PDA

View Full Version : Duxa's All In One Installer Tool

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Chrushev
11-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Version 0.15 is out! Link on front page is updated along with patch notes.

==============================================
v0.15 - November 19, 2013
- Added an option to revert to the original login screen (Opt 3). Note: You must have changed the login screen with v0.15 or later.
- Updated integrated EQemu Launcher to 1.81.
- Added an option to revert to the original underwater and low quality sound effects (Opt 7). Note: Supports v15 or later.
- Updated the integrated spellfile to v30.
==============================================

2 things have been added in this release due to user requests. Ability to revert back the login screen and underwater/sound effects. Please note however, you must have used v0.15 (this version) or a later version to make the initial changes, otherwise you can not revert. So if you have made the changes with version 0.14 or earlier, you can not revert by using v0.15.

As always, if you see any issues please report them either in here, PM or by emailing me.

inko
11-19-2013, 08:50 PM
You rock Chrushev, thanks so much!

Cyph
11-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Great work Chrushev, thank you very much :)

Dacuk
11-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Hi,

I just tried installing this for the first time. When I first booted up, it worked great, I was loving the music and everything. Then I camped out for a bit, and when I tried to log back in later on, I got this error. All the music stopped, the UI was still loadable, but all the setup I had done was gone. Any advice?

http://imgur.com/RYWDNZn

also then I checked the UIErrors log and saw these messages:
UIErrorLog created at Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013
[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child AccountButton in window main

[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child EQWebpageButton in window main

[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child HelpButton in window main

[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child ChatButton in window connect

Chrushev
11-20-2013, 04:38 AM
Hi,

I just tried installing this for the first time. When I first booted up, it worked great, I was loving the music and everything. Then I camped out for a bit, and when I tried to log back in later on, I got this error. All the music stopped, the UI was still loadable, but all the setup I had done was gone. Any advice?

also then I checked the UIErrors log and saw these messages:
UIErrorLog created at Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013
[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child AccountButton in window main

[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child EQWebpageButton in window main

[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child HelpButton in window main

[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child ChatButton in window connect

This is likely because you have spaces in your path name, not sure why but EQ has problems with this. Try moving EQ into C:\EverQuest or similar directory without any spaces or special characters (like parenthesis). Also disable UAC (it may be the cause for Access Denied error). And run as administrator (Right click on shortcut and Run As Administrator). You can set it to always run as Admin from Properties.

Chrushev
11-20-2013, 06:31 AM
It was brought to my attention that EQemu Launcher no longer supports patching for P99 (as of few weeks ago).

v0.16 includes details on how to manually patch (with direct link to the Rogean post). I still include EQemu Launcher as part of the install package (and an option) since auto patching may become available again at a later date. However during installation two shortcuts are now placed on the desktop EQemu Launcher and straigh EQ shortcuts. You may use either one.

==============================
v0.16 - November 20, 2013
- EQemu patching no longer supports P99 (it can still be used to launch the game, and may support patching in the future.)
- DuxaUI changes: group window's Invite/Reject buttons are now larger. (Thank you Vega for bringing to my attention that people wanted this and saving me time to edit the UI)
- Minor cosmetic fixes in the installer.
==============================

Link in the original post is updated.

Dacuk
11-20-2013, 01:39 PM
thanks for the advice, Chrusev. Running it as administrator got rid of that error. Awesome!

Auronis
11-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Hey Chrushev thanks for the great tool! I was wondering where this option is found in v.016 "Ability to revert back the login screen and underwater/sound effects."

I also was having trouble with my UI, I've loaded classic icons which work for the buff window but the player window doesn't seem to like them. Is it possible to remove the extra info from the player window (I just need the hp/xp bars) or get the classic icons in there? Thank you!

http://i43.tinypic.com/25gxwzc.jpg

gummab
12-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Hi i have been using duxaui for a while now,and i'm having an odd problem..

I have a special chatbox widow just for *spells-worn off.* Only problem is the filter spell-worn off no longer goes to this window or any other window i try to put the filter to,as of now i have to guess when root etc wears off(usually when it starts running at me.)

NOTE this has happened to all my toons just checked.Spell worn-off has run-off.

Anyone have any ideas?

Chrushev
12-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Hey Chrushev thanks for the great tool! I was wondering where this option is found in v.016 "Ability to revert back the login screen and underwater/sound effects."

I also was having trouble with my UI, I've loaded classic icons which work for the buff window but the player window doesn't seem to like them. Is it possible to remove the extra info from the player window (I just need the hp/xp bars) or get the classic icons in there? Thank you!

http://i43.tinypic.com/25gxwzc.jpg

The ability to revert is by running the same option that installs them. You should get a menu option. However, as I said before, this will only work if you have previously used version 16 to change them. If you changed them with a previous version then you can not revert.

As far as spell icons it seems like something messed up your ui files. Have you installed any other ui's? I would suggest running option (8) and reinstalling the icons.

Chrushev
12-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Hi i have been using duxaui for a while now,and i'm having an odd problem..

I have a special chatbox widow just for *spells-worn off.* Only problem is the filter spell-worn off no longer goes to this window or any other window i try to put the filter to,as of now i have to guess when root etc wears off(usually when it starts running at me.)

NOTE this has happened to all my toons just checked.Spell worn-off has run-off.

Anyone have any ideas?

Does it work with any other UI? If not, then there is a good chance this is not a "classic" feature and is disabled on the server... if it does work with other UIs then make sure that you set colors for text and transparency properly..

gummab
12-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Does it work with any other UI? If not, then there is a good chance this is not a "classic" feature and is disabled on the server... if it does work with other UIs then make sure that you set colors for text and transparency properly..

Just tried it on velious ui aswell,does not seem to work on that either,i know its a *classic* feature been using it for months,and the color has not been change from the original yellow text.
It's kinda bugging me now,going to try moving my ui configs out of eq directory see if i can start from scratch

Chrushev
12-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Just tried it on velious ui aswell,does not seem to work on that either,i know its a *classic* feature been using it for months,and the color has not been change from the original yellow text.
It's kinda bugging me now,going to try moving my ui configs out of eq directory see if i can start from scratch

keep in mind that your configuration could be the reason its not working. If I were you I would try on a fresh default UI, if it works there, then try installing other UIs.

Auronis
12-04-2013, 12:43 AM
The ability to revert is by running the same option that installs them. You should get a menu option. However, as I said before, this will only work if you have previously used version 16 to change them. If you changed them with a previous version then you can not revert.

As far as spell icons it seems like something messed up your ui files. Have you installed any other ui's? I would suggest running option (8) and reinstalling the icons.

Thanks Chrushev, for the sound I was able to replace the snd2.pfs file with the other you posted back in this thread.

For the UI, I'm still trying to get the icons working. I deleted all my UI's and ran the installer tool option 2, selected classic icons, and had the same problem with buff bar working and the player window blank. I then ran option 8 and chose Luclin icons. The Luclin icons show in the buff bar but not in the player window either. Is there any files in the EverQuest folder (not the uifiles folder) that I may have messed up or should replace? Appreciate your help!

Chrushev
12-04-2013, 01:27 AM
Thanks Chrushev, for the sound I was able to replace the snd2.pfs file with the other you posted back in this thread.

For the UI, I'm still trying to get the icons working. I deleted all my UI's and ran the installer tool option 2, selected classic icons, and had the same problem with buff bar working and the player window blank. I then ran option 8 and chose Luclin icons. The Luclin icons show in the buff bar but not in the player window either. Is there any files in the EverQuest folder (not the uifiles folder) that I may have messed up or should replace? Appreciate your help!

Its possible that your "default" UI is messed up somehow. All UIs rely on default UI files.

snwbrdr642
12-04-2013, 01:53 AM
is it possible that you could just include the classic loading/login screen files by themselves in the first post?

Chrushev
12-04-2013, 01:35 PM
is it possible that you could just include the classic loading/login screen files by themselves in the first post?

