PDA

View Full Version : I Use to be a Blue man , then I went Red

visage
11-10-2015, 02:51 AM
I realized.... WTF was I doing on blue.... Pixels.... pixels..... Where the fuck does it end???? Seriusly consider red.

captnamazing
11-10-2015, 02:56 AM
I realized.... WTF was I doing on blue.... Pixels.... pixels..... Where the fuck does it end???? Seriusly consider red.

hate to break your bubble but you only get pixels on red too

Xaanka
11-10-2015, 03:26 AM
nah, red server actually feels like a living & dynamic world. blue's singleplayer tunnelquest on a grind for nothing.

titanshub
11-10-2015, 03:33 AM
Don't you guys have your own forums?

fragmaster
11-10-2015, 03:45 AM
I don't get PVP here at all. It takes forever to do anything in this game why would I want to open myself up to exterior threats to make things take even longer? I suppose that's not so much of a problem on R99 because it's top heavy and the population is low, but it's still a wild card when I do my risk vs reward calculations. R99 is more risk with no more reward. What is the point? So I level to 60 on R99 in a fraction of the time it would take on blue just to join one of two guilds doing top end content (one of which is only allowed to contest what it does because the number one guild allows it to do so). Otherwise I'm fighting against the odds as an underdog and running whenever a better geared group of 60s shows up to contest a camp or raid.

I honestly don't get the appeal of R99. I like PVP games, but I don't want to wait an hour on a LNS just so I can contest a camp again. I don't want to watch a group break up because some twinked out PKs run through and fuck up my groups XP. I don't want to deal with more CRs in a game where a CR could mean 30 minutes of running or waiting for a res just to spend another 30 minutes (while violating LNS) fighting off some twink PKs. Hell, even it they aren't twinks and they just want the camp, I could still eat an XP death because of spawns and there goes 10% of my level.

R99 is more risk for no increased reward unless you take glee in yellow text and the slight possibility of plat dropping in PVP. If you're a die hard PVPer I understand your motivations, but I think for most people who have played EQ the added risks just mean more time wasted and less fun had.

Xaanka
11-10-2015, 03:50 AM
I don't get PVP here at all. It takes forever to do anything in this game why would I want to open myself up to exterior threats to make things take even longer? I suppose that's not so much of a problem on R99 because it's top heavy and the population is low, but it's still a wild card when I do my risk vs reward calculations. R99 is more risk with no more reward. What is the point? So I level to 60 on R99 in a fraction of the time it would take on blue just to join one of two guilds doing top end content (one of which is only allowed to contest what it does because the number one guild allows it to do so). Otherwise I'm fighting against the odds as an underdog and running whenever a better geared group of 60s shows up to contest a camp or raid.

I honestly don't get the appeal of R99. I like PVP games, but I don't want to wait an hour on a LNS just so I can contest a camp again. I don't want to watch a group break up because some twinked out PKs run through and fuck up my groups XP. I don't want to deal with more CRs in a game where a CR could mean 30 minutes of running or waiting for a res just to spend another 30 minutes (while violating LNS) fighting off some twink PKs. Hell, even it they aren't twinks and they just want the camp, I could still eat an XP death because of spawns and there goes 10% of my level.

R99 is more risk for no increased reward unless you take glee in yellow text and the slight possibility of plat dropping in PVP. If you're a die hard PVPer I understand your motivations, but I think for most people who have played EQ the added risks just mean more time wasted and less fun had.

get to 60 on blue, experience the endgame scene, and you'll understand. blue's the better server 1-59 but seriously garbage at 60, where the game starts.

fragmaster
11-10-2015, 04:09 AM
get to 60 on blue, experience the endgame scene, and you'll understand. blue's the better server 1-59 but seriously garbage at 60, where the game starts.

I've read this before and I'm sure I'll come to agree with it in some respects, but I don't see how a server with a smaller population with less competition could make things any better.

How could a server with one dominant guild and one vassal guild be any better than a server with a number of active guilds downing high end content. Yes I realize blue has one guild dominating the majority of the bleeding edge raids, but at least there's some kind of contention on the majority of the other spawns.

It's fine that there's one group that tries harder than the others so that they can do what the other cannot because they are unwilling to do what the most dedicated are doing, but when the top end guild is only downing a majority of the content because they have the numbers to do so then the server has issues and those issues make things less fun.

