PDA

View Full Version : Repop "Racing"

phiren
11-02-2016, 02:23 PM
AG interprets this rule below as though Sirken wants racing, even on earthquakes and repops. Are we not understanding the rule right?

Is it legal to park a character underneath Kael / ToV mobs, log in after an earthquake or repop, and grab an FTE without racing?

I do not believe all guilds are interpreting this rule the same way as my guild does. If it is legal, we will totally be okay with that. If Guilds A and B are racing, and Guilds C and D are parking characters underneath mobs, it's never going to work out well for Guilds A and B.

As always, unless confirmed, AG and CSG will continue to follow what we think is the "spirit" of rule is. We will continue to race from the starting line, regardless of earthquake/repop/etc.

All Temple of Veeshan raid targets as well as King Tormax / Statue, are now foot race FTEs from the zone lines. If your guild gets FTE on a target, then your guild will be given a 60minute grace period to engage and kill the mob, allowing them a fair and legitimate chance at that target. A guild may not FTE any other raid target (anywhere else in the world) until their FTE’d target is either Dead, or the 60 minutes is up. If your guild/raid does not kill the FTE'd target within the allotted hour, when that hour expires, the target is considered open (not engaged) and can be FTE'd by anyone, and then that guild/raid will have an hour to make an attempt at killing the mob.

Spirit of Wolf is the only movement speed buff that is allowed during the FTE race.

No teleportation spells or effects (CotH, shadowstep, rezz boxes, translocates, gates, etc) are allowed during the FTE race.

In the case of an Earthquake respawn, you can start racing at the rumble and the staff will consider this ok. It's an Earthquake, we all know that means repop.

(and obviously all other server rules are still to be followed, ie: you are still responsible for your adds/trains)

~Phiren

Breaken
11-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Awakened interprets it the same. I am unaware of any specific situation you may be referring to, but I know that we run from the FTE line when the server comes up. Every new FTE after that is acquired by running from the FTE line to the mob.

Detoxx
11-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Awakened interprets it the same. I am unaware of any specific situation you may be referring to, but I know that we run from the FTE line when the server comes up. Every new FTE after that is acquired by running from the FTE line to the mob.

Just like the Final Arbiter? Not once, but twice you gated a mage to beat our monk that was legitimately running down. Wasn't in Kael or Tov, you might say, but we all know you cannot gate or log in to raid mobs.

phiren
11-02-2016, 03:40 PM

Thanks! Nothing specific at the moment or we would try to work with the guilds outside this forum directly. I made it pretty ambiguous on purpose for that reason.

IF (I'm not saying there even are:)) there are any illegal FTEs going on, I highly doubt it would be sanctioned and encouraged by guild leaders.

In my experience with AG, the vast majority are not P99 Raid Lawyers.

There are a lot of players who don't see everything. I felt it necessary to make it more public and transparent for all (who read the forums) to see what the expectations are.

~Phiren

Breaken
11-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Our mage is not bound at the Final Arbiter. That's why twice now we have asked for assistance getting back down there after he dies.

Do you run your mage down to Yelinak and Trakanon? No. You log in your mage.

Detoxx
11-02-2016, 06:08 PM
Our mage is not bound at the Final Arbiter. That's why twice now we have asked for assistance getting back down there after he dies.

Do you run your mage down to Yelinak and Trakanon? No. You log in your mage.

No, we track them on a Mage and then when it spawns the CoTHing begins. There's a huge difference between gating or camping in a mage after the mob spawns and doing it before it spawns.

Here's a hint: One's against the rules.

arsenalpow
11-02-2016, 06:09 PM
P99 raiding, catch the fever!

Breaken
11-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Do you switch trackers ever? I am sure you use the same character between multiple trackers. You log in and out at the raid mob all of the time. This is no different. Yes, you track those mobs, but what about on a respawn? You can lie and say you run down, no one can prove otherwise, but we know you don't.

Detoxx
11-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Do you switch trackers ever? I am sure you use the same character between multiple trackers. You log in and out at the raid mob all of the time. This is no different. Yes, you track those mobs, but what about on a respawn? You can lie and say you run down, no one can prove otherwise, but we know you don't.

I think you're missing the whole mob being up vs mob not being up. Let me break it down for you real quick:

1. Mob is not up - Do as you wish
2. Mob is up - Do not log in characters parked at said mob or gate characters bound at said mob to said mob.

Repop - When a repop happens, being that no one knows they are coming, you must refer to number 2.

Also, I don't allow anyone to camp in mages at spawn points of already spawned mobs ever, nor do I allow them to gate. Even on Trakanon, which is rotated.

Spin all you want, you have repeatedly broken this rule and many others without reprimand nor any sort of care or respect to these rules multiple times. Props I guess, why would you stop when you can get away with it.

Breaken
11-02-2016, 07:10 PM
We "get away with it" when it isn't against the rules. We get suspended when it is. See Nagafen.

I am not spinning anything. This is how we interpret the rule.

Ella`Ella
11-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Honestly blows my mind the shit both of your guilds get away with.

raato
11-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Honestly blows my mind the shit both of your guilds get away with.

