PDA

View Full Version : Multi/Dual/Quad-Core Issues

Rogean
02-28-2010, 05:11 AM
If you are experiencing issues with rapid movement, or very slow movement / frame rate, double durations, crashing, etc, try running EQ under WinEQ2, Found at Http://www.lavishsoft.com.

Liamney
03-16-2010, 07:44 PM
I was having issues with my Dule Core ADM, vista laptop.
(modern technology just isnt what it used to be)

I tired all of the fixes on the EQemu forums with temporary success and ultimately no success.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

I came across this fix which has worked great.

> Open the start menu, click on Run,type in msconfig and click on OK

> In the System Configuration window click on the start sub menu and the on Advanced Options button.

> In the second window that appear, you should be provide with an option for enabling and disabling the number of processors you want to use.

> Validate your entry by clicking on OK.

> Restart your PC and it should be fine.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/616-multicore-cpu-how-to-disable-a-core

I have experienced two "new" freezes that may be linked to this process, but i change a lot of things on my computer often. So, there is no validity to this claim. and it has never happened playing EQ (which is what matters)

don't forget to turn your dule core back on for other things!

Toboggan
03-23-2010, 02:07 PM
I, on occasion, run on an AMD multicore on XP. I tried the recommended downloads and still had the locking animation problem. My fix was to run EQ under Win98 compatibility. So far, no problems.

mitic
03-26-2010, 05:12 AM
I, on occasion, run on an AMD multicore on XP. I tried the recommended downloads and still had the locking animation problem. My fix was to run EQ under Win98 compatibility. So far, no problems.

please provide the steps to make it run "under win98 compatibility" in XP, thanks!

yt2005
03-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.
Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.

http://www.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/windowsxp/images/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/compattab.jpg

Source (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/appcompat.mspx)

Pikle
03-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah I'm getting kicked off every time I zone and even when I log into server or hit enter world. I get in about once every 20 mins and if I zone I get kicked off. I just reformatted this week and it's a new issue. Been playing EQ emu for months with no problems like this. I do also have a dual-core issue, was just wondering if you guys had any other solutions.

I've tried, Process Explorer, setting affinity for 1 processor, can't run in windows 98 that way, but I can run most anything else, doesn't work. I can't run in Win EQ, not sure how to get my eq files to show, can't find anything on that. I have been trying to install amd optimizer but can't install that atm, some file is messed up or something. Does anyone have any other fixes that might work?

Eastwood
03-27-2010, 06:45 PM
That WinEQ2.15 Lite (free) has really helped my EQ performance, everything from mouse issues to zoning crashes.

Thanks

Mordachai
03-30-2010, 02:07 PM
i changed my everquest shortcut to be:

cmd.exe /C Start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme

This does require that your EQ directory be in your path to work, but it forces the program to only use CPU 1 and solved all of my initial problems.

Credit does not go to me, I found it on eqemulator forums, just thought i would add it here for people who may not check there.

Nomura
04-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Mordachai,

where did you enter that? In the *Target pathway under the shortcut Properties?

I have awful problems with my game, and I was suggested, lots of things, which still havent brought a solution, but when I tried doing something like that, a) something happened and I couldnt even start the game at all, but then b) something in the path I think I fixed, or was strange, and the cmd part seemed to work, but then I kept getting an error that the location cant be found or something. Any ideas?

Would love to not be perma snared/lagged.

Rabkorik
04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I would also like to know how Mord did this.

mgellan
04-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm running Xp Pro SP2 and I don't see AFFINITY listed as an option under Start... if I try this command line it returns "Invalid switch - "affinity"" so perhaps this is a Vista thing?

What works for me is the following in Target:

C:\Path to EQ\EverQuest\RunFirst.exe "eqgame.exe patchme"

with the path to EQ in the Start In field.

You can download RunFirst from http://www.activeplus.com/Products/RunFirst - it's free.

Regards,
Mg

Ellena
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
So I've just built my own computer for the first time :D! But... Unfortunately, I was unaware of the dual core issues when I bought the computer parts and what not :\. So I've got an AMD dual core processor, and I'm running windows 7(64bit), and I've tried everything that's been listen on this site and the emu site. I've tried changing the affinity to running 1 core, and I've tried using different programs listed that are suppose to help, and automatically change the affinity, but EQ still appears to be running in 2 cores.When I log in to the game, things seem to be moving pretty fast (for instance, I cast levitate and I'm bouncing all fast instead of bobbing slowly), and then I go LD after about 5mins. Sometimes when I go LD and the game crashes, I get that terrible blue screen >.< Today I installed SoF hoping it would work better, but there seems to be no change. Someone told me I needed to disable hyperthreading? But after reading about it I came across something that said AMD processors don't have hyperthreading.. I'm pretty much stuck and irritated and would greatly appreciate any help :[

Update: I ended up installing windows xp so that I could dual boot in to either windows 7 or windows xp. Installed EQ on to the windows xp, and also a program called Process Explorer which I could use to change the affinity to 1 core. EQ still runs a little fast, but It's playable and I don't get kicked off after 5mins of play time anymore :]

Rabkorik
04-23-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm running Xp Pro SP2 and I don't see AFFINITY listed as an option under Start... if I try this command line it returns "Invalid switch - "affinity"" so perhaps this is a Vista thing?

What works for me is the following in Target:

C:\Path to EQ\EverQuest\RunFirst.exe "eqgame.exe patchme"

with the path to EQ in the Start In field.

You can download RunFirst from http://www.activeplus.com/Products/RunFirst - it's free.

Regards,
Mg

Was this the exact thing you had in the Target: line and did you put RunFirst.exe in the Everquest folder? I can't get this line to work for some reason,

Xadion
04-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Inel duo here and I run at slower than walk speed.. I downloaded that program and registered but i never lets me log in to run it.. I made a working shortcut with Mordachai's fix and it still does not work. first time I have had issues with an intel duel core :( missed out on the 25% exp week bc of this ! boo

anyone with intel issue that can help me some more? :-D thanks

Nomura
04-30-2010, 09:50 AM
I downloaded that and tried to type it int he Target window, but it just say its invalid and it wont let me proceed. This is starting to really aggravate me >< Why cant I get this fixed~! (

AstyTZ
05-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I've got Intel dual core with Windows 7 and was having the slow motion issue. I've tried a myriad of things, but what was most effective for me was to reboot, go into the BIOS, and under Performance, I disabled SpeedStepp. Once I did that, the slow motion problem improved significantly. I could make it even better by setting the affinity, etc, but disabling SpeedStep is what made the big difference. It rarely occurs now. I've read that based on what BIOS you have, you may or may not have the ability to disable this.

mgellan
05-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Was this the exact thing you had in the Target: line and did you put RunFirst.exe in the Everquest folder? I can't get this line to work for some reason,

Yup, thats the exact line, and yes I put runfirst.exe in the EQ folder. The "Start In" is the Everquest folder as well.

