PDA

View Full Version : Thing to do in Kunark around level 30

rayeatts
11-13-2015, 04:52 PM
I've got my 27 ogre warrior bound in the overthere and I wanted to check out some of the dungeons and/or good camp spots for lower level characters in kunark. I just got burnt out of mistmoore.

Are there any dungeons in my range on the continent? I know I'm out of range for kurn's because I've been there on my iksar before. My iksar is a necromancer and is 27 as well right now.

For my iksar necro I'm looking for sweet camp spots similiar to the gargoyles I was killing in OOT and the sisters island where I leveled for a brief period.

For my ogre warrior I'm looking for the best place to find consistant groups on the continent. Whether it's a dungeon or something else.

Anyone have any advice?

Pyrocat
11-13-2015, 05:00 PM
You're in a tough spot. 27 is just above "good exp" in Warsliks Woods and just below "can easily kill blues" in Frontier Mountains. Try the Overthere, you can level from 20-40 in that zone and it's usually very populated. Sarnak Fort in LOIO might be good for grouping but that zone has the worst ZEM modifier in the game.

Dalnir is a great dungeon but you should bring your own group, as it's hard to solo (caster mobs) and it's not popular enough to sit around LFG. Later on you should give Kaesora and Droga a shot too, good exp, good loot, and fun to dungeon crawl. Just gotta find some friends willing to take the path less traveled.

thufir
11-13-2015, 05:01 PM
You are within range of Dalnir, but that is mostly a BYOG dungeon. You won't find groups consistently there, unfortunately, although occasionally you'll find a few people to join.

More commonly, people are hunting giants in Warsliks next door. Those still might be halfway decent xp to you, but they may also be greening out.

Sarnak fort in LOIO is in the high 20s but not sure if people are really grouping there.

I normally spend the late 20s in places like sola, uguk, and highkeep, fwiw. Kunark dungeons don't really kick in until the mid-30s (Kaesora, Droga, Nurga, CoM).

Pyrocat's suggestion of the OT is reasonable; you'll at least get groups consistently even if the mobs are pretty tough for you.

ealeth
11-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Many giants at WW fort (evergreens) should be good exp up to 30, those are 24-27. Brutes near Dalnir zone in can get you to 32, maybe 34, then go back to OT , can stay there up to high 30 - low 40

Troxx
11-13-2015, 06:11 PM
I would encourage OT in your 30s if only to get do while doing faction for OT gate hammer. I did this with my shaman; really helps with mobility.

Lojik
11-13-2015, 06:29 PM
LOIO should be good, the wiki lists the ZEM from live (values haven't been released here) and I've never noticed any slowdown. FV could be good too (pirates) if you have good gear.

Myfather
11-13-2015, 07:19 PM
Love dal!

Swish
11-13-2015, 07:24 PM
All the Velious hype, nobody is really leveling there I take it?

Tower of Frozen Shadow might be worth considering.

thufir
11-13-2015, 08:17 PM

If you're looking for places to get groups, ToFS is a bad idea. Strictly a BYOG zone. It is out of the range of a level 27 character anyway.

CC might be better. But Velious ZEMs are notoriously bad compared to the Old World and Kunark dungeons.

Pyrocat
11-14-2015, 06:11 AM

"Thing to do in Kunark around level 30"

Swish
11-14-2015, 06:21 AM
"Thing to do in Kunark around level 30"

The point was that we waited years for Velious, everyone cried and said "how much longer??? omg" then its released and people basically just raid there rather than level.

Sorry you didn't pick up on that.

Bruno
11-14-2015, 09:31 AM
The point was that we waited years for Velious, everyone cried and said "how much longer??? omg" then its released and people basically just raid there rather than level.

Sorry you didn't pick up on that.

This guy is level 27 and isn't crying about anything. He's just asking what Kunark dungeons he can check out. I know it's difficult, but try to keep up. Also, he probably wants advice from people that actually play the game and not just forumquest.

Swish
11-14-2015, 11:38 AM
Apparently I'm not capable of reading a thread title, all threads must be strictly kept on topic or derailed into an rnf thread. Bless this community.

Broaden your horizons, there's a whole expansion to check out folks.

Freakish
11-14-2015, 12:20 PM
Crystal Caverns is awesome. It's very easy to train yourself so if you see a bunch of aggro messages and you don't know where it's coming from you probably got aggro on a different floor and a whole mess of mobs are coming for you. Don't wait, book it.

Sorn
11-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Around the windmill in LOIO has always been good soloing for me. There are various skeletons and big cats to beat up. At 27 you can also group at the sarnak fortress. Also in zone is the sarnak courier, which drops the goblin gazughi ring (sells for several thousand pp), but that one might be hard for you to actively camp because of the rate of PH spawns and your level. You can always kill any roaming couriers and hope the ring drops, though.

Dungeon-wise, Dalnir is a lot of fun but you definitely have to go outside the zone to find people to fill up a group. Kaesora is a hidden gem for level 30+. The spiders drop truesilver armor and a nice clr/shm shield, plus there's a variety of weapons one can get from deeper in. Like Dalnir, you have to go outside the zone to fill a group. Kurns is practically next door, too. You can get a bind at the entrance of Kaesora, which is extra convenient.

Malik_Gynax
11-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Apparently I'm not capable of reading a thread title, all threads must be strictly kept on topic or derailed into an rnf thread. Bless this community.

Broaden your horizons, there's a whole expansion to check out folks.

I just think this is a really funny comment given that we play on a server where we limit ourselves to 2 out of what? 21 total Everquest expansions?