Daldaen
11-04-2016, 11:00 AM
If the only thing that blows your mind about P99s raid scene is the shit that guilds get away with... I don't even know where to begin.

There's a reason instances were made and deemed better than open world content in literally every other game including EQ post-2003.

People don't play nice and people don't like to share.

As far as this goes, pretty simple, don't log in a character camped at a target to then FTE the mob after a repop, simulated or planned. I don't see the logging in a mage to then CotH down an FTEer as a problem, seeing as that's how every Trakanon ever goes. If Sirkdawg wants to say it's uncool to log in a mage who then CotHs down people to FTE or kill a mob, that's his prerogative, but that will vastly change the way Yelinak, Trakanon and FA currently occur.

When the timeline is done just set the respawn on all raid mobs to like 2 or 4 hours so people don't have to deal with nonsense anymore and can raid on their own schedule. It will save everyone a lot of headache, especially the GMs.

bktroost
11-04-2016, 02:27 PM
If the only thing that blows your mind about P99s raid scene is the shit that guilds get away with... I don't even know where to begin.

There's a reason instances were made and deemed better than open world content in literally every other game including EQ post-2003.

People don't play nice and people don't like to share.

As far as this goes, pretty simple, don't log in a character camped at a target to then FTE the mob after a repop, simulated or planned. I don't see the logging in a mage to then CotH down an FTEer as a problem, seeing as that's how every Trakanon ever goes. If Sirkdawg wants to say it's uncool to log in a mage who then CotHs down people to FTE or kill a mob, that's his prerogative, but that will vastly change the way Yelinak, Trakanon and FA currently occur.

When the timeline is done just set the respawn on all raid mobs to like 2 or 4 hours so people don't have to deal with nonsense anymore and can raid on their own schedule. It will save everyone a lot of headache, especially the GMs.

Or make a global rotation with benchmarks ;) We have some google doc savants that would sell an organ for the chance to contribute to the server in this way.

Daldaen
11-04-2016, 02:45 PM
See the people don't play nice and don't want to share line of text.

If it's only 1 Vulak or 1 King Tormax per week they want to have a shot at every single one. Nothing will change their mind as long as this is the case because rare BiS loot that 100+ in the guild wants.

Once that respawn time gets reduced then people stop caring about getting every single one because it stops being feasible and its almost always up when they do want it.

raato
11-05-2016, 06:29 AM
It's funny that I remember hearing from Fugues that Anons once got bullied to concede Trakanon when they logged anchor in after the pop by both AW and AM.

I also remember once when our guy died and his bind spot was at PoM orb in NToV, he got FTE from Telk that was being trained around and it was valid FTE and forced us to suffer the 1 hour FTE timer. Even server staff thought that it was a valid FTE and gave AW right to KS LTK from us. Wonder if it would have been valid FTE if target had been Vulak?

I guess the way you want to understand the rules depends on situation and who is being accused.

Breaken
11-05-2016, 08:20 AM
The only time I remember an issue at Trakanon with Anonymous was a time when they had more than 2 trackers. It sounds like you get bad or incomplete information. The fact that you still believe it is possible to obtain the first FTE on Telk at PoM astounds me. You realize an FTE would have had to go out to bring him up there, right? Why has no one found that FTE message?

Now, you make this thread because you jumped the gun to assume we logged in under King Tormax. Maybe news hasn't traveled to you yet, but I provided a screenshot to Nemce showing us on the line, with your "first player in the zone" in the /who log.

I am sorry that your guy got lost and told you there was no way someone could have beat him. Clearly, he was mistaken.

raato
11-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Please explain me how does mage that is bound at PoM get to Telk in west wing if it wasnt trained to north?

phiren
11-05-2016, 03:17 PM
Since you brought it up (I wasn't going to). I just wanted to get clarification that all guilds were interpreting the rules as we do.

I saw the screenshot, it doesn't prove anything to me. It really just leads me more to believe there was an illegal FTE.

He was first in zone, stopped to pose for a screenshot with a date/time stamp , then got FTE before the other 2 who were already hauling ass and racing? If it was the other guy who got FTE first , then my guy was in zone before him. It doesn't mean my guy couldn't be beat, but it does slightly counter your "first in zone" snub comment.

If it was post FTE, why does he still have all his gear on ? I also had other people in zone at time of FTE, so it definitely wasn't taken just after/before FTE.

The reason why we never officially pursued this or felt needed to provide you evidence, or you provide us evidence, is because it's near impossible to detect anything from the 'evidence' in my opinion.

We are already over it though and will continue to race from the starting line, as all guilds seem to be interpreting the rules as.

I just wanted some public clarification. It sounds like there is a lot of distrust amongst all guilds for adhering to this rule. Given that it's impossible to police (IMO at least), we can only hope the GMs are helping us out and taking a look at these things without official accusations needing to be made.

Breaken
11-05-2016, 03:52 PM
I just wanted to get clarification that all guilds were interpreting the rules as we do.

But you haven't gotten this clarification. You have only gotten Awakened's interpretation. I haven't seen anyone else comment. I have a feeling it is due to a certain Dozekar issue, but maybe I am wrong.

