PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Tuesday, April 26th, 2016

Rogean
04-26-2016, 04:52 AM
The latest patch contains new required files. Download and extract the Project 1999 Files (V42) (http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files42.zip) to your EQ Titanium Directory.

Code

Haynar: Hide skill for non-rogues should now function like normal invis, rather than a "SUPER" invis.
Haynar: Environmental death on PvP server will now result in no mana after death.
Haynar: Fixed a pathing issue that would sometimes result in some "massive" trains.
Haynar: Fixed flowing thought to actually regenerate mana.
Haynar: Added improved packet handling for out of order acks.

Content

Nilbog: Fury of Air now deals the damage it should.
Nilbog: Ulkar Jollkarek requests the proper number of quest gems.
Nilbog: Quest 'Kobold Molars (Good)' has a chance of awarding a piece of random ringmail armor.
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with combine for Potion of Bone Field.
Nilbog: Iron Bound Tome now procs on the wielder.
Nilbog: Plate armor dye recipes return armor if the combine fails.
Nilbog: Trivials for plate armor dyes have been increased to 150.
Nilbog: Placed a rock at a zoneline in the Warrens which will be the entrance to Stonebrunt. This will be removed when Stonebrunt opens.
Nilbog: Spiroc Wingblade will drop less often.
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with some haste items sharing values.
Nilbog: Velious custom plate helms are now the proper color.
Nilbog: Narandi's Lance has a level requirement of 55. Club of the Ice Ocean has a level requirement of 51.
Nilbog: Corrected faction issues in dark elf camp of Lesser Faydark.
Nilbog: 'Visiting Priestess' quest now works.
Nilbog: Dwarven Blood no longer appears as a shield if dropped.
Nilbog: Updated faction hits for 'Halfling Raider Helms' quest.
Nilbog: Yakman Steak (Velious version) now combines.
Nilbog: White Dragon Helm now has 10 magic resist and a worn effect of Endure Magic.
Nilbog: Gossamer loot may now include veils and wristbands.
Nilbog: Corrected pathing and all text from the werewolf hunters of North Karana.
Nilbog: Silvered Weapons are now craftable.
Nilbog: Enchanted Sheet Metal can be combined only in human racial forges.
Nilbog: (April2001 timeline) Venril Sathir spawns every 3 days instead of 7. Venril Sathir's Remains can spawn after a VS or VSR death. Firefly Globe must be turned in by a druid or ranger. Gnarled Staff drops more frequently.
Nilbog: Corrected unicorn faction in wakening.
Nilbog: There can only be one Tarbul Earthstrider spawned at a time.
Nilbog: Faction hits updated for 'Assist the Great Xelha', 'Stanos' Head' quests.
Nilbog: Wallin Slyfoot is now on faction 'DeepPockets'. His quest may be done at high dubious faction or better.
Nilbog: 'Tunic of Ridossan' quest now works.
Nilbog: Dragons in the Temple of Veeshan pay more attention when Vulak`Aerr is under attack.
Nilbog: Respawn issues associated with the 10th ring war should now be fixed. Please report any oddities.
Nilbog: Fixed a crash issue with skipping stone in the ammo slot.
Nilbog: (May2001) Black Silk Cape drop chance increased.
Nilbog: (May2001) New Translocate spells are available from Terblyn Zelbus.
Haynar: Added pathing to caves in great divide.
Telin: Updated quest dialogue for Jinkus Felligan.
Telin: Updated faction hits for the Tribunal Initiate, Bard Reports, Aenia and Behroe, and Tesch Val Scrolls quests.
Telin: CitizensofQeynos faction has become QeynosCitizen. All NPCs and quests have been updated to reflect this change.
Telin: Added Banker faction to South Qeynos.
Telin: Adjusted faction for killing Edvard Tommels and halfling initiates and neophytes in Nektulos Forest.
Telin: Added missing level ranges to East Commonlands and South Karana.
Telin: Updated faction and loot for Lord Shin Ree.
Telin: Added zombies to East Commonlands.
Telin: Corrected Jouny Jestands level.
Telin: a cloaked dhampyre in Mistmoore is now a Shadowknight.
Telin: Increased level of Lord Grimrot (Live Version) and updated faction hits for both versions.
Telin: a sand scarab no longer spawns in East Commonlands.
Telin: Added a Shaman class to the Deepwater Goblins of Oasis.
Telin: Sand Giants in Oasis now spawn at a greater level range.
Telin: Updated Argyn Shieldstan's spawn time, loot, and faction hits.
Telin: Corrected faction and experience for Priestess Caulria's quests.
Telin: Lowered fog horizon for several zones.
Telin: Lieutenant Dagarok in North Qeynos now casts Shadowknight spells and hits much harder.
Telin: Implemented Bread Shipment and Fresh Baked Muffins quests.
Telin: Adjusted faction for killing Brother Nallin, Rondo Dunfire, a treant, a shadowed man, a raider, Sentry Alechin, a putrid skeleton, Brother Drash, High Shaman Grisok, Narra Tanith, and High Shaman Phido.
Telin: Added Barbecued Erudite to Foodmaster Rargnar.
Telin: Elephants in South Karana will now assist each other.
Telin: Updated Ghanex Drah's loot, spawn time, faction, emotes, and level range.
Telin: Raiders in South Karana who were once Wizards are now Druids and have gained a level. Also added aggro/death messages and females to the group.
Telin: Updated loot for Gnawfang, Shakrn Meadowgreen, tainted hill giant, Knari Morawk, Synger Foxfyre, High Shaman Phido, Mroon, Shaman Lenrel, an escaped Splitpaw gnoll, and High Shaman Grisok.
Telin: Updated main faction and hits for Hyrill Pon.
Telin: Updated Yiz Pon's quest dialogue, faction, respawn time, and added him to a grid.
Telin: Updated a Splitpaw assassin's faction, dialogue, and pathing. It will now properly spawn and attack Yiz Pon for the Hollow Skull quest.
Telin: Added emotes to Sentry Alechin, a Tesch Mal Gnoll, and Brother Drash.
Telin: Added a Splitpaw gnoll to South Karana.
Telin: Added wandering treants to South Karana and reduced the respawn time of the two static treants.
Telin: (May2001) Runnyeye has been revamped! New Pickclaw goblins, loot, and Sporali fungusmen await adventurers.
(June2001 timeline) Circlet of Shadows stops dropping. Replaced by 5s cast time.
(June2001 timeline) More Translocation spells added
(June2001 timeline) Enchanter Epic haste duration increased from 20 -> 30 min
(June2001 timeline) Hoshkar begins dropping Green Scales for warrior epic.

