PDA

View Full Version : if a server opens, and whats good pvp class?

bakkily
04-30-2011, 06:13 PM
k, yea ill say im def maybe a bluebie, i never played on a pvp server on eq, though i did tons of arena stuff with friends

but other games ive always played on a pvp server, shoot pvp is even hard core on the game tibia, and i still play there, only lvl 25, but i still pwn others

id love for this server opens, but talking with a friend of mine, he said that many of you are known to cheat, i hope this doesnt happen, i dont know if you guys cheat, but he said that alot of the rz,tz, lets leave the cheat programs out of game and enjoy some real pvp action

and whats the best pvp class? doubt ill do a shaman, if so ogre maybe, thinking of a bard, or at least some nice class thats good in groups, and i can solo

Terpuntine
04-30-2011, 06:34 PM
U for srs?

Penoy Lives
04-30-2011, 07:02 PM
ur all being trolled... red99 will never happen

Macken
04-30-2011, 07:22 PM
id love for this server opens, but talking with a friend of mine, he said that many of you are known to cheat, i hope this doesnt happen, i dont know if you guys cheat, but he said that alot of the rz,tz, lets leave the cheat programs out of game and enjoy some real pvp action

Do not get confused.. Both red and blue servers have cheaters. The only difference is it is alot easier to catch someone cheating on a red server.

There are those who travel around and do nothing but try and catch people cheating. It's their pvp. It has a greater reward because when you pk someone that way, it can be permanant depending on the staff. From my experience, it is very hard to get a cheater punished and takes alot of time and effort by many players and staff to convict a player fairly. And yes some GMs know less about the game than you would think and will claim game knowledge superiority while not being worthy to manage a lemonade stand and ban you falsely which happened alot on VZTZ. Think Wehrmacht with a gm badge.

My advice is to download fraps and have it ready. Take movies of them hacking, and pm them to the authorities. It could easily take 6 months to convict with certainty. My favorite thing to do is to send the perp a tell everyday "it's only a matter of time". It taunts them everyday until they are finally caught. I imagine it's harder for them to have fun when everyone is sending them tells that they know they are cheating. Alot of cheaters will only be caught with mass petitions, which will trigger an investigation that could last months. Be patient. I noticed VZTZ staff eventually nailed the worst perps, but the sneakier ones got away with it.

Haul
04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
In the 6 months I played vz/tz before it closed, cheating really didn't have any effect on my individual gameplay. Never witnessed anyone cheating with the exception of maybe once or twice where it seemed cheats could have been involved. The devs and staff this time around are actually active. Whereas in garage box they'd login once in a blue moon. Weeding out the few scumbags who are uber nerds and use cheats shouldn't really be that difficult or effect the game on a large scale imo.

Pudge
04-30-2011, 09:01 PM
there will be many ppl who use some sort of map hack (either show eq or MQ) to tell your location. so just assume ppl will know where you are.. but other than that there isnt much anyone can do in pvp to affect the outcome of the battle without being obvious.

only things harder to detect and you need to look out for are:

1. "/stick" command - if someone seems to be able to melee you constantly even though you are moving erratically. the hack allows them to auto-follow you within melee range, so they can auto-attack. try strafe running (in a straight line) to escape this. however, if they use this in conjunction with #2, then you will likely die anyway. GM will have to witness and make a judgement call in order to prosecute.. very hard

2. speed hacks - if someone sets their run speed to just slightly above SoW, you will never be able to escape them, and never be able to catch them.. also hard to prosecute, b/c GM will have to witness this himself, and check their buffs. ((unless p99 has some kind of detection system that vztz did not))

but once you know about these things (mostly the speed hack) just look out for it and if you see it, petition the guy's name. GMs will get an idea over time who is actually hacking and who isn't (there are always false-reports, usually made by ppl who didn't understand how they died so they default to accusing hax). then it just becomes a matter of catching them.

what class to play? if you stick with shaman you could do pretty well. you got sow, cheetah, some good dots that are hard to resist.. resist buffs, heals.. a pet. and the ability to make potions, which ppl will need now that they can no longer 2-box or level their own potion-bot to create potions for themselves.

PS: heh. one time i was fighting a guy and i snared him, he paused a second, then shot off at full speed! the buff never even left him, he just ramped up his run speed. it was kinda lol. he got petitioned by me that time, also apparently known by others to hack as well. afer a week, i never saw him again (he got banned). i think the guy's name was Jakkt or something. was a wizard. Boom knows, apparently boom came to pvp him also and we ended up fighting eachother, as well as talking about jakkt's hax

Pudge
04-30-2011, 09:07 PM
and yea like haul is saying, cheating really wasnt a big deal on vztz near the end. ppl did get busted if they were doing retarded shit. and GMs were really good about checking up on ppl.. both randomly checking in, and also if you petitioned.

Salty
04-30-2011, 10:05 PM
1-20 mage is the most powerful class everytime.

lethdar
05-01-2011, 02:47 AM
never play a mage bros.

Doors
05-01-2011, 04:35 AM

This.

Mardur
05-01-2011, 07:42 AM
That Jakkt guy plays Altergate I think, I'll remember to PK him for you.

lethdar
05-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Holocaust is rolling x5 rogue and cleric, hop on the rogue bandwagon if you want to rule at pvp.

