PDA

View Full Version : Iksars, pure evil? Who do iksars hate the most?

onarrot4000
11-11-2015, 04:40 PM
Hey yall, been getting back into p99, (red specifically) and I've got a random few questions about iksars.

So, they are hated by every race. Are iksars just pure evil? As a race , like. Do they cannabilize any living creature the see? Why are they hated so much.

But my main question is , who do , if any, do the iksars hate the most? Or do they just equally hate everyone the same?

Haha , random. But I'd like to know. Since iksar is my favorite race to play! Thanks!

titanshub
11-11-2015, 04:43 PM
They hate us cause we have amazing high tech, next gen tail animations and a sunny jungle complexion.

onarrot4000
11-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Hahaha. My shammy is "Bloodrain Strawberries" , and I'll tell you what, no one beats my emerald-green sunny-jungle-complexion. I spent waaaayyy tooo much time sun-tanning in the FoB.

Don't tell anyone , but deep, deep in the basement of Kurn's Tower, there are tanning beds. Shhhh

Pyrocat
11-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Pretty sure they're KOS to all races, but might get a "hey we follow the same religion" bump for certain cities if you're trying to faction up.

Lore wise, Iksar probably hate Dragons the most. They're more or less equally hostile to all races from not-Kunark.

myriverse
11-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Frogs! Slice 'em up and eats.

But really, I think it's the Shissar they hate the most. Freaking snakes.

iruinedyourday
11-11-2015, 06:53 PM
becuse this disgusting creature that hangs out under rocks that we just discovered while spreading tunare's gods work accross the globe think they deserve to occupy this glorious island and dont realise they are the same as the scorpids and cacti that demand voting rights and will get NOTHING.

Pyrocat
11-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Oh yeah totally forgot about Shissar. Kinda sad we'll never see them in-game :( Ssra temple was one of the better parts of Luclin.

titanshub
11-11-2015, 06:57 PM
becuse this disgusting creature that hangs out under rocks that we just discovered while spreading tunare's gods work accross the globe think they deserve to occupy this glorious island and dont realise they are the same as the scorpids and cacti that demand voting rights and will get NOTHING.

Translated this says: I don't have a tail and I'm mad about it.

captnamazing
11-11-2015, 07:37 PM
magic or luck

Swish
11-11-2015, 07:54 PM
The iksar are the master race, every other race suffers from tail envy... that's about it.

Muggens
11-11-2015, 08:00 PM
Iksar was my main back in the days, they sure are a great people those guys. I've read tons of lore on the Iksar, I can tell you my friend there ain't nothing wrong with those fellas, they're as hardworking, adventurous and fun-lovin as some and even more than others! As a matter of fact they are a downtrodden people and been treated horrendously unfair up through the times and they are infact just now getting their strength back. Hopefully one day they'll become equal or even greater in power and culture as they were, just keep em tails dry and ear's peeled for d.r.a.g.o.n.s.

titanshub
11-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Iksar was my main back in the days, they sure are a great people those guys. I've read tons of lore on the Iksar, I can tell you my friend there ain't nothing wrong with those fellas, they're as hardworking, adventurous and fun-lovin as some and even more than others! As a matter of fact they are a downtrodden people and been treated horrendously unfair up through the times and they are infact just now getting their strength back. Hopefully one day they'll become equal or even greater in power and culture as they were, just keep em tails dry and ear's peeled for d.r.a.g.o.n.s.

Drug Riddled Ancient Giants ON Steroid's?

onarrot4000
11-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Drug Riddled Ancient Giants ON Steroid's?

God those sound OP AF

fiveeauxfour
11-12-2015, 01:37 AM
Pretty sure they're KOS to all races, but might get a "hey we follow the same religion" bump for certain cities if you're trying to faction up.

Lore wise, Iksar probably hate Dragons the most. They're more or less equally hostile to all races from not-Kunark.

is it just ring of scale faction dragons or do they probably hate cov as well? I suppose everyone starts off kos to cov, but i dont think cov hate is personal like ring of scale hate is for iksars

Troxx
11-12-2015, 04:55 AM
I'd guess hobbits?

Picture yourself as a person who believes theirs is the master race and all others are inferior. Which of those other races ranks least? Being physically small probably would make the runty races an obvious answer for the races a "master race" might prejudge the most.

Of the small races:

-dwarves are stout, strong, brash, and stubborn - they might get a plus for this. Though not covered in scales and short of stature, they're hard as mountain stone. Admirable qualities from the perspective of the master race? Perhaps

-gnomes are clever, witty, make neat machines, have a penchant for mischief or straight up evil. They're the smallest, but have traits a master race might admire.

-hobbits? They're short. They're jolly. They have furry feat. They're fat. They're farmers. From the perspective of a master race, they've got nothing admirable - and virtually nothing in common with iksars.

