PDA

View Full Version : Best plat farming class...

runlvlzero
03-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Whats the best platfarming class and why?

Necro?
Mage?
Druid?

toxiqwurm
03-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Necro, see previous 5,000 posts

Auvdar
03-23-2011, 09:02 PM
necro unless you just want pure plat drops (ie, seafurries/HG's) then mage.

nalkin
03-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Uhhh wat? Right now its definitely enchanter, hands down. Less you doing furies, then mage. Or unless they nerfed whirl till you hurl

runlvlzero
03-23-2011, 09:38 PM
i was thinking necro and ya more specificly in the low lvl range... =P

but mages can summon those magic bags of fine steel holding =P plus there uber melee pets can probably thrash mobs faster then a necro's especially green cons

Seaweedpimp
03-23-2011, 09:40 PM
necro yo, i want to see a mage fight 6 furries at a time.

toxiqwurm
03-23-2011, 09:42 PM

w3rd

Gorgetrapper
03-23-2011, 10:45 PM

bard.

Humerox
03-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Uhhh wat? Right now its definitely enchanter, hands down. Less you doing furies, then mage. Or unless they nerfed whirl till you hurl

^^this.

mages dont need to control 6 furies when they can keep the whole spawn dead.

:D

Bubbles
03-23-2011, 11:03 PM
bard.

Seaweedpimp meant 'kill' 6 furries at a time, not just engage them and have them drop eventually either from old age or accidently aggroing a mage pet.

nemethor
03-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Seaweedpimp meant 'kill' 6 furries at a time, not just engage them and have them drop eventually either from old age or accidently aggroing a mage pet.

i think he was joking. being able to kill more mobs at once does not equal best platfarmer.

sox7d
03-24-2011, 12:09 AM
ugh, no more necros and mages, please.

solo classes really aren't that different from 2-boxers.

Gorgetrapper
03-24-2011, 12:11 AM

I can down all 6 easily enough, and not by swarm kiting.

runlvlzero
03-24-2011, 12:46 AM
ugh, no more necros and mages, please.

solo classes really aren't that different from 2-boxers.

lol i hear ya, dont worry i'm actually gonna roll an iksar warrior, just waiting for kunark now P but since i'm bored in the meantime i figured ide bumb around on a backup toon for those really baaad nights were i'm bored and lonely and no one wants to play, and if it is bad enough i'll just twink him P with... a MAGE! i figure i can bring home the bacon without being lvl 50 and farming gems/fbss off mobs... why mage because - if i can get to 20+ theres tons of low con mobs i can just thrash fast for vendor loot with a pet, 30+ opens up even more, faster you can kill better money you make...

Ames
03-24-2011, 01:16 AM
lol i hear ya, dont worry i'm actually gonna roll an iksar warrior, just waiting for kunark now P but since i'm bored in the meantime i figured ide bumb around on a backup toon for those really baaad nights were i'm bored and lonely and no one wants to play, and if it is bad enough i'll just twink him P with... a MAGE! i figure i can bring home the bacon without being lvl 50 and farming gems/fbss off mobs... why mage because - if i can get to 20+ theres tons of low con mobs i can just thrash fast for vendor loot with a pet, 30+ opens up even more, faster you can kill better money you make...

You can not farm FBSS with a Mage unless you inherit an already broken camp. You can not break the spawn by yourself.

runlvlzero
03-24-2011, 01:22 AM
but see thats what i'm talking about - not farming items

anyway its my philosophy that if your gonna farm plat find the best way to do it via vendor trash - not FBSS luck/market prices set by the players... like... killing 3000 wisps in one day will net you X money etc...

Uaellaen
03-24-2011, 02:49 AM
You can not farm FBSS with a Mage unless you inherit an already broken camp. You can not break the spawn by yourself.

you can, it requires alot of work and some clicky items + experience with the class

Grizlor
03-24-2011, 03:42 AM

Ugh, THIS. Every time I went to try and kill HGs in my 30s there was some bard there with 4 full health HGs chasing him while his 10dps worth of chants killed a 5th. He would bitch and threaten to petition you if you took one, despite the fact that it would have died and respawned before he got around to actually killing it.