Try navigating to the EQ folder and running it on the command line so you see any error messages... Run/cmd.exe, cd to EQ folder, run that command line...

Regards,
Mg

kai4785
05-18-2010, 10:39 AM
In Windows Vista/7 you can use the Task Manager to set the affinity of a program after it launches. I usually play in a window, so it doesn't bother me to have to open task manager to set the affinity.

Just make sure you only bind it to a single core.

Thrymm
05-21-2010, 12:24 AM
In Windows Vista/7 you can use the Task Manager to set the affinity of a program after it launches. I usually play in a window, so it doesn't bother me to have to open task manager to set the affinity.

I did this and it worked like a charm... I guess I'll have to do this each time since you need to go into the task manager.

I've had the same dual core AMD from when I was playing on the combine, but that was XP (and 32bit of course), and now win7/64 bit.

Thanks! :)

AR3151
05-21-2010, 08:33 AM

i tried this, but everquest stops working when i go to task manager and set the affinity.

Ihealyou
05-21-2010, 10:03 AM
i tried this, but everquest stops working when i go to task manager and set the affinity.

You could try creating a .bat file to launch eq with.

start /affinity 1 filename.exe

should launch it with the affinity set.

fohkure
05-28-2010, 05:30 AM
I installed wineq2 lite and it is making my screen look like everything is happening in slow motion. What did I do wrong?

Rowl
05-28-2010, 06:15 AM
dual core fix
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81429

only did first 2 steps and it worked

fohkure
05-28-2010, 05:53 PM
As far as I can tell that is only for XP? No driver was listed for my processor as far as I can tell...

AMD Athlonx2 64 is my processor.

Rowl
05-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Um not sure if I did anything different then what I linked, but I have the same processor and it works with WinEq.

Vubbers
05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Fohkure I had the same problem. I increased the FPS limit which you can do in the EQPlayNice preferences section and it seems to work fine. However I'm still crashing/freezing up with WinEQ it seems, although not necessarily zoning like others, but simply at random times (sitting lfg, kiting SG (doh!), etc).

fohkure
05-30-2010, 11:13 PM
I cranked up my processor speed and it works great now. So many FAQ's and searches... all that information starts to melt together after a while : /

Vubbers
05-31-2010, 01:36 PM
So as mentioned above, I don't crash while zoning, but just random times during game play. This also seems to happen more frequently in certain zones. For instance, today I was able to run from EC to MM without any problems, but then once in MM I would repeatedly freeze up, and couldn't stay in the zone without freezing up for more than a minute or so. Once I zoned out to LFay things seem to be ok. This also happened repeatedly in SolB, and I've had random freeze ups in EC, SRo and Oasis as well.

I have a dual core processor (AMD 64 X2 4200) and am currently using an Nvidia 8800gt. I've tried all of the fixes listed here (dual core optimization, setting single processor affinity various ways, running in compatibility modes, using WinEQ etc.) and nothing seems to be working. I just recently reformatted and all drivers should be up to date (which they were before also) so I don't know if there were any changes there that may be causing it.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

vub

Leaching
06-03-2010, 12:36 AM
windows7

I have the same processor vubbers at my friends house on comcast the animations would lock up after about 45 min of play a reboot would fix this game speed issues fixed almost every time I zoned (neriak 3rd gate major super speed issues) wineq2 did nothing only a reboot would work

now I'm back home on at&t dsl, game freezes every time I zone, I have to reboot to log back into game

compatibility modes:
win95 = memory error
win98/me = memory error
winxp sp2 = game loaded worked ok zoned a few times superspeed bug death game crashed
winxp sp3 = freeze on zoning
win vista +sp1 +sp2 = frozen on entering world

can not set affinity game will freeze

I know they fixed these issues on live servers, I haven't used wineq or the duel core optimizer in years

ok so for win7 users:
right click shortcut
properties
compatibility
change settings for all users
run this program as an administrator

(I don't know why this works, and just clicking run this program as an administrator in the compatibility tab doesn't)

hope this helps

Arondos
06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Problem was because two of us on a LAN. Petitioned for IP exemption

I just installed EQ on windows 7. Have tried various compatibility modes. I either get memory errors or when i click to enter world I just get you have been disconnected.

Toad
06-08-2010, 01:00 AM
But did you install WinEQ2?

Seriously. :confused:

Kerygma
06-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Trying to install WinEQ. When I right click the icon and go to preferences, this is all I get

Simplistik
07-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Id try to delete the UI folders and copy them back over from the Cd and patch them accordingly with the "new" ui files that were just released. If that does not work try a fresh install again.

mrybczyn
07-19-2010, 10:12 PM
I tried every trick in here and others, and still had occasional slow run issues. What fixed it for me was turning the sky off and disabling vertex shader, probably something to do with shitty ATI drivers.

So, if you're having persistent slowness issues, try turning off the sky under options->display.

and in eqclient.ini

TextureQuality=1
VertexShaders=FALSE
20PixelShaders=TRUE
14PixelShaders=TRUE
1xPixelShaders=TRUE
MultiPassLighting=FALSE

Lusst
07-27-2010, 11:22 PM

Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.
Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your program.

http://www.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/windowsxp/images/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/compattab.jpg

Source (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/appcompat.mspx)

Thanks a ton guys - that solved it!

Afflictus
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
I was having issues with my Dule Core ADM, vista laptop.
(modern technology just isnt what it used to be)

I tired all of the fixes on the EQemu forums with temporary success and ultimately no success.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

I came across this fix which has worked great.

> Open the start menu, click on Run,type in msconfig and click on OK

> In the System Configuration window click on the start sub menu and the on Advanced Options button.

