PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Resist Rates on Spells

Mehav
10-27-2009, 02:07 AM
I've noticed that since the last patch, I've been getting an abnormal amount of resist rates on blue mobs. It seems almost identical to casting on a red mob within 4 levels. A single blue mob within 2 or 3 levels of me resists anywhere from 2 to 4 dots a fight, and also root seems completely resist more often, seems to break much earlier, or break immediately from any direct damage no matter how small it is. Before the patch it seemed much more reasonable to me, I would get maybe 1 resist per fight on dots if that, and maybe one root resist. On reds/gambles the resist rates seemed pretty close to what they are now, or possibly a little better.

After talking with a few people I play with, they seem to report the opposite, but they also play different classes. Anyway, I'm wondering if this is an issue across the board, or maybe certain classes seem to be affected more than others. Please post below if you notice either case, maybe we can narrow it down and try to figure out if there is a problem. For reference the dots I'm referring to are both poison and disease dots.

Pyrocat
10-27-2009, 06:56 AM
I've been experiencing a similar problem, with slow and malaise especially. Malaise almost never lands for me, it's rarely even worth casting, especially on yellow+ mobs.

Jify
10-27-2009, 11:03 AM
I've been experiencing a similar problem, with slow and malaise especially. Malaise almost never lands for me, it's rarely even worth casting, especially on yellow+ mobs.

I had more than average resists on Malaise as well. (or whatever the magician equivalent is) But boy, does it ever pull agro! Never remember that, I could probably agro kite with the best of them now 8)

Entrance
10-27-2009, 11:23 AM
AS a chanter, even after tashing, i land maybe 1 outta 3 Sanity warps, and slow casts on white/yellow mobs