Option (3) does nothing else but allow you to change those. For all intents and purposes that is them, by themselves. Nothing else is changed/installed.

Auronis
12-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Its possible that your "default" UI is messed up somehow. All UIs rely on default UI files.

Yes this is possible and my suspicion now. I tried the "default" UI from this thread http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11949 (317 files total) and still have the same issues. Do you have a working default you can upload? I'll give anything a shot here, thank you for the help.

reborn649
12-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Do any bards using Duxai notice the casting bar disappears a lot? Soon as i play a song, the cast bar will disappear probably 75% of the time. Makes it a little rough to know exactly when the song goes off. I have talked to casters using Duxai and they havent noticed it, so maybe its just a bard thing. Is there some sort of setting i can try to fix it with?

any help is appreciated!

Wrathis
12-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Playing my bard ive noticed the same thing. I get confused and dont know if the song really goes off or if I fizzled it.

Chrushev
12-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Are you guys seeing this with any other UI? Velious or Default?

Savok
12-06-2013, 09:22 AM
It's a bard thing.

Auronis
12-06-2013, 11:25 AM

I tried reapplying the patch files (http://www.project1999.org/files/P99Files30.zip) to my default UI but still can't get the spell icons to show in the player window

Samoht Farstrider
12-06-2013, 06:39 PM
is there anyway to resize some of the windows (not chat window)?
I play at low resolution on my laptop and these window stake up a lot of room.

reborn649
12-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Are you guys seeing this with any other UI? Velious or Default?

Never used any other UI besides default and it never happened there. Of course i have been using duxai for like a year now. Seems like a recent thing because i never noticed it until like a month or so ago.

Warmonger
12-06-2013, 10:13 PM
In order to use this do I have to reinstall titanium?

Warmonger
12-07-2013, 02:17 AM
Hello all,
I have been having some issues. When I go from windowed mode to full screen I get the black screen of death. I have tried alt enter instead of changing it through the options and it makes no difference. Also I can't run eq at all unless setting Windowed mode to TRUE at the very beginning. Of antone has some ideas or work arounds it would be greatly appreciated.

Thulack
12-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Hello all,
I have been having some issues. When I go from windowed mode to full screen I get the black screen of death. I have tried alt enter instead of changing it through the options and it makes no difference. Also I can't run eq at all unless setting Windowed mode to TRUE at the very beginning. Of antone has some ideas or work arounds it would be greatly appreciated.

Have to play in windows mode if your using dual monitors which i presume you are.

Whiteberry
12-10-2013, 01:08 PM
hey all i was wondering if theres a reso support for 1366/768 i have it running in 1280/768 but its getting annoying and i have tried going into the .ini files an making sure that my reso is set to 1366/768 but no luck and its getting to be bother changing my reso bck and forth to play EQ and WoW any help? PM me pls if any help

Greymantle
12-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Does this UI have a feature to lock the spell bar so you can't click off spells?

Auronis
12-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Finally got this working right by deleting my old UI_Auronis_project1999.ini file, thanks for an awesome interface :)

Lirkci_Prexus
01-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Does Installer tool work for windows 8?

Chrushev
01-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Does Installer tool work for windows 8?

Yes

mdogornone
01-13-2014, 09:18 PM
after downloading and installing, i now can't access EQ in any format. I've tried running the .exe file, the "launch titanium" file, the eqemu. One of them allowed me to "log in" but then i saw no servers, this happened 3 times in a row.

Chrushev
01-13-2014, 09:28 PM
after downloading and installing, i now can't access EQ in any format. I've tried running the .exe file, the "launch titanium" file, the eqemu. One of them allowed me to "log in" but then i saw no servers, this happened 3 times in a row.

Is your EQ installed from Titanium version? Have you tried using shortcuts under start menu? When you say you cant access it, what do you mean by that?

mdogornone
01-13-2014, 09:53 PM
I had titanium version install yes, my solution was to completely uninstall, and then use your windowed fix with the eq.ini file, and the processor fix of your patch. It didn't run at first, and then it ran smoothly (finally).

mdogornone
01-13-2014, 09:54 PM
So a fresh install plus your processor fix seemed to do the trick, I am also going to reduce the FPS to 30 or so as someone suggested that helps

maximum
01-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Chrushev/Duxa,

The shortcut icons are a little confusing.

1. EverQuest (p99) - bypass EQemu
2. EQemu (Project99)

"EQemu" means the EQEmulator.org site (run by Rogean/Nilbog). It's not the Moetaverne EQ Launcher (that is no longer supported (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125062)).

Keep up the great work!

Tobius
01-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Had EQ working on this comp finally, even transferred my hotbuttons and key bindings from other laptop. Set the settings in the options all to max.

Logged out used Duxa for all the classicy fixes and I am now getting "error in your GUI xml files Check UIErrors.txt."

Either setting in game settings up messed it up upon camping or Duxa install has done something to it.

Ocaevia
01-16-2014, 12:10 AM
Is it possible to just get the UI Files so I can install them on my mac?

Bodybagger
01-18-2014, 01:30 PM
I had EQ back thanks to your installer... then this patch came and now I have no EQ again.... just in time for my WEEKEND. UGH! Please save me... I don't know what I am doing at all and can't find the files to add patch to them...

Thulack
01-18-2014, 01:37 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135889

1. Click link at top of first post.
2. Hit open with(winzip or 7zip or whatever you use)
3. Once it opens hit extract to.
4. Find your EQ folder and hit extract.
5. Click Yes to all for overwrites.

Bodybagger
01-18-2014, 02:00 PM
I cannot find the folder with EQ in it, it has somehow disappeared...

Okay I found it and did it and clicked yes to overwrite and still get same error on character page as before...

edit: apparently the files somehow got moved into my Toshiba folder and the other files I was seeing were unrelated. got characters on my char selection screen again. WOOT!

haank5
01-18-2014, 02:21 PM
key word there toshiba sigh :D

Litho
01-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Anyone know why the duxa UI chat windows cut off the lower part of text at the very bottom? This is in a new chat window.

Edit:

Figured out it was my resolution in windowed mode, I selected the resolution out of the installer, smaller window but meh, no more chopped off text in new windows.

Vidar
02-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Hi everyone,

What do i put in the Everquest exe/shortcut?

Sorry for the noob question.

Bazia
02-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Casey who are you playing in Nihilum these days

eisenfaust
02-06-2014, 01:45 PM
tried to DL and Norton just deleted it as a threat...

Neea
02-16-2014, 12:34 PM
I use the DuxaUI and like it very much. However, is there a way I can change <EQType>11</EQType> ( range ) to <EQType>4</EQType> ( right ear ) ?

I have tried copying the file to another folder to make changes, but cannot edit the file.

Any ideas?

Vetiver
02-16-2014, 01:10 PM
I use the DuxaUI and like it very much. However, is there a way I can change <EQType>11</EQType> ( range ) to <EQType>4</EQType> ( right ear ) ?

I have tried copying the file to another folder to make changes, but cannot edit the file.

Any ideas?

Do you just want to change the location? If so, just swap out the <x>/<y> on both slots. They'll move but keep the same value.

Neea
02-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Actually, I cannot edit the file. I open it in text, but cannot make any changes.

Smedy
02-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the ui duxa! Anyone have any ideas how to make 1x more of the available hotbutton windows to be vertical instead of horizontal? I'd prefer to have 2x Horizontal and 1x Vertical, instead of 2x Vertical and 1X horizontal.

Savok
02-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Check my sig for the other hot button layout options.

Raavak
02-17-2014, 10:47 AM
What do I have wrong? My "invite" and "follow" buttons sometimes don't work in the group window.

Vetiver
02-17-2014, 11:46 AM
What do I have wrong? My "invite" and "follow" buttons sometimes don't work in the group window.

What do you mean by don't work? Like when you try to invite someone, it just doesn't allow you to press the button?