> In the second window that appear, you should be provide with an option for enabling and disabling the number of processors you want to use.

> Validate your entry by clicking on OK.

> Restart your PC and it should be fine.

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/616-multicore-cpu-how-to-disable-a-core

I have experienced two "new" freezes that may be linked to this process, but i change a lot of things on my computer often. So, there is no validity to this claim. and it has never happened playing EQ (which is what matters)

don't forget to turn your dule core back on for other things!

Why I didn't do this option first, I don't know. After trying many other things this was the solution for me.

Win7
dual core

I just disable the dual core and run on one core --> restart --> fire up di.fm --> play eq
Just make sure to enable your dual core when you are done playing and shut down / restart your computer.

I have not seen any new bugs or glitches with eq or any other program while using this method.

-Afflictus

fwaits
08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
All I did was create a new txt file and put the following text inside:

start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme

Then rename said file to filename.bat (Whatever name you want with .bat instead of .txt) in your Everquest folder.

I then made a shortcut to that batch file and use that to launch the game. It launches the eqgame.exe bound to 1 CPU core and the problems go away for me. Windows 7 x64 with AMD Dual-Core CPU.

Savok
08-04-2010, 12:07 AM

Then rename said file to filename.bat (Whatever name you want with .bat instead of .txt) in your Everquest folder.

I then made a shortcut to that batch file and use that to launch the game. It launches the eqgame.exe bound to 1 CPU core and the problems go away for me. Windows 7 x64 with AMD Dual-Core CPU.

Exactly what I have done. Works perfectly on Live and P1999.

Aarone
08-23-2010, 01:47 PM

Exactly what I have done. Works perfectly on Live and P1999.

Can you spell this fix out for an idiot (i.e.: me)? Specifically, I should:

Find the Everquest folder in my Programs;
Open it - create a new text file;
enter the following line: start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme
rename it to EQwhatever.bat, and save it in the EQ folder;
Open Properties on my EQ shortcut (already on my desktop) and enter **what??** in the Target line? The name of the .bat file? (This is where I'm being an idiot, I think, but I'm not Windows savvy and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night)

Thank you for your patience and advice! :D

mgellan
08-23-2010, 01:51 PM

Open Properties on my EQ shortcut (already on my desktop) and enter **what??** in the Target line? The name of the .bat file? (This is where I'm being an idiot, I think, but I'm not Windows savvy and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night)

This only works on Vista and Win7 FWIW, not xp.

Regards,
Mg

Aarone
08-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Yes, I'm using Win7, not XP.

So, my assumptions are correct, then?

fwaits
08-23-2010, 05:57 PM

The PATH to the bat file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Everquest\filename.bat) for example... Easier way to make a shortcut is just to right click the bat file in your Everquest folder and select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut) and then name it. You can then right-click (the shortcut) and select Properties then Change Icon and browse to everquest.exe or eqgame.exe to give your shortcut that icon if you choose.

Divarin
08-23-2010, 09:10 PM
the .bat file you made is what you should use to launch the game
make a shortcut of that and put it on the desktop, replacing the shortcut to eq you already have on your desktop
if you care about the icon you can edit the properties of the shortcut to take eqgame.exe's icon

Tork
08-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Running a Macbook Pro 15 (i7 266, 4GB RAM) - fully patched OSX, with Bootcamp 3.1, also fully patched, and Win 7 Ultimate, also fully patched, EQ Ti client installed per the setup guide.

I can log in fine, get to char select fine and run around in the Explore mode fine. The game will run like champ the few times I've managed to enter the game, but zone times are horrific (2+ min), if they load at all. Sometimes the wifi adaptor will crash and need to restart. Switching to ethernet and disabling wifi adaptor still leads to horrific load times, if it loads at all.

I have tried all the suggestions here, including scaling back to 1 processor - no change.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Rasterburn
08-29-2010, 07:18 AM
It's already been mentioned in this thread, but I wanted to affirm what I think is the best method for getting the game to behave itself on quad-core systems.

Change the "Target" line in your desktop shortcut so that it looks like this:

cmd.exe /C START "EverQuest" /BelowNormal /affinity 1 "F:\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Note that you will need to change the part in bold to whatever your own EQ folder is. On my machine, it's located in F:\Everquest. On your machine, it may be in a different folder. Just set it up accordingly.

In the "Start In" box, likewise make sure that it points to your Everquest folder.

That command will launch Everquest and force it to run on a single core (core1 in this case). Don't worry about the command that says "BelowNormal." That simply tells Windows not to try to run that game as a dual or quad core app. Keep in mind that the EQ client was designed long before people were running monster quad-core rigs that run with 3+ GB core speeds. So we need to tame it, if we want to keep it from glitching out.

When you make this change, your desktop icon for EQ will change. No worries... just click on the "Change icon" button for the shortcut and navigate to your EQ folder. Pick any icon that you see in there which pleases you.

Hope this helps, for anyone who may still have been confused about the procedures.

Tork
08-29-2010, 11:35 AM
I'll give it another shot and update with results - my prior attempt with /affinity did not have the /BelowNormal switch.

Thank you.

Rasterburn
08-29-2010, 01:46 PM
If it's still glitchy using the /BelowNormal switch, then you might even try using the /Low switch instead of /BelowNormal. On a modern fast rig, running the EQ client at low priority will not cause any noticeable slowdowns and might actually make it a bit more stable.

Tork
08-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Will give that a shot - the problem isn't the game in operation, but rather the zoning/loading process, if that makes sense.

The few times I've made it into game, it ran smoothly - but getting there is the trick.

Very sad ><

Tork
08-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Loading from the char select screen is improved, zoning between zones remains either very long, or crashes.

Also, I've notice while the Task Manager reports 1-5% usage, my mac gets blazing hot and the fans start screaming. Terminating EQ returns it to normal.

It sucks I can't get this going - I'm open to trying just about anything you guys might suggest?

Uaellaen
08-29-2010, 04:07 PM
only one, dont use a mac :p for gamers its not the right platform ;)

Taluvill
08-29-2010, 05:26 PM
only one, dont use a mac :p for gamers its not the right platform ;)

hehe. Win suggestion

Uaellaen
08-29-2010, 05:40 PM
well i may have another ... did you try WinEQ? its from lavish software, there is a free light version appearantly ... it makes the ap run in a more ressource friendly enviorment ...