Swish
11-14-2015, 11:05 PM
When there's only vanilla, Kunark and Velious... why limit yourself to 2 out of 3? The road to 60 isn't meant to be quick, everyone should be checking out the snowy continent after all the time spent asking for Velious over the last few years :)

Hope the OP considers it at least <3

Sadad
11-15-2015, 02:29 AM
Raiders were asking for Velious, not level 27 warriors.

Troxx
11-15-2015, 05:05 AM

Swish
11-15-2015, 06:05 AM

...and tradeskillers, and everyone wanted to revisit places like ToFS and get to tunnelquest some Velious loot. But lets not let any of that cloud your statement.

Stop RNF'ing outside RNF.

Mead
11-15-2015, 07:50 AM
...and tradeskillers, and everyone wanted to revisit places like ToFS and get to tunnelquest some Velious loot. But lets not let any of that cloud your statement.

Stop RNF'ing outside RNF.

6 people in this thread correcting you and you still have your head so far up your ass you can't accept the fact that you are wrong. You are the one arguing with people, because well, you can't help yourself. Chalk it up to being British and retarded.

Swish
11-15-2015, 07:58 AM
6 people in this thread correcting you and you still have your head so far up your ass you can't accept the fact that you are wrong. You are the one arguing with people, because well, you can't help yourself. Chalk it up to being British and retarded.

I hope warnings are being issued and we can turn this thread away from all the trolls that are firing shots needlessly...I seem to be a magnet for them :o

Try Velious, you ordered it, you got it :)

fastboy21
11-15-2015, 09:34 AM
I hope warnings are being issued and we can turn this thread away from all the trolls that are firing shots needlessly...I seem to be a magnet for them :o

Try Velious, you ordered it, you got it :)

I love you Swish. You're always a cool cat on the forums and in game (see what I did there?).

You correctly point out that you are a magnet for trolls...why do you think that is??? (Stop feeding them and they disappear faster than a RMT trader on patch day!)

rayeatts
11-15-2015, 05:21 PM
thanks for the replies. For me in particular, the entire game is all new content except for a few of the most popular zones. My only other experience with everquest before I found out about p99 2 months ago was from back in 2000-2001 where I think I played for around 3 months and had one character up to around level 25.

So, for me, most of this game is new still. It's really exciting to know there is so much content I have yet to discover, that so many people love.

I haven't been to velious yet so I welcome any suggestions about what to do there. I just don't know anything about it other than there is a dock in north ro to get there.

The reason I asked about kunark was because I had just got a port and a bind there but to be honest I ended up leaving because of the insanely high ZEM in dungeons like MM. Yes, that mistmoore that I mentioned in the original post that I was tired of.

I ended up spending levels 27 through 30 there last night in a marathon session.

I wish those ZEM's weren't there at all. Really doesn't add much to the game to have incentives for everyone to pile into the same place every night.

rayeatts
11-15-2015, 05:23 PM
thanks for the replies. For me in particular, the entire game is all new content except for a few of the most popular zones. My only other experience with everquest before I found out about p99 2 months ago was from back in 2000-2001 where I think I played for around 3 months and had one character up to around level 25.

So, for me, most of this game is new still. It's really exciting to know there is so much content I have yet to discover, that so many people love.

I haven't been to velious yet so I welcome any suggestions about what to do there. I just don't know anything about it other than there is a dock in north ro to get there.

The reason I asked about kunark was because I had just got a port and a bind there but to be honest I ended up leaving because of the insanely high ZEM in dungeons like MM. Yes, that mistmoore that I mentioned in the original post that I was tired of.

I ended up spending levels 27 through 30 there last night in a marathon session.

I wish those ZEM's weren't there at all. Really doesn't add much to the game to have incentives for everyone to pile into the same place every night.

I'm not complaining though. You guys are awesome. Keep it up. P99 is the coolest thing I've ever heard of. Power to the people.

Swish
11-15-2015, 05:30 PM
+1 to the OP for keeping an open mind and enjoying the leveling experience <3

Eastwood
11-15-2015, 10:00 PM
The OP's response to all of this controversy was pretty spot on. He has a great point all around.

thufir
11-16-2015, 02:29 PM
You're still a little low for Velious, anyway. You have to be 35+ to enjoy it properly imo. From there you can go to Crystal Caverns and the Tower of Frozen Shadow - the XP is still pretty reasonable in those places and there are some good drops. Hard to find pugs, though, at least in ToFS.

It's a combination of ZEM and familiarity. Mistmoore becomes the place to go because everyone goes there, basically. It's a closed loop. There are other dungeons in that level bracket with high ZEMs (Upper Guk, Solusek's Eye) that are less populated, but are less favored for some reason or another.

drktmplr12
11-18-2015, 06:31 PM
I know you said Kunark. HHK guards are the most amazing xp imaginable.

Pringles
11-18-2015, 09:42 PM
kill undead skeletons in FoB cave until ~34 or so, then get your ass to kaesora ASAP, build a group, whatever it takes - best exp / ZEM for the level by far.

rayeatts
11-19-2015, 04:29 PM
kill undead skeletons in FoB cave until ~34 or so, then get your ass to kaesora ASAP, build a group, whatever it takes - best exp / ZEM for the level by far.

I'm gonna look into kaesora. I was also unaware of that FoB skele camp you're referring to. Undeads usually work well for me. I just got my new undead fear spell at 29 too. I forgot the name, but it's like 7 or 9 ticks instead of 3. I just got dismiss undead too.

I've been waiting for a reason to return to the field of bone. It's probably my favorite starting zone in the game.