Raavak
02-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Yeah, it doesn't press. And sometimes the follow will light up, but touching it with the pointer and clicking does nothing. I have to either keyboard shortcut or use the Action menu.

And other times it works.

big mouth chew
02-17-2014, 05:11 PM
weird, i never had any problems with default UI

Smedy
02-18-2014, 04:09 AM
Check my sig for the other hot button layout options.

thanks pal!

I would love to change the "attack noticiation" thing that's blinking red to be moved from the stats panel to the target panel , is that possible?

chewster get your unclassic luclin ui out of this thread

big mouth chew
02-18-2014, 11:06 AM
someone ask smedy for some 2-boxing tips or how to re-activate compass

oldhead
02-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Is there a way I can only install the player window?

I like the default UI. Just want to be able to see % of HP Mana and Exp.

Whoop
02-25-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm very found of much of the UI but I'm playing on a small screen so need to slim some stuff.

I can not replace the hotbutton window for some reason. Trying to use the default EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml the entire Duxa fails and default is loaded instead.

The reason I want to remove it is I don't want the inventory hotbuttons that are attached to button window 1.

Any ideas?

Whoop
02-25-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm very found of much of the UI but I'm playing on a small screen so need to slim some stuff.

I can not replace the hotbutton window for some reason. Trying to use the default EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml the entire Duxa fails and default is loaded instead.

The reason I want to remove it is I don't want the inventory hotbuttons that are attached to button window 1.

Any ideas?

did a quickfix by hiding hotbar 1 and enabled bar 3 )

Koota
03-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Love the UI set up, but I'd REALLY like if the target plate and casting bar were MUCH larger. Anyway to do this, or any suggestions on how to pick some up and add them in there or how to go about doing it?

Vandamwtc
03-30-2014, 09:41 AM
I have a question, I'm using the Duxa Velious UI, I installed the classic spell icons, and they appear correctly in my spell book, and my active effects bar, but not on my actual hotbar, or spell bar. How can I get the classic ones on ALL the bars?

Chrushev
03-30-2014, 04:18 PM
I have a question, I'm using the Duxa Velious UI, I installed the classic spell icons, and they appear correctly in my spell book, and my active effects bar, but not on my actual hotbar, or spell bar. How can I get the classic ones on ALL the bars?

Did you use any other UI's? Did you install Velious UI through the installer or by using the standalone?

Icon positions depend on default UI's settings, if you used any UI that modified those then layout will be messed up.

Vandamwtc
03-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Did you use any other UI's? Did you install Velious UI through the installer or by using the standalone?

Icon positions depend on default UI's settings, if you used any UI that modified those then layout will be messed up.

I did have a previous UI. The first time I noticed the icons on the spell and hotbed had errors, I wiped the folder completly, and used the install tool. It shows the spell icons, but the are different from the ones in the active effects, or buffs tab. That's the part that throws me.

Chrushev
03-30-2014, 07:39 PM
I did have a previous UI. The first time I noticed the icons on the spell and hotbed had errors, I wiped the folder completly, and used the install tool. It shows the spell icons, but the are different from the ones in the active effects, or buffs tab. That's the part that throws me.

Ok the installer does not replace the default UI folder, it relies on it being there. You may be able to get it back by either reinstalling or using the UI files from the official installation guide, I believe it provides Default folder with everything intact inside.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
Scroll down to:

Step 4 - Game Files
In order to play on Project 1999 servers you will need the required additional files. Download and extract the Project 1999 Files (V##) to your EQ Titanium Directory.

Trancemaster21
05-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Beautiful UI, but where is the casting bar? I can't see how much left i have in my spell cast. Something like quartz in world of warcraft.

Nashlyenin
05-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Hey, I was having issues running eq ie running in slow motion, casting slow and I ended up tinkering with some stuff. So I deleted eq off my computer and I'm currently trying to dl your all in one installer. However once I get to the directory page, it says please choose the directory eqtitanium will be installed to, and whatever I choose it iether says, that directory does not exist, or when I try to just browse through and choose my dl folder it states that, thats not where eq titanium was dl. Do I have to still dl a titanium client off a torrent first and then run your installer? Or did I mess up the directory that should be automatically chosen? Thanks.

Chrushev
05-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Hey, I was having issues running eq ie running in slow motion, casting slow and I ended up tinkering with some stuff. So I deleted eq off my computer and I'm currently trying to dl your all in one installer. However once I get to the directory page, it says please choose the directory eqtitanium will be installed to, and whatever I choose it iether says, that directory does not exist, or when I try to just browse through and choose my dl folder it states that, thats not where eq titanium was dl. Do I have to still dl a titanium client off a torrent first and then run your installer? Or did I mess up the directory that should be automatically chosen? Thanks.

You have to have the game already installed.

Chrushev
05-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Beautiful UI, but where is the casting bar? I can't see how much left i have in my spell cast. Something like quartz in world of warcraft.

The casting bar should be there. If its not showing up, check your key bindings for the shortcut to hide/show it. And see if its hidden.

Valdarious
05-14-2014, 08:01 AM
I must say that this UI and installer are great. I found it by watching a video on youtube and installed it last night.
Great addition to p99!

MilanderTruewield
06-11-2014, 04:08 AM
Hey there. Just wanted to bring something to your attention. In the last few days, the mouse curser hovering over items in loot window, buff icons, etc has stopped showing the timer, the item name, etc.

Don't know what happened, but myself and a few others I've spoken to who use this UI have said the same thing.

Again, thanks for a great product!

*EDIT: Disregard, rebooting fixed it?*

drelk001
06-12-2014, 05:56 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152119
DUXA! Please make these your new classic sounds for V:0.17, these are the actual classic sounds!
They also have classic spell effects...sorry

Primarch
06-15-2014, 05:25 PM
Nevermind, I got it.

katrik
06-23-2014, 03:20 AM
WHY isn't this stickied yet..!? = )

JadeAuto
06-24-2014, 09:19 AM
If you crash on load with Duxa UI on the latest patch, it's because the target con color was removed.

Delete the "StaticAnimation" and "UI2DAnimation" sections, and the 'piece' that references it in the EQUI_TargetWindow file, and save. Thils will at least get it working again.

Vega
06-24-2014, 09:48 AM
If you crash on load with Duxa UI on the latest patch, it's because the target con color was removed.

Delete the "StaticAnimation" and "UI2DAnimation" sections, and the 'piece' that references it in the EQUI_TargetWindow file, and save. Thils will at least get it working again.

That's odd. I'm having no issues with DuxaUI with the new patch. Perhaps I have an older version of it? Not sure.

Man0warr
06-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Ditto, no issues.

JadeAuto
06-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Strange. I was crashing every time I'd load the UI, until I tweaked the target window.

Valdarious
06-24-2014, 03:57 PM

I was not crashing but I performed these change and it messed everything up and the UI would no longer load. Once I put my old file back in, everything is working again. I dont get the colored target window but that is the issue with the new patch and not Duxa's.

cobhc3
07-19-2014, 12:14 PM
I have downloaded the installer and used it in hopes of getting the custom UI you have, but everytime I log in after installing the UI it is just the same old EQ UI. How do I change it?

Vega
07-19-2014, 02:53 PM
I have downloaded the installer and used it in hopes of getting the custom UI you have, but everytime I log in after installing the UI it is just the same old EQ UI. How do I change it?

/loadskin

A list of available UIs should then come up.

Akillez
07-22-2014, 08:36 PM
too much traffic link for download doesnt work ?

Yummyumm
07-22-2014, 10:07 PM
So I love the UI, but when using it, each time I click in the trade window or the group window (to confirm a trade or accept a group invite), EQ automatically switches from fullscreen to windowed mode. Anyone know why this might be?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Who are you and what are you doing with my name?

whatev
07-24-2014, 07:14 AM
I get a message that the file has been removed. Has it?

leewong
07-24-2014, 04:37 PM
I get a message that the file has been removed. Has it?