Tork
08-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Thank you, I'll give WinEQ a shot.

Tork
08-31-2010, 07:54 PM
No change from before:

Launch = good.
Login = good.
Server Select = good.
Character Select = good.

Initial Zone load = good, but CPU usage starts going crazy, 24-70% on all cores of the i7
Secondary Zone load = lengthy, wifi on computer crashes - if using ethernet, CPU usage continues to escalate.

Fans kick in like a jet landing - I chicken out and /quit.

If I attempt to zone a 3rd time, black screen crash.

Things I've tried:

I:
Bootcamp+Win7U - no change.
Bootcamp+Win7U+run as admin - no change.
Bootcamp+Win7U+shortcut with start/affinity/low - no change.
Bootcamp+Win7U+moved out of Program Files and to Users/ - no change.

II:
WinEQ2 Lite + I - no change.

III:
VM Fusion + I - no change.
VM Fusion + II - no change.

IV:
VM Fusion constrained to 1 CPU - no change (all cores tach out in underlying OSX).
VM Fusion constrained to 1 CPU + I - same as above.
VM Fusion constrained to 1 CPU + II - same as above.

V:
DX9c - no change.
DX9c + I-IV - no change, no change, no change, no change.

Going to try to make an XP VM next if I can find an SP2 disc, but I've got no reason to think it'll work any better~

So, anyhow - if there are any other suggestions, I'm open - if not, what's the ideal computer to play P1999 on? I've got to believe just buying a $300 laptop from BestBuy would be better than fighting this ><

Tork
09-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Just updating for any future lost hopefuls,

VMFusion3 + WinXPSP3 + DirectX 9.0c - no change.

(CPU usage goes through the roof).

It's got to be something with the i7 processor and/or OSX. =/

Tork
09-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Other documentation:

Updating to the latest game client (2010-09-01) from SOE, and then patching in the required elements (xul.dll, et al.) produces no difference in CPU load.

Kender
09-02-2010, 04:21 AM
wineq2 fixed for me. the batch file method didnt work

on windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Tetrian
09-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Ok, so far I've avoided this problem, simply by having google Chrome open in the background. However that program got an update recently, and now im getting hit full power with the issue. And nothing seems to work.

In short im getting slowed down in game. It seems to be very location specific. As in certain places in zones i get a massive slowdown - other places its just fine.

For instance, in north freeport i run just fine near the bank area. As soon as i exit the yard its like running though water. This slow down effect varies intensity.

Cast bars etc also move slower (spells go off before the bar finishes etc)

So far I've Updated windows, updated graphics drivers. Tried mixing the settings about. Tried /affinity 1 bat file. Tried setting affinity manually in the task manager. Even tried installing wineq2 - all to no use.

Does anyone have a suggestion to what to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance :)

lindz
09-16-2010, 03:26 AM
nm

Phlogiston
09-17-2010, 07:05 PM
That WinEQ2.15 Lite (free) has really helped my EQ performance, everything from mouse issues to zoning crashes.

Thanks

Where do you get this? I can't find the lite version mentioned here anywhere.

fwaits
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Ok, so far I've avoided this problem, simply by having google Chrome open in the background. However that program got an update recently, and now im getting hit full power with the issue. And nothing seems to work.

In short im getting slowed down in game. It seems to be very location specific. As in certain places in zones i get a massive slowdown - other places its just fine.

For instance, in north freeport i run just fine near the bank area. As soon as i exit the yard its like running though water. This slow down effect varies intensity.

Cast bars etc also move slower (spells go off before the bar finishes etc)

So far I've Updated windows, updated graphics drivers. Tried mixing the settings about. Tried /affinity 1 bat file. Tried setting affinity manually in the task manager. Even tried installing wineq2 - all to no use.

Does anyone have a suggestion to what to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance :)

Try changing MaxFPS to 50-60 (From 100 default) in the options window in game.

Gos
09-21-2010, 01:12 AM
I spent hours upon hours trying everything to fix the slow motion. I am running Vista and an AMD dual core.. I simply went to control panel, power options and changed the power option to high performance from the default balanced setting. I am also running WinEQ2. I hope this helps!!

botyty
10-09-2010, 09:57 AM
the .bat file method mentioned previously worked like a charm for me. just remember the file needs to be in the same directory as eqgame.exe. thanks everyone!

kinztz
10-11-2010, 01:14 AM
I was using the velious ui that was supplied in the setup guide on the forums for a bit, after starting to use it my pc started to get the 'slow' down from the dual core like before i did fixes for it.

After removing the velious ui it went away. As a tip to anyone that might be using it and having issues and none of the other fixes help you.

il Siciliano
10-11-2010, 01:30 PM
I just downloaded WinEQ, but no games are listed to select in the toolbar. Their forums are pretty dead so I thought I would try my luck here. Thanks.

il Siciliano
10-11-2010, 03:11 PM
Got the program working, but did not improve performance. I am having the slow movement issues. I will continue to look for solutions.

frostyuz
10-13-2010, 11:44 PM
OK I've tried to read through as much as I can but I think my eyes are going to start bleeding if read anymore.. I run

Windows 7 Home Premium (fully updated and patched)
Intel Core i5 cpu M430 @2.27GHZ
4 gig's of Ram
System Type 64-Bit

I've followed the setup directions to the letter as the best I can tell. Now when I try to start the program my screen goes black as though it's switching video modes then about 3 seconds later I get booted back to my desktop with no errors of any kind, in task manager the system reports no running EQ applications, also no EQ related process are shown active once I'm returned to the desktop.

Engraverwilliam
10-26-2010, 10:51 AM
the way I solved my speed-up glitchy crash while zone was to get logged into the game then go to task manager. Set the affinity to one proc. I also disable any real time scan that my anti virus is doing. Once I can achieve this the game runs smooth.

Kuriin
10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
OK I've tried to read through as much as I can but I think my eyes are going to start bleeding if read anymore.. I run

Windows 7 Home Premium (fully updated and patched)
Intel Core i5 cpu M430 @2.27GHZ
4 gig's of Ram
System Type 64-Bit

I've followed the setup directions to the letter as the best I can tell. Now when I try to start the program my screen goes black as though it's switching video modes then about 3 seconds later I get booted back to my desktop with no errors of any kind, in task manager the system reports no running EQ applications, also no EQ related process are shown active once I'm returned to the desktop.

