Nixtar
11-03-2015, 02:37 PM
They won't cost as much as live. Not even close. We've had years with kunark, and even now you constantly see someone trying get rid of their CoS/Beads. Once upon a time it was cool to own one, now you're just one of many.

Nerf will prob bump up the price but due to the sheer amount of people who think they're clever by saving one to sell, yeah, good luck Mr EC hustler, you're definitely the only one who thought of this.

captnamazing
11-03-2015, 04:38 PM
They won't cost as much as live. Not even close. We've had years with kunark, and even now you constantly see someone trying get rid of their CoS/Beads. Once upon a time it was cool to own one, now you're just one of many.

Nerf will prob bump up the price but due to the sheer amount of people who think they're clever by saving one to sell, yeah, good luck Mr EC hustler, you're definitely the only one who thought of this.
Can confirm, even I have a CoS on my ec bot and I am not one to tunnel quest

Blade
11-03-2015, 11:31 PM
3 Pages of this potential name and shame gold and we're still not even sure if the dude exists.

You gotta make sure you get the name right if you want to name and shame brotha man, it's an important requirement.

Sorry about your shit.

Swish
11-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Some definite rustling now. If this was a troll thread then +1 for subtlety <3

Monty405
11-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Has anyone made Vektius?

Bonus forum points if you capture screenshots of you doing /auction WTS CoS in EC.

Nikkanu
11-04-2015, 08:37 AM
Without any screenshots, logs, fraps, or any sort of evidence backing up the accusations being made here I would expect that no one will give a damn.

Mead
11-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Funny how OP refuses to reply to how did it happen...

I mean I have to assume he gave him the cos thinking the guy was going to buy it on another toon or to transfer it for him. I only say that because nobody is retarded enough to drop transfer in EC. That would be a whole other level of stupid.

gankstar1868
11-04-2015, 10:53 AM
Fake.

Dillian
11-04-2015, 11:23 AM

Wrong they cost alot on live still to this day mainly becuase they dont get farmed as much

Swish
11-04-2015, 11:24 AM
I think that was the point Dillian hehe

I don't see the price spiking on blue after the nerf, unless there's a 16 hour a day welfare fat cat prepared to spam the new price endlessly, and people buying them ofc.

Dillian
11-04-2015, 11:28 AM
ahhhh. well lol for people buying overpriced items. especially for eye of zomm. I dont raid so i guess i dont see the point

joppykid
11-04-2015, 01:26 PM
ahhhh. well lol for people buying overpriced items. especially for eye of zomm. I dont raid so i guess i dont see the point

I sold a wurmslayer for 40k in the bazaar 4 years ago on live. economies are quite different lol.

Thulack
11-04-2015, 01:36 PM
I mean I have to assume he gave him the cos thinking the guy was going to buy it on another toon or to transfer it for him. I only say that because nobody is retarded enough to drop transfer in EC. That would be a whole other level of stupid.

Ive drop xfered many times in EC. Even at the tunnel. Anything under 2-3k i would just find a random afk orge or troll sitting above the tunnel and drop the stuff right behind them. Then swap toons :P

Morlaeth
11-04-2015, 02:11 PM
If this was a straight up transfer request...why in the world wouldn't you ask a geared player from a known guild? Never ask naked people or traders.

If you were selling the item and he didn't pay you for it, that's on you.

OP makes it seem like it was a transfer because he said "I'll never see that bad boy again" like he intended to keep using it?

Swish
11-04-2015, 03:54 PM
As the saga continues we can rule out a drop transfer unless the "thief" decided to send the OP a tell laughing at his misfortune etc.

So many scammers on blue, I've never had a trade go wrong and that included blue to red plat transferring when it was allowed.