Senn
04-26-2016, 05:02 AM
No food/drink durations?

The Prez
04-26-2016, 05:08 AM
PRAISE! We've missed you!

Farzo
04-26-2016, 05:09 AM
Thanks boys! Good work!

Reece15
04-26-2016, 05:13 AM
Great work!

Culkasi
04-26-2016, 05:14 AM
Thank you!

Greenie
04-26-2016, 05:14 AM
No food/drink durations?

would love to see this fixed soon!

Karta
04-26-2016, 05:16 AM
How long will the servers be down for?

purpatron
04-26-2016, 05:16 AM
I feel bad for all the people who spent 60k on Narandi's Lance for their twink SKs/Pallys

Ouch.

Gia
04-26-2016, 05:56 AM
Code

[B]Telin: (May2001) Runnyeye has been revamped! New Pickclaw goblins, loot, and Sporali fungusmen await adventurers.

Is there a site that shows this era of runneye revamp? I don't 'remember post revamp Runnyeye...anything new and exciting to crawl into? :)

jatyro91
04-26-2016, 05:57 AM
Can't connect to any server for "unknown reason" since adding these files?

Meliadoule
04-26-2016, 06:02 AM
Nice patch. Cannot login now. A+.

Moosetoe
04-26-2016, 06:03 AM
Server patch update, raid mobs up, and the login server isn't accepting any new people to get on and do anything about it..

Gia
04-26-2016, 06:18 AM
Nice patch. Cannot login now. A+.

The server was down for a while, relax. are you still having issues? I am in game now. If so, I suggest redownloading the patch files and installing again to your main EQ folder directory !

skyler56
04-26-2016, 06:26 AM
my necro pet it doing WAY more damage now then before the patch is that intended?

NarcolepticLTD
04-26-2016, 06:40 AM
I feel bad for all the people who spent 60k on Narandi's Lance for their twink SKs/Pallys

Ouch.

Me too! Wait, no I don't... weird!

Golla1988
04-26-2016, 06:46 AM
Looks like I'm not the only one having a problem with logging on now that I've updated my files. Any time I try to select a server, it gives me this msg: "An unknown error occured when trying to join the server"

What do I doooo? I'm terrified that I'll never be able to log on again :( I just got level 53 too! Highest level I've ever reached

Senn
04-26-2016, 06:48 AM
44 Mage pet doing in the 70's instead of max dmg of 48.

Calyan
04-26-2016, 06:48 AM
still a bunch of us that cannot log in

Meliadoule
04-26-2016, 06:49 AM
very irritating when batphone goes off at 5 am and you cant log in.

Swyftfingers
04-26-2016, 06:49 AM
The server was down for a while, relax. are you still having issues? I am in game now. If so, I suggest redownloading the patch files and installing again to your main EQ folder directory !

I was able to log on briefly in KC, and tried to group. The pathing is broken completely. Pulling 1 mob, pulls all the mobs from above. Also, pets are hitting too hard. Also, I tried to zone a train(From the broken pathing) and the client got stuck. Now I am unable to log in with the following error message: "An Unknown error occured while trying to join the server".

- Please advise.

Vilkata
04-26-2016, 06:50 AM
getting unknown error message after installing patch.

Ukeka
04-26-2016, 06:50 AM
Hey, i patched the game and now, i can log on, but at server selection i see more then 200 on but i still get the error, An unknown error occured, while trying to join the server...