This happened to me initially when I hadn't set up video card options.

For the core affinity issues, can't you just go into the EQClient.ini file and type in coreaffinity=1? 255 should be all cores, right?

pigeons
11-04-2010, 01:06 AM
I've had the same issue as others have on this thread. However, I cannot resolve mine for the life of me.

I've tried everything in this thread plus things not listed in this thread. Many things help a slight bit, but do not resolve or come close to resolving the utter migraine this issue has become.

I'm currently running a Dell Studio laptop w/ Windows Vista. Running a Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'd try anything.

Things I've tried:

Running vista on 1 core
Setting the affinity manually
Setting the affinity through target options in the .exe
Setting the affinity through a .bat file
Running WinEQ2
Shutting off all running processes
Shutting off anti-virus
Using a wireless network
Using a wired network
Running w/ no sound
Running priority above normal, normal, and below normal

pigeons
11-04-2010, 06:35 AM
I would just like to see I have resolved my issue thanks to a very helpful guild mate. I believe someone may have mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I disabled speedstep in my bios. That has resolved my issue 100%. No need for anything else. Hope this helps everyone else out there!

nagus69
11-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Did you try this yet

I had a similar issue on a 2.2 ghz dual core (intel). What i did is went to power settings and set min and max cpu to 50% so it would not throttle up and down.

THEN start EQ. Worked ALOT better that way.p

nagus69
11-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Yes thats basically the same fix (for people like me who don't have the option in the BIOS :))

Randle
11-05-2010, 12:54 AM
I attempted every combination of every fix as listed throughout the entirety of this thread. In the end, turning off SpeedStep through the BIOS at startup fixed the issue I was having (extremely slow character movement) and renders the game 100% playable. I would highly recommend this as a starting point for anyone using Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate as it was the only thing that worked for me.

Tillas
11-14-2010, 05:28 AM
OK. What am I doing wrong here.
I can get into the game using my modified eq shortcut with the target:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

I have a quad core so I can see some mob path stuttering, therefore I decided to give Wineq 2.15 Lite a try.

I went to preferences and made sure that the correct path was:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

I ran the profile and got "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I need some assistance here. Running XP 32bit.

septimus
11-18-2010, 09:46 PM
OK. What am I doing wrong here.
I can get into the game using my modified eq shortcut with the target:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

I have a quad core so I can see some mob path stuttering, therefore I decided to give Wineq 2.15 Lite a try.

I went to preferences and made sure that the correct path was:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

I ran the profile and got "eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I need some assistance here. Running XP 32bit.

This happened to me when I had enabled compatibility mode for eqgame.exe. Try turning it off.

Tillas
11-19-2010, 05:05 PM
This happened to me when I had enabled compatibility mode for eqgame.exe. Try turning it off.

Thank you Septimus. You called it. Works fine now.

Chablis
11-26-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm So glad there's a fix for my problem. I just wish I could understand what I'm supposed to do to fix it. Could someone help me, please?

Thanks in advance for any help at all.

Chabs

Morlaeth
12-13-2010, 11:08 AM
This thread is helpful for those with freezing, black screen, or crashing.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23441

slouth
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm at a loss at what to do, I can play for 5 min or 20 min before I get amazing lag, I installed Win 7 last night in hopes that it would help with a clean install. And still I get this lag that will last for about 5min.

I've tried the cmd affinity = no luck

Wineq2.0 = no change
compatibility mode win xp = no luck
AMD driver cpu driver = no luck

I'm really at a loss, I dont think I'll be able to contunie playing since I dont want to group with people and do nothing for those 5min, and soloing is a struggle when I do get lag.

Any other suggestions please!!!!

Bukujuju

Mcbard
12-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Run and msconfig, on the boot tab click "advanced options". Select number of processors and set it to 1. Reboot and try again.

shuklak
02-26-2011, 03:05 AM
Where do you download the free WinEQ2 Lite version? Ive looked on that site but all I see is the free trial. When you click that it starts a download but I'm led to believe that's the pay version.

Thetan
02-26-2011, 03:31 AM
http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads.php?p=wineq2

Is the free version.

Chrushev
02-27-2011, 11:07 PM
You can also try the fix I wrote. Check out link to my all in one installer in my signature. Just choose to do CPU fix if you don't want any other features.

casdegere
03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Ok, I am running A Pentium Q6600 Quad Core and Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate, 8Gb ram and a GTX260 video card. Are all multi-processors causing problems?

Chrushev
03-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Ok, I am running A Pentium Q6600 Quad Core and Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate, 8Gb ram and a GTX260 video card. Are all multi-processors causing problems?

ive had no issues with Intel ones. Only AMD ones. So if you arent experiencing issues with your Q6600 then dont worry about fixing it :)

casdegere
03-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Just to throw this in:

Intel Q6600 Quad Core CPU

8GB Ram

Windows Vista 64 Ultimate
(had issues with making EMU modifications due to security protocols but just had to upgrade USER edit rights, lol)

Nvidia GTX 260
(Are we using only the old graphics?)

No play problems what-so-ever and the game appears very much like I remembered except maybe for pet being able to gain agro, nadda.

Marrhault
03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Has anyone with this issue tried turning of speedstepping in the BIOS? I know I used to do this when I would OC alot. Not sure if this is actually the problem or not.

milsorgen
03-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Trying to install WinEQ. When I right click the icon and go to preferences, this is all I get

I just downloaded WinEQ, but no games are listed to select in the toolbar. Their forums are pretty dead so I thought I would try my luck here. Thanks.

From: http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4739

If you launched WinEQ 2 for the first time and it gave an error patching (-20), right click WinEQ 2 on the desktop and select Run as Administrator to allow it to patch.

If it is fully patched and does not list the game you're looking for, right click WinEQ 2 in the system tray and under Options select "Preferences...", then make sure that in the General settings for the game the option "Hide Context Menu" is not set to ON (having it ON will hide it from the WinEQ 2 menu)

Also for those inquiring as to where you get the Lite or free version, there is only one download and for both lite/free and pro. Your version is determined by the account (either free or paid) you must use to log in when starting the software.

