PDA

View Full Version : WTS Thex Dagger 100kplat or items in trade.

ulrich
02-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Thex Dagger for sale.

50disease resist in range slot , for classes that can equip daggers.

No longer drops! Value and rarity of item will only get higher.

Something to save up for when you are fully equipped. For the raider who has everything!

Email me at ulrich1999@hotmail.com or respond here if you are interested.

Will be worth more in kunark and than more again in velious. With only a handful if even on server.

I won't let it go any cheaper.

100k in plat. or trades worth as much , break open those guild banks!

Flame all you want on the price :P but with yak's worth 15k. ischva robe 50k?? noway i'd sell this cheaper than 100k. Thank you all for your time.

Ulrich

guineapig
02-15-2010, 04:08 PM
When the hell was this quest even fixed???
I have been waiting forever for the quest to not be broken!

Zithax
02-15-2010, 04:11 PM
lawl

guineapig
02-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Oh wait, never mind this is his first post...

/ignore

ulrich
02-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I linked it in /auction asking a price check on sunday. If your saying I don't have one. I will link it anytime I'm online to you.

Somekid123
02-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Thex Dagger quest was fixed but never menioned in patch notes like everything else, and ill keep it at that.

=/

Aeolwind
02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Not quite the place for it, but I'll comment here. The quest hasn't been touched since June or July of last year when I finished it. I haven't even been around to tinker with it, and the 14th was the first patch since I returned...so I've had no chance to change anything.

It was actually easier now than it should have been. And I'll leave it at that for the moment.

Zordana
02-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Aeolwind: Silent Watch Shield quest changed.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2959

FYI

Soulfighter
02-15-2010, 08:16 PM
yeah seriously, it's fixed 1 week before it's replaced ....

yaaaflow
02-15-2010, 08:24 PM
yeah seriously, it's fixed 1 week before it's replaced ....

Not quite the place for it, but I'll comment here. The quest hasn't been touched since June or July of last year when I finished it. I haven't even been around to tinker with it, and the 14th was the first patch since I returned...so I've had no chance to change anything.

reading comprehension much?

Soulfighter
02-15-2010, 09:25 PM
reading comprehension much?

i'll make it clearer for you since you don't seem to understand what my post was about.

Please put thex dagger back since we couldn't get it because it was bugged , thank you.

yaaaflow
02-15-2010, 09:30 PM
What was broken about the quest? Aeolwind says the quest had not been changed between June and Feb 14th, which would imply to me that the quest was working ok, not that it was magically repaired on Feb 7th and then removed on Feb 14th.

ulrich
02-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I got my dagger a month ago or so. It has at least been working for 1 month.

Simon Belmont
02-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Oh wait, never mind this is his first post...

/ignore

I have one. ill show it to you.

Simon Belmont
02-16-2010, 06:44 AM
i'll make it clearer for you since you don't seem to understand what my post was about.

Please put thex dagger back since we couldn't get it because it was bugged , thank you.

It wasnt broken, you just werent using your head to get it. I know about 25 daggers on the server because said people kept it quiet. The chance was ON PAR to when they changed the quest to the shield of the silent watch.

ulrich
02-16-2010, 01:00 PM
It wasnt broken, you just werent using your head to get it. I know about 25 daggers on the server because said people kept it quiet. The chance was ON PAR to when they changed the quest to the shield of the silent watch.

This could be true , but I highly doubt there are 25.

Tyranna only dropped the container 1 in 5 on a 25 minute spawn. So that's 24 hours it had to be camped. I logged my character there. And Only 1 time did I find someone else had killed her. I also checked and Gronar was up for 3 of the 4 weeks the quest was working. I don't believe there are 25, could be but I really doubt it.

Qi0
02-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Goodness... there's so much misinfo regarding this thing that it's impossible to know what really was what. It's especially interesting considering most of the other extremely rare old world items have meanwhile been farmed to the extreme.

Simon Belmont
02-16-2010, 01:10 PM
This could be true , but I highly doubt there are 25.

Tyranna only dropped the container 1 in 5 on a 25 minute spawn. So that's 24 hours it had to be camped. I logged my character there. And Only 1 time did I find someone else had killed her. I also checked and Gronar was up for 3 of the 4 weeks the quest was working. I don't believe there are 25, could be but I really doubt it.

25 is conservative. There are probably more, but I think thats off the point though. This item is still extremely rare and out of the game now. Its worth a fortune.

guineapig
02-16-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm a little confused as to how all these different people decided to do the
"Shield of the Silent Watch" (otherwise known as Princess Lenya) quest to get a Thex Dagger, that's all.

Was the Silent Watch Shield shield obtainable during this time or was the quest incorrectly giving the dagger as a reward? Also, it it true then that only a paladin would have been able to do this quest? (Or at the very least only a paladin would have even started the quest chain due to the reward expected reward).

The reason I ask is because back in the day anyone could do the quest, in fact it was easiest to do if you were a druid or wizzy.

Can anyone at least confirm that all classes were able to do this quest which resulted in the dagger instead of the shield or at least clarify it for me?

(Also, I do believe that you have the dagger, proof is not required. My apologies.)

ulrich
02-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Yes all classes could do the quest, I did faction work , but they changed it so the faction wasn't such an issue. <This was in a patch note also.
Not sure cause I had the faction at ally.

The quest was broken in 3 different spots that I petitioned and they got fixed. It was about 2 months of debugging than 1 month of it working in game.

The devs stated about 3 months ago that the Thex Dagger was the reward instead of the shield of the silent watch for the silent watch quest. Sucked because I thought everyone would do it once they said that on the forums.

