PDA

View Full Version : A new twist on pvp rules: guild-based pvp

Ropethunder
04-26-2011, 02:42 AM
I played on Rallos Zek and I'm a big supporter for a FFA server. But I understand that there are also a lot of people who want team pvp or faction pvp.

How about guild pvp? It's new. It's unique. And it hasn't been done in EQ before (unless I missed something!)

Non-guilded individuals are FFA rogues/pariah/gluttons for punishment.

The way it would work is: you cannot pvp people in your guild and guild/group members are protected from AOEs, etc, etc.

Guilds can attack other guilds but they can also form alliances /guildalliance <guild> that extend the non-pvp aspect. Guilds can later /guildwar <guild> to initate a war. And even /guildpeace <guild> <days> <hours> to form strategic, temporary alliances or contract-based alliances.

Now not only will personal reputation be important but guild reputation will have a very lasting effect. If one individual abuses their non-pvp rights by assisting in the assassination of a fellow guild member then either the guild would take action or burden of proof could taint their reputation.

What do you guys think? :)

Stylez
04-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Been done eqemu, It was called guildwars :)

Knuckle
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
pretty much what vztz has been for the past 3 years

Salty
04-27-2011, 04:01 AM
Exactly how vztz was except for the "guildwar/guildalliance" crap.

Worked perfectly. Best experience EQ could provide from ffa.

georgie
04-27-2011, 05:42 PM
adding more to what there already is, is doing way too much. people will complain give them less to complain about. it's gonna end up coming out being that one guild is allied with all the guilds on the server and it'll be messy. just let it be one or the other we don't need more game types to consider.