PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in air jumping

vossiewulf
03-16-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't remember this bug from original EQ, but now about 1/3 of the time I jump (yes I've totally stopped now, at least intentionally), when I jump I get stuck in the air at the top of my jump. At that point I can't move anymore, although I can spin around.

I haven't found anything that clears it, sitting, standing, moving with mouse or keyboard, going /follow on someone, nada. I have to camp to clear it. Anyone else seeing this? I searched the board, didn't find any mention of it.

nilbog
03-16-2011, 05:02 PM
I've never had that happen to me.

Post details..

What client are you using?
What type of OS are you using?
Where does this occur? Everywhere?
Have you experienced this with more than one character?

Ihealyou
03-16-2011, 05:05 PM
This happens to me a lot too. I think it only happens when you jump while standing still. /rewind fixes it though. Using titanium on 7, obv

vossiewulf
03-16-2011, 06:14 PM
I've never had that happen to me.

Post details..

What client are you using?
What type of OS are you using?
Where does this occur? Everywhere?
Have you experienced this with more than one character?

I'm using Titanium with Duxa's installer, Win 7 64, and it has occurred everywhere I've been with my two little baby characters, which is Gfay/Felwithe/Neriak/Nektulos.

And yes experienced it on both characters.

vossiewulf
03-16-2011, 06:15 PM
This happens to me a lot too. I think it only happens when you jump while standing still. /rewind fixes it though. Using titanium on 7, obv

I'm pretty sure you're right, I think in every case where I got stuck, I jumped while standing still. I will try /rewind next time.

vossiewulf
03-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Any more thoughts on fixing this one? Since I know the /rewind command fixes it when it occurs, I've experimented with it a bit more, and it's 100% reproducible for me. Stand still and jump, stuck in air.

Chrushev
03-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Any more thoughts on fixing this one? Since I know the /rewind command fixes it when it occurs, I've experimented with it a bit more, and it's 100% reproducible for me. Stand still and jump, stuck in air.

No idea man,

have you tried reinstalling the game?

vossiewulf
03-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Not sure how that would make a difference, it was clean Titanium + your installer and everything else works fine, I'm thinking it's a win 7 x64 issue. And it's not a huge deal to me at this point, as noted /rewind gets me out of it. Just thought I'd ask if this was going to be looked at or not, since other people are reporting the same thing, and those people (like me) may not know about /rewind. I'd totally forgotten about that until IHealYou mentioned it above.

Chrushev
03-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Not sure how that would make a difference, it was clean Titanium + your installer and everything else works fine, I'm thinking it's a win 7 x64 issue. And it's not a huge deal to me at this point, as noted /rewind gets me out of it. Just thought I'd ask if this was going to be looked at or not, since other people are reporting the same thing, and those people (like me) may not know about /rewind. I'd totally forgotten about that until IHealYou mentioned it above.

is the game installed in program files? perhaps a UAC issue with Windows 7?

vossiewulf
04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
I didn't see this listed as a fix on the patch notes, but it's not happening anymore, at least to me. Was this fixed?

angryscottsman
04-10-2014, 12:51 AM
This is still happening for me. I've just installed this evening and get stuck when I jump about 50% of the time.

Any ideas?

angryscottsman
04-10-2014, 07:37 PM
I've figured it out! When my "Max Frames per second" slider is set high (such as 90-100) I get a stutter when jumping while running, and get stuck 2-3 off the ground when standing still.

I lowered the max FPS slider to 40 and now I can jump normally as though there was no issue.

Incidentally, this also allowed my x-axis mouselook to function normally (previously it was painfully slow).

Hope this helps everyone else!

Snackies
04-11-2014, 11:45 PM
This only ever happens to me when I'm on my monk and I am standing stationary (without levi) and jump/FD mid-air. When I stand I'm stuck in the air until I /rewind or crouch spam/keyboard mash for a little bit.