Wibo49
04-26-2016, 06:52 AM
I was able to log on briefly in KC, and tried to group. The pathing is broken completely. Pulling 1 mob, pulls all the mobs from above. Also, pets are hitting too hard. Also, I tried to zone a train(From the broken pathing) and the client got stuck. Now I am unable to log in with the following error message: "An Unknown error occured while trying to join the server".

- Please advise.

Yeah my game window froze up completely about 15 seconds after zoning from wfp to ec. Now I'm at the error stage. We're just going to have to wait for them to figure it out.

Meliadoule
04-26-2016, 07:12 AM
Pathing seems to be messed up in numerous zones.

Skew
04-26-2016, 07:12 AM
Log-in servers need a patch it looks like.

Senn
04-26-2016, 07:15 AM
And yeah - pathing is still messed up. Pets warping all over the place, I'd go so far as to say it's worse than before.

Landerz
04-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Unknown error when trying to log into server. This is my prime time farming hour :((

Dman2701
04-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Hey, i patched the game and now, i can log on, but at server selection i see more then 200 on but i still get the error, An unknown error occured, while trying to join the server...

I'm also getting this same error

Skew
04-26-2016, 07:24 AM
You're not doing anything wrong the log-in server is broken.
If you're in game you dont want to be log-in out to another account.

jcbbjjttt
04-26-2016, 07:26 AM

This is my experience. I've unpacked patch 42. I see 200+ on but I get the "An unknown error occurred."

Didius
04-26-2016, 07:35 AM
I got on and guilds were forming to kill raid mobs. Crashed. Got error. Got back on after a while. Raid mobs going down left and right. Crashed. Stuck with error again. Those lucky ones who got in are getting massive lewtz.

scifo76
04-26-2016, 07:38 AM
I have successfully installed the patch, but I still can't log in. "An unknown error occurred."

jcbbjjttt
04-26-2016, 07:43 AM
This is my experience. I've unpacked patch 42. I see 200+ on but I get the "An unknown error occurred."

Tried it out on my girlfriends laptop and there was no problem. Main difference is the Windows 8 computer gets the error and the Windows 7 computer can get through.

Anyone else confirm this?

jolanar
04-26-2016, 07:44 AM
Is there a site that shows this era of runneye revamp? I don't 'remember post revamp Runnyeye...anything new and exciting to crawl into? :)

Alla's site for it should mostly be accurate now.

disposalist
04-26-2016, 07:45 AM
Yeah I'm getting that error attempting to log into server.

I did press "Quick Connect" and it went into "Geidi Prime" ok...

But errors every time since then for Geidi Prime and for my actual server, P99 (1)

khanable
04-26-2016, 07:48 AM
heh /d straight crashes me now

:(

Sodors Finest Poster
04-26-2016, 07:49 AM
That rogue epic dude fixed in Kaladim?

dirtynumbangel333
04-26-2016, 07:50 AM
I'm excited for all of the patched content, can't wait for you folks to resolve the log in server issue.

Thanks for all of the hard work!

Skew
04-26-2016, 07:51 AM
Pathing is not fixed. You made it worse.

khanable
04-26-2016, 07:52 AM

have you been haynar'd today?

:D

Daldaen
04-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Looks like we got the April patch in except maybe the food/drink durations. As well as the May patch.

I guess June's update will need to wait for next patch.

Kenji5252
04-26-2016, 07:56 AM
rogue epic is fixed

Kenji5252
04-26-2016, 07:57 AM

fixed

loukitch
04-26-2016, 08:04 AM
i have a unknown error message when i want to log .

It's fixed or we need to wait ?

poena.dare
04-26-2016, 08:07 AM
Thank you for your VOLUNTARY work. (Please see a therapist!)

Thunderjunky
04-26-2016, 08:12 AM
Do Antonian Javelins stack again yet plz?

NM. I see they are listed as July 2001.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Antonian_Javelin

kiljoe
04-26-2016, 08:14 AM
i have a unknown error message when i want to log .

It's fixed or we need to wait ?

seems a lot of people are haveing this issue, is a thread started on the technical discussions page

derpcake
04-26-2016, 08:36 AM
i fixed the unknown error message by extracting the patch files again

guess something went wrong on first unzip, make sure EQ is closed fully while you do it also

Kenji5252
04-26-2016, 08:45 AM
after my numerous attempts at long in that failed, i can finally log in now but my character select screen says my spell files are outdated any help would be greatly appreciated

Erati
04-26-2016, 08:52 AM
Pal/SK defense ?

Haynar
04-26-2016, 08:54 AM

More details please.

And don't say its obvious. I need to know what you do and where to make it go bad.

Get me good details asap, and might get it fixed asap.

Skew
04-26-2016, 08:55 AM
More details please.

And don't say its obvious. I need to know what you do and where to make it go bad.

Hi Haynar.

Hoshkar was stuck in a wall earlier (in bedroom)

Mobs warping in ToV.