Yes this is not the original quest for the dagger i know. But if that quest was in the server would have 500 thex daggers instead of the 25 or so that are presumed.

guineapig
02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
I do remember that being mentioned that the quest was implemented differently but not from a dev or GM:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1154&highlight=Thex+Dagger

Once I saw that it was only doable by paladins I didn't even bother to try it.
Again, I am not finding any post from the devs mentioning the fix.

Hasbinbad
02-16-2010, 02:52 PM
we couldn't get it because it was bugged
This is completely incorrect.

I finished the Thex Dagger quest first to my knowledge, and I only attempted it because of Aeolwinds continued insistence that it worked (available for public viewing). The fact that I only tried this late in the game is because I thought it wasn't able to be finished. However, when I really put feet to ground I found out that it was in fact completable. ANYONE could have obtained Thex dagger at ANY time until the most recent patch.

Hasbinbad
02-16-2010, 02:54 PM
I got 1k pp that Ulrich = Tiki btw :D

ulrich
02-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Well it was fixed 3 times. I have the petitions and answers from gms "nilbog" stating It was not working. I was refunded items once. Than I just collected the items and tried the last turn in after each patch. About 4 weeks ago it was working for my character. Your character may have gotten it to work months before that. It might have worked for a rogue sneaking for the hand ins. But handing in the fish food didn't even spawn Princess Lenya at ally faction.

If I showed the thread that stated where it was the shield of silent watch quest. It shows all the items that will be taken out and at what time until the end of velious.

The quest was working for the last month is all I know. But I do wonder how many are on the server even though they are still scarce and worth a fortune.

Lets get back to buying my dagger! 100k < something for the level 50's that have everything else to save up for. First 100k gets it. The value will only go up overtime. Cmon my shaman's alchemy could use the skill ups. Maybe get from 80-120 skill in alchemy with 100k.

ulrich
02-16-2010, 03:06 PM
:cool:

Finawin
02-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Lol so a quest was giving out the wrong reward and everyone presumed it was broken even at that, so now people have items that are a result from a bug and are selling it for extreme amounts?

Did I get that right? This thread was hard to follow.

ulrich
02-16-2010, 03:43 PM
No the quest was not giving out any rewards.

It was broken in 3 places and you couldn't continue unless you were a paladin or a rogue?<.

It was working for the past month for every class not just paladins, but if they announced it everyone would of done it.If you would of done the quest and/or petitioned at the bugged parts. I'm sure the Devs would of informed you they were working on it and to keep trying obviously after patches.

Finawin
02-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Still seems really shady to me to have stealth items in broken quest lines for a limited time and then stealth nerfed. *shrug*

Stonewall
02-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Maybe the GMs only wanted 10* daggers on the server and at the point of the patch on Sunday there was ~10 on the server so they removed it with the patch.

Makes more sense than black helicopters and secret GM activities.

*random number, could have been anything.

Qi0
02-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Haha. Isn't 'the GMs wanted only X amount of daggers on the server' the very definition of a secret GM activity?

Why limit Thex Daggers and not some of the other used-to-be-rare items, though? Is it because they potentially have more use later on? If it's about the item's stats being too strong, then they shouldn't be here at all. It's not like this is an item dropping off a raid boss only a few people are able to even kill.

Even if the GMs wanted to limit this (which seems to be the case in some form or another), why not admit to it and explain? This is a ridiculously roundabout way of doing things.

Simon Belmont
02-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Hold on guys. I did this quest on live in 99. From what I remember I also got a dagger on my paladin. This quest is working as intended based on progression of the old servers. The quest reward IIRC was changed to the Shield of the Silent Watch right about the time or slightly before the temple of Sol Ro came out. Ulrich if you are responsible for the fixes, I thank you very much for it, but the credit of my dagger goes to Hasbinbad because he figured out the broken parts and helped us get them.

Aeolwind
02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Actually, there is about 10 times the amount of daggers on the server that I wanted. The quest was broken because the door wasn't locked....count your blessings I didn't replace them all with the components and a note saying "Get the key".

So, pretty much every dagger on the server is either the result of an exploit (/target Tearon), acquired cause the quest was broken (Door unlocked), or done correctly (acquired the key, or buddied with someone that did acquire the key). Overall, I'm not pleased about this, but not much I can do as an alternative. I'd completed the quest back in June and didn't touch it till prob right before launch to replace the amulet with the dagger in the quest turn ins. Even back then that door was locked. So there was a version mismatch on the DB or a bad backup.

I've been gone for almost 2 months. My ability to fix the quest was virtually nil and no one else knew where/how it was broken. When I came back and saw folks saying it was broken I was a bit confused. I'd made not checks or even checked the script when I posted that it should be working, otherwise I'd have known the door was broken and disabled the quest.

Simon Belmont
02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Actually, there is about 10 times the amount of daggers on the server that I wanted. The quest was broken because the door wasn't locked....count your blessings I didn't replace them all with the components and a note saying "Get the key".

So, pretty much every dagger on the server is either the result of an exploit (/target Tearon), acquired cause the quest was broken (Door unlocked), or done correctly (acquired the key, or buddied with someone that did acquire the key). Overall, I'm not pleased about this, but not much I can do as an alternative. I'd completed the quest back in June and didn't touch it till prob right before launch to replace the amulet with the dagger in the quest turn ins. Even back then that door was locked. So there was a version mismatch on the DB or a bad backup.

I've been gone for almost 2 months. My ability to fix the quest was virtually nil and no one else knew where/how it was broken. When I came back and saw folks saying it was broken I was a bit confused. I'd made not checks or even checked the script when I posted that it should be working, otherwise I'd have known the door was broken and disabled the quest.

did you do the script for this? Go get your ho back... is poetry.

Aeolwind
02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah. That is the only line of text I could not find anywhere for the whole script =/.