PDA

View Full Version : Pyjin Unwrapped

vageta31
02-16-2010, 11:13 PM
So I login to Qeynos Hills in just enough time to start camping Pyjin as I had been doing for hours upon hours the night before. A couple minutes later I run up to a PH and clear it and am immediately asked how I knew it was there, to which I answer "I saw it..". It was actually too far away to see it but I didn't want to give away my knowledge of the spawn yet, though in retrospect it was a stupid answer because I was immediately sent tells by 2 people, who will remain nameless, who insisted I was cheating with MQ. Wanting to be selfish with my tactics I just played stupid, though it really pissed me off to be accused of something like that when the method is so simple and requires nothing but a smart plan. You don't need a tracker, or MQ for that matter, to kill most "random" spawns once you figure out the spawn locations and timing... So because I'm irritated at being accused of cheating and because I want to show people how easy it is to camp something like this, I will provide my tactics so that hopefully half the server will be in Qeynos Hills ruining everyones fun. YAY!

Lets get to the meat of the spawn information. Pyjin only spawns at night, don't even bother trying during the day. She has 5 possible spawns points that I'm aware of(maybe more?), and I've confirmed this with other people as well. The spawn is a cycle, in which she or her PH will only spawn at one of the 5 possible spawn points, then eventually wander up to the ruins area. Once her or her PH has spawned the cycle will not continue until the mob is killed or daytime is reached and it depops. The timer is exactly 6 minutes from death, and then she or PH can pop from any of the 5 locations again. Spawn location is random from one of the 5 locations, though I've seen up to 4 in a row at one location. Cycle continues until ~8am, though this is not exact because due to kill time and the 6 minute respawn I can't nail down. I know if you kill PH around 5-6am you won't see another. However the PH may stay up if not killed till 9am or so. Again I'm not entirely sure. What I am sure of however is that the cycle seems to start by itself at almost exactly 10pm every night, which with the information below shows how easy it is for anyone to do this cycle.

Placeholders can include a decaying skeleton, dread corpse, restless skeleton and Varsoon(maybe more but this is what I"ve seen so far). You only need to kill Varsoon and can leave Varsoon the Undying up as he doesn't seem to affect the cycle. Now what makes this easy is 4 of the 5 spawn locations are visible from the large hill in between the ruins and the surefall path. The last is not visible(the one I was accused of using MQ to kill) and is located on the far N/E corner of the zone up on a little hill. Now with a little ingenuity you can come up with a very easy method of spawning her and keeping PH clear and ready to start the cycle over in under 30 seconds without the need for tracking. Since 4 of the spawns are visible from the top of the hill you can easily get a visual within seconds and know if her or the PH has popped, and if you don't see it you know by simple process of elimination that it must be on the N/E hill.

So with that information you can see how easy this is. Stand on top of hill and spam /time until you see 10pm. Unfortunately there is no minutes in EQ time so you have to spam it until it's 10pm. Once it is 10pm immediately scan for her or PH (you should already have 2 in your field of view). If the first 2 have no spawns then move about 20 feet to other side of hill and look at the other 2 locations. If no pop then simply run to the little hill on N/E corner of zone and it will be there. If you're fast enough she/it will still be standing there out of sight from anyone else, if you're slow then the mob will begin walking south.

Kill the mob, check time and wait exactly 6 minutes then repeat until you are bored to death or get really lucky and see a glowing red stone in her hand. Because it's a 6 minute spawn on the nose you don't have to worry about moving away too quickly

So where are the spawns exactly? Well fortunately I've provided screenshots! :) If you're really ingenious you can make can make this even easier and increase your chances and PH clear time. I like to park my dog at one of the spots so if one of the skellies pop it will instantly aggro and clear PH in about 5 seconds flat. If it's her I simply run towards my pup, target her and spam "pet attack". I also like to use a little spell called "vision" which widens your field of view and allows you to see the 2 spawn points on either side of the hill at the same time. I also like to keep up Spirit of Cheetah so if I do see her I can haul ass and engage...

How can you figure all this out? Well I'm not the only one who has this figured out, there are others too already. By sharing info with one another and being patient it isn't too hard. All you have to do is watch for out of place spawns that path differently. How often do you see a restless skeleton? Or a dread corpse walking on that hill? And if you see something like that you can easily follow it's path and eventually it will usually go back to it's spawn point where you can jot down the /loc. And you can learn by others as well. When other high levels are in zone around that area you know what they're up to. If they run off and kill something, you can follow and see what they're killing (or the corpse of what they killed) and should know if it's an out of place mob. Like a dread corpse by the campfire..

First screenshot is of locations 1 and 2 on west side of hill. Notice with vision spell engaged you can see both of them in one field of view.

Second screenshot is same exact location without vision engaged. Think outside of the box people!

Third screenshot is of spawn locations 3 and 4 between hill and ruins. The one on the left I don't have an exact location but it's in that general area and from my experience is where Varsoon tends to pop.

Fourth screenshot is of the final location that is not visible from hill. The one you run to instantly when you realize nothing has spawned in other 4 places.

There you have it, Pyjin camping 101. No tracking, no MQ, just simple deduction and planning. Would love to know how many people will be in Qeynos Hills tonight testing this.