I've thought about it and I'd rather deal with rules lawyering and FTE than I would like to deal with being steamrolled or just simply unable to contest due to numbers. Or, I guess, if I rolled on R99, I could just join Empire or be happy in TMO taking the scraps that Empire has moved past. Yeah, that sounds like fun!

Troxx
11-10-2015, 04:14 AM

^ this

Seriously, is there some unwritten rule that mandated we have at least two new threads per day from a very pathetic red community begging for more people to come play in their shitbox with them? If it was that great, you'd have a larger community.

Besides, I hear Empire royally fucked any chances at balanced, meaningful pvp at the high end. Plenty of uncontested pixels and lopsided pvp roflstomping to be had! What fun!!!

fragmaster
11-10-2015, 04:16 AM
^ this

Seriously, is there some unwritten rule that mandated we have at least two new threads per day from a very pathetic red community begging for more people to come play in their shitbox with them? If it was that great, you'd have a larger community.

Besides, I hear Empire royally fucked any chances at balanced, meaningful pvp at the high end. Plenty of uncontested pixels and lopsided pvp roflstomping to be had! What fun!!!

what he said

Swish
11-10-2015, 05:58 AM
Come on now guys, if there wasn't a post like this you'd have to be mad about something else. Might I recommend '1984' by George Orwell? That part with everyone getting mad at the screen and shouting abuse.

Without the occasional red thread the blue community would turn in on itself.

That said, don't take a forum thread as gospel - try it for yourselves and see.

fragmaster
11-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Swish, dude, do something else. You have like 6 posts per day and that's a conservative number. I don't hate you or anything, but seriously dude... do something else!

Damn
11-10-2015, 06:27 AM
^ this

The only thing empire roflstomps is tmo when they dont pay the loot they lease halls of testing for or what we call the *Cuck Bill*

Nobody who actually pvps begs blue players to consider red its empire/all the other weirdos who play red for uncontested camps or because they couldnt hack it on blue

Dont get me wrong i like free yellowtext on naive bluebies but fighting you guys is like kicking a retard in comparison its fun at first but eventually it gets boring

AxerJ
11-10-2015, 06:28 AM
I like Swish. Keep updating your sigs, man!

I understand questioning an MMO PvE server. Someone, I think frag, was saying they didn't understand how the risk:reward made sense on a pvp server - the reward is that you can run around and do world pvp. World pvp is more of a reward because it is more of a human connection, more of an actual accomplishment because it affects another human's experience, unlike playing simply to get more items or see new spell effects. On a strictly pve server, the human interaction comes from just grouping, socializing, and working together to take down harder enemies - I get that, that's cool. Or it could be just the personal satisfaction of trying to get a new item or level and getting it.

But running around and having noticeable, real, influences on another human's experience through world pvp just gives more "heft" to the purpose of playing this/a game. It seems more purposeful. I think the OP was just sharing they had realized the eternal quest for more digital items and graphics was pretty pointless, and the only thing that mattered was a more human connection the pvp server could provide. Unless you're really down with grouping and feel like working together to take down big mobs is purposeful enough! I could understand that.

Didn't mean to start playing philosophyquest, forgive me.

Troxx
11-10-2015, 06:45 AM
People just have different goals when it comes to gaming. I'm no stranger to pvp, I played on tallon and sullon zek on live and had a good time. I've also played games like war hammer online that had much more enjoyable and balanced pvp than Everquest.

Most people don't play on red because they just don't want that aspect of the game. Those that might like it under the right circumstances might simply not be keen on the poor quality and lack of balance regarding eq pvp. Player vs player content never was a strong suit for eq. Racial or evil/neutral/good pvp added a cool dynamic, but as it stand now it doesn't look like fun.

Trolling threads and posts won't win you new players, if anything it might turn them off.

Monty405
11-10-2015, 08:58 AM
I deleted my blue characters before leaving for red 99. I was filled with promises of new found riches and glory. Come to red 99 they said, it will change your life they said.

Fast forward three months later and I am still sitting in a damp, dimly lit basement of my mothers house. Still never having the courage to walk outside and feel the warm, soft embrace of a girl - let alone the courage to converse with one.

Making the switch to red was a mistake.

http://i.imgur.com/oKm0aRW.png

Pipip
11-10-2015, 09:50 AM

I see this written a lot, but where does it say that this is a blue forum? It's in the "General Community" category. If General meant PvE Only, wouldn't that be the category that this forum and the other subforums were in?

titanshub
11-10-2015, 09:53 AM
I see this written a lot, but where does it say that this is a blue forum? It's in the "General Community" category. If General meant PvE Only, wouldn't that be the category that this forum and the other subforums were in?

