PDA

View Full Version : Mobs running through corners...

Jsin
11-20-2015, 11:08 AM
So I've noticed mobs doing this in way to many zones for me even to begin to list. They will cut through the corners of walls as they chase you, and if there is an area above them they will typical pop up there bring the whole zone with them as they path back to you. A few zones I've noticed this in tho are Splitpaw, Velks, Mistmoore, and Unrest. Not sure if many are aware of this but patching definitely seems more buggy then it use to be for some reason.

cdawgz28
11-22-2015, 12:46 AM
East Freeport mobs cruised right through the wall by zoneline

Culkasi
11-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Also happened in Dalnir

Ayrtonian
11-22-2015, 03:55 PM
Include solA, lguk and uguk in this.

Been buggered since velious and nothing appears to be done about it...

Gaunja
11-24-2015, 01:47 PM
Lguk in the batroom at entrance to spider tunnel. That corner there has warped mobs several times.

Speedi
11-25-2015, 03:12 AM
Lower Guk AM/Lord area mobs run through walls there as well. Really frustrating when you got a charmed pet and its dropping through floors and running through walls aggro'n tons of stuff

Bones
11-26-2015, 10:11 PM
yup lower guk has it bad in some spots.. the little hallway at frenzy will warp your mob halfway across the zone bringing huge trains

guirssane
11-26-2015, 11:02 PM
Noticed that as well.

Clockw0rk
11-26-2015, 11:11 PM
all these zones listed and Sebilis has been left out, odd!

Speedi
11-28-2015, 04:29 PM
really frustrating, I had Arch Mage run off through a wall this morning when I broke my charm. Never found the corpse :(

Gaunja
11-30-2015, 08:36 AM
I've been avoiding this by dungeon crawling in lieu of long pulling. Also any pulls I do around corners I back up slowly in the middle of the hall / pathing to do my best to ensure no warps

Tiax
12-04-2015, 07:33 PM
lGuk is practically unplayable at this point for players of suitable level. The only way to guarantee mobs will make it back to camp is to face pull them, but thats not viable in a zone full of mobs that root and nuke you. If you don't face pull them they disappear into the wall and return a bit later with a couple of friends if you're lucky... if you're unlucky they come with half the zone.

Gaunja
12-08-2015, 10:21 AM
For LGuk here is what i've been doing. Unfortunately you have to crawl with your group

30-35ish = Bedroom
Break in to room (3 spawns).
Aggro x2 frogs on left for next pull
Aggro x1 frog on the right for next pull
Pacify pull (or root CC or whatever) the rest of the bat room.
Move into batroom, pull the two first spiders to the right
Move into the spider tunnels and have group wait outside the x4 spider room
Pacify/root/mez pull that room and clear it, med up in room
Pull the x2 bats in the next room
Move group up and root pull the x2 spiders around the next corner
Move up toward gargoyles, and pull the x3 gargoyles
Run back to bedroom. Rinse and repeat.

If your group can kill more faster, great. Do more, but I found this extremely effective, even almost up to level 40 with a full group. It's more exciting and keeps your group more alert with the crawl.

Speedi
02-23-2016, 12:02 AM
Mobs still warping through walls, coming back with trains killing people. This is still a major problem, needs fixed!!

nilbog
02-23-2016, 10:12 PM
I'd like to get this fixed.

Does it happen every time in certain areas/able to be reproduced?

A way to reproduce the issue and/or fraps/locs/pics would help.

sclager1999
02-23-2016, 11:13 PM
also noticed while in KC, was in a basement group yesterday ,pulling first mob from turnkey cells causes aggro from the above level, happened evertime, would get 2-3 adds through floor via LCY camped I think.

Baa
02-24-2016, 11:17 PM
A couple of really common spots I find where this happens fairly often:

Sebilis Disco:
http://i.imgur.com/cgsbcIs.jpg
Pets/mobs being pulled through this corner have a chance of falling through the floor. Can be avoided by walking mobs through the door - however all you need is one add while pulling for fun times to start.

Sebilis Crypt/Emp:
http://i.imgur.com/KNCQvV7.jpg
Pets/mobs being pulled through this corner have a chance of falling through the floor.

I cannot comment on other zones but I know this did start the patch last year. I had spent a significant amount of time in Seb before and after and noticed it almost straight away.

Man0warr
02-25-2016, 11:21 AM
I'd like to get this fixed.

Does it happen every time in certain areas/able to be reproduced?

A way to reproduce the issue and/or fraps/locs/pics would help.

It happens in literally every zone. Just pull a mob, run tight around a corner and watch the mob go straight through it. In zones with multiple levels, the mob has a chance to fall through the world when running through corners which in zones like Sebilis can cause massive trains from Fungi/Crypt areas.