So who do they hate the most? I'd guess hobbits.

Muggens
11-12-2015, 09:45 AM
No man, the iksar hate the Shissar and the Ring of scale more than anything, also Id say they should not dabble with necromancy, it only leads to dismay and devastation for iksars. I know some iksar who have met hobbits and dwarves and they go along like peas and carrots, gnomes not so well, because who likes gnomes? They are just a bunch of weak beardless dwarfmalingerers.

titanshub
11-12-2015, 09:59 AM
No man, the iksar hate the Shissar and the Ring of scale more than anything, also Id say they should not dabble with necromancy, it only leads to dismay and devastation for iksars. I know some iksar who have met hobbits and dwarves and they go along like peas and carrots, gnomes not so well, because who likes gnomes? They are just a bunch of weak beardless dwarfmalingerers.

Agreed, gnomes are stringy and are generally to salty for my taste.

Sage Truthbearer
11-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Hey yall, been getting back into p99, (red specifically) and I've got a random few questions about iksars.

So, they are hated by every race. Are iksars just pure evil? As a race , like. Do they cannabilize any living creature the see? Why are they hated so much.

But my main question is , who do , if any, do the iksars hate the most? Or do they just equally hate everyone the same?

Haha , random. But I'd like to know. Since iksar is my favorite race to play! Thanks!

The Iksar have a big long history that includes being enslaved by the Shissar, but I would say Trakanon.

Trak single-handedly destroyed the entire Iksar empire when it was at its peak and they never recovered from it.

Seltius
11-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Iksar hate everyone but they hate Dwarves the most. Ever tried to eat a dwarf entirely too stringy. Not like Halfling. Dwarves are just inedible.

fadetree
11-12-2015, 03:32 PM
I'd guess hobbits?

Nah, they taste great.

Manticmuse
11-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Sarnaks

onarrot4000
11-13-2015, 07:14 AM
My question is more about which "playable" race , if any, do the iksars hate the most ?

Since they're "evil", would they just innately hate "good" races more?

Or, since even "neutrals" hate them (super-evil muahahaha), do they just hate everyone equaly?

Or, maybe they hate races like ogres and trolls more, since they are big , scary mofos; like, hate them more because they'll give em a "run for the money" type of way?

onarrot4000
11-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Or, are lizardmen simply justl the master race, viewing all others as mere inferiors?

Muggens
11-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Well, they dont really have anything to do with dwarves and halflings I far as I can tell, those iksar who hang with those guys are player-characters making their own decisions.
Perhaps human/elves, as with the combined outposts of old, and new encampments on Kunark. Either way, I dont think iksar hate anyone unanimously, they are a intelligent race, who says they cannot have "good" relationships

onarrot4000
11-13-2015, 08:06 AM
Yea , true my friend. What I'm thinking as well, is that iksars hate others probably because EVERYONE hates them? I mean, who WOULDNT be bitter over that reason alone? Haha

myriverse
11-13-2015, 08:07 AM
As races, they're all pretty equal.

I don't think it has anything to do with others hating them. It's just a natural extension of their xenophobia.

And nah, just because someone hates you isn't good reason to hate them.

Muggens
11-13-2015, 08:32 AM
I just view faction as a racist meter. Its like real life, there's alot of scowling going on these days...

DarthMartigan
11-13-2015, 09:07 AM
I leveled up a monk in crushbone for a long time, then spent forever getting my faction up to run through freeport (before going to HHK and ruining that forever). Killing in Crushbone got me nonKoS to dwarves before elves.

myriverse
11-13-2015, 09:15 AM
Killing in Crushbone got me nonKoS to dwarves before elves.
Yeah, that means dwarves don't hate as much as elves, but says nothing of Iksar feelings. Do any races have an easier time being accepted in Cab?

Swish
11-13-2015, 09:39 AM
Stick an iksar illusion on an enchanter, rogue or bard and you can bank/roam freely if you're agnostic, not sure about filthy Tunare worshippers etc.

Overall though otherwise you'd somehow hope the other evil races have a shorter faction grind. Best to get farming bone chips either way :p

jolanar
11-13-2015, 10:58 AM
My question is more about which "playable" race , if any, do the iksars hate the most ?

Since they're "evil", would they just innately hate "good" races more?

Or, since even "neutrals" hate them (super-evil muahahaha), do they just hate everyone equaly?

Or, maybe they hate races like ogres and trolls more, since they are big , scary mofos; like, hate them more because they'll give em a "run for the money" type of way?

FWIW, Iksar start as dubious to Freeport and Qeynos sewers (Innoruuk and Bertoxx worshippers). They don't start out as dubious anywhere else on antonica although some are just threatening.

They also start out as dubious to the Coldain, but everyone does.