PDA

View Full Version : Newb question about iksar illusion spell

Kandykiss
11-06-2015, 06:37 AM
I am finally high enough that I think my partner and I can pull off the iksar illusion spell quest. It goes for 1k each and we need a decent way to earn money for our levels, so we can buy some jboots. I am at enchanter but he is not. I was wondering if he needed to be an enchanter to do the quest or should we just go killing and having only me loot it. The quest seems a bit vague. It says it is an enchanter quest but it doesn't say she wont give it to others. Does any know for sure? Sorry to bother everyone with the stupid question. http://wiki.project1999.com/Illusion:_Iksar_Quest

Kavious
11-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Any class can complete that quest. I did it on my Druid and gave the spell to my Enchanter.

Not sure if any quests are class restricted, I havnt come across one yet

Swish
11-06-2015, 08:48 AM
I don't see why she wouldn't give it to others unless you're kos to high elves or the FV outpost. (don't take that as a 100% endorsement, someone might know for sure)

The quest is a pain to do depending on your levels, particularly the asshole froglok you need in Firiona Vie - trying to get him out of that pit area (where I always found him at least) isn't easy without adds.... but some aoe mez and I'm sure you'll be fine.

If you have time and don't mind waking up early or staying up late, the OOT AC spawn usually has a list - I've had him in 3 spawns before (after the last guy just had an AC spawn) but I've also been there 12 hours with no luck. I'd sooner camp the jboots and hope that he'll spawn, then and save the plat accumulated for something else myself... but everyone's different :p

trite
11-06-2015, 10:50 AM
I would just camp jboots when you are high enough, the cost of all the sow pots you would want to click on your way to 60 as an enchanter will be a lot less than the jboots mq cost probably....once you get in the late 20s you should be high enough to do the incandescent mask, gloves and rod of insidious glamour quests as well...

Kandykiss
11-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone. OK maybe we will camp it. We are just in the late 20s now. A high level helped me complete this quest and I noticed all the mobs I killed were blue so I thought maybe we could do it alone. I guess we can wait till 50 or so then camp our own boots.

Evia
11-06-2015, 10:45 PM
50? Ya'll can probably duo Jboots quest in mid 30s. I usually solo it when my character hits 37/38

Silverain
11-07-2015, 03:23 AM
I've done the iksar illusion quest as an iksar monk and as a high elf wizard. Both work fine, at least in FV, and is quite easy. So, I don't think there are restrictions on the spell itself, as it's tradeable no matter which end of the quest ya do.