Will go into more detail once finished raiding , i am sure more raiders can add.

-Jorlleag drops into the lava when pathing down. Did pop back up out.

Man0warr
04-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Runnyeye not revamped.

NovaSeven
04-26-2016, 09:00 AM
More details please.

Were the changes to pet damage across the board in any way intended?

Turd
04-26-2016, 09:07 AM
Only change I saw in Runnyeye:

http://i.imgur.com/qA684Mg.png

Rogean
04-26-2016, 09:15 AM
I don't believe the pet damage is intended, Telin is looking into that and Nilbog will help when he gets up I'm sure.

Haynar is looking into pathing issues, make sure you give him as much info as possible.

If we can identify the issues and get them fixed we'll push a small patch soon.

If RunnyEye is not revamped version it may just be an era flag that wasn't set. I'm going to wait for Nilbog to confirm and we can change that while the server is running if needed.

Baler
04-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Thank You P99 staff!

NovaSeven
04-26-2016, 09:17 AM
I don't believe...
Thank you

Zinethx
04-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Having a problem with character select keeps telling me to my spells are out of date visit p99 for latest updates extracted patch but I keep getting the same thing any ideas?

NarcolepticLTD
04-26-2016, 09:24 AM
I don't believe the pet damage is intended, Telin is looking into that and Nilbog will help when he gets up I'm sure.

Not sure if this is related, but it seems NPC damage in general (not just pets) got a bit out of whack. lvl 35 dwarves in BB were hitting for 70ish max pre patch, now hitting for 92 (and seem to swing max damage much more often). No changes in gear or AC on my end before/after. Feels like their atk rating smoked some pcp.

Linksfather
04-26-2016, 09:30 AM
Fix Magi Hate staff drop for Mage epic soon please?

sergan
04-26-2016, 09:31 AM
Nilbog: (May2001) Black Silk drop chance increased.

Black Silk what? maybe the Black Silk Cape from keeper of souls? or Black Silk Gloves in MM?

Cinadien
04-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Additional Translocate spells sold by Terblyn appear to be only Tox, NK, GFay and DL(combine), which were available in game as of the Jan 31st game update.
Not sure if those are the ones intended as they were not mentioned in the previous patch notes, or if other spells are expected to be added in.

MHUM
04-26-2016, 09:38 AM
Thank you guys, love that I can experience this

Rogean
04-26-2016, 09:42 AM
Feels like their atk rating smoked some pcp.

In no version of this game, P99 or any Expansion of Live, does atk rating affect max damage.

http://samanna.net/eq.general/effects.shtml

ezri
04-26-2016, 09:44 AM
You've put the Velious splash screen in the patch file! Thank you!!

Spit
04-26-2016, 09:49 AM
error in GUI XML files on mac, any help?

rez
04-26-2016, 09:52 AM
I believe Siren's Grotto zone (red) is down. I zoned in and crashed and 3 times trying to log into my character I immediately disconnect.

Skew
04-26-2016, 09:57 AM
Haynar :

mobs from very north of tov warp through west when they are pathing down.

-and then we have mobs warping up after our wizards train-up to twins (lady n and jorlleag)

Skew
04-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Gets even better.

Viscere was stood next to me at tov zone in and then just dropped dead to a Beldion Icewing attack - even though that mob was not there. And did not aggro anyone else.

Bizarro.

playing4peace
04-26-2016, 10:04 AM

I checked both Terblyn Zelbus (Sol Ro) and Roule (NK).

There are NO new spells at either vendor, above and beyond those that were there prior to this patch.

Terblyn only has TLs to DL (Combine), GFay, NK, and Tox.

Scryll
04-26-2016, 10:05 AM
More details please.

Mobs are warping in ToV, VP and Freeport as far as I have seen. They walk through walls etc, pathing is not working as it should right now.

Achromatic
04-26-2016, 10:06 AM
There's something wrong with knight defense. It shows up in red.

xKoopa
04-26-2016, 10:15 AM

Priority issue imo

Should just give knights full velious buffs as reparations

Teller
04-26-2016, 10:17 AM

Also getting this error, also on Mac. Checked the uierrors.txt file, here is the text:

[Tue Apr 26 10:17:07 2016] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
[Tue Apr 26 10:17:07 2016] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Tue Apr 26 10:17:07 2016] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Tue Apr 26 10:17:07 2016] Error reading XML.

Pint
04-26-2016, 10:21 AM

the new TL's are not on Terblyn yet.

im sure there has been a lot of info on the pathing but in our ToV runs we had mobs warping every direction of the triangle that is west zone out, zone in and twins (nev/jorlleag lair). mobs would path right at first then randomly warp, seemingly usually around the time when our trainers runed to change the direction of aggro. although once a zone in mob warped immediately to twins upon taking TL box (mob aggro'd in the picture hall outside of zone in room then TL'er landed on the ledge on the Nevederia side of the twins room). we had mobs warping from north to west merc'ing pullers (mobs from the north train down warping directly to the west zone out room) and mobs warping to triplets to nail train ups as well (train up again from zone in hallway this time TL'er landing in the small pool in the center of the triplets room). lady nevederia seems to be particularly buggy, we we're able to get jorlleag in camp somewhat smoothly minus the trash warping but lady nev warped all over the place (she would warp back to her spawn instantly).

can probably work with the other pullers to get you better info if needed, but thats what i noticed. the places and descriptions might not be specific enough, would be happy to go into ToV with you and show you the routes first hand later.