You can get Duxa's UI and my UIs at:
http://p99.yourfirefly.com/.

Images of my UIs and download mirrors are available at:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156209

Bump the thread if you like :)

whatev
07-26-2014, 03:12 AM
I was looking for the full installation & ui combined as that's how I've always installed/played it :)

Ferda
07-31-2014, 02:58 AM
hey does this still work? having troubles trying to install the game for windowns 8, I have everquest titanium and would love to get in game

Lopretni
07-31-2014, 03:44 AM
I was poking around in the XML file but I couldn't figure this out. On the regular Titanium UI, the target window has a colored background depending on how your target /cons meaning you don't have to do it manually which is really useful, but I couldn't figure out a way to restore this functionality with DuxaUI. I tried fiddling with any background options and even replaced the Target image file with the one from the classic UI but nothing.

hynch
07-31-2014, 04:06 AM
I was poking around in the XML file but I couldn't figure this out. On the regular Titanium UI, the target window has a colored background depending on how your target /cons meaning you don't have to do it manually which is really useful, but I couldn't figure out a way to restore this functionality with DuxaUI. I tried fiddling with any background options and even replaced the Target image file with the one from the classic UI but nothing.

This was removed on p99 in the last patch.

Lopretni
07-31-2014, 04:28 AM
This was removed on p99 in the last patch.

I should have known. :rolleyes:

drelk001
07-31-2014, 07:45 AM
I should have known. :rolleyes:

IDK why but when you said that it reminded me of

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/738EWaJ32i8/0.jpg

Abner
08-06-2014, 05:33 PM
The UI only dload won't work. It says too much dropbox traffic and has been disabled. /sniffle

Baraki
08-07-2014, 09:22 AM
I was having a hell of a time getting P99 installed last night, and then I found this. Thank you, Duxa - your installer is amazing!

Abner
08-07-2014, 10:02 AM
I was having a hell of a time getting P99 installed last night, and then I found this. Thank you, Duxa - your installer is amazing!

You downloaded it last night? I am still getting a message that they have too much traffic and have been shut down.

Baraki
08-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Yep; had no problems here. Actually I was having a number of problems, but Duxa's thingy fixed 'em all :)

Abner
08-07-2014, 10:06 AM
OK I found the mirror download site woot ty

tanknspank
08-09-2014, 02:46 PM
I used the installed app for this, but the target window is just a plain bar with no background. Is there a way to add a dark/textured background like the player/group window to it? If find it hard to read the name of my target without it and would prefer the side % instead of on top.

JayN
08-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Bump any other spots to dl this? had to do fresh install

Chrushev
09-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Bump any other spots to dl this? had to do fresh install

Looks like my server ran out of bandwidth. I added 2 more mirrors for downloading the Installer. All 3 mirrors are on the first page in the first post. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

As far as those mentioning background color on target window, this functionality was removed from P99 as its not a Vanilla EQ feature.

katrik
09-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Duxa..!

I have a question sweety..

I just bought a new computer, its a simple Corei5 Windows 8 rig,

I just did a fresh install, used Duxa's like I usually do, and did the 'fix multi core issue' button, but nothing really changes on the installer, really just sticks a new button to click to start up, and I still get the same error message. Am I doing something wrong..? I'm not terribly computer literate like the rest of you are..

Love,

Kat

katrik
09-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Tried WinEQ2, after some research.. still no luck..! I think i'm jinxed.. still getting this awful error.. major sadface =(
http://i.imgur.com/vTRXvf5.jpg?1

katrik
09-06-2014, 08:56 PM
bump..! I also tried modifying the .ini file from Gotrocks' FAQ.. still no luck... =(

PEpwnzya
10-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Installed the allinstaller, and when it starts says new version available, but when i install it, says that it could not overwrite the old file and it becomes an endless loop of new version available, want to install.

So i just skip it and load into p1999 server and at char select, says my spells are out-dated and to goto p99 homepage to fix it.

Before i installed Duax i loged in and played, what is the matter? anyone?

Zanluo
10-08-2014, 03:40 AM
I had the same problem to resolve it you will need to still need to install the project1999 files into the EQ folder then it will work after you do that.

Deadlyfury
10-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Loving the all installer! Just might need to update the spell files, but love the DuxaUI!

Again thanks!

MoleUK
10-16-2014, 12:03 PM
Yeah this broke my client, won't update spell list.

MoleUK
10-16-2014, 12:16 PM
And the duxaUI that I can load up looks absolutely nothing like the screenshots, so i'm guessing something went wrong on the install. Velious UI works fine though.

MoleUK
10-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Any chance there's a new download link for just the UI? The one in the OP is broken.

MoleUK
10-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Actually, found one here for anyone that needs the standalone:

http://p99.yourfirefly.com/

All working great now.

fwank000
10-16-2014, 02:13 PM
error message dsetup.dill missing?

Path0gen
10-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Yeah, same happens to me

Samoht Farstrider
10-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Have a few questions after watching some videos.

1) How do I make the damage show up as numbers only?
2) How do I make new chat window pop up when someone sends a tell?
3) How do I make multiple hotkey banks show up?

Mordyth
11-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Tried WinEQ2, after some research.. still no luck..! I think i'm jinxed.. still getting this awful error.. major sadface =(

Change your windowed size

Erock KVen
11-26-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure if this is still a live thread or if the creator is still around or what the deal is. I'm new to the game and was running Casey2.9 UI which I loved, until I got my first "clicky" and realized I couldn't switch "clickys" on my bars.

I ended up downloading this UI because there is no nostalgia factor in using the old UI for me as I have never played the game. However what I'm wondering is if there is a way to get Vertical Bars and Horizontal Bars instead of the 2x5 stuff. Any help is appreciated.

WolfsongReborn
12-03-2014, 12:59 PM
The link to the UI by itself says the dropbox user's account has been disabled due to high traffic?

Chrushev
12-05-2014, 06:33 AM

Its likely you are selecting wrong resolution when installing. Change it to your motinor's resolution. here is how:

Solution: Go to where EQ is installed and find "eqclient.ini" open it with notepad and find the line that says "WindowedMode=TRUE" and set it to "FALSE", also check to make sure that lines "Width=<number>" and "Height=<number" are set to your monitor's resolution.

Chrushev
12-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Installed the allinstaller, and when it starts says new version available, but when i install it, says that it could not overwrite the old file and it becomes an endless loop of new version available, want to install.

So i just skip it and load into p1999 server and at char select, says my spells are out-dated and to goto p99 homepage to fix it.

Before i installed Duax i loged in and played, what is the matter? anyone?

Yes, I used to rely on EQemu launcher to auto update the spellfiles, but P99 and EQemu partnership ended some time ago, so they no longer update the files. you have to do it manually now.

Chrushev
12-05-2014, 06:34 AM
And the duxaUI that I can load up looks absolutely nothing like the screenshots, so i'm guessing something went wrong on the install. Velious UI works fine though.

It relies on Default UI that comes with titanium, if you modified that in any way then you will have a messed up DuxaUI

Chrushev
12-05-2014, 06:37 AM
error message dsetup.dill missing?

Yeah, same happens to me

There is a sticky post in the Technical forum. This is because your antivirus flagged and deleted that file. This file is provided by Project 1999 staff and has nothing to do with my Installer. You need to whitelist the file in your antivirus. its a false positive and there is actually no virus in there. More info here - http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164472

Chrushev
12-05-2014, 06:40 AM
The link to the UI by itself says the dropbox user's account has been disabled due to high traffic?

Fixed

HippoNipple
01-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Are there any modifications that can be added to this? I have seen some cool UIs on project 1999 with horizontal buff bars, larger target health bars, etc. Wasn't sure if it was a modified Duxa or a completely different interface.

Rompar
01-08-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm wondering the same thing as Hippo. I would really like to have my buffs larger and a larger targeting bar.

