PDA

View Full Version : Your P99 Story

Wfrench1234
05-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Just wanted to start a thread for people to share their P99 stories.

I started playing June of 2014; I played on live from the day the server launched until my guild cleared VP mid-kunark. I was burned out big time so I quit. I had a level 57 Paladin named Caden.

So I started a human Paladin named Aedriyn. When I logged him in for the first time in Freeport, at my feet was the corpse of a guy named Cadenkills...very very strange.

Anyhow I leveled him up slowly to level 52, was in Moonlight Crusaders for awhile, but then I took a break on him to start a Druid names Tanglefoot. Messed around on him for a bit but eventually took an extended break.

Came back and started a human monk named Denzallo. I kind of “borrowed” the name from a human monk from my live guild who was an excellent player. While in City of Mist I met a group of guys from the guild Ruin. Eventually we merged with Paradigm Shift. It was around level 54 on Denz I took another break to play some other games like the Witcher 3 and Darkest Dungeon. Eventually I came back, got my epic and level 60 on Denz.

Currently I am on another mini-break because my 2nd kid was just born and I am prioritizing sleep over EQ so I’m not a corpse at work, but should be coming back soon.

In between all that I got my Druid Tanglefoot up to level 37 as well.

What’s your story?

Also shout out to an enchanted named Dilaxar (or close to that name) who hooked me up with around 500p shortly after I joined the server. Was a nice leg up and was well received.

daxchunjae1912
05-12-2018, 02:23 PM
...I was burned out big time so I quit. I had a level 57 Paladin named Caden... When I logged him in for the first time in Freeport, at my feet was the corpse of a guy named Cadenkills...very very strange.

So whatever happened to him? Did you message him and ask him if he also started back in 14’ or if he somehow knew you? Very bizarre

Jauna
05-12-2018, 02:52 PM
Started playing in 09
made a bard
shit happened
cycled between p99, ff14, wow, swgemu, tor constantly
leveling so many alts
killing off so many alts
made more alts
alts rule my life now

thats pretty much it.

Rang
05-12-2018, 03:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WFee8qx.gif

Rygar
05-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Played day 1 on live on rallos zek server. Played like 4 months and fell in a well in befallen with my brother, rage quit.

Started on a blue server (torv) either kunark or early velious, played until lucli . Had good times here, lived in the hole and brought a bunch of guildies there. Quit in luclin because fuck AAs and i needed to focus on college.

Stealth came back during PoP on an SK until 34 or so, not enough interest and quit.

Heard about p99 about 6 years ago, was going to start up but didn't have a copy of titanium.

Three years back got a copy, installed. Lived back in the hole.

Semi quit and focused on classicQuest contributions.

Refocused on P99 erotica.

Wfrench1234
05-12-2018, 04:37 PM
So whatever happened to him? Did you message him and ask him if he also started back in 14’ or if he somehow knew you? Very bizarre

It totally blew my mind. I added that char. To my friends list and to every alt I have made since and I’ve never once seen them online. Somehow I got trolled by the universe.

Swish2
05-12-2018, 08:56 PM
I was once a young forumquester with a similar post count to today. I interacted on the forums daily and became the forums most numerous poster. Then with a couple of clicks it was all taken away and I had to start again.

Here as you read I plan to find 17000+ once again. It won't be a quick journey, but through lots of effort helping new players and promoting good server choices I will rise again. Today is just another day in the life of a forumquester.

Kimmie
05-13-2018, 08:26 AM
KPP was born in December 09 after years of hiding and gating away from PVPers on Vztz box like a babby
She met a gay and some pals
Flamed with the gaze in a guild for a lil
Met a gnome
Abandoned the gay and his people to form the #1 raiding guild on the server <Kimmie and Nalkin>
Guild warred all the pansy "top tier" guilds ;)
Had Kedge shenanigans, pooped around in mumble, made KaN vids and had some really goog times :o

Miss all you p99 glory day pals <3

Briscoe
05-13-2018, 03:44 PM
KPP was born in December 09 after years of hiding and gating away from PVPers on Vztz box like a babby
She met a gay and some pals
Flamed with the gaze in a guild for a lil
Met a gnome
Abandoned the gay and his people to form the #1 raiding guild on the server <Kimmie and Nalkin>
Guild warred all the pansy "top tier" guilds ;)
Had Kedge shenanigans, pooped around in mumble, made KaN vids and had some really goog times :o

Miss all you p99 glory day pals <3

Qeynos!

whiteknight10k
05-14-2018, 10:08 AM
Started in November 2012 on and off since then. Nobody remembers me ha.

azeth
05-14-2018, 12:08 PM
There once was a rogue named Abacabb, who I observed looking cool as a barb rogue in 2009. I then started Azeth, the rest is history.

Sizar
05-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Started in i think 2013. An old streamer Deathproof hooked me up with 2k ish worth of gear and plats to get me started. Can't say enough good things about that dude. Ended up watching a lot of Redwjamz' streams and played with him a lot. We used to duo fear, sometimes trio with Sugz as well. I say duo but he did all the work while i malo'd his pet and sat there. Farming tears was great times.

Redwjamz isn't given enough credit for his skill. People focus on the crazy and I get it, but dude was seriously skilled. Solo clear Fear except for Cazic and Draco (which he was almost able to solo) like it was nothing.

Quit in 2015, then came back a couple months ago, dragging Sugz along. Good times are being had.

Eldrakyn

DinoTriz
05-15-2018, 11:10 AM
Started in 2012ish.

I was bored on Steam one night, downloaded Live and played a Froglok Monk. Got handed BiS gear at level 1.

I played 10 minutes and got to level 20. Decided to visit West Freeport since I haven't seen it in 10+ years...oh god...what did they do to it?!

The combat reminded me enough of classic EQ to look into Project 1999. I knew about it before, but nostalgia wasn't grabbing me by my balls yet.

Stumbled my way into P99 somehow. Made another monk, but remembered they were pullers and I HATE pulling (unless I'm on my Ranger, for some reason).

Then I painstakingly mained a Rogue to 60.

kjs86z
05-15-2018, 11:46 AM
My RL buddies that played live release through luclin, after months and months of begging, finally convinced me to try EQ (P99) for the first time.

I had been an Asheron's Call player from '99 to '05 and EQ always seemed...bad.

Asked them what the hardest class was to play, they told me Enchanter, and the rest is history.

In hindsight, it really is inferior to AC in almost every conceivable way...but there's no private server worth a damn. So, here I remain.

Twochain
05-15-2018, 11:59 AM
Started playing EQ in 1999 with my Father. I was 9 at the time. Could only play at his house every other weekend. Highest level I got to was 37.

Always yearned for the Classic EverQuest experience. I missed it all the time.

Found out about EQ Classic. Checked their website for updates like, every fucking day.

Nothing was ever happening.

Saw someone mention p99 on the forums, I figured it was a lesser project that would just be closed down.

2010 I decided to say fuck it, and joined p99. Rolled a Barb Warrior.

Joined <Peace Pipe>. Someone in guild decided to gift me with some new weapons!

6/23 Langseax.

Leveling was absolutely fucking insanely slow. I couldn't even solo a crocodile in oasis at level 15. Said fuck this, i'm not wasting all my time on a server that will probably just be shut down.

Still popped in every now again

p99 endorsed by daybreak, started going full retard.

Got my first 60 in the Chardok era

My second 60.. was not. Got super motivated to level 58-60. Started hearing froglok sounds in real life.

Plz add triple attack for monks

Nommis
05-15-2018, 12:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMHseTcZdJ4

lol'd