Don't be dense, there is a server chat and a pvp server chat.

Troxx
11-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Considering there are entirely separate sub forums for red trading, general, rants and flame ....

Yes these are blue forums; they are separate for a reason.

Swish
11-10-2015, 10:10 AM

I understand questioning an MMO PvE server. Someone, I think frag, was saying they didn't understand how the risk:reward made sense on a pvp server - the reward is that you can run around and do world pvp. World pvp is more of a reward because it is more of a human connection, more of an actual accomplishment because it affects another human's experience, unlike playing simply to get more items or see new spell effects. On a strictly pve server, the human interaction comes from just grouping, socializing, and working together to take down harder enemies - I get that, that's cool. Or it could be just the personal satisfaction of trying to get a new item or level and getting it.

But running around and having noticeable, real, influences on another human's experience through world pvp just gives more "heft" to the purpose of playing this/a game. It seems more purposeful. I think the OP was just sharing they had realized the eternal quest for more digital items and graphics was pretty pointless, and the only thing that mattered was a more human connection the pvp server could provide. Unless you're really down with grouping and feel like working together to take down big mobs is purposeful enough! I could understand that.

This is a good post. I spent all my years on EQ live on a pve server, and came to P99 and didn't touch the pvp server when it launched because I'd only ever logged in on Rallos Zek etc when Verant/SOE were screwing around and only had the pvp servers up. It always interested me but I had pals on my own server so starting again seemed counter productive.

Dipped my foot in the water in the red pool in about 2012 and got a feel for it...and slowly it drew me in. Suddenly you're not just doing the same old grind with character #3/4/5/6... you're leveling but you're aware that pvp could happen at any minute, and depending where you're leveling it can happen a lot.

That's not a bad thing, that's adding an extra dimension to a pve game that can feel samey after so long.

Sure, there's people on the server that have been "red" since 1999/2000 and nobody is expecting any new player to take them out. I've been killed by the veterans a number of times over the years I've been there but the crucial thing is that you learn the mechanics for what you should have done, or could have done better....and you become a better player for it.

I think too many people get into the 20s there, get steamrolled by a fungi twink (there's no shame in running, or switching zones) and quit because they just wanted to level peacefully.... there's places to do that, but the well trodden blue leveling zones will get some action a lot. If you carry some pumice, the twink will likely go away after 4-5 of those from you or your group...buffless he's not the invincible killing machine you think he is.

PvP avoidance is a bad thing. The more you die, the more you learn, the better you become and the more you get out of it. Engage in pvp with some pals, organize a mini event with them somewhere just to practice. If you don't like your class, don't play it... its not like EQ doesn't have plenty of others to choose from.

I think too many blue players are quite lazy...

The thought of farming your own gear? *scoff*
The thought of leveling in Droga/Kaesora over CoM? *psssh*
The thought of putting some effort into learning something new? *yikes*

Get out of your comfort zone. There's help on hand for those that need it, you just need to ask the right people.

The hypocrisy of some of the anti-red posters is the worst thing. Most haven't tried it but will bandwagon with someone else who hasn't tried it that claimed something really bad happened to them.

So next time you're at server select or can't decide which of your 10 characters you want to play on blue.... give it some thought.

Thanks for reading <3

Swish

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/16/08/4d/16084d2caf1f135bad09f6e563d130cc.gif

http://i.imgur.com/6GkU3wq.gif

Swish
11-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Swish, dude, do something else. You have like 6 posts per day and that's a conservative number. I don't hate you or anything, but seriously dude... do something else!

Is that all? :o

Considering there are entirely separate sub forums for red trading, general, rants and flame ....

Yes these are blue forums; they are separate for a reason.

http://imageupload.co.uk/images/2015/11/10/Untitled3c636.png

Also what would be the point of asking for new players on the red forums? Preaching to the choir etc.

jolanar
11-10-2015, 10:16 AM

Helping someone achieve something has noticeable real influences on another human's experience. A POSITIVE experience. I have nothing against red, but this argument holds zero weight.

Swish
11-10-2015, 10:20 AM
I deleted my blue characters before leaving for red 99. I was filled with promises of new found riches and glory. Come to red 99 they said, it will change your life they said.

Fast forward three months later and I am still sitting in a damp, dimly lit basement of my mothers house. Still never having the courage to walk outside and feel the warm, soft embrace of a girl - let alone the courage to converse with one.

