PDA

View Full Version : Solusek Ro Quests

Layne
10-25-2009, 02:30 PM
When were they put in and when might we expect them on this server?

Slayn
10-25-2009, 04:19 PM
wondering this myself... what needs to go down to open this zone?
I figure that I will just collect all the mats I need for my incandescent stuff in the mean time.

Bigcountry23
10-26-2009, 03:04 PM
There were no events to open the temple, it was just part of a MAJOR patch seven months after release (the equivelent of SP1) that took out Rubicite, mana stones, and added the temple.

If they keep on track, we can expect to see that change take place the begining of May.

Tiesto
10-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Its been awhile, what were the Sol Ro quests? Is that for class specific armor, ie. Lambent?

Boomlaor
10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Yes Tiesto.

Excision Rottun
10-26-2009, 03:34 PM
OCTOBER 13, 1999
Optional Patch:

* A new zone, The Temple of Solusek Ro, is now available via the optional patch.

* As mentioned on Saturday, Rubicite armor will no longer spawn. The newclassspecific quests to obtain the new armor are now in for each class that could wear Rubicite.

* Journeyman's Boots will no longer spawn where they did but rather are the products of a quest.

INC in 5.5 months?

This was quoted off of these Patch Notes. (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/)

Bubbles
10-26-2009, 05:21 PM
yeah, people in the know are really, really not looking forward to sol ro temple at all.

KilyenaMage
10-26-2009, 07:45 PM
There wont be any point to the temple quests by then...all the high level people will be in planar gear

Wenai
10-26-2009, 07:59 PM
yeah, people in the know are really, really not looking forward to sol ro temple at all.
Agreed. :p

Aeolwind
10-26-2009, 08:17 PM
There wont be any point to the temple quests by then...all the high level people will be in planar gear

It will be a bit before fear is broken successfully, but Hate you could be correct enough.

Wenai
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Hate is very doable. Plane of Fear on the other hand ... *ahem*

Nytewind TP
10-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Fear won't be done until people are wearing the Sol quest gear.

Excision Rottun
10-27-2009, 10:42 AM

Aside from the fact that some Sol Ro gear has better stats for a given class than some Planar Gear.

Some of the planar gear has retarded stats. gogo Cleric charisma!

President
10-27-2009, 11:56 AM
I really hope that this stays non-kunark long enough so that some of us who aren't racing to level 50 will get a chance at raiding at least naggy/vox. Though I'm sure all the people who have done naggy/vox/hate/fear will start whining and complaining that they want new content.

Bubbles
10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Fear won't be done until people are wearing the Sol quest gear.

Do *not* underestimate the talent of this player base.

A more accurate statement would be "Fear won't be touched until every last drop of goodness has been squeezed out of Plane of Hate".

Clerics and Warriors and Enchanters and Shamans and Mages and Rogues have their armor drop in Hate.

And we're pretty low on rangers and monks and bards and paladins and whatever anyways... We're not gonna need Fear for a while, especially when 80% of the raid-level PCs have their planar drops in Hate.

Believe me, it's not so much that there is a late reaction to PC melee not being 100% perfect via dmg dealt, avoidance and mitigation that is causing a huge wave of people to abandon mains for alts... The server was skewed toward solo-capable and/or spellcasting classes to begin with.

It's just that most of us kinda prepared for this from the start. and that's how the server diversity started out skewed anyways to begin with. Snare/Kite, Root/Nuke Fear/Kite, and anything involving pets is always going to be more reliable than Tank and spank. Being able to solo or port or SOW or whatever was a huge part in many people's original decision at character creation this time around.

And lets face it, after the 40% XP penalties on RNG/SK/PAL, your still going to get more bang for your buck out of a 38 warrior than a "same xp gained" 30ish hybrid.

But it all is what it is. Some people will race toward 50, some will enjoy the ride. People are still having fun playing their melee. or casters or hybrids et al... Scampering around in classic has been a ton of fun this time around, and if we're all complaining about certain classes, it doesn't get more 1999 than all of that. :)

girth
10-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm playing my melee, but not having fun because hes broken. Do I win anything?

President
10-27-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm playing my melee, but not having fun because hes broken. Do I win anything?

Im having fun, but its tough. I swear I don't remember not being able to taunt yellow/red cons.. that is really a pain in the ass.. Not to mention it takes about 5-7 taunts to pull a blue.

Bubbles
10-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Let's also point out that necro pets are pretty inferior to their 1999 live counterparts.. Mage pets aren't dual wielding. Mage research components are so non-exsistant they do happy-dances when they can craft Everfount. Some of these so-called "gods chosen" classes aren't even up to their max-capacity either.

I guess my only real point is: most of this wasn't fixed or balanced back then, either. This really *is* a classic server.

And you melee are going to be even more excited when you find all the random mobs that drop loot you need are going to Fear your deeper into fully spawned dungeons, probably the only thing I've been vocal about from day one.

In other words: I'm waiting for the lot of you to catch up, die miserably, and fill the /petition queue so that content I'm no longer worried about gets fixed. What's important to remember is it took our hard-working devs over a year to get the server to where it is now, with a limited crew of beta-testers sprinkled throughout. It's going to take them more than a couple of weeks to adjust things further now that we have 10x the player base at peak times discovering things that need fixing at a rapid rate. It's our duty to /bug and post feedback, and they'll fix it all up eventually. It takes time, and remember, they are trying to play it to.