Your huggable, loveable Shaman Tugg :)

Icecometus
02-16-2010, 11:44 PM
You Rock Tugg

ulrich
02-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Not sure if it works the same on here, but very well written and great info!

I had 3 pyzjin's spawn at once on live :) using your method.

Karbuk
02-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Pyzjn is very simple...There is some truth to what Tugg said...on live Pyzjn and varsoon were completely different things...Pyzjn had a 11:13 second spawn time...her own set of placeholders and would spawn in the fields...7 different areas and always without fail walk from the field to the center of the ruins and stand there...now she really only walks in the mountains...near the ruins but never actually walks into the ruins...its a 6 min spawn now and varsoon is a PH..not saying anything against the devs when i say this but its very simple...they couldnt fix her the way she was before so she was thrown into the varsoon spawn line....simple :P there was a fellow named Ampere on the Seventh Hammer server who actually made a webpage dedicated to camping her and how exactly she worked...on this server you can spot the daytime PH pretty easily wandering the area...usually a bear or rat...wolf...firebettle...couldnt tell you for certain which it was i kinda just know when i see it....let it live util about 6pm cuz 8pm she can start spawning...so at 6pm about kill the daytime PH and start the clock....6 mins later without fail you will have a possible Pyzjn pop in one of 5-6 spawn spots and so on....easy as balls on a druid or ranger...at 6 mins click track...the very first undead creature on your track list is the PH or Varsoon or Pyzjn....done deal boys and girls...

And tugg depending on the spawn there are 2 or 3 spots you cant even see from the top of the hill and would not be able to know about without track....I was in the zone when you were accused of that and i asked them to explain what made them say it....I was told at 6 mins a druid or ranger whatever it was hit track and at like 6:01 seconds they ran at the PH and you were already on your way and i asked them to show me which spawn it was....and it was the one in bumble fuck on top of a hill not visible to the eye lol...so i can see the accusation...be careful with it :) again they could be lying but who knows heh....checking the 1 odd ball spot out of the other 5 spawn points is strange :P if there was a pattern then it would be understandable

vageta31
02-18-2010, 02:55 AM
The only reason I'm even responding is because on a server this small I don't want my name slandered. I guarantee there are far more positive stories of my characters generosity than something like this, and I want to keep it that way. I could have left well enough alone I guess and went on my merry way, but I was a bit miffed to be accused of something based on one incident that may or could have been explained by something far less sinister.

Maybe I didn't explain it quite well enough, but of course you can't see all 4 spawn points from the extreme top of the hill. You can however see 2 at a time on the west and east edges of the hills which is where I took the screenshots and it's not at the highest point but more southern where the hill is sloping. And as I explained after you check the first 2 on the west side(I guess I didn't make it clear) you run about 20 feet over to other side of hill (east side) and can see the other 2. Maybe you don't use the field of vision spell, but I can easily see them. If you drop a corpse in both locations then stand on the edge of the hill you will be able to see them both from where I stood. Try it yourself this is not disputable.

let it live util about 6pm cuz 8pm she can start spawning...so at 6pm about kill the daytime PH and start the clock

Actually though this makes sense.. I never killed a daylight PH so it must have always depopped on it's own because I almost always see the first spawn at 10pm. So apparently you know even more about it and have figured out that if you kill the daytime spawn by a certain time, you can pop her even earlier. I didn't know this, I always let the cycle start on it's own and it always seemed to pop right at 10pm give or take a few secs. Sounds like that's her standard cycle, but you can start it prematurely if you kill the day PH at the right time.

and at like 6:01 seconds they ran at the PH and you were already on your way

Well obviously if I was already on my way it wasn't some sort of hack, it was just coincidence, however strange it may seem. I didn't know the pop was there for sure, I only assumed it was due to my thought of the spawn starting at 10pm on the nose. I was blissfully unaware that you could pop her even earlier and that it had been done already. I know jack about MQ but unless it's got some precognative abilities I don't see how anyone can know what's going to pop before it actually does. What feature of MQ allows this? How can any program find a mob faster than a ranger that's spamming track? Based on what he said I was well on my way 1 second after the spawn which means I was already headed there before it even popped on his tracking. Which means my timing was way off due to the daytime PH kill and I was just lucky to see something up there. When I logged in it was 8pm so I hurried up the hill to await the 10pm cycle start... Little did I know it had been killed right around the time I logged in. In truth the joke was on me as I thought I had completely figured it out.

At any rate if you see someone you think is cheating then it's best to /petition and stay quiet and let the person incriminate himself while a GM shows up invis and confirms it. Accusing someone instantly because it looks strange is jumping the gun a bit. I'm done with her for now, too much competition over it and it's so damn rare anyways. Apparently another dropped tonight to a guy who had been camping it for a few days. Said he got it on his 12th Pyjin.. considering there are nights she never even shows up and it's that rare of a drop, maybe it really is worth the 25k the one guy was asking. It's not the best twink item, but for people that raid the 10sv magic combined with 10int cannot be beat. And yes, the glowing red look is stylish.

drplump
02-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Fact: Macroquest gives you a chat window that is 5 seconds ahead of everything before it happens including regular chat.