As for King Tormax, Nemce told me that you had someone in the zone, who claims he was the first one in the zone. We have a screenshot from the guy who got FTE on Tormax, showing him at the line, with a /who showing the said CSG player, along with another Awakened player and a timestamp. I was not implying our guy was the first in zone. I was saying that the screenshot shows only the 3 of them in zone. It was taken *before* he left to go get FTE. I am not sure what you are talking about in respect to after FTE.

phiren
11-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Well, hidden deep inside Detoxx's posts are an acknowledgement that the rule exists and what the expectations are.

raato
11-08-2016, 10:33 AM
Since apparently people either can not read properly or do not understand written english or maybe I'm just too bad at writing english, I must clarify:

I did not say at any point that Awakened trained Telk on our guy. I just said it was being trained around. I have no idea how mage got FTE at the PoM orb, but only reasonable explanation is that it chain agroed by trains.

The facts I know:
- Our guy (mage) was bound at PoM and got FTE after he returned to bind point naked after dying in Kael
- As far as I know, starting FTE race from bind spot at NToV should not give valid FTE
- Awakened took advantage of the situation and bullied us out of Yelinak and KSed LTK which was on our FTE timer
- Giving up on Yelinak was our own fault, getting KSed on LTK wasnt
- Server staff did nothing about it

And the reason I brought this up was because there clearly is pattern that rules aren't enforced or even understood the same way always, which leads to situations like this where nobody is sure who is wrong or right. And it gives unfair advantage to those who ruthlesly take advantage of the system and bully other guilds to give up mobs because they want to do the right thing and follow the rules.

As for Anons/Trak/A/A case, either Fugues or Breaken is clearly not telling the full story. So without better knowledge I can't be the judge of that, but it obviously matters in so far that the reliability of rest of the thread depends on it.

Pint
11-08-2016, 11:27 AM
You got locked into a telk FTE bc another guild dragged telk into north? How does telk even end up in a train to north unless someone intentionally pulls him out of his little room? Sounds like y'all got taken advantage of.

Culkasi
11-08-2016, 02:08 PM
You got locked into a telk FTE bc another guild dragged telk into north? How does telk even end up in a train to north unless someone intentionally pulls him out of his little room? Sounds like y'all got taken advantage of.

Well we don't know, because there (apparently) was no initial FTE - thats the big mystery. All we know for a fact is that our naked mage got FTE at PoM zoneline, and somehow we got forced to eat it.

Daldaen
11-08-2016, 02:54 PM
This sounds like a good mystery and I'd love to see some encounter logs if they record aggros before kill, and a good suspending if someone did get an FTE prior to CSG.

But I think the OP's prior purpose has been answered. Don't camp underneath spawns for server downs and log in to FTE said mobs. Log in mages to CotH, but not monks to FTE. /thread

Detoxx
11-09-2016, 12:20 AM
Well we don't know, because there (apparently) was no initial FTE - thats the big mystery. All we know for a fact is that our naked mage got FTE at PoM zoneline, and somehow we got forced to eat it.

Dont matter. Awakened will do an get away with whatever they want. So much so that its becoming awfully suspicious. Just like last night after a call was had with Sirken about the whole Vulak debacle, Awakrned did exactly what I heard with my own ears not to and as Sirken watched it unfold himself, nothing was done. They FTEd Koi with Rustles 45 minute timer running, had 90 people in zone, waited 35 minutes to pull Koi all while somehow the zone in got a massive train on their pull when they pull to LTK. Conveniently, this wiped out Rustle and CSG who had to wait for Koi to die before they could pull Vulak. As soon as Koi died they FTEd Vulak.

Shits a joke.

Ella`Ella
11-09-2016, 03:54 AM
Dont matter. Awakened will do an get away with whatever they want. So much so that its becoming awfully suspicious. Just like last night after a call was had with Sirken about the whole Vulak debacle, Awakrned did exactly what I heard with my own ears not to and as Sirken watched it unfold himself, nothing was done. They FTEd Koi with Rustles 45 minute timer running, had 90 people in zone, waited 35 minutes to pull Koi all while somehow the zone in got a massive train on their pull when they pull to LTK. Conveniently, this wiped out Rustle and CSG who had to wait for Koi to die before they could pull Vulak. As soon as Koi died they FTEd Vulak.

Shits a joke.

Stop being a little bitch. Suck it up. Fight again. And, if you have to, hit the petition forum.

Detoxx
11-09-2016, 04:08 AM
Stop being a little bitch. Suck it up. Fight again. And, if you have to, hit the petition forum.

Didn't affect me, I was an outsider looking in and I was still disgusted. Move along though, sir!

bktroost
11-09-2016, 02:46 PM
Didn't affect me, I was an outsider looking in and I was still disgusted. Move along though, sir!

I'm sure someone will petition someone. That's how it works when we all want each other's mutual destruction. Rustle got FTE on Vulak and I thought that was cool for them.

They asked us to help even though we got no loot. I was fine with it because I'd help anyone who needed it. I don't really care. It's a game.

Kill some mobs with friends. Have a good day.