Teller
04-26-2016, 10:26 AM

I just solved this on mac by bringing the files in the UI folder in manually, rather than replacing old UI folder with the new one they gave us in patch. New UI folder is missing some critical pieces and must supplement the old one, not replace it.

Skew
04-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Lady Nev seems fubar. She warps instantly back to her spawn point after a dropped engage.

Triangle
04-26-2016, 10:38 AM
White Dragon Helm adds 20mr total, it should still be 30mr. Not sure why that is.

Telin
04-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Runnyeye not revamped.

If that's the case, anything else tied to a timeline probably needs switched on. That would also explain missing vendor items.

Pet damage increase was not intentional and will be fixed asap.

Haynar
04-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Lady Nev seems fubar. She warps instantly back to her spawn point after a dropped engage.
Good info. That should be easy to test with.

H

ezri
04-26-2016, 11:36 AM

Go into ToV it'll not be red ;)

EatitNerd
04-26-2016, 11:36 AM
Telin: Added Barbecued Erudite to Foodmaster Rargnar.

Best patch note ever

Raev
04-26-2016, 11:54 AM
Nilbog: Respawn issues associated with the 10th ring war should now be fixed. Please report any oddities.

Does this refer to the respawns of Dain Frostreaver and Sentry Badain on the 'zone is repopping' or to the Dwarf Captains sometimes being missing?

tylercanuck
04-26-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm still noticing the AC on my paladin remain the same as my defence increases past 210! (Stuck at 203 in red under skills) What will it take to get this fixed once and for all!

Scryll
04-26-2016, 12:01 PM
Good info. That should be easy to test with.

H

Also Lord Vyemm randomly appearing at West Exit in ToV and then setting off FTE messages....

Skew
04-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Haynar , the random mob warping is associated to something you did to change the Vulak engage ? (ie , other dragons will pay "more attention" means they will get to him to assist faster?)

Llurendt
04-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Anyone else have a strange urge to get some BBQ Erudite?

Intoxication
04-26-2016, 12:27 PM
Having major issues not even being able to log in past character select. I keep getting error SP-1 saying my spell files are jacked up. I've downloaded and replaced the new patch files ~ 4 times hoping it was a bad download or something... anyone find a fix for this?

PS, I play on a mac

Haynar
04-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Haynar , the random mob warping is associated to something you did to change the Vulak engage ? (ie , other dragons will pay "more attention" means they will get to him to assist faster?)

Wasn't my fix. Not sure how it was implemented.

H

r0xx0r
04-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Gorge of King Xorbb appears to be down? character stuck in there.

Ben88
04-26-2016, 12:38 PM
Appears Founy Jestands (for rogue epic) is still not giving up his piece, though patch notes reflect a change in his lvl. :)

Ella`Ella
04-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Always look forward to your quarterly updates!

Thanks!

Haynar
04-26-2016, 12:48 PM
I have a very good idea on what would cause this.

Working on it.

Wibo49
04-26-2016, 01:03 PM

Working on it.

I can't thank yall enough for all of the work you do. Thank you so much.

Erati
04-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Appears Founy Jestands (for rogue epic) is still not giving up his piece, though patch notes reflect a change in his lvl. :)

if the level is proper the piece should eventually be there

she can be a bitch sometimes

also - TY devs for all your hard work - fixes for janky bugs will be coming

nilbog
04-26-2016, 01:30 PM
Nilbog: (May2001) Black Silk drop chance increased.

Black Silk what? maybe the Black Silk Cape from keeper of souls? or Black Silk Gloves in MM?

Cape.

Runnyeye not revamped.

It will be. Just needs to be enabled.

Does this refer to the respawns of Dain Frostreaver and Sentry Badain on the 'zone is repopping' or to the Dwarf Captains sometimes being missing?

Hopefully all of that.

Additional Translocate spells sold by Terblyn appear to be only Tox, NK, GFay and DL(combine), which were available in game as of the Jan 31st game update.
Not sure if those are the ones intended as they were not mentioned in the previous patch notes, or if other spells are expected to be added in.

Ben88
04-26-2016, 01:35 PM

rogue epic is fixed

if the level is proper the piece should eventually be there

she can be a bitch sometimes

also - TY devs for all your hard work - fixes for janky bugs will be coming

Still no piece but someone just got lucky so, I withdraw my comments :) Thanks for the patch guys

Llandris
04-26-2016, 01:37 PM
Just an FYI, do not petition in game for bug reports. Direct your reports to the bug forums.

gildor
04-26-2016, 01:38 PM
Just an FYI, do not petition in game for bug reports. Direct your reports to the bug forums.