Lickum
04-02-2010, 11:15 PM
I had some people say she never goes near the ruins....the one I killed was right in the middle of the ruins when I tagged her.

Akriel
04-03-2010, 05:17 AM
Yea all 7 spawn spots have her roam to ruins but no she never spawns there lickum

Akriel
04-03-2010, 05:24 AM
Not sure if it works the same on here, but very well written and great info!

I had 3 pyzjin's spawn at once on live :) using your method.

Yes lives method was changed 3 times. This is pre-Hole spawn before Abarshii had that nervous tick to begin covert changes because of all the /wrist going on from necros.

Maceq
07-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I witnessed Varsoon despawn at 8am. Assuming he was a PH, confirming the 8am as end of the cycle.

Juugox2
07-24-2011, 10:23 PM
lol so i got lucky to just goto QH see her up kill her and get GBS im not kiding either i litterally loged on ran from WK to QH saw her up at the skel ruins killed her got GBS toke me 10mins pure luck i guess lol

Hazad
07-25-2011, 06:55 AM
ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION Q2QVarsoonPyzjnMISCmob
MONSTER_1_NAME a_mangy_rat
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME Varsoon
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 3
MONSTER_2_NAME a_brown_bear
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_decaying_skeleton
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 5
MONSTER_3_NAME a_grizzly_bear
MONSTER_3_NIGHT_NAME a_restless_skeleton
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 15
MONSTER_4_NAME a_large_field_rat
MONSTER_4_NIGHT_NAME a_putrid_skeleton
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_fire_beetle
MONSTER_5_NIGHT_NAME Pyzjn
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 7
MONSTER_6_NAME a_gray_wolf
MONSTER_6_NIGHT_NAME a_skeleton
MONSTER_6_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_7_NAME a_giant_rat
MONSTER_7_NIGHT_NAME a_dread_corpse
MONSTER_7_PERCENT 20

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=100&topic_id=143508#top

Nepenthe
08-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Trying to follow this guide; camped her or 2 days so far and not one spawn.

Tiggles
08-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Trying to follow this guide; camped her or 2 days so far and not one spawn.

wow

people like you exist?

Nepenthe
08-28-2011, 07:12 PM
wow

people like you exist?

you're so internet cool omg /bow

MrSparkle001
10-31-2011, 12:31 AM
I've been trying to find Pyzjn for a while now, and I've noticed two things: nothing spawns on the wall north of the ruins like in the screenshot, and when I was next to hill by the lake, west of the road to Surefall, I got a message that Pyzjn was casting something, but I couldn't see or find her. There's no spawn point over there according to this, and that's the only hint I've seen of her so far.

Varsoon spawned multiple times. Almost every night he spawned.

MrSparkle001
10-31-2011, 01:14 AM
I also can't seem to edit this post. Why is this in Rants, Flames and NSFW?

Can Varsoon and Pyzjn exist at the same time? One is not the PH for the other, and I don't want to have to kill Varsoon every time I see him, which is every time so far.

Juugox2
10-31-2011, 07:33 AM
lol guess i was a lucky bastard when it came to pyzjn toke me 5mins to camp went there she was up droped gbs lol

Naez 4.20
10-31-2011, 11:49 AM
lol

Sickle
10-31-2011, 12:40 PM
I believe Varsoon is a PH, but once you kill him you can leave up Varsoon the undying as he is not.

Best spot is to sit on the hill/mountain aea between path and skele ruins. She will wander toward the ruins after casting her pet.

Rais
10-31-2011, 04:12 PM
The spawn cycle breaks, just like in FM, and TT for seb key. So it's a hit or miss.

Merkin
10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
nerd alert

MrSparkle001
10-31-2011, 06:55 PM
I believe Varsoon is a PH, but once you kill him you can leave up Varsoon the undying as he is not.

Best spot is to sit on the hill/mountain aea between path and skele ruins. She will wander toward the ruins after casting her pet.

So you gotta kill Varsoon anyway? From what I saw about the spawn Varsoon is one possibility from any of the PH, Varsoon being 3% and Pyzjn 7%. It didn't say Varsoon himself was a PH though.

I don't want to screw up my faction too much by killing him over and over. I'm amiable in the temple and use it regularly when I'm in the area, like when camping Pyzjn. I've been leaving him up and going after the other PH but no luck (but I haven't seen Pyzjn either yet, only Varsoon, over and over and over).

vageta31
10-31-2011, 08:03 PM
If you don't kill Varsoon then the cycle won't continue, it's that simple. He is on the possible spawn table just as Pyzjin. If you don't kill Pyzjin then she will stay up until morning and the same goes for Varsoon. If he pops and you wait it out then your Pyzjin hunting is essentially over for the night.

MrSparkle001
10-31-2011, 09:47 PM
OK, I'll have to deal with that then.

I still have to ask though why this thread is in Rants, Flames and NSFW?

MrSparkle001
11-01-2011, 02:18 AM
I also had the spawns worked out wrong. It's simpler than what I was doing. I was going by the live script posted elsewhere so I was running around killing everything.