It's only gonna get worse before it finally gets better. But it will get better. It really feels like classic, and I'm loving it. :)

Layne
10-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Do *not* underestimate the talent of this player base.

A more accurate statement would be "Fear won't be touched until every last drop of goodness has been squeezed out of Plane of Hate".

Clerics and Warriors and Enchanters and Shamans and Mages and Rogues have their armor drop in Hate.

And we're pretty low on rangers and monks and bards and paladins and whatever anyways... We're not gonna need Fear for a while, especially when 80% of the raid-level PCs have their planar drops in Hate.

Bard armor is from hate as well.

girth
10-28-2009, 04:06 AM
I guess my only real point is: most of this wasn't fixed or balanced back then, either. This really *is* a classic server.

Have you played a melee yet? Balanced is different from broken. Melee take as much damage as casters, it's crazy.

Aeolwind
10-28-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't think there are any DB Values out of whack (or even exist) for defensive. If someone could post the "stock" Values I'll double check ours and advise. But as it stands, we're using stock emu code for combat; both ways offensive and defensive. So, everyone is taking an ass whipping, Most servers probably feel it less than we do however due to the nature of them: Short time at low levels, extreme gear, etc.

Villert
10-28-2009, 04:09 PM
I don't think there are any DB Values out of whack (or even exist) for defensive. If someone could post the "stock" Values I'll double check ours and advise. But as it stands, we're using stock emu code for combat; both ways offensive and defensive. So, everyone is taking an ass whipping, Most servers probably feel it less than we do however due to the nature of them: Short time at low levels, extreme gear, etc.

See, that's the problem. Something IS out of whack.

Saying "everyone is taking an ass whipping" doesn't really do much for us melees - who are the one's it actually makes a difference for.

I'm surprised there is even a warrior on the server right now - caster pets can do more damage and tank/taunt better. Melee classes are nothing more than a liability to groups on this server. It's a shame really.

EDIT:

Just to add something; now I may be wrong, but you guys were pretty sure your hit rate was on par with EQEMU as well, but upon parsing, obviously realized it wasn't and a change was made. Which is good.

The real issue here is, nobody seems to care about melee classes on this server. There have been SO MANY threads, petitions, bug reports and requests on this issue (and endurance), and we, the community, have heard nothing from you guys. Aeolwind, I have to give you credit for being there for player hit rates on the forums earlier, and even for at least responding now. But, other than this - it's been absolutely silent, which is the worst possible thing you guys could do.

Most servers probably feel it less than we do however due to the nature of them: Short time at low levels, extreme gear, etc.

This line of thinking would work IF this server was the same as other EQEMU servers. As it stands though, this server IS NOT the same. We DO have low levels, classic gear and it takes us more than 1 day to level from 1 - 50. Honestly, BECAUSE this server is not the same as other EQEMU servers should be the EXACT reason you guys don't just flock to the stock emu code for everything. At least listen to your playerbase on these issues and respond to them, whether for good or bad.

Tenudil
10-28-2009, 07:52 PM
What are the server settings for NPCBonusHitChance? If this number is the default I've seen of 26 percent, and my math is correct, it basically guarantees a NPC hit chance of around 95 percent on mobs near your level.

Seeatee
10-28-2009, 10:37 PM
I dont know what exactly the problem is, but I sure as heck do know that there is a problem being a tank.

I am a lvl 15 shadow knight geared at or slightly above what is intended for my level, tonight i log in and get an invite to a group, fighting dark blue orcs in oasis, and once I got there I got absolutely brutalized to where the healer had to med every few mobs.

this cant be right that I am geared at or above my level , fighting single dark blue con mobs and have to take up so much healing that its required to med every 2 or 3 mobs.

its to the point where I feel bad joining a group and almost want to tell them , dude you dont want me, get a monk, they will tank just as good ( or bad ) and do more DPS, its pretty awful when as a tank you feel bad for taking a group.

there has to be something that can be done to help alleviate the absolutely savage beat downs that melee are getting ATM.

:(

Sadad
10-29-2009, 06:17 PM
So people keep saying that there's going to be some kind of wipe when Sol Ro quests are put in. Is this true?

Bigcountry23
10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
A bunch of things that drop now (Rubicite, Jboots, Manastone) will quit dropping when Temple of Sol Ro opens.

Sadad
10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
That's not what I meant. Will we keep the items for Sol Ro quests (the no drop ones. A bull elephant tooth, for example) in our inventory after the patch or will they be wiped?

Tengo
10-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I too was wondering about this, as I have gathered up 8 of the 10 coins of tash for Tashania when Sol Ro goes live. I picked them up as I was adventuring normally, but would be a bit bummed if they went poof. I stand by any decision made though.

Bubbles
10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
I have enough lambent stones to twink a bard army.

BTW.. In classic/SolRo era, the Lambent Stones were *lore*. You could only have one at a time. They removed the lore tag during LDoN when the stones were used en masse for other quests/crafts etc.

Excision Rottun
10-30-2009, 10:38 AM
That's not what I meant. Will we keep the items for Sol Ro quests (the no drop ones. A bull elephant tooth, for example) in our inventory after the patch or will they be wiped?

As far as I have heard from GM comments in other threads.

No, those items will not be wiped, you may collect early.

This could potentially change of course.