Playing on red gives you more free time to do other things. The XP bonus will help you hit that level and be able to log out to do things like I do.... go to the gym, book a holiday/"vacation", bet on a horse, and more!

No more waiting LFG for hours because you're a filthy ranger or necromancer...everyone is treated as equals on red, and the more in a group, the faster it goes.

http://i.imgur.com/qVBZLHL.gif

Swish
11-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Helping someone achieve something has noticeable real influences on another human's experience. A POSITIVE experience. I have nothing against red, but this argument holds zero weight.

Learning new things is a positive experience...and people don't solo their epics on red, I'm not sure what you've heard from the blue rumor mill.

Ravager
11-10-2015, 10:31 AM

Swish
11-10-2015, 10:33 AM

Nocsucow
11-10-2015, 10:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FrzegS0.jpg

Seltius
11-10-2015, 10:57 AM
I've read this before and I'm sure I'll come to agree with it in some respects, but I don't see how a server with a smaller population with less competition could make things any better.

How could a server with one dominant guild and one vassal guild be any better than a server with a number of active guilds downing high end content. Yes I realize blue has one guild dominating the majority of the bleeding edge raids, but at least there's some kind of contention on the majority of the other spawns.

It's fine that there's one group that tries harder than the others so that they can do what the other cannot because they are unwilling to do what the most dedicated are doing, but when the top end guild is only downing a majority of the content because they have the numbers to do so then the server has issues and those issues make things less fun.

I've thought about it and I'd rather deal with rules lawyering and FTE than I would like to deal with being steamrolled or just simply unable to contest due to numbers. Or, I guess, if I rolled on R99, I could just join Empire or be happy in TMO taking the scraps that Empire has moved past. Yeah, that sounds like fun!

That's where I tend to differ from some others I don't think red or blue are better but I would like anyone who hasn't tried red to at least check it out. I was reluctant at first and uncomfortable rolling on a new server with such a low pop. Once I got here I loved it. In part because of the friends I have here and also because of the challenge it creates. If you play a monk try doing your normal routine pull when there is a potential for PVP. It adds this whole new sense of anticipation and to an extent nervousness. I can only speak from a monks viewpoint since I have never played a warrior or healer on Red but it changes the whole dynamic. I am just curious to see if anyone else is like me and finds a diamond in the rough in trying Red. Play where you have fun but at least give Red a shot it doesn't hurt or affect you in any way other than afterwards you can honestly say it wasn't for you.

Try to think about a food you were nervous to try at first but loved. Or something else like the first time you went rock climbing, scuba diving, or sky diving. Were you nervous or reluctant or just said you weren't going to enjoy it? Did you love it after you tried it or hate it? If you loved it I bet you still do it or would be willing to do it given the chance. If you hated it I bet you don't do it anymore but I am pretty sure you are happy you at least tried it. One less thing on a bucket list and such.

Anyway I am not going to try to cram Red server down your throat I am just hoping we can attract a few new people who will really enjoy the server and want to participate.

Nocsucow
11-10-2015, 11:13 AM
I miss blue.... but red is more blue than blue except there's no waiting in line and the few min zone/plug/fights just get my heart pumping everytime! !! but I will continue to raid blue when I can because of my pals

maskedmelon
11-10-2015, 11:13 AM
That's where I tend to differ from some others I don't think red or blue are better but I would like anyone who hasn't tried red to at least check it out. I was reluctant at first and uncomfortable rolling on a new server with such a low pop. Once I got here I loved it. In part because of the friends I have here and also because of the challenge it creates. If you play a monk try doing your normal routine pull when there is a potential for PVP. It adds this whole new sense of anticipation and to an extent nervousness. I can only speak from a monks viewpoint since I have never played a warrior or healer on Red but it changes the whole dynamic. I am just curious to see if anyone else is like me and finds a diamond in the rough in trying Red. Play where you have fun but at least give Red a shot it doesn't hurt or affect you in any way other than afterwards you can honestly say it wasn't for you.

Try to think about a food you were nervous to try at first but loved. Or something else like the first time you went rock climbing, scuba diving, or sky diving. Were you nervous or reluctant or just said you weren't going to enjoy it? Did you love it after you tried it or hate it? If you loved it I bet you still do it or would be willing to do it given the chance. If you hated it I bet you don't do it anymore but I am pretty sure you are happy you at least tried it. One less thing on a bucket list and such.