Chrushev
01-09-2015, 05:28 AM
You should be able to add / remove individual modules of the UI and replace them with whatever you want. When you install the UI its in the "duxaui" folder.

HippoNipple
01-09-2015, 11:02 AM
You should be able to add / remove individual modules of the UI and replace them with whatever you want. When you install the UI its in the "duxaui" folder.

Are you suggesting I go somewhere like eqinterface and find an adjustment I like to drop into the folder? I was hesitant just because that stuff is mostly made for current versions of EQ.

I don't really know where I would go to find a horizontal buff bar or larger target health bar to the Duxa interface.

Thyrm
01-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Are you suggesting I go somewhere like eqinterface and find an adjustment I like to drop into the folder? I was hesitant just because that stuff is mostly made for current versions of EQ.

I don't really know where I would go to find a horizontal buff bar or larger target health bar to the Duxa interface.

Duxa comes with one horizontal bar, it's HB4. Open your key bindings and set a key to open HB4.

I copied the target bar from Vert because I didn't like the Duxa one, but I imagine you could copy whatever target box you prefer.

HippoNipple
01-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Duxa comes with one horizontal bar, it's HB4. Open your key bindings and set a key to open HB4.

I copied the target bar from Vert because I didn't like the Duxa one, but I imagine you could copy whatever target box you prefer.

I was wanting a horizontal buff bar not hot keys.... I guess I can go through eqinterface.com and look around. It just might be a headache if things aren't compatible. I have only seen 2 custom UIs posted on project1999 and neither of them seem to have what I am looking for.

I was hoping some of the smart folks of this community had some cool modifications they had found that they would share which would result in me simply clicking a download link and copying/pasting into my UI folder. I want someone smart to make this happen for me.

Thyrm
01-09-2015, 05:05 PM
I was wanting a horizontal buff bar not hot keys.... I guess I can go through eqinterface.com and look around. It just might be a headache if things aren't compatible. I have only seen 2 custom UIs posted on project1999 and neither of them seem to have what I am looking for.

I was hoping some of the smart folks of this community had some cool modifications they had found that they would share which would result in me simply clicking a download link and copying/pasting into my UI folder. I want someone smart to make this happen for me.

Misread, only horizontal buff bar I know of is the default ui, if you drag it out that way.

Chrushev
01-09-2015, 06:20 PM

It is unlikely that UI's made for current version of EQ will work. You have to use UIs made for P99 (this includes default P99 UI)

Putteliten
01-09-2015, 09:43 PM
Do it still work? It has not been updated for some time.

Chrushev
01-10-2015, 07:54 AM
Do it still work? It has not been updated for some time.

It works for everything except latest spell files, those you have to grab manually from P99 here http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files36.zip latest as of this post.

kunark_lizzie
01-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Is it possible to convert hotbar 2 and or 3 to horizontal like hotbar 4 is in Duxaui? If so, how?

Weidar
01-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Really nice and clean UI, i installed it and added the files that Crushev links to, works like an enchanters charm. :)

Siberious
01-22-2015, 09:57 PM
When I log out after setting up my UI, the next time I log in my windows are thrown all over the screen as if I hadn't set up the UI before. The hotkeys and buttons are all set up, just the chat windows etc were not saved.

What can I do to fix this? Didn't see anything on the original post, and thought this would be quicker then looking through 64 pages hoping to find a similar reply.

Thanks,
Borogovia

Siberious
01-22-2015, 10:04 PM
I almost always do /exit, if I simply camp it should be good?

Tobius
02-12-2015, 07:05 PM
Just used this on the new laptop (thanks)

Helm transparency patch threw up an error message....

Does this include "classic spell particles" and "make EQ look significantly better graphically"?

Videri
02-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Looks like a fair number of people want more than 1 horizontal hotbar. Luckily for us, one Savok created sets of up to 4 horizontal or vertical hotbars, available here:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7850

Telin
02-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Just used this on the new laptop (thanks)

Helm transparency patch threw up an error message....

Does this include "classic spell particles"?

I can say that the classic spell particles are now part of every p99 patch, no additional files from other sources are necessary

ronasch
02-28-2015, 01:49 AM
Where do I save, the choose spell gems between classic/luclin and titanium spell gem icons?

Drew300
03-03-2015, 09:41 PM
I just tried to update to this and now I cant get to char screen. Says memory error click ok to terminate it. I turned off anti virus when downloaded
please help

Drew300
03-03-2015, 09:56 PM
I found the answer in a previous page. Thanks

mattkwi
03-12-2015, 10:37 AM
Receive the following error on option 7 for higher quality sounds.

sn2pfs: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC) and won't let me complete. Rest of options work.

DevGrousis
04-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Is there any special instructions for someone who is using a Mac with the Wine setup?

I am trying to download the standalone DUXA UI, and it was a .rar file. My mac no comprende.

Also, if i'm downloading the high res stadnalone files, where do i drop them into?

thanks, and sorry for being so darn confused haha

Jayneweigh
04-16-2015, 10:27 AM
I downloaded the UI and when I try to unzip them into my UI folder I get the following error, "Extracting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\eqp99\uifiles\DuxaUI_Standalone (1)\"
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Irrecoverable Error: File creation error."

I'm not a computer expert or techie, so not sure what I'm doing wrong or what the problem is. I really like this UI and would like to have it but not sure what to do now to get it. Any suggestions?

Savok
04-17-2015, 07:54 AM
Make sure your UI folder has no spaces in it. IE 'DuxaUI' is fine but 'Duxa UI' is not.

Jayneweigh
04-17-2015, 10:07 AM
There's no spaces in the folder name, still having the same problem :(

Jayneweigh
04-17-2015, 10:36 AM
GAH! Nevermind, I was just being stupid. The files were already unzipped, I just needed to move them to the right folder. It looks great!!! So much better than the default UI. Thanks for the response! Happy Hunting!

Corvid
04-26-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm really liking this UI, but I've also been spending time on EQ Live and wondering if there's a version of Duxa that might work with it. Anyone know, or at least something very similar?

milleirish
05-09-2015, 01:11 PM
If you already installed the game and played it a bit, can I still download this and install it with out it damaging the game?

Casey VII
05-09-2015, 04:03 PM
If you already installed the game and played it a bit, can I still download this and install it with out it damaging the game?

yes

rittmeister
05-23-2015, 09:09 AM

It will overwrite all your spells, and the server wont let you login.
You will have to re-download the update package from P1999 (or unpack it new). It will also overwrite your keyboard controls with the default, so you might want to back that up before too...
All the fancy Loader Art doesn't display correctly. I used the "Thule" Picture, but it only displays 1/4 of it. looks terrible. And all the login-window alternatives look terrible too, only one that works was "original".

rittmeister
05-23-2015, 10:37 AM
Your DuxaInstaller ist identified as MALWARE by Comodo Internet Security, btw.
Are you sure it's clean? Why do you think it is labeled malware? I guess because you used some kind of packager to pack all the batch files into an exe or something...
I hope it doesn't really have some malware in it.

PS. I still recommend CIS. It's a great Firewall + Antivirus. You just need to configure it a little bit, but then it's a lot better than say AVG, Avast, Avira, Outpost, Zonealarm, etc... better than any other FW+AV I tested so far.

rittmeister
05-24-2015, 12:04 PM
Update on the malware issue:
https://forums.comodo.com/av-false-positivenegative-detection-reporting/fp-everquestp1999-custom-ui-installer-duxaui-t111222.0.html

it's cleared officially.

username17
05-25-2015, 08:28 AM
Just started using this recently. Absolutely amazing.

lurok1
05-25-2015, 02:09 PM
Installed this fantastic UI last night along with the multi core cpu fix. Worked Flawlessly on my windows 8 machine , game looks better than ever now at 1080p I tend to get lost a lot so I need that cartography in my life. Going to play with that next.

