PDA

View Full Version : Merchants: Ping Fuzzlecutter is the wrong level and hits too hard.

Rejuvenation
03-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Back during Classic and a few months into Kunark, Ping Fuzzlecutter used to be used to raise defense skillups. Reference:http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=417&highlight=Ping+Fuzzlecutter Posted on 6/30/2000.

Ping Fuzzlecutter is a Merchant that sells hair-care products (no joke. hail him) just outside the West gates in West Freeport.

His NPC level was tagged as 63, and therefore RED CON to anyone, even level 50 players.

Ping Fuzzlecutter used to hit for single digits, and teens. Therefore making you able to raise your defense skill without any risk. (Since he was a con higher than blue, it would raise your defense skill while he beat on you)

So, Verant and their Vision™ states: "No risk, no donut!" - So, they took out the "easy" part, and added in the risk.

Now, if you attack Ping, he hits for 120s, and bashes for 60+.

He is currently blue to a level 50 and hits for up to 74. Just thought it might be a good way to raise Defense a bit, but I totally understand if you don't feel like this needs to be reverted to how it was.

Ropethunder
03-20-2011, 05:31 AM
I remember the wood elf in Lesser Faydark that stands a little ways off from the undead pillar used to be the same way on live but of the lower level variety. Red con to me, would hit for single digits, super easy to solo on my warrior.

One day it was stealth fixed in a patch. Surprise! :D