Foxx
05-01-2011, 12:11 PM
holocaust doin it big??? is zubie gonna play or is he in jail still

Sharkeye
05-01-2011, 03:46 PM
So basically you have to have at least showEQ like everybody else in order to be a competitive aggressive PK?

Pudge
05-01-2011, 05:23 PM
no, you dont need hacks to compete. you just have to be aware that hiding in a corner might not work

bakkily
05-01-2011, 05:32 PM
if i do shaman, going the ogre route maybe, but on p99 when i first started did a shaman, but i played like a mad man the first month, like 7-10 hours a day every day for a month and got lvl 30 that way, but then from 30+, i started in end of feb/begining of march, and from march to june i played 2-3 hours a day casually till i got 50, but sold him for plat and restarted the iksar

easily lvld the iksar, though lvls 1-14 was tough, 14-28 was cake due to mm snout ring quest, 3 1/2 hours of camping em got me 14 lvls =P, was great, but doubt ill do a shaman, it depends, if some of us formed a guild before server came out, ill do a shaman or cleric, but i plan on doing druid maybe or mage, maybe mage cuz i like priest classes, but not a arcane magic fan, though mages do kick ass, but then again i was thinking bard, but i lvld a sk along time ago and remember how hard it was with the hybrid

mage is ez mode, and played one on p99 to 20 already and do enjoy the class, but ill see

Ennoia
05-01-2011, 05:54 PM

If that's true I'll fucking buy Rogean a lobster dinner.

bakkily
05-01-2011, 06:15 PM
would be awesome if this server opened up, hell of alot more tougher then p99 server, only because you really have to watch your self, i just hope theres a good community here, if not i wont be here for long if server opens

thats why i left age of conan, community was horrid there, just jerks n assholes, well plenty of cool people, but on both pve and pvp server, was the same, left back in december 09 before i started vanguard up again then found out there about this project =}, but lets not piss rogean off enough so he doesnt open a server up, and doubt you will buy him ennoia, 100 bucks in gas or more to drive it to him, and he will say, sorry taste like shit due to yer long drive, good luck with that one

saucer
05-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I fucking love reading your posts Bakkily. I am being serious. That is all.

Macken
05-01-2011, 07:35 PM
I like his avatar.

lethdar
05-02-2011, 06:38 AM
holocaust doin it big??? is zubie gonna play or is he in jail still

Zubie is now out of prison and has passed his time with minimal buttrape and maximal working out. He is now bench pressing hos under house arrest playing rift.

naez
05-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I like his avatar.

I like his signature.

Dojii
05-02-2011, 03:13 PM
i just hope theres a good community here, if not i wont be here for long if server opens

thats why i left age of conan, community was horrid there

Nothing will make a box community go rancid quicker than lack of GM's. P99 has a good foundation though and I doubt there will be any problems that can't be addressed and fixed.

The irony is that on VZTZ, blues/P99 was basically the antimatter of PVP. The subject of our ridicule and disdain. Now it appears to be our very salvation. The saga unfolds.

Walk It Out
05-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Nothing will make a box community go rancid quicker than lack of GM's. P99 has a good foundation though and I doubt there will be any problems that can't be addressed and fixed.

The irony is that on VZTZ, blues/P99 was basically the antimatter of PVP. The subject of our ridicule and disdain. Now it appears to be our very salvation. The saga unfolds.

this

MegamanXZOBMV
05-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Dunno about good PvP classes, but I had tons of fun on Tallon Zek with a Dark Elf Enchanter. Good ol' Minor illusion into a cactus at Freeport, nukin' people as they walked by and havin' 'em looking around for whatever was killing them.

I made quite a few characters for the Team PvP servers.. but my Enchanter was the most fun because of things like that.

bakkily
05-04-2011, 01:30 AM
yes, ive decided im going to go the ogre shaman route, at first, figure at lvl 9, i get sow, and the first night i can grind it out fast maybe =} depends if i get ganged up too much

i think i played on rz, i cant really say played, because i never really did, just messed around there, the server where it was diffrent sides against each other, because i think it makes sense that all faydwer bands together, northern antonica, besides dark elves, and darkies are with southern antonica

i have thought of a pretty good idea, but seems you all want ffa

tranch
05-04-2011, 02:25 PM
really the best pvp class completely depends on what role you want to play in group or mass pvp. Realistically that is the most fun is like 3-5 man all the way up to guild vs guild pvp. I played the home run hitter on live tz (Monk named Skippie) and then played the complete opposite on tzvz emu (Cleric named Tranch) and both are a lot of fun but I have found that there are way more good home run hitters in pvp so if you have good healers you tend to do way better so I have really enjoyed the cleric on emu

Knuckle
05-04-2011, 02:34 PM
The best combination is Tranch Cleric Knuckle Monk

naez
05-04-2011, 02:40 PM
sat down and my ass exploded into the shitter, mud butt felt bomb bros orgasmic ate oodles of noodles yerrday now im shittin up this thread sup?

Salty
05-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Gonna go get some thai and join ya bro

Xareth
05-05-2011, 01:44 PM
\The irony is that on VZTZ, blues/P99 was basically the antimatter of PVP. The subject of our ridicule and disdain. Now it appears to be our very salvation. The saga unfolds.

Funny I was thinking the same thing, but when I saw "red" next to p99 everything changed....