Brambletoe
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Ok, so I had this issue when I first installed eq and got p99 going about 6 months ago. The game would slow WAY down at times then jump back to speed. After trying a bunch of the solutions I finally was able to fix the problem by making the start path for eq

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme"

After doing this and adjusting some display settings in game all was well and I have been playing bug free for the past several months. Now just within the last week im having the game speed issues again. As far as i know nothing has changed on my end. I though maybe kunark content was just more demanding, but it didnt start right with kunark. If anyone has any idea what may be causing this issue to re-surface I would love some help.

Nivar Quartz
04-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Ok, so I had this issue when I first installed eq and got p99 going about 6 months ago. The game would slow WAY down at times then jump back to speed. After trying a bunch of the solutions I finally was able to fix the problem by making the start path for eq

"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme"

After doing this and adjusting some display settings in game all was well and I have been playing bug free for the past several months. Now just within the last week im having the game speed issues again. As far as i know nothing has changed on my end. I though maybe kunark content was just more demanding, but it didnt start right with kunark. If anyone has any idea what may be causing this issue to re-surface I would love some help.

Having the exact same issues.... EQ ran fine for 6 months after fixing the path on the icon, then came the v7 patch. I have had to reinstall Titanium 5 times and used Duxas tool each time, all is installed correctly but i still move in super slow motion, Its not even a draggin issue anymore, its a perma slow mode like everyone i see is in slow mode also.

I'm just boggled at thing point, was thinking maybe its my laptop but even that is far fetched as its pretty new Intel chips Nvidia purevideo HD ect.

Brambletoe
04-10-2011, 03:05 PM
well at least im not alone. let me know if ya figure it out and ill do the same.

shuklak
04-15-2011, 02:33 AM
how do I know if the eqplaynice v1.20 is doing anything?

I still have issues unfortunately.

dual core, amd, winXP

Bhutt
04-18-2011, 11:27 PM
I never had problems when I first started on here, but I took a bit of a break for the past 9 or so months and now I can't run this SoB on my laptop very well.

I'm having the "working fine...slow motion for ten seconds...working fine....slow motion for ten seconds" issue. AMD Dual Core with Vista. I've used the affinity, the cmd affinity....none of that works.

Any ideas?

Chrushev
04-19-2011, 01:56 AM
I never had problems when I first started on here, but I took a bit of a break for the past 9 or so months and now I can't run this SoB on my laptop very well.

I'm having the "working fine...slow motion for ten seconds...working fine....slow motion for ten seconds" issue. AMD Dual Core with Vista. I've used the affinity, the cmd affinity....none of that works.

Any ideas?

are you using high resolution textures for zones? if so, that could be your issue. On my laptop i used them, had same behavior you descibed.. didnt happen all the time.. but when i removed them, issue went away.

omfgtom
04-19-2011, 02:36 AM
ive looked through the thread a little and did some googling, does anyone know how to fix the slow running problem? First i was having graphical issues until I started using Win Eq 2 but now I'm just moving at a crawl which wasn't an issue before. any fixes?:(

omfgtom
04-19-2011, 03:33 AM
problem was fixed by disabling a processor...

canker
04-19-2011, 03:52 AM
had this problem and tried the typical fixes but nothing seemed to work... then one day I was camping something and watching a streaming movie in the background and noticed I would run regular speed when movie was playing/downloading so everytime I sign in to play I first open my bookmarked king's speech divx link and start buffering/playing it and then everything runs smoothly... when movie is done playing just restart it at beginning and keep going as I play

not sure if this is atypical or will work for others but it's easy and works for me; just turn the sound off on the movie and have at it

Bhutt
04-19-2011, 12:55 PM
are you using high resolution textures for zones? if so, that could be your issue. On my laptop i used them, had same behavior you descibed.. didnt happen all the time.. but when i removed them, issue went away.

No, that was one of the first things I tried....turning down all the particles and the like. Last night I decided to download the AMD Optimizer, which took care of the normal/lag momentum but now I have mobs and PC's "gliding" on me and corpses standing straight up.

Chrushev
04-19-2011, 01:12 PM
No, that was one of the first things I tried....turning down all the particles and the like. Last night I decided to download the AMD Optimizer, which took care of the normal/lag momentum but now I have mobs and PC's "gliding" on me and corpses standing straight up.

people have told me my installer (see my signature) has solved the gliding/standing up corpses issue for them...

Bhutt
04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
people have told me my installer (see my signature) has solved the gliding/standing up corpses issue for them...

I use your installer ;)

Chrushev
04-19-2011, 01:36 PM
I use your installer ;)

;) hehe

Not sure then :P

Bhutt
04-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Run and msconfig, on the boot tab click "advanced options". Select number of processors and set it to 1. Reboot and try again.

After pulling my hair out trying to figure something out, this was the last thing I did that seems to have worked.

feklar
04-28-2011, 04:05 PM
I had the multicore issue for a while and tried many of the fixes online to no avail.
What worked for me is to run eq using an XP vm with 1 processor and 1G of RAM. I am loading EQ from a shared folder and it runs perfectly now.

Try it out - you may be surprised

gambetto
05-02-2011, 07:15 AM
The only one that worked for me was to edit the msconfig to have it boot up with 1 core... which is sort of a pain. I thought there was some patch or download (AMD dual core patch) that fixed this issue a while back?

krazyfukr
05-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Only applied it a few minutes ago, but so far it's a HUGE improvement.
FYI: Windows XP SP3 with AMD Athlon XP 64X2 (Yes, I know it's old now)

Doryman
05-11-2011, 09:25 AM
When I go to the compatability screen like the post above me, The option to run in another mode is greyed out so I cannot select it. It says that the program is part of windows or something like that. Any idea how to change that?

Thanks

indir-film
05-21-2011, 06:31 AM
watch thanks

dizifilmizle
05-28-2011, 05:50 AM
thanks you share

Etris
07-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Hello gang,

I'm trying to figure out if my issue is related to Multi-Core before I go ahead with this fix.

The Problem:

I log in to EQ, and make it to the server select screen just fine. Every server is listed. Once I click on any server, including 1999 classic - it will show the loading screen, get about half way on the loading bar and instantly log off. Back to the log in screen I go.