Draulius
07-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I've tried installing this mod and when I get to the character selection screen there's no UI. Any help?

EDIT: This seems to only happen with windowed 640x480. Secondly, when I try to use 640x480 fullscreen the game crashes.

Chrushev
07-15-2015, 10:36 PM
Is there any special instructions for someone who is using a Mac with the Wine setup?

I am trying to download the standalone DUXA UI, and it was a .rar file. My mac no comprende.

Also, if i'm downloading the high res stadnalone files, where do i drop them into?

thanks, and sorry for being so darn confused haha

You can unrar files using unrarx for MacOS.

Chrushev
07-15-2015, 10:40 PM
I've tried installing this mod and when I get to the character selection screen there's no UI. Any help?

EDIT: This seems to only happen with windowed 640x480. Secondly, when I try to use 640x480 fullscreen the game crashes.

If it only happens at 640x480 resolutions then there is some sort of compatibility issue. What windows version are you on? Starting with Windows Vista officially supported minimum resolution is 800x600

mystang89
07-28-2015, 08:38 AM
Is there a way I can just take the xp bar out and use it? I'm using velious default right now and like everything about it except it doesn't have a percentage next to xp.

Somepeople mentioned this mod but the description says I have to download the entire thing.

Chrushev
07-28-2015, 02:10 PM
Is there a way I can just take the xp bar out and use it? I'm using velious default right now and like everything about it except it doesn't have a percentage next to xp.

Somepeople mentioned this mod but the description says I have to download the entire thing.

No, there are too many dependencies and most pieces of the UI will not work by themselves.

Greymantle
08-10-2015, 04:50 PM
I don't see the timers on buffs anymore was this disabled in last patch?

Captiv8
08-10-2015, 05:24 PM
I don't see the timers on buffs anymore was this disabled in last patch?

Yes.Check the many threads in server chat.

fishingme
08-13-2015, 07:47 AM
The velious ui that is involved with the duxa installer has all the natural hot keys/ abilities like sit, kick, and slam all in a nearly invisible white color (difficult to read) is there anyway to fix this?

Sillyturtle
10-04-2015, 11:01 AM
I just installed this. The only issue I am having is that I cannot find my BUff Bar. I can't see my buffs or things like poisons on me. The UI Hotkey for that is ALT B, but it does nothing.

Any advice?

Sillyturtle
10-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Found it. It was hidden off the screen. I was able to snag the part of the ui that lets you drag it, which was purely by luck because it's completely transparent.

Krov
10-06-2015, 06:10 PM
what folder do you drop the files into if you have the game installed already?

Morlaeth
10-12-2015, 08:31 PM
How do you get a solid target bar? I see people with that version.

Guter VonBashin
10-14-2015, 12:47 PM
I downloaded an ran Duxa's all in one installer today. I took note of the warning about the spell files and sure enough, I need to update those files. The link provided in the warning takes me to a page that does not exist. As suggested by various posts here, I copied my original files back to the game directory. However, that has not solved my problem. The log in screen still states that I need to update my spell files. Is there a location where I can find these specific files? If I knew what directory I was looking for, I'm sure I could fix it.

Guter VonBashin
10-14-2015, 12:56 PM
I just found what I was looking for! so NM! :)

kallell
10-17-2015, 12:09 AM
This is so awesome...however it's still a bit small for 2560 x 1440 reso, is there an easy way to tweak the UI?

Truhart
11-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Can I use the game off steam as my starting point?

Savok
11-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Can I use the game off steam as my starting point?

No.

Dioc
11-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Hi everybody,

I have been trying to get this installed, everything runs smoothly except for when I try to log in it says my spells files are out of date. The link posted in this thread no longer works. Does anybody have an updated spell file so I can use this UI?

Thank you for any help.

Weidar
11-15-2015, 07:21 AM
Hi everybody,

I have been trying to get this installed, everything runs smoothly except for when I try to log in it says my spells files are out of date. The link posted in this thread no longer works. Does anybody have an updated spell file so I can use this UI?

Thank you for any help.
You probably need the Velious update.

http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files40.zip

Files are found in this guide
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

kujien1
11-16-2015, 05:58 PM
ever since i download the all in one installer and went through everything when i go to full screen I get an error saying something like cannot read ooooxblah blah and then it shuts down

edit : I tried using alt + enter and the fullscreen option in game

en1ma
12-15-2015, 01:59 AM
Does anyone know how to get this to work on current live servers? Willing to pay..

Woofsta
02-15-2016, 12:22 AM
ever since i download the all in one installer and went through everything when i go to full screen I get an error saying something like cannot read ooooxblah blah and then it shuts down

edit : I tried using alt + enter and the fullscreen option in game

I'm having the same issue. Says there's a memory problem.

Nytsierie
04-16-2016, 06:36 AM
Hi guys, I have a problem with duxa UI. I played in 1900x1080 resolution and when I use the UI, spells & songs windows doesn't appear, if I switch to a lower resolution like 1600x900 I have them.
How can I fix this please ?

Thanks

StephenD
04-17-2016, 10:43 PM
OK, I'm old and have a little trouble with the computer sometimes, that's my excuse anyway.
I downloaded the zip file and opened it in my "uifiles" folder. Is there something else I need to do? I'm using windowz 10.
In game, I select this skin from the options menu but there is no change to my interface. I am running on the second from highest resolution.
Thanks.

Gumbo
05-08-2016, 06:10 PM
I don't know if this has been asked before because I don't feel like toggling through 69 pages of posts...

Is it possible to change the Pet status box so it shows either a percentage of health or the pet's health as a number. It would just be a copy version of the characters HP, Mana and Endurance bars with the green HP numbers and the Blue Mana numbers.

Has this been done before or could this be done as an update?

HedleyKow
05-08-2016, 08:50 PM
I don't know if this has been asked before because I don't feel like toggling through 69 pages of posts...

Is it possible to change the Pet status box so it shows either a percentage of health or the pet's health as a number. It would just be a copy version of the characters HP, Mana and Endurance bars with the green HP numbers and the Blue Mana numbers.

Don't think you can display pet's HP as a number, but you can definitely have a percentage for pet's health in the pet window because my pet window has one. I'm using qqui UI, so you could try dowloading that and either using that pet window or looking at the code to figure out how to modify the Duxa window to have it.

bushidobull
05-17-2016, 09:36 AM
I would like to get the Spell Buff / Affect window in a horizontal angle.

Baadan
06-16-2016, 01:32 AM
Can the clickable icons in the custom hotbar window be changed?

I'd like to have Chest and Wrist1 there, like so: https://i.imgur.com/WHQ2wUr.png

Hakubi
07-12-2016, 03:38 AM
Dropped the stand alone UI into my uifiles folder, go into game, load ui and it just flashes the screen after 2 seconds and goes back to default UI... any ideas?

Only thing of note is I am using WinEQ2

Chiana
10-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Love the UI, thank you! One question. I hate the elementals looking like blobs, any way to put them back to what they looked like before I installed Duxa?

Chiana

TheLittlestBiking
10-13-2016, 10:34 PM
i downloaded it and it is saying spell list outdated and my character no longer shows up help!

Belban
10-14-2016, 07:05 PM
I am trying to start playing p99 and found this so,, with a fresh install of titanium i used this but i think it's trying to log in on sony servers. it says my password is wrong.

filoufil
10-31-2016, 04:36 PM

Answering an old post but I had the same problem:

Open up the EQUI_PetInfoWindow with notepad and change those 2 lines at the end from:

<!--<Pieces>PIW_Pet_HPLabel</Pieces>
<Pieces>PIW_Pet_HPPercLabel</Pieces>-->

to:

<Pieces>PIW_Pet_HPLabel</Pieces>
<!--<Pieces>PIW_Pet_HPPercLabel</Pieces>-->

Tadam!