Chicka
03-24-2011, 03:50 AM

Ya may be fighten em, but ya slow as shit ta kill em. GTFO the island and solo some shit noone wants to kill in the next half hour.

Werd, Y'all. Cupcake. Etc.

Darian
03-24-2011, 03:54 AM
but see thats what i'm talking about - not farming items

anyway its my philosophy that if your gonna farm plat find the best way to do it via vendor trash - not FBSS luck/market prices set by the players... like... killing 3000 wisps in one day will net you X money etc...

^This^ = the "furies" that everyone's talking about.

Classes that can handle Seafuries in an efficient manner: Mage. Necro. Shaman. Enchanter. Bard I guess.

From there it becomes a question of who can do it the most efficiently. How you define that is up to you.

Best at pure speed killing: Mage.

Best at being able to handle and kill multiple mobs/adds at a time: Necro.

Best at never dying, unless you go LD or lich yourself to death or are stupid: Necro.

Best at pissing off everyone else on the island: Druid. (Honorable mention: Bard.)

Seaweedpimp
03-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Think the most plat ive made at 8 hours of furries was about 6k and some change. maybe more.

And i watch mages fight all day. If your summoning a fire pet and just sitting back, mine goes down faster. I may not have an uber DS, but i have snare and fear, which adds alot (probably not as much as ds ) of damage. My pet will bypass all physical skills such as block, parry, riposte, dodge etc.

I would rather hunt with a necro.

Jigga
03-24-2011, 02:12 PM
lvl 1 naked high elf enchanter who is pretending to be a 16 girl cybering for loot and cash

lanystvyl
03-24-2011, 03:13 PM
DE Necro is the way to go! the best of all classes at any level.
At least that's what nasgule told me.

Akim
03-24-2011, 03:49 PM
I heard half elf warrior is the best of all classes at any level.

stonebeard22
03-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Half Elf Ranger Actually...

Scroll
03-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Chanter + whirl (pre-nerf) = Done

feste
03-24-2011, 05:53 PM

didnt know there was such a thing as 6 furries at a time

Daldolma
03-24-2011, 06:41 PM
I have a 50 necro and a 50 mage, and I greatly prefer the necro for plat-farming unless I'm just sitting at a camp that requires zero skill and I can have my pet sit on the spawn point and do everything for me (ie: Dhampyre, AC). At seafuries, with a necro you can actually run around and kill as many seafuries as you can find. As a mage, you can do 3 at a time max, and if you get a 4th, you're probably screwed. Moreover, your job is so boring that you're going to end up tabbing out half the time, and eventually you'll get killed while not paying attention to your screen. Even assuming you die once every 5 hours of farming as a mage (which is pretty standard unless you're super-focused), the time it's going to take you to get back to OoT and/or get a rez more than eliminates the fact that you're killing slightly (and I do mean slightly) more quickly per seafury than a necro.

As a necro, you can still fear kite and tab out and pay little to no attention, but in the event that you tab back to see yourself getting raped by a fury while your pet is pre-occupied, you can either FD, harm shield, root it, fear it, or just lifetap it to heal yourself. You have a million options.

tl;dr - Mages are boring and that makes them less effective.

KilyenaMage
03-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Necros are GODS during Kunark due to the prevalence of undead mobs...

KC Basement
Howling Stones
Old Seb

No other class, to my knowledge, can safely SOLO boss mobs in Howling Stones -- due to their undead slows and feign death, they are the UNDISPUTED KINGS of HS.

Grizlor
03-24-2011, 07:57 PM
IIRC undead slows weren't added until Luclin.

I did a lot of duo action with a necro in zones like HS and whatnot (and later on, crypt of decay), and with malosini on a charmed pet and slows on enemies, it's ridiculously good.

KilyenaMage
03-24-2011, 09:00 PM
IIRC undead slows weren't added until Luclin.

Hmm you may be correct I really can't say for sure. I do know, without question, that Necros are PVE gods during Kunark though -- not QUITE classic-era mages, but something like that.

Actually when you consider how much more difficult Kunark mobs are, I'd almost say that relatively speaking, they're BETTER than classic-era mages.

Velious-era monks, anyone!?!?