Anyway I am not going to try to cram Red server down your throat I am just hoping we can attract a few new people who will really enjoy the server and want to participate.

+1 ^^

maskedmelon
11-10-2015, 11:14 AM

^^

Monty405
11-10-2015, 11:16 AM
Try to think about a food you were nervous to try at first but loved.

Thread reminds me of trying to get my son to eat broccoli.

Swish
11-10-2015, 11:18 AM
what happened to your avatar?

Seltius
11-10-2015, 11:19 AM
The only thing empire roflstomps is tmo when they dont pay the loot they lease halls of testing for or what we call the *Cuck Bill*

Nobody who actually pvps begs blue players to consider red its empire/all the other weirdos who play red for uncontested camps or because they couldnt hack it on blue

Dont get me wrong i like free yellowtext on naive bluebies but fighting you guys is like kicking a retard in comparison its fun at first but eventually it gets boring

I think your wrong there. Empire doesn't need to beg blue players to try Red. They already have more than enough mouths to feed. TMO and others who want to see new people on Red are the ones who are posting these threads. I have no clue who you are but I am almost willing to bet your a bottom feeding troll. You know the ones.

Some of us would just like to see the population grow. We would like to see 2 opposing guilds whether it is Empire v TMO, Empire v Casual Scum, or even TMO v Casual Scum. The other guilds on the server have their own goals and I don't think competing with Empire or whoever is on top for raid content is part of it.

People throw around Bluebie like its a bad thing. I think the scorn each feels for the other is part of the problem. These servers and the way they are kind of segregated seem to intentionally breed competition and discourse.

/sarcasm on
/shrug but then what do I know I am just a bluebie pretending to be a pvper. Who is pretending I might actually be a factor one day.
/sarcasm off.

Seltius
11-10-2015, 11:25 AM
Thread reminds me of trying to get my son to eat broccoli.

Sorry I just saw this. So did he like it? I hated broccoli the first time I ever tried it now I love it raw, steamed, however it is prepared. My Kryptonite is liver I cannot get past the fact it is a filter and the taste kinda throws me off. Funny considering I eat sushi, and a whole lot of other odd foods that others might not like.

visage
11-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Red is cool because all that gear with resist.... Actually helps.... For instance a Crown of the Froglok kings on blue is not as highly loved as on Red. Gear actually means something. Not just for PVE , but for red... The change in dynamic is great. Especially if some ass clown is camping your fav mob... You roll in with guns blazing and bust his ass out. All that high end gear at the end of the day... You can flex use it on your enemy.

Thulack
11-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Red is cool because all that gear with resist.... Actually helps.... For instance a Crown of the Froglok kings on blue is not as highly loved as on Red. Gear actually means something. Not just for PVE , but for red... The change in dynamic is great. Especially if some ass clown is camping your fav mob... You roll in with guns blazing and bust his ass out. All that high end gear at the end of the day... You can flex use it on your enemy.

and to me this is a huge dick move. But this is the mindset of red which just makes me feel everyone on Red is a dick. Why would you kill someone camping something? i mean really? Red is where people with no respect for others go to play.

visage
11-10-2015, 12:24 PM
and to me this is a huge dick move. But this is the mindset of red which just makes me feel everyone on Red is a dick. Why would you kill someone camping something? i mean really? Red is where people with no respect for others go to play.

Well you could agree to take over camp when hes done??? I guess if you love sitting and waiting for camps you could... You would've loved the poopsocking days of the classic ERA , back when IB would sit for 3 days for Naggy. It was absolutely disgusting.

maskedmelon
11-10-2015, 12:28 PM

That's the thing that is difficult for a lot of blubes to grasp and was entirely foreign to me. Prior to learning the culture, I'd have agreed. It's all a matter of perception though ^^ If you identify as a victim, you'll be bothered by it. If you take it as part of the server/community and laugh it off or plot a counter strike, you are bound to have some fun ^^ It is a PVP server after all ^^

Of course you can't win all battles when competing against other human beings and that is something very difficult for many people to accept. If you want to be the uncontested king of your world, there are thousands of single player games that cater to that ^^.

Vrez ZVyx
11-10-2015, 12:31 PM
I played on a blue server on live till Kunark... my buddies and I went to pick up Kunark at the game store and the two guys behind the counters started talking about playing to Tallon Zek and how PvP was so much better. They made it sound so great that we all agreed to try it.
I don't remember much about the early days, though I do remember a specific few "gankers" who farmed noob areas. The funny thing is that a good player will eventually outlevel and outplay those scrubs. If you need to vastly outgear and outlevel your opponent to win, it probably says something about your level of skill tbh.