Gumbo
10-31-2016, 06:55 PM
Answering an old post but I had the same problem:

Open up the EQUI_PetInfoWindow with notepad and change those 2 lines at the end from:

to:

Tadam!

I'll have to edit the file and try this out later. Thanks again...

filoufil
10-31-2016, 08:33 PM
What I havent figured out is a way to have mana displayed the same way as HP.

Having current mana AND max mana instead of just the current amount

Waldo76
11-01-2016, 01:37 PM
What I havent figured out is a way to have mana displayed the same way as HP.

Having current mana AND max mana instead of just the current amount

This can be done by changing EQTYPE 124 to 128.

Gumbo
11-01-2016, 04:57 PM
This can be done by changing EQTYPE 124 to 128.

Which file is this line located in?

Waldo76
11-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Which file is this line located in?

This should be in EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml

So
<EQType>124</EQType>

Becomes
<EQType>128</EQType>

A list of all the EQTypes can be found on EQInterface here (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18784).

filoufil
11-03-2016, 01:52 AM
This should be in EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml

So
<EQType>124</EQType>

Becomes
<EQType>128</EQType>

A list of all the EQTypes can be found on EQInterface here (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18784).

Thanks!

Shaun
12-03-2016, 03:05 PM
this fucked up my game totally still trying to get it back working

Gumbo
12-03-2016, 08:41 PM
this fucked up my game totally still trying to get it back working

Just edit the file and change it back to <EQType>124</EQType>

If your game is still messed up then you may have different problems.

Gafador
12-15-2016, 06:34 PM
Can anyone confirm if they have added a Velious login screen yet or do you just have the Kunark/Classic options?

Doujou
01-23-2017, 09:37 PM
How do I get "just" the big spell bar for my UI? Which files are they? I like my current UI but love that big spell bar. Have tried moving some files over but haven't been successful.

ffemtmike
03-18-2017, 01:56 PM
Got it to load, but I still am doing something wrong. The features are different.

A1rh3ad
03-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Not a huge fan of the ui. The bag slots are unnecessary and just add size, gem slots bulky and too big, the inventory is the jumbled mess type with rows instead of common sense gear placement and the buff icons are vertical. I Like my windows and buttons in a row on the bottom. This ui doesn't fit my needs but I can see how others may like it.

Knowmercy
04-20-2017, 10:20 AM
/sal duxui.

im trying to use duxui spell gems (numbers and spell name) with qqui casters (just spell name). any idea what files would need to move/remove to make this happen?

NatPagle
04-24-2017, 11:56 AM
I'm having a brain fart moment so please forgive me... Can anyone help me completely roll back changes to before installing DuxaUI? Thanks!

fepy
05-15-2017, 05:10 PM
i've been trying to get this ui for a long time but its not working on TLP progression (live servers)

does anyone have a fix for this? literally love everything about this ui but can't get it to work off of p99

Allandra
05-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Hiya,

I noticed in a video if you use Alt, you can see your spell counter number on the right hand side. Anyone know how to use it? When I click Alt - it just shows the name of the spell.

Thanks in advance

RedSlave
05-16-2017, 02:48 PM
How do you get the ground targeting rings to show up (they're visible in the first few screenshots).

Sorry if its been asked before, but this thread is 71 pages long.

VII
05-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Hey guys!

I wanted to make the target bar's background just like the cast bar background. same color, borderless little rectangle to outline the target as the cast bar has. so they match.

how could one do this? thanks!

Tudana
05-16-2017, 09:59 PM
is there a step by step idiot proof set of instructions somewhere on exactly how to install and launch this to play P99?

Tudana
05-17-2017, 04:38 PM
is there a step by step idiot proof set of instructions somewhere on exactly how to install and launch this to play P99?
I had to have a friend log in to my PC and help to find my issue. I am still not sure what it was, we removed and clean installed titanium and used the P99 log in method without this addon. :(

I will try again after my "jonesing" for EQ has been quelled some. I am returning after two years away...

This program and UI looks really nice.

Great job

Phenyo
05-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Is there a way to get this working on the TLP servers?

Vileintent
06-18-2017, 11:33 PM
my EQ now crashes after using this. is there a way to uninstall this? or do i need to reinstall the game again?

Chrushev
07-19-2017, 03:55 PM
my EQ now crashes after using this. is there a way to uninstall this? or do i need to reinstall the game again?

What did you install? Everything? Removing the UI from the ui folder will probably stop the crashes.

Here is a mirror link in case original 3 go down https://mega.nz/#!mgNFXDLa!8op3k53bPuwEFl5iZjhq1307Sm4mLDh93gIXatd YsG0

Chrushev
07-20-2017, 12:27 AM
I logged in today for the first time in over a year to see if the UI/Installer needs any updates. (Into the game that is, I do still check this thread regularly). But everything seems to be working well. The underwater sound cutting out is still an issue with default and this fixes it. The Loading screens and login screen customization still works. The porthole for helmets fix still works, the music/sound upgrade works. The stutter fix works. Spellgem changer works.I even tried running the game with the UI at 1440p and it looks fine.

Glad to see everything is still working well, its been nearly 7 years since original release.

Few things that are broken are:

- You obviously need the latest spellfile, the built in one is out of date
- eqEmu has had newer releases and that functionality doesnt work as well as it should. The baked in one is actually from when EQemu and P99 first started working together. Then that relationship broke, but it looks like they are working together again? (I may be wrong). If I do another release ill certainly include the new eqemu if it works well with P99.

So Im not going to make any updates for now... I noticed that they changed forum rules and I am unable to edit the original post anymore.... so unless they give me rights to edit that post Ill have to make a new thread if any more releases are made.

cwilson
08-16-2017, 12:05 PM
I am unable to edit the original post anymore.... so unless they give me rights to edit that post Ill have to make a new thread if any more releases are made.

Will you add a post to this thread if you do an update and start a new thread?

EDIT: I had no issues loading your UI and loading back to the original(s). Thanks for the update on what's still broke.

Goodest
08-16-2017, 05:21 PM
I logged in today for the first time in over a year to see if the UI/Installer needs any updates. (Into the game that is, I do still check this thread regularly). But everything seems to be working well. The underwater sound cutting out is still an issue with default and this fixes it. The Loading screens and login screen customization still works. The porthole for helmets fix still works, the music/sound upgrade works. The stutter fix works. Spellgem changer works.I even tried running the game with the UI at 1440p and it looks fine.

Glad to see everything is still working well, its been nearly 7 years since original release.

Few things that are broken are:

- You obviously need the latest spellfile, the built in one is out of date
- eqEmu has had newer releases and that functionality doesnt work as well as it should. The baked in one is actually from when EQemu and P99 first started working together. Then that relationship broke, but it looks like they are working together again? (I may be wrong). If I do another release ill certainly include the new eqemu if it works well with P99.

So Im not going to make any updates for now... I noticed that they changed forum rules and I am unable to edit the original post anymore.... so unless they give me rights to edit that post Ill have to make a new thread if any more releases are made.

love the work sir use it and point users to it good work sir.

LiQuid
09-18-2017, 03:04 PM
Anyone know where I can find this Duxa variant? Most interested in the color

https://i.imgur.com/kleq7FA.png

abshifflett
11-26-2017, 01:52 PM
*DO NOT* perform option 11. It WILL fuck up your install. I had to reinstall project199 from scratch because it crashed when reaching character selection after performing this option. Don't do it or you'll really regret it. I promise you.

"(11) - Shrink EQ: TItanium Install (Removes all files not needed for Project 1999 after Velious about 1.68 GB)."

scrapiron7
12-02-2017, 03:30 PM
I need some help. My spellbook and the effects windows have the new icons, but my spell bar and action bars still have the old gems. I ran the install for the new gems. Any ideas?

strutter99
12-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know how to get the pet window to show pet buffs? I've looked through as many pages as possible but cant go through 72. Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks

Bristlebaner
12-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know how to get the pet window to show pet buffs? I've looked through as many pages as possible but cant go through 72. Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks

That isn't a supported feature on P99.

