PDA

View Full Version : Do corpses expire with items on them? Meaning that you can never get the items back?

Fenrisulfr
04-09-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm sure this has already been asked, but I'm on forum runner on my iPhone and can't find a thread about it.

I logged on my Druid to play him for the first time in a year and I found out my character had died and never retrieved his corpse. Anything that I can do to get my corpse and items or are they gone for good? :/

Klyre
04-09-2011, 10:15 PM
They are gone for good unless you can convince the Dev's otherwise. I wouldn't hold my breath though

Gorgetrapper
04-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Petition. More than likely, the GMs will help you out. I can tell you that Hobby is pretty good at this. Don't listen to klyre.

Klyre
04-09-2011, 10:35 PM
I didn't say that they wouldn't help him. but the only way it is going to happen if you talk to the devs

Hobby
04-10-2011, 02:19 AM
The dev's have absolutely nothing to do with anything but coding. Hense : Developers.

GMs, on the otherhand, as well as guides, deal with player issues. I have personally re-summoned over 40 expired corpses for people who quit playing after a death.

It is by far one of the most common petition we get that is easily answerable (next to surnames). All it takes is a /petition ingame and its solved generally that day or by the next.

nalkin
04-10-2011, 02:39 AM
The dev's have absolutely nothing to do with anything but coding. Hense : Developers.

GMs, on the otherhand, as well as guides, deal with player issues. I have personally re-summoned over 40 expired corpses for people who quit playing after a death.

It is by far one of the most common petition we get that is easily answerable (next to surnames). All it takes is a /petition ingame and its solved generally that day or by the next.

Good to know. I got a corpse in kedge just itching to disappear with a firework still on it. Its the ground bloom flower one too, don't wanna lose that sucker.

Klyre
04-10-2011, 12:48 PM

I stand corrected. I curtsy to your awesomeness.

Lazortag
04-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Did GM's help people with expired corpses on live? Not that it matters, but I kind of liked the idea that you would lose all your items at lower levels back in the day (since they didn't take long to poof at lower levels). It certainly discouraged twinking. At later levels I don't really mind if they recover corpses for people.

casdegere
04-11-2011, 07:42 AM
I don't think helping people out with expired corpses goes against Classic at all. It is a player specific service for people who wish to come back to the server that left their characters in a bad state. Lets all be thankful the CS on this server is NOT like Live k?

gnomishfirework
04-11-2011, 08:09 AM
I don't think helping people out with expired corpses goes against Classic at all. It is a player specific service for people who wish to come back to the server that left their characters in a bad state. Lets all be thankful the CS on this server is NOT like Live k?

You could Get help with a corpse on live, couldn't you? I feel like I heard of people getting help with them.

Valroth66
04-11-2011, 08:34 AM
It just took a lot longer on live, I know a few people that had it done.

tristantio
04-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Hobby, you mention surnames...if I have a typo in my surname on one of my characters can I get that fixed?

Or do you mean the /surname requests get sent to you for approval?

casdegere
04-11-2011, 11:13 AM
My comment was for Live CS in general.