PDA

View Full Version : If you are having problems with updating the Spell File LOOK HERE

Chrushev
03-28-2011, 03:11 AM
I just updated the Duxa's All In One Installer to v0.4, which has the latest spellfile, I also added option (13), which allows you to just update the spellfile to the latest. So if you dont want to take advantage of the other features simply pick option (13) and point it to where you have EQ installed. It will update all the necessary files.

Look in my signature for the link :)

Chrushev
07-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Spellfiles were updated today again, inevitably some people will have problems... bumping this post for them :)

Just updated to v0.9 of the installer to include the new v11 spellfiles, simply run option (13) and you are good to go within seconds.

Link in signature.

Uaellaen
07-24-2011, 06:29 AM
sure just download the 20mb file each time instead of just letting an auto patcher that has 1mb download the 4,5mb patch ...

http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip

Atarius
07-24-2011, 10:53 AM
Giving it a shot

Edit: seems to be working for me.

Stigs
07-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks again Crush, you're all in one installer makes life a lot easier for a lot of people. Very much appreciated.

Chrushev
07-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks again Crush, you're all in one installer makes life a lot easier for a lot of people. Very much appreciated.

You are welcome :)

sure just download the 20mb file each time instead of just letting an auto patcher that has 1mb download the 4,5mb patch ...

Except for:

1) You cant use a multicore CPU fix with that file and most people out there NEED it.
2) Updating spellfiles is less than one tenth of the things you can do with my installer. (fix visors, fix underwater sounds, customize spellgems, gives a whole new UI plus a Velious UI not available anywhere else, fix in game maps, allows you to change resolution and windowed mode easily, allows you to change login screen, shrink the install by removing unnecessary files, change battle music to classic, fix multi core CPU issues)
3) Most people dont want to run anything on top of their game (even though its just a launcher, most prefer to double click and go straight into the game).
4) My installer is way easier to set up since it requires no input from user. Just pick the directory, impossible to mess up.
5) The 20mb download on ISP's PCs takes about 5 seconds.. hardly a difference from 3 seconds it would take to download a 4.5mb files.
6) Some people play on PCs that get wiped after logout (some work environments and public PCs at cafe's etc).. they carry my installer on a USB stick and are able to get going within seconds, not possible with the auto patcher, since it would have to be set up manually every time.

And finally.. by each time you mean once every couple of months?

Id say in terms of what you get to size ratio... you are much better of spending double the amount of seconds downloading to get ten times the amount of features, some of which are exclusive and cant be gained anywhere else.

Uaellaen
07-25-2011, 08:40 AM
1) You cant use a multicore CPU fix with that file and most people out there NEED it.

yes, the launcher has a multicore fix built in.

2) Updating spellfiles is less than one tenth of the things you can do with my installer. (fix visors, fix underwater sounds, customize spellgems, gives a whole new UI plus a Velious UI not available anywhere else, fix in game maps, allows you to change resolution and windowed mode easily, allows you to change login screen, shrink the install by removing unnecessary files, change battle music to classic, fix multi core CPU issues)

i agree, for first install your installer is awesome, but for keeping spell files up do date, the launcher is much more viable, it also has a nice option of watching server status for multiple servers with voice notification on server status changes

) My installer is way easier to set up since it requires no input from user. Just pick the directory, impossible to mess up.

unzip the launcher, start it (it will ask for your EQ directory) select the server (or go into options and select to enable the multicore fix etc.) and press play

6) Some people play on PCs that get wiped after logout (some work environments and public PCs at cafe's etc).. they carry my installer on a USB stick and are able to get going within seconds, not possible with the auto patcher, since it would have to be set up manually every time.

also not true, you can also have the launcher on a stick, just select the directory of EQ and it will patch that one ... the patcher checks each time you click "play" if the files in that directory are the newest versions, if not it will automaticly patch / delete the required files

Silentone
07-25-2011, 12:00 PM
hello, would this fix the issue im having or is my issue completely unrelated. I logged in last night after patching spells. then i logged for about 5 hours, logged back in and i couldnt see servers. Now everytime i load the game the servers will not populate, so im staring at the server select screen but its blank. any suggestions?

****well tried the the autoupdate and it didnt seem to resolve my issue, i just cant imagine whats wrong with it****

PS. Great UI been using it for a few months now

Uaellaen
07-25-2011, 04:52 PM
you only need to try again, sometimes when your latency to the server is too high, the server list will return blank, log out and back in, or reset your internet connection (router / modem) usualy fixes that

annabella33
07-26-2011, 04:50 AM
very nice share buddy...