I cant add much to this, aside from saying that the mentality between the players is different.
If you just want to go through content and do it without added risk, you probably wouldn't understand pvp. But if you enjoy conquest, triumph, defending your camp, taking someone elses camp, escaping the perfect ambush, then pvp brings so much more guts and glory.

Seltius
11-10-2015, 12:35 PM
I also enjoy the banter and chatter after pvp. It isn't all the trolling and hate tells you see on the forums. It can be a lot of fun to talk to someone more experienced and ask them what you should have done differently. It adds an element that isn't found in video game AI the human element. Or talk about places and things in game and irl that you may not have or may never see. So it isn't the hate you see on the forums honestly I think the forums really hurt both servers with the way they come across to someone who hasn't experienced them.

Example: Killed by Tamtam and we chatted about surfing and where he lives which I have never been. Also about what I should have done as a melee against a druid outdoors. Sorry Tam I figured id use you as an example since I don't have the balance to surf but have always found it amazing.

Star
11-10-2015, 12:53 PM
^ this

Well at least I know how to identify Down syndrome on the forums now.

feanan
11-10-2015, 02:40 PM
dear blue people who get mad at these posts.

i used to be just like you! and than I realized, looking at the server pops nightly, that nobody new is going to red anyway, no matter how many times swish posts here.

Frankly, we should encourage people to take swish up on his offer, because it will lighten up blue a bit.

iruinedyourday
11-10-2015, 03:00 PM

This is a great thing to clear up.

There is not less competition, there is competition.

Do you want to camp something?

You compete for it, you fight for it.

You want to raid something? You fight for it.

You fight for everything on red.

On blue you dont fight for anything. You wait. You wait for your turn, you wait for your random button press once a week to get agro first. you wait for the petition to side in your favor.

You wait.

You compete on red.

You wait on blue.

Star
11-10-2015, 03:09 PM
I turned on a blue stream one night and it was 30 guys waiting around for a dragon to spawn in wtov that red doesn't even bother to kill.

Ravager
11-10-2015, 03:10 PM

On blue you dont fight for anything. You wait. You wait for your turn, you wait for your random button press once a week to get agro first. you wait for the petition to side in your favor.

You wait.

You compete on red.

You wait on blue.

People who wait to eat are less obese than those who don't. People who wait to spend their money are more affluent than those who don't. People who wait to climax are better lovers than those who don't.

Waiting's alright.

maskedmelon
11-10-2015, 03:15 PM
People who wait to eat are less obese than those who don't. People who wait to spend their money are more affluent than those who don't. People who wait to climax are better lovers than those who don't.

Waiting's alright.

Excellent! So what are the rewards of waiting on Blue?

iruinedyourday
11-10-2015, 03:19 PM

it certainly isnt being a better lover kek

Ravager
11-10-2015, 03:20 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_gratification

Monty405
11-10-2015, 03:22 PM
I wish banned characters were transferred to red from blue and vice versa.

feanan
11-10-2015, 04:18 PM
But isn't like 80% of the nightly red population in one guild?

You wait.

You compete on red.

You wait on blue.

Seltius
11-10-2015, 04:28 PM
But isn't like 80% of the nightly red population in one guild?

Not really I don't believe people realize how many members Thunderdome actually has. Also I am sure there are Empire that only log in on their raid nights.

captnamazing
11-10-2015, 04:31 PM
nah, red server actually feels like a living & dynamic world. blue's singleplayer tunnelquest on a grind for nothing.

lol

i hang out with my friends then i log off. almost never solo. i never go to tunnelquest. you just suck at blue

maskedmelon
11-10-2015, 04:32 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_gratification

That is why I asked what the benefit if waiting on blue is ^^ Thmart people do the other things you listed because they understand the greater payoff from waiting. The thing about EQ is the more time you spend waiting in game, the more time you sacrifice in the real world. AND the reward remains the same :/ You don't get an extra cookie for waiting in line on blue ^^

maskedmelon
11-10-2015, 04:34 PM
lol

i hang out with my friends then i log off.

Hah! Let's be real CA, we all know you don't have those! ^^. *hugs*

maskedmelon
11-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Not really I don't believe people realize how many members Thunderdome actually has. Also I am sure there are Empire that only log in on their raid nights.