Hibbs
01-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Could you use this as base files for Titanium if you don't have the disk's??

maximum
03-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Bump for great justice! Love the tweaks and the UI!

anarchy_84
03-30-2018, 04:25 PM
Hello. I installed the UI and it's working well, however my UI elements are insanely small on a 3200x1800 monitor. Is there any way to scale up the UI without changing the resolution?

https://i.imgur.com/UI6Lzro.jpg

macleod76
05-08-2018, 04:19 PM
After installing i do not have any of the new ui boxes or bars. everything is old school. only thing this really did was change to windowed format for me.

Triiz
05-08-2018, 04:34 PM
After installing i do not have any of the new ui boxes or bars. everything is old school. only thing this really did was change to windowed format for me.

You have to load the UI.

/loadskin Duxaui (that's the default, it will be /loadskin whatever you named it)

Silvara
05-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Hello! I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 and Titanium. I backed up my old P99 folder of course.

When I am trying to use the Duxa UI installer to trim down the unused files from titanium it is not working. It just says file not found and goes down a list and craps out. I have tried running it inside the P99 directory and nothing seems to work. It worked for me in the past. Any ideas?

Also does anyone know where the tip files are stored?

VII
05-11-2018, 01:17 PM
Anyone know which element to modify to see % health for pet bar? Similar to target hp %?

VII
05-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Anyone know which element to modify to see % health for pet bar? Similar to target hp %?

closer view of missing % amount

the only difference i see in the code is that the "EQUI_PetInfoWindow" file has a font type 1 where the "EQUI_TargetWindow" does not for the "PIW_Pet_HPPercLabel" value. does Font value 1 hide the text? I don't want to break anything.

Sguchi
05-11-2018, 02:11 PM
Thanks for this!

greasemonk
05-11-2018, 06:02 PM
I recommend checking this file at: https://www.virustotal.com/

Install at your own risk.

Gumbo
05-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Check out this page link as the discussion about changing the pet health % bar...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28335&page=69

VII
05-16-2018, 01:46 PM
Check out this page link as the discussion about changing the pet health % bar...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28335&page=69

Gumbo, thank you! that helped! I now can see the HP as a number! Do you know how I can get the font the same size as the target bar? And move it up slightly?

Provided picture to show.

Triiz
05-16-2018, 01:53 PM
Gumbo, thank you! that helped! I now can see the HP as a number! Do you know how I can get the font the same size as the target bar? And move it up slightly?

Provided picture to show.

Change the <font>#</font> to a bigger number.

To move it up change the <y>#</y> in between <location></location>. Save it, reload UI, continue until you get it where you want it.

Edit: Forgot to mention but lower numbers (towards 0) in between <y></y> moves it up, and higher numbers (towards 100) moves it lower on the gauge.

VII
05-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Change the <font>#</font> to a bigger number.

To move it up change the <y>#</y> in between <location></location>. Save it, reload UI, continue until you get it where you want it.

Edit: Forgot to mention but lower numbers (towards 0) in between <y></y> moves it up, and higher numbers (towards 100) moves it lower on the gauge.

beautiful, thank you!

Gumbo
05-16-2018, 07:49 PM
VII, I suggest that you copy and paste the code to make it easier for others to make the changes if they want too.

VII
05-16-2018, 08:20 PM
VII, I suggest that you copy and paste the code to make it easier for others to make the changes if they want too.

Sure! It was just like you linked. Just navigate over to your Everquest/uifiles/duxaui folder and open the "EQUI_PetInfoWindow" using a basic text editor, I prefer Notepad++

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the file and change the follow values:

to:

VII
05-28-2018, 02:48 PM
So i ran into a new issue with my placement of the health. Works great for shorter pet names, however if i charm a mob with a longer name like polar bears, the name will clip into the hp.

as shown in the attachment.

is there a way to shorten the viewable area of the pet's name? like where the label would cut the name off, to leave room for the HP number on the far right?

Gumbo
05-29-2018, 12:26 AM
It's hard to duplicate this issue cause I'm not in the polar bear pits but I believe you would need to make the box itself bigger. I checked the "EQUI_PetInfoWindow" file and I believe this is the information but make sure you backup the file first. You would want to make the box more horizontal.

<Ui2DAnimation item="PetBlueIconBackground">
<Cycle>true</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Texture>window_pieces06.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>208</X>
<Y>200</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>8</CX>
<CY>8</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
<Duration>1000</Duration>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item="PetRedIconBackground">
<Cycle>true</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Texture>window_pieces06.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>200</X>
<Y>200</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>8</CX>
<CY>8</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
<Duration>1000</Duration>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

Para99
05-29-2018, 06:46 AM
It's hard to duplicate this issue cause I'm not in the polar bear pits but I believe you would need to make the box itself bigger. I checked the "EQUI_PetInfoWindow" file and I believe this is the information but make sure you backup the file first. You would want to make the box more horizontal.

It should be far simpler than this, iirc. Just change the size under <Screen item = "PetInfoWindow">

Vii, I suggest moving all the buttons down slightly and placing the HP number in between the gauge and the attack button. Here's what the relevant part of mine looks like.

https://i.imgur.com/x75Sr0R.png

Xzorn
07-02-2018, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=anarchy_84;2682733]Hello. I installed the UI and it's working well, however my UI elements are insanely small on a 3200x1800 monitor. Is there any way to scale up the UI without changing the resolution?

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a current project for higher native resolutions.

This UI seems designed around 1080p. It's completely illegible for myself at native 3440x1440p and the client refuses to run full screen or stretch lower resolutions in windowed mode (tried wineq doesn't like UW).

I've been slowly working this to a 4k version. Mostly just the Player Window, Buff Window and Group Window. I'm using a separated multi hotbar setup. I don't like that inventory is attached to hotbar1 personally.

Hope the author doesn't mind. I think the Player window in particular is top notch. I just can't read anything without pressing my face to the monitor.

Krimson04
07-03-2018, 05:21 PM
I just loaded this UI and my cursor is offset. I went back to my old UI and my cursor is still offset. Anyone know how to fix this?

Krimson04
07-03-2018, 05:34 PM
I believe I fixed it...I had to go into the eqclient.ini file and change my screen resolution

aaezil
07-04-2018, 02:30 AM
Idk sounds not classic

Gumbo
07-22-2018, 09:11 AM
I don't know if this was ever asked before or ever attempted but is it possible to create a multi-tab UI chat window? I know this has been done for other online games such as EQ2, Eve, Wow and DAOC.

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/full6078.jpg

This is just an example but you can see it has 5 tabs across the top which can be redone so you can add tabs to a single window. I don't want to have a whole bunch of windows open on my screen and just want one window with 3 tabs. The first tab for say/tell/ooc/shout, the second tab for guild and the third tab for anything else. Or assign filters to each tab?

StinkyGreenBud
08-11-2018, 02:53 PM
I was watching one of Sesserdrix necro guide videos and noticed he was using Duxa but also had his con colors changed. His target window showed the con and it also showed light blue cons which is very helpful. Anyone know what he did to do this?

poofph
08-13-2018, 02:53 PM
*** figured it out

lifewater
10-06-2018, 04:57 AM
So, when I install this it all seems to be working correctly, but the target graphics are missing, i just see a hitpoint bar, no graphic around it. Anyone know how to rectify that?

cobhc3
10-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Is there a way to copy my UI layout for one character to another?

primecrew
10-16-2018, 08:43 PM
I too am not seeing the Background image for the target window.

The TGA that the XML calls is indeed in the folder (it's also in the default folder).

Stream videos on youtube et al show this background for those using the Duxa UI. I tried installing from the All in One and the stand alone (they are identical).

So, when I install this it all seems to be working correctly, but the target graphics are missing, i just see a hitpoint bar, no graphic around it. Anyone know how to rectify that?