Would this be related? Should I just uninstall, and reinstall?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Etris

Georgeharrison
07-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I spent hours upon hours trying everything to fix the slow motion. I am running Vista and an AMD dual core.. I simply went to control panel, power options and changed the power option to high performance from the default balanced setting. I am also running WinEQ2. I hope this helps!!

After trying everything else mentioned, this is what fixed it for me, too. Amazing. Thank you!!

cadiz
07-18-2011, 09:05 PM
If it helps anyone, on AMD systems I install AMD Dual Core Optimizer (http://support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDownloads/DCO_1.1.4.zip) and fixes the jitters for dual-core systems on Windows (xp/7/*).

Cosette
07-27-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this. I'm sure they have, but I'm not about to read 11 pages or whatever to figure it out. If you have dual core affinity issues and don't want to download a bunch of junk, here's what I do:

Step 1: If you go to your task manager (typically ctrl+alt+delete), go to processes, and locate eqgame.exe. Obviously, the game has to be open. If I were you, I would do this either at the login screen or the server list. Doing it while logged in or at your character select screen does not always work out.

Step 2: Now, right click eqgame.exe and select the option on the drop down menu to Set Affinity.

Step 3: You should see two boxes checked. I usually uncheck the first one with the "0" but I doubt it matters.

**NOTE** If your computer will not grant you access to do this, go to your start menu. Select the Run option.

Type in cmd.exe

Hit Enter.

Now type: ntsd -c qd taskmgr

Hit Enter.

Voila.. Task manager opens and you have admin access to screw around with your affinities until you close the task manager window.

Annoying, yeah.. I know. But if nothing else works, it's worth a shot.

drakkan
10-26-2011, 10:11 AM
It's already been mentioned in this thread, but I wanted to affirm what I think is the best method for getting the game to behave itself on quad-core systems.

cmd.exe /C START "EverQuest" /BelowNormal /affinity 1 "F:\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Note that you will need to change the part in bold to whatever your own EQ folder is. On my machine, it's located in F:\Everquest. On your machine, it may be in a different folder. Just set it up accordingly.

In the "Start In" box, likewise make sure that it points to your Everquest folder.

That command will launch Everquest and force it to run on a single core (core1 in this case). Don't worry about the command that says "BelowNormal." That simply tells Windows not to try to run that game as a dual or quad core app. Keep in mind that the EQ client was designed long before people were running monster quad-core rigs that run with 3+ GB core speeds. So we need to tame it, if we want to keep it from glitching out.

When you make this change, your desktop icon for EQ will change. No worries... just click on the "Change icon" button for the shortcut and navigate to your EQ folder. Pick any icon that you see in there which pleases you.

Hope this helps, for anyone who may still have been confused about the procedures.

You're a genius! This worked for me. I'm running on a mac w/ bootcamp windows 7. Super easy fix and takes 10 seconds. I kept dying from fleeing even with sow on, not anymore!

Deanob
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
For AMD Athlon x2 and above users, just download and install AMD Dualcore optimizer: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dynamicDetails.aspx?ListID=c5cd2c08-1432-4756-aafa-4d9dc646342f&ItemID=153
theres no need to go to the extent of all this.

Muchew
12-06-2011, 07:00 PM
I am trying the compatibility mode thing (switched to windows XP, SP 3), and so far it seems to be working. However, the entire UI was reset. Anyone know why this is?

I'm too lazy to re-size all my boxes...

Kubaton
12-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Hey Deanob,
Will that work for a AMD Athlon II X3 440 ? I am wondering if my current issue is related etc and willing to try anything.

Amuck
12-11-2011, 03:01 AM
Hey I have a crappy vista amd dual core processor and was having animation graphic problems
When I ran with sow it was like I was walking and swing a sword... well it was super slow and delayed
Sooooooo this was a really simple fix. Do this. Go to your control panel and go to power control and turn it to high performance this fixxed my issue and I am up n running perfectly was even able to turn
Spell graphics up n what not. N e ways hope this helps . Gl !!

Hovis
12-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Running a Macbook Pro 15 (i7 266, 4GB RAM) - fully patched OSX, with Bootcamp 3.1, also fully patched, and Win 7 Ultimate, also fully patched, EQ Ti client installed per the setup guide.

I can log in fine, get to char select fine and run around in the Explore mode fine. The game will run like champ the few times I've managed to enter the game, but zone times are horrific (2+ min), if they load at all. Sometimes the wifi adaptor will crash and need to restart. Switching to ethernet and disabling wifi adaptor still leads to horrific load times, if it loads at all.

I have tried all the suggestions here, including scaling back to 1 processor - no change.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

trying to run games on VM's (virtual machines) like you are isnt the best idea.. thats why you have such long load times if they load at all.. i know some people do run eq off of VM's on macs and it runs smooth but they must have changed the VM configuration so that ur computer focus' completely on the VM ur running.. tbh - ur best bet is googling it and trying some of thoise suggestions or buy a pc based computer lol.

Lindalind
12-24-2011, 02:05 AM

Thanks
How do you get wineq to run the same command as the shortcut target message with patchme etc?

I can't figure it out.
Thank you
Linda

edgrubermn
02-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Mordachai,

where did you enter that? In the *Target pathway under the shortcut Properties?

I have awful problems with my game, and I was suggested, lots of things, which still havent brought a solution, but when I tried doing something like that, a) something happened and I couldnt even start the game at all, but then b) something in the path I think I fixed, or was strange, and the cmd part seemed to work, but then I kept getting an error that the location cant be found or something. Any ideas?

Would love to not be perma snared/lagged.

Yes in the Target properties.

senna
04-16-2012, 05:44 AM
I had the slow movement problem when I first started but using win eq fixed everything.

Then today I had to do a system restore to a few weeks ago, now eq runs slow constantly. Its like a flipbook.

I've tried everything in this thread :mad:

I dont get it.. it used to work and now no matter what I do its slow.

big fat fail

Tethyr
04-21-2012, 05:14 PM
I have a relatively new Lenovo X220; I have the i5 2520 @2.5Ghz and 8 GB of RAM. While I've noticed the laptop gets warm under load with other games for some reason when running EQ Titanium my computer gets REALLY hot. After about an hour of continuous playing (no minimizing/alt+tabbing) the game slows to a crawl and I have to give my laptop a rest for a little while. Anyone else have strange heat issues when playing/any fixes?