Yeah and there are plenty of smaller guilds too. Empire only represents maybe 1/4 of the server. Still a big %, I know, but not nearly 80 ^^

Xaanka
11-10-2015, 04:58 PM
lol

i hang out with my friends then i log off. almost never solo. i never go to tunnelquest. you just suck at blue

congratulations for being the exception to the rule. /who east commonlands and you'll find my point is proven.

Ravager
11-10-2015, 05:08 PM
That is why I asked what the benefit if waiting on blue is ^^ Thmart people do the other things you listed because they understand the greater payoff from waiting. The thing about EQ is the more time you spend waiting in game, the more time you sacrifice in the real world. AND the reward remains the same :/ You don't get an extra cookie for waiting in line on blue ^^

I guess you skimmed over the parts about will power and self retraint carrying over to other areas in your life and having positive effects on the whole.

It's okay, short-sighted gotta-have-it-now types often have trouble looking at the big picture.

But if you want an obvious and tangible payoff in addition to go with waiting for that cookie, you just might make a friend by waiting your turn instead of stabbing him in the back and taking his cookie.

Damn
11-10-2015, 05:11 PM
I think your wrong there. Empire doesn't need to beg blue players to try Red. They already have more than enough mouths to feed. TMO and others who want to see new people on Red are the ones who are posting these threads. I have no clue who you are but I am almost willing to bet your a bottom feeding troll. You know the ones.

Some of us would just like to see the population grow. We would like to see 2 opposing guilds whether it is Empire v TMO, Empire v Casual Scum, or even TMO v Casual Scum. The other guilds on the server have their own goals and I don't think competing with Empire or whoever is on top for raid content is part of it.

People throw around Bluebie like its a bad thing. I think the scorn each feels for the other is part of the problem. These servers and the way they are kind of segregated seem to intentionally breed competition and discourse.

/sarcasm on
/shrug but then what do I know I am just a bluebie pretending to be a pvper. Who is pretending I might actually be a factor one day.
/sarcasm off.

That's admirable that you want the population to grow but the way its gone about is wrong you dont want blue players on a red server it feeds the machine of empire and tmo get the scraps of the leftover players

yes bluebie is a bad thing you're on a red server with a seperate culture and being called blue is an insult no matter how much you try to spin it otherwise

Signed a friends member

Seltius
11-10-2015, 05:18 PM
I guess you skimmed over the parts about will power and self retraint carrying over to other areas in your life and having positive effects on the whole.

It's okay, short-sighted gotta-have-it-now types often have trouble looking at the big picture.

But if you want an obvious and tangible payoff in addition to go with waiting for that cookie, you just might make a friend by waiting your turn instead of stabbing him in the back and taking his cookie.

See that's where your wrong. I have not and never would stab a friend in a back for anything much less pixels. I know it happens on Red but when it comes down to it your friends are all you should be able to count on having your back during PVP you don't survive long by stabbing them in the back on a pvp server.

If it is or has happened to you then maybe you should reevaluate how you choose or who you consider friends. I have made friends outside of TMO on Red and If they asked I would and have helped them with things. And I have asked them for help and they have helped me. Its the same as any other game or server once you get past the PVP aspect.

Something else to keep in mind. PVP deaths don't cost XP where as that train you 'accidently' get hit with when you piss someone off on Blue does. And you waste a heck of a lot more time petitioning and reporting someone on Blue than you do killing them or getting friends to help you kill them if they steal your camp or do something else underhanded.

At this point I am not trying to convince you to try Red I am just attempting to correct any misconceptions. I want you to be well informed when you troll.

*Edit-Just saw your post above. I don't worry about guild tags. I have no problem with most Friends members. I enjoy pvping against them. I think there are some players on Blue that would make decent players on Red. Its just finding that 1 player out of 100 or so that wants to get in there and learn it and do something or maybe someone who is bored with the same thing.

Ravager
11-10-2015, 05:21 PM
I want you to be well informed when you troll.

Why?

QFuzzle
11-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Dudes, there's nothing "wrong" with either side of the spectrum here.

People can find fun in playing on either server, whether it be exclusively one or switching between the two freely. I have characters on both red and blue.

I find this bashing and belittling of the "other side" to be annoying. Both sides can come up with a thousand analogies as to why it's better to stick to their own server and why the other server is inferior or "worse". To highlight dumb stuff like "On blue you wait, but on red you compete" is total crap. There's waiting and competing on both servers, just to different levels and degrees. Yes, of course the population on red is lower and top heavy, and yes of course you have to wait around and can't kill your opponent freely on blue, but it's silly to sit around and nit-pick at each other in defense of why your server is "better". It doesn't have to be black and white. What's so difficult about appreciating both sides of the spectrum for what they are instead of going out of your way to make others feel bad who enjoy a gameplay style different from yours?

