PDA

View Full Version : We Open our arms to you!

Yiblaan
01-23-2010, 02:58 AM
Hello there fellow P1999 players!

We are <Flaming Gaze> a new gay-friendly guild that takes on a different philosophy then most.

We are not as hXc as some are, although we do enjoy our EQ~

We are a tight-nit family type guild, who likes to be goofy, fun and help eachother.

Our goal is to be able to group with each other, chat, do quests and the such together for the better of our guildies, and others as well. Just to have fun and go with the flow of the Server. One must get used to the members, for we will do stuff together a lot!!

And obviously, we enforce the acceptance of all peoples. We are a gay-friendly and friendly to people of all walks of life. We do not prejudice against anyone. We also require that our members do not show hatred towards any members.
Though it is certainly not a requirement to be Gay, if you are--please don't be afraid to join!!

As we have not been created yet, we are Waiting for GMs approval and hope to be contacted by one soon! Please bear with us during this process!

If you are interested in joining the "Gaze Team" send me a /tell

guineapig
01-23-2010, 03:52 PM
I would like to think that everyone here is accepting of people of all walks of life but... sadly I can't say that with any certainty.

Good luck with the guild man! See you in game.

Vonyor
01-23-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm glad that with the small project1999 community we have that you were still able to start a gay guild. I hope our entirely adult community is mature enough to treat you with the respect you deserve.

Goobles
01-23-2010, 06:40 PM
I'm gay-friendly. Perhaps that's why they didn't like me in IB. Homophobes.

Otto
01-23-2010, 07:08 PM

I take offense to that, Goobles.

Sloth
01-23-2010, 07:36 PM
congrats on being gay? no 1 rly cares anymoar

Brad_mo123
01-23-2010, 07:44 PM

Does this mean you get free tickets to Disney Land!?

Goobles
01-23-2010, 07:56 PM
I take offense to that, Goobles.

Should have thought about that before your allowed most of your guild to become uber-elitist insufferable jerks. All you have/had to do is/was make an executive decision, and they will/would live with it.

ssyrax82
01-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Good luck with your guild bro!

Hasbinbad
01-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Yo Yiblaan, I'm apologizing for Goobles for shitting up your post in his epix tantrum against me.

The proper place for further yelling at Goobles is here (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2283).

Good luck in your future endeavors <Flaming Gaze>.

Aaron
01-23-2010, 08:13 PM
This is dumb. It seems to be an implication that other guilds are not "gay-friendly."

Publicity stunt.

Goobles
01-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Playing good cop. As clearly stated in my posts, I've never flamed the Flaming Gaze. I too wish them a plentiful and abundant success.

Yiblaan
01-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Well wasn't Really hoping for people to be flaming my thread, no pen intended, on here :(

Not really necessary, but it happens!!

Thanks for the wishes guys :)

Hoping GMs will have time to create, I know they have been working hard with the server lately ^_^ /applaud

Secrets
01-24-2010, 01:50 AM
I'll log on and make this for you. There's been plenty of LGBT guilds, clans, supergroups, cults, whatever, some of you need to accept that someone can say "I'm gay" and be serious.

While i'm on this rant, pride about being LGBT is respected to a point by outsiders. Gone are the days that LGBT people go out and parade. Being in a "LGBT friendly" guild means you don't *have* to be LGBT, you are supportive of their cause. That's what the OP is likely meaning.

While they probably don't have as many members as Uber_Raid_Guild001, I think you are all forgetting that EverQuest was built on community, not on its content and mechanics. If you had WoW come out before EverQuest when Graphical MUDS were first coming out I guarantee EverQuest would have been terrible if not for the fact that community was still strong in 1999 for graphical MUDs and the availability of them. Common interest groups are something that everyone can enjoy within that common interest, and if it wern't for that thriving community you'd resort to common interest bashing like what is happening in this thread.. I wouldn't make fun of 90% of the server population for being fat, unemployed and living in their mothers' basement (again, a stereotype as common as gays), I don't make fun of people for being GBLT because if that's what they want to do, that's their decision and you man up and respect it, just as someone would man up and respect your decision to sit in the basement all day.

Just my 2 cents. IMHO, this is no different than an all-gnome guild, an all-mage guild, or an all-level 1 raid killing Emperor Crush. They are all niche things, and should be respected as such.