Thx Swish!

Achromatic
04-26-2016, 02:18 PM
Cape.

Hopefully all of that.

Why will you guys address everything except knight ac/defense? :/

nilbog
04-26-2016, 02:27 PM
Enabled era rules which activated Runnyeye Revamp and Terblyn. These should now be active on both servers.

Developers normally reply to issues for which they are responsible. I don't personally do anything with skill caps, but the issue is noted and should be fixed when possible.

Haynar
04-26-2016, 02:27 PM

Because we don't have an answer.

Personally: looking at other issues.

Deegs23
04-26-2016, 02:55 PM
I just discovered this server 3 days ago. I just wanted to jump in here and say THANK YOU for all you are doing. I can't believe this exists. I really can't believe you are actively patching/improving this server (I also can't believe people seem to be complaining about server issues after a patch).

You guys are doing an amazing job. Thanks for allowing me to experience boatloads of nostalgia.

Skew
04-26-2016, 03:19 PM

Working on it.

Cool.

Im sure others will chime in with other specifics once they wake up :D

Jarylaxle
04-26-2016, 03:32 PM

If you renamed your old UIFILES folder prior to extracting the P99Files42 just change it back and you'll be able to log without that error appearing

cdawgz28
04-26-2016, 04:30 PM
Pras the devs...good shit for keeping this going guys

Greenie
04-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Install of the patch worked fine on my computer. I only logged on my alt in EJ and zoned to City of Mist, I haven't tried any other zones. Server list looks fine to me as well.

Zentile
04-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Tserrina Syl'Tor AI has changed in ToFS following the patch.

Before the patch: once spawned she cast the following spells on herself in order 56 times in a row: Arch Shielding, Diamondskin, Banshee Aura and Invoke Death (pet).

After the patch: in two appearances, she has yet to cast a pet even after waiting 10 minutes.

Turd
04-26-2016, 05:30 PM
Pathing in DN might be messed up, few mobs stuck at zone in for about 15-20 minutes

Lojik
04-26-2016, 05:39 PM
I thought new translocate spells were June, not May? Are there indeed translocate spells for nro,wc,nek, ct in game now?

fiblo
04-26-2016, 06:38 PM
Thank you Devs!

Subidoo
04-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Much appreciated for all the work you do!

Turd
04-26-2016, 07:00 PM
Been about a hour and a half and those mobs are still stuck at the DN entrance.

Shift
04-26-2016, 07:17 PM
perfect VS is doing a DC in runnyeye sometime this week ;) this will be interesting,

Kelor
04-26-2016, 07:32 PM
Seems CoS got nerfed, can anyone confirm this?

Nikkanu
04-26-2016, 07:56 PM
Seems CoS got nerfed, can anyone confirm this?

What do you mean that it seems it was nerfed? In what way?

Kelor
04-26-2016, 07:59 PM
The longer cast version is in now.

Nikkanu
04-26-2016, 08:03 PM

You know of someone looting one with a cast time and named "Circlet of Shadows" (plural) instead of "Circlet of Shadow" (Singular)? If so that would confirm that the instacast version no longer drops.

kjs86z
04-26-2016, 08:13 PM
Having major issues not even being able to log in past character select. I keep getting error SP-1 saying my spell files are jacked up. I've downloaded and replaced the new patch files ~ 4 times hoping it was a bad download or something... anyone find a fix for this?

PS, I play on a mac

I am too. I have patched successfully in the past. Did the exact same process here...tried 5-6 times replacing all the files correctly.

Anyone else shed some light here?

I'm on Windows 7.

zanzer1234
04-26-2016, 08:15 PM
I am having the exact same problem... I do not know how to proceed

Subidoo
04-26-2016, 08:22 PM
So far everything work's fine on my end. Spells work, EC is packed.

Daldaen
04-26-2016, 09:33 PM
Hopefully all of that.

We just ran a 10th ring war. None of the heroes spawned when the war was won even though all survived the war.

So before the last patch, all 5 heroes were properly spawning. Now 0 are spawning :(.

Freakish
04-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Did Sentry respawn when GD repopped?

Daldaen
04-26-2016, 09:38 PM
TBD literally just won, will be a bit before the zone resets.

spikeviking
04-26-2016, 09:42 PM
Hair still sticks out of the back of the helm of the tracker wood elf females.

Nephlite
04-26-2016, 09:42 PM
Looks like the druid evac spells did not get updated tried to fire off in South Ro and said i still need to be in a dungon

Balvaron
04-26-2016, 09:57 PM
Thank you for keeping this server alive. You guys kick ass!

Sorn
04-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Looks like the druid evac spells did not get updated tried to fire off in South Ro and said i still need to be in a dungon

Those aren't in the patch notes...?

Eld'n'Ell
04-27-2016, 01:25 AM

Is this confirmed?