Speedi
02-25-2016, 12:02 PM
It happens in literally every zone. Just pull a mob, run tight around a corner and watch the mob go straight through it. In zones with multiple levels, the mob has a chance to fall through the world when running through corners which in zones like Sebilis can cause massive trains from Fungi/Crypt areas.

This is correct from what I have saw. It's not a zone issue. It's something to do with the way NPC's behave. Instead of taking a path when aggro'd they just break all world rules and walk through walls, and yes sometimes even fall through the world.

Eld'n'Ell
03-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Are people generally thinking.... this pathing issue will not get fixed?

Me and my partner just dealt with this crazy stuff in unrest. For 15 levels.
Now we just dipped our toes into LowerGuk last night.
Seems likes it a major issue effecting too many places.

Speedi
03-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Are people generally thinking.... this pathing issue will not get fixed?

Me and my partner just dealt with this crazy stuff in unrest. For 15 levels.
Now we just dipped our toes into LowerGuk last night.
Seems likes it a major issue effecting too many places.

I have faith in Nilbog. This *will* be fixed I have no doubt. The soonest will be next patch though. So you are prob looking at a month at least.

valaka
03-05-2016, 02:01 PM
lGuk is practically unplayable at this point for players of suitable level. The only way to guarantee mobs will make it back to camp is to face pull them, but thats not viable in a zone full of mobs that root and nuke you. If you don't face pull them they disappear into the wall and return a bit later with a couple of friends if you're lucky... if you're unlucky they come with half the zone.

Dealt with the same problem in lguk. Eventually just said the hell with it and went to solb.

LostCause
03-06-2016, 06:05 AM
really frustrating, I had Arch Mage run off through a wall this morning when I broke my charm. Never found the corpse :(

next time /target /loot gg

screw you wall.

nilbog
03-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Haynar has a fix ready for the next patch.

Eld'n'Ell
03-07-2016, 03:27 AM
Haynar has a fix ready for the next patch.

Very cool. Ty.

LostCause
03-07-2016, 08:49 AM
even my pets go through walls and aggro more mobs too..

instead of using normal pathing.

Andragore
04-28-2016, 09:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there are still some pathing issues - at least in Everfrost/permafrost as of last night: The back frost giant in everfrost right before the perma zone will no longer let you pass by hugging the opposite wall, he attacks everytime. Inside perma, the ice goblin at entry will wander when he hits about 20% health, but now immediately goes through the wall, comes back with about 25+ high level mobs. Also, if you are at that area and go to the halas zone to escape the giant (I gated) he appears through the wall at the halas zoneline.

Crookstinger
05-05-2016, 01:17 PM
I ran into some pathing/aggro issues in Permafrost last night.

First, the aggro issues. There are a few mobs I've found that even though I appear to have clear, unobstructed line of sight, I cannot cast on them until I am essentially in belly cast range, nor will they aggro until I am standing extremely close to them (again think belly cast range). One such mob is a single goblin immediately to one's left as one climbs the very first ladder from the entrance (it sits in a little alcove). Another is an elite goblin guard that sits right around loc 600, -325. There is a third a little southwest of that loc, around loc 525, -200 or thereabouts.

Then some pathing issues I ran into. These were the various goblins on and around the boulders/ice formations as one first enters the King's Room, roughly between y-coordinates 500 and 600 and x-coordinates -200 and -400. If I aggroed a goblin on a different elevation than me, it would run around for a few seconds then run towards me while still on a different elevation, hit a wall, and then vanish for a short period of time (10-20 seconds) before returning with anywhere between 0 to 10 of its closest friends. I don't think I had any pathing issues with mobs on the same elevations as me, and not every mob I pulled from a different elevation had pathing issues. But enough of the different elevation pulls had issues that it seemed like something I should report.

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Zone_permafrost.jpg

Lojik
05-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Was killing nox spider in hallway before lava shortcut, it fled and walked nw through wall to pop out at efreeti (watched it through wall with eye vision. ) didn't fall through world at least, and group at efreeti slayed it

guirssane
05-07-2016, 04:41 PM
if it could be priority fix number one :(
it's really messy in some place tbh :s

Doctor Jeff
05-07-2016, 04:44 PM
This is a bad bug, but for some temporary relief, you can baby your pulls back instead of just running straight to the camp. I find that if you walk backwards while looking at the mob, he will follow your path pretty much as well as he can. and if you don't get any walls between you and your mob, there is no way it can pop up.

Of course this requires you to be able to take a few hits on your way back every now and then.

Andragore
05-10-2016, 10:59 AM
I noticed yesterday that some of the polar bear cubs are walking on top of the peaks in everfrost, pathing too high up to get too.