Why do I defend the OPs' position? It's because they aren't forcing their position on you, just looking for people with a common interest.

Best of luck with your guild.

Hasbinbad
01-24-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't make fun of LGBT's because I live in the SF bay area, and I don't wanna get beat up.

Erasong
01-24-2010, 04:49 AM
I don't make fun of LGBT's because I live in the SF bay area, and I don't wanna get beat up.

I say this all the time. A gay man is still a man. Might fuck around and get your ass beat for your mouth. Try explaining that black eye to anyone you might know thats not open minded.

Hasbinbad
01-24-2010, 04:51 AM
A gay man is still a man.
I wasn't talking about gay men.

Erasong
01-24-2010, 04:58 AM
I wasn't talking about gay men.

I feel uneducated and close minded now. I had to google LGBT. Im a bad person and I thank you Has for bringing it to light now. Im startin with the man in the mirror. Im asking him to change his ways.

Danth
01-24-2010, 05:03 AM
I don't know 'bout where you folks live, but around these parts calling someone 'flaming gay' amounts to an insult, and not the friendly kind. I've got nothing against your guild, but if I were you I'd think up a different name.

Danth

Tristin
01-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Took me a while to figure out what the Tag meant. I lol'd for like 5 mins when i did. Nice work.

ssyrax82
01-24-2010, 09:37 AM
If you really think about it, gays calling eachother flaming isn't really an insult. its kinda like races using racial slurs against themselves, it doesn't seem to phase em. hehe

Aaron
01-24-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't know 'bout where you folks live, but around these parts calling someone 'flaming gay' amounts to an insult, and not the friendly kind. I've got nothing against your guild, but if I were you I'd think up a different name.

Danth

Exactly what I thought. If he wanted to be taken seriously, then his guild name should have been more appropriate and less a funny play on words.

And the ubiquitous...

...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Deanob
01-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Goobles we kicked you out because your about as annoying as a mosquito. Not to mention you sucked. sorry brew

Hasbinbad
01-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Goobles we kicked you out because your about as annoying as a mosquito. Not to mention you sucked. sorry brew
He was annoying and he sucked?
GOOBLES ***IS*** A MOSQUITO!!!

ssyrax82
01-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Would you guys stop jacking this guy's thread about his guild for your own arguments? Hasbinbad already made a post so you can bash Goobles... Go do it there. Damn.

Hasbinbad
01-24-2010, 01:31 PM
He was annoying and he sucked?
GOOBLES ***IS*** A MOSQUITO!!!
*bites back mosquito/<flaminggaze> analogy*
Would you guys stop jacking this guy's thread about his guild for your own arguments? Hasbinbad already made a post so you can bash Goobles... Go do it there. Damn.
Yeah..
Sorry again Yiblaan!! Seriously I hope your guild does well, it has already brought much hilarity!!

I can't wait to be "on rotation" with <flaming gaze>.

fucking awesome!

Five
01-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Exactly what I thought. If he wanted to be taken seriously, then his guild name should have been more appropriate and less a funny play on words.

And the ubiquitous...

...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I guess you can't be gay AND have a sense of humor.

I joined <Flaming Gaze> because it's a hilarious guild tag and Yiblaan is a lovable douche bag.

Yo, my girl says it best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVicCD8FmMs

*edited for epic link.

ssyrax82
01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
WOOT You Go FiVe! GO Flaming GAZE! HAHA. I love the guild name.

Five
01-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks Ken1 : )

Goobles
01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Yiblaan is pretty cool. I grouped with him yesterday and he is pretty enthusiastic. If anything, I would welcome him to joining my guild.

Akim
01-24-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm not gay, but that's cool, I accept everyone.
I just have to say that name is epic lol.

Yiblaan
01-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Yiblaan is pretty cool. I grouped with him yesterday and he is pretty enthusiastic. If anything, I would welcome him to joining my guild.

Aww Thanks, I appreciate it :)

I try to be fun for the group, especially when everyone's dozing off

Hasbinbad
01-24-2010, 05:53 PM

Aww Thanks, I appreciate it :)

I try to be fun for the group, especially when everyone's dozing off
Love is in the air!