Nephlite
04-27-2016, 01:45 AM

that't not my point, my point is the druid kunark evacks are supposed to be used anywhere the same time the Circlet of Shadow gets Nerfed

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227418

Eld'n'Ell
04-27-2016, 01:57 AM
Is this confirmed?

I have seen the 2 diff versions in game... one is all races and the other (nerfed) just shows the races that can be sk/nec.

garbage. That was supposed to be June 2001 patch. *sigh*

* sorry if my comment is off base. just seems nefarious to pick that and then not list it.

hokus909
04-27-2016, 02:35 AM
Maybe its me, I'm not computer smart but I'm having trouble with this

Nixtar
04-27-2016, 06:40 AM
I have seen the 2 diff versions in game... one is all races and the other (nerfed) just shows the races that can be sk/nec.

garbage. That was supposed to be June 2001 patch. *sigh*

* sorry if my comment is off base. just seems nefarious to pick that and then not list it.

Not related to this specifically, but I advise people to be very careful when buying their CoS as it seems some are trying to sell the nerfed version as if it were the pre-nerfed CoS. Least going by p99auctions.

So a reminder, the pre-nerfed version(insta click) is called Circlet of Shadow whereas the nerfed version is called Circlet of ShadowS.

Necabo
04-27-2016, 11:02 AM
I thought new translocate spells were June, not May? Are there indeed translocate spells for nro,wc,nek, ct in game now?

Yes. I purchased them and some portal fragments yesterday.

nyclin
04-27-2016, 11:05 AM

Wasn't clear if this was an era patch, but this patch contains elements from the May 2001 (Runnyeye revamp) and June 2001 (New TL spells) patches. Removing zone restrictions on Kunark evacs was part of the June 2001 patch:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html

FatMice
04-27-2016, 12:32 PM
Wurms in HoT are constantly glitching. It looks like it's falling down through the world and then coming right back up. No issue with range or targeting. This is while in combat.

nilbog
04-27-2016, 01:21 PM
The following changes were implemented but mistakenly not added to the patch notes:

Circlet of Shadows stops dropping. Replaced by 5s cast time.
More Translocation spells added
Enchanter Epic haste duration increase from 20 -> 30 min
Hoshkar resumes dropping Green Scales for warrior epic.

Added to OP.

Haynar
04-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Wurms in HoT are constantly glitching. It looks like it's falling down through the world and then coming right back up. No issue with range or targeting. This is while in combat.

Very strange. I did not see any pathing issues with them by initial looks.

Where in HoT were they being fought? I will look into issues in combat.

H

kjs86z
04-27-2016, 01:51 PM
I am having the exact same problem... I do not know how to proceed

To anyone else having the spells issue:

Only thing that worked for me was a fresh install.

Delete your entire EQ folder, create a new directory (I went w/ C:EQEmu instead of going through x86 Program files), and install w/ Titanium mounted on the newest version of Daemon Tools.

I then DL'd patch 42, extracted all the folders/files to my desktop...and manually selected / dragged to their proper corresponding locations within the freshly made EQ directory. Also note you gotta go in and delete the 5-6 files as stated on the Getting Started guide.

Worked like a charm.

Subidoo
04-27-2016, 02:09 PM
Dang, all i did was download the new patch and overwrite the existing files.

razgal
04-27-2016, 04:17 PM
looks like you did the 27 july 2001 patch with exception of

- Egress will now work indoors.

- Wind of the North, Wind of the South, Markar's Relocation and
Tishan's Relocation have had their additional restrictions removed, and
can now be cast from any zone where other similar spells can be cast.

- Summon Companion can now be used by Necromancers, Shamans,
Enchanters, Shadowknights in addition to Magicians.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2001-1.html

Pezy
04-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Very strange. I did not see any pathing issues with them by initial looks.

Where in HoT were they being fought? I will look into issues in combat.

H

Looks more like an animation issue. The wurm texture like flashes and resets constantly while in combat.

Noticed this fighting in the usual spot near the HoT exit.

Crevex
04-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Why was Narandi's lance nerfed? I spent 65k on it few weeks ago =/. I can understand the epic's getting the level requirements but it doesnt make sense for the lance. I guess a few people enjoying their Sks and Pallies was a game breaking offense.

Llandris
04-27-2016, 09:10 PM
Why was Narandi's lance nerfed? I spent 65k on it few weeks ago =/. I can understand the epic's getting the level requirements but it doesnt make sense for the lance. I guess a few people enjoying their Sks and Pallies was a game breaking offense.

Because the Devs are following the classic timeline. Stats on the Lance will be updated in the Oct 2001 patch

Nikkanu
04-27-2016, 09:28 PM

p99 follows the classic timeline.

This means that nerfs / item removals / content revamps are supposed to roughly coincide with how they were on live during a certain time period. The server is currently moving through the velious timeline and the last patch moved us ahead to around June 2001 on the timeline, which is after when Narandi's Lance was nerfed on live.

Senn
04-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Because the Devs are following the classic timeline. Stats on the Lance will be updated in the Oct 2001 patch

You mean "following the timeline for the things they can implement"?