Personally, I've spent a LOT of time on both PvE and PvP oriented games. They both have their pros and cons. It doesn't make either one superior or inferior to each other (some may disagree). It boils down to a matter of the mindset of the player and how each person wants to spend their time (a resource we can't get back). Everybody, and I mean everybody, has a different gaming experience. Transposing your own on top of somebody else's and saying they're wrong to think/feel differently is narrow minded, to say the least.

This back and forth antagonizing, belittlement, passive aggression, and inferior/superior crap is toxic and pointless. I know some people get their rocks off doing this sort of crap, though, so whatever. People need something to argue about (guess that's one reason why the RnF section exist). I kick the dust off my feet at them.

Wiley
11-10-2015, 06:26 PM
at 60, where the game starts.

Completely disagree, 1-59 is the journey and the fun part. Once you hit 60 the game is over and it's time to reroll.

Raev
11-10-2015, 06:35 PM

superb forumquesting sir

Swish
11-10-2015, 07:50 PM
This is an A Grade thread.

maerilith
11-10-2015, 07:53 PM
I wish my morpheous try red thread from 2010 wasn't dead, and stuck way down locked in the general forums somewhere,

those were good times

free your minds

I even think a lot of the people who spam hate at me on the red pvp forums are all people who came over from those posts and now hate eternally because they took a bite of the forbidden red apple that is r99

Expediency
11-10-2015, 10:28 PM
Whoever came up with the idea to make TMO pay tribute to enter HoT is a real champion of everquest. If thats not true, it should be.

Blue might be lawyerquest but at least there is some law. On red to survive you have to become a tributary state.

Swish
11-11-2015, 06:17 AM
I wish my morpheous try red thread from 2010 wasn't dead, and stuck way down locked in the general forums somewhere,

those were good times

free your minds

I even think a lot of the people who spam hate at me on the red pvp forums are all people who came over from those posts and now hate eternally because they took a bite of the forbidden red apple that is r99

I too have referenced the red pill/blue pill...probably without realizing the original :p

It really does feel great logging into red. Even if you're having a bad day and are stuck in a remote zone with little to do, you can let it all out in OOC to those who are keen to listen and give good life tips.

Bruno
11-11-2015, 07:33 AM
Whoever came up with the idea to make TMO pay tribute to enter HoT is a real champion of everquest. If thats not true, it should be.

Blue might be lawyerquest but at least there is some law. On red to survive you have to become a tributary state.

This made me chuckle :).

Swish
11-11-2015, 10:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rSw8uaj.jpg

Seltius
11-11-2015, 10:13 AM
Dudes, there's nothing "wrong" with either side of the spectrum here.

People can find fun in playing on either server, whether it be exclusively one or switching between the two freely. I have characters on both red and blue.

I find this bashing and belittling of the "other side" to be annoying. Both sides can come up with a thousand analogies as to why it's better to stick to their own server and why the other server is inferior or "worse". To highlight dumb stuff like "On blue you wait, but on red you compete" is total crap. There's waiting and competing on both servers, just to different levels and degrees. Yes, of course the population on red is lower and top heavy, and yes of course you have to wait around and can't kill your opponent freely on blue, but it's silly to sit around and nit-pick at each other in defense of why your server is "better". It doesn't have to be black and white. What's so difficult about appreciating both sides of the spectrum for what they are instead of going out of your way to make others feel bad who enjoy a gameplay style different from yours?

Personally, I've spent a LOT of time on both PvE and PvP oriented games. They both have their pros and cons. It doesn't make either one superior or inferior to each other (some may disagree). It boils down to a matter of the mindset of the player and how each person wants to spend their time (a resource we can't get back). Everybody, and I mean everybody, has a different gaming experience. Transposing your own on top of somebody else's and saying they're wrong to think/feel differently is narrow minded, to say the least.

This back and forth antagonizing, belittlement, passive aggression, and inferior/superior crap is toxic and pointless. I know some people get their rocks off doing this sort of crap, though, so whatever. People need something to argue about (guess that's one reason why the RnF section exist). I kick the dust off my feet at them.

Thank you.

AxerJ
11-13-2015, 06:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rSw8uaj.jpg

Satisfying laughter