As pointed out in another thread, druid evacs changed the same time wizzie TLs got added. That's not in the patch. Food and drink durations should be in game, but they're not.

People really need to understand this is not a classic server. It's a custom server that roughly follows classic.

Nixtar
04-28-2016, 07:04 AM
People really need to understand this is not a classic server. It's a custom server that roughly follows classic.

People are aware and understand.

However, we also understand it is not run by a fully staffed game studio thus do not expect them to be delivered as on live. They've done a really good job at re-creating the live experience and considering it is more classic than the live current servers I'll take some delays in when patches are implemented.

Nikkanu
04-28-2016, 07:36 AM

As pointed out in another thread, druid evacs changed the same time wizzie TLs got added. That's not in the patch. Food and drink durations should be in game, but they're not.

I don't think anyone with half a brain completely expects or thinks it's possible to perfectly 100% recreate every tiny detail of live servers 15 years later especially without having the ability to change the source code for the client. With that said the devs have done one hell of a job recreating the closest thing we've had to classic since live servers in 1999-2001 and should be praised rather than being criticized.... especially by those that have not actively contributed to the development of the server.

Andragore
04-28-2016, 09:16 AM
I think there are still some pathing issues - at least in Everfrost/permafrost as of last night: The back frost giant in everfrost right before the perma zone will no longer let you pass by hugging the opposite wall, he attacks everytime. Inside perma, the ice goblin at entry will wander when he hits about 20% health, but now immediately goes through the wall, comes back with about 25+ high level mobs.

Thunderjunky
04-28-2016, 09:44 AM
Did the Seaworthy Planking get removed? I thought that was a change later in 2001/2002?

http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Pirate_Ship
"This quest was discontinued later in Velious somewhere around April in 2002 not 2001."

Not seeing them anywhere on the islands in IC Ocean (or the 'usual' spots).

Rararboker
04-28-2016, 10:06 AM
Not changed yet afaik.

Erati
04-28-2016, 11:05 AM
I would not be surprised if they ninja removed plankings considering their history on the server

Qtip
04-28-2016, 03:40 PM

Shut the fuck up with that. Thank you to the gms, guides and devs for making this possible. Keep up the hard work!

Izmael
04-28-2016, 03:58 PM
Actually, not sticking perfectly to how EQ evolved live makes for a classic experience.

Classic EQ was full of stuff that wasn't understood by the players. This highly contributed to the classic feel and our fond memories of it.

Introducing things that weren't there on EQLive actually helps recreating that perfectly classic feeling of not knowing what the hell you are doing.

larro
04-30-2016, 01:12 AM
Nilbog: Quest 'Kobold Molars (Good)' has a chance of awarding a piece of random ringmail armor

According to the wiki this should be 25% chance. Handing in one kobold molar at a time (12 without zoning) got coin and "exp" only will try with 4 at a time see what happens

larro
04-30-2016, 02:58 AM
will try with 4 at a time see what happens

4 at a time resulted in 2 ring mail pieces! /shrug you decide
Also may have been triggered by faction. went apprehensive to indifferent on turn in

Haynar
04-30-2016, 10:30 PM
Looks more like an animation issue. The wurm texture like flashes and resets constantly while in combat.

Noticed this fighting in the usual spot near the HoT exit.
I had a size wrong for their z offset. Fixed pending update.

Haynar

Cecily
05-01-2016, 09:22 AM
I would not be surprised if they ninja removed plankings considering their history on the server

Should ninja remove the bfgs too. That clicky does not live up to the hype. Anyone have it on live and here?

epicbeetletrain
05-12-2016, 01:52 PM
To anyone else having the spells issue:

Only thing that worked for me was a fresh install.

Delete your entire EQ folder, create a new directory (I went w/ C:EQEmu instead of going through x86 Program files), and install w/ Titanium mounted on the newest version of Daemon Tools.

I then DL'd patch 42, extracted all the folders/files to my desktop...and manually selected / dragged to their proper corresponding locations within the freshly made EQ directory. Also note you gotta go in and delete the 5-6 files as stated on the Getting Started guide.

Worked like a charm.

I've fresh-installed three times, re-downloaded/extracted/overwritten the v42 files and am still getting the "Spells file outdated" message (Error code SP-1). Anyone have any other ideas?

I'm on Win10 x64.

epicbeetletrain
05-24-2016, 09:41 AM
Resolved my issue: nod32 was intercepting the DLL as a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida with no notification.

Tissie
08-04-2016, 05:21 PM
I just got back from a 2 year hiatus, Do I have to go back and do the extraction for every patch I've missed in the past 2 years? Or can I just do the latest one and it will work for all the patches?

Somekid123
08-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Latest 1 is fine

rittmeister
09-24-2016, 06:48 PM
the damn spells file is gone on your server!
http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files42.zip
ok found it
http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files43.zip

wintersedge3
11-12-2016, 04:57 PM
THANK YOU for fixing the silvered weapons and everything else!