Jasonz
04-22-2012, 12:45 AM
If you're having heat related problems with Titanium, I suggest setting the max frames per second lower. (ALT-O -> display tab)

agdros
10-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Just built got a new computer and started running into problems very similar to the ones in this thread. After trying all of the suggestions and not finding a solution, I started to dig a bit more into the hardware and windows operating system to try and understand what was happening.

This error can be described as: Everything is working great and then everything slows down for a while, then everything is great again... rinse and repeat. Depending on the number of things you have going on (overlays, Fraps, shadows, particle effects, high detail) Frame rate fluctuates from 150+ to around 20 frames per second.

Before I get into what I hope is the fix, I can tell you this is not a multi-core, speedstep, or C state issue.

I am fairly certain this has everything to do with the CPU core temperature. There is something on the motherboard, or in the OS that wants to keep my CPU at 37 degrees Celsius. When my cpu is this temp, everything is fantastic. My CPU is running at 3.2ghz and I can turn on every single graphical enhancement in the game with no slowdown. If my cpu goes over 48 degrees Celsius, my cpu clocks back to 2.7ghz and everything slows down until the CPU cools down to 37 degrees. This can take a few seconds or a few minutes. Each speedup or slowdown time period is based how much I am trying to do or not do at any given time.

The "temp" fix: In bios there are a few optional settings under power management. The first one I unchecked was something to do with Fan Speed Control. Once that was unchecked the fan started running full speed. Since I had never heard the fan previously this was sort of a shock, because it kept ramping up until it now sounds like a hair dryer. I started playing the game at this point (trying my best to ignore the fan sound) and everything worked great. No slowdown. But I don't believe this is the fix. What I am doing is overriding the system that would slow down the CPU because it never reaches the temperature that would cause the slowdown.

The real fix: Is still unknown to me. I am now looking into the Intel MEBX system and chipset drivers that are installed in Windows 7. If you have a Dell PC, you can get into the MEBX configuration by pressing <ctrl>+<p> when you see the Dell logo at boot. There is a place to disable this system which will be my next thing to test tonight.

Sorry for the wall of text.
tl;dr -- Your problem may not be a multi-core issue.

abazaba
11-27-2012, 08:20 PM
I've had this slowdown problem for a while now with none of the fixes working. I couldn't disable speedstep in bios so I went looking for a throttling program. Downloaded Throttlestop and may have found a semi-fix for those who still are having problems.

I have the unlocked x9100 C2D which let me play with the multiplier in throttlestop. I set it to x6 multi while in game and.. yay, no more slowdown! It seems to be linked to cpu load (lower multiplier means lower cpu speed so EQ eats up more cpu time). Tested it by running at high cpu speed again, but this time with Prime95 maxing my cpu. No slowdown at 100% usage. I guess speedstep can't kick in if you have a high % usage.

For now I'm using http://www.fossiltoys.com/cpuload.html to simulate enough usage to cancel out speedstep but not to cook my laptop. (now looking for a program to dynamically reach the speedstep cutoff instead of a static amount)

Hope this helps!

Deanob
11-28-2012, 10:51 AM
FYI:
There is a known issue with all bulldozer platform AMD CPU's when overclocked past 4.2Ghz.

When logging into any EQEmu server it kicks you back out with an error 1017.

I haven't found a solution yet... other than create more than one o/c profile and downclock back to 4.2Ghz before launching EQ.

yevea
09-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Necro posting, but this is relevant.

My laptop has horrendous slowdown / awful FPS problems. I've tried setting CPU affinity manually, using Duxa UI's fix, and using WinEQ2. None of these solved the problem on its own.

The only thing I have found to work consistently, is to open Chrome and just leave it open in the background. I'm not sure why this is a fix, but as soon as I have Chrome open (any webpage / tab, anything) the choking slow motion FPS goes away.

Cranky
10-07-2014, 10:31 PM

This worked for me on my Athlon II Phenom system. Super silky FPS. Thank you!

Madacius
11-09-2014, 01:59 PM
So I just came back to P99 again, and already had wineq2...but now that we have the launchtitanium.bat to use do I need to somehow point wineq at that particular file for my profile? If so can someone tell me how I go about doing that? Thanks.

kwah8787
06-01-2015, 11:16 PM
So I just came back to P99 again, and already had wineq2...but now that we have the launchtitanium.bat to use do I need to somehow point wineq at that particular file for my profile? If so can someone tell me how I go about doing that? Thanks.

you dont need to point it at the bat file, you can just point at the folder and it will work, try it

Casey VII
06-02-2015, 12:10 AM

eqgame.exe

colicab
06-02-2015, 04:45 AM
I have a weird one. I got WinEQ2 going to fix this frame-rate lose issue I was having at random intervals. That worked great, no more weird lag spikes. But now has creates a new issue. When in game and with a Levi effect on, whenever I run up hills it my character kind of stutter up the hill.

Any thoughts would be awesome!

Thanks!

jeremyweck
07-23-2015, 07:27 PM
hey so brand new here pc newb. i launch the Launch Titanium.bat file screen goes black cursor changes to the everquest one then back. then it just sits there. AMD Octo core if that matters.

phacemeltar
07-28-2015, 01:31 AM
hey so brand new here pc newb. i launch the Launch Titanium.bat file screen goes black cursor changes to the everquest one then back. then it just sits there. AMD Octo core if that matters.

try manually editing your options file.. may be that your resolutions are skewed

Wulvie
11-24-2015, 04:32 PM
With WinEq, do you change the command for the eq launcher or the wineq launcher? and how?

Baam
04-24-2017, 05:11 PM
With WinEq, do you change the command for the eq launcher or the wineq launcher? and how?

With wineq you run it and look bottom right on your desktop panel, right click and go to preferences, eq, profile, wineq and point it to your eqgame.exe and make sure you download win eq and place it in your eq folder, it will create a shortcut and make the icon like your eq icon but with a shield on it

Resil
06-19-2018, 09:07 PM
I have the same issue. I need put down the bar of Actor Clip Plane for dont Lag me to death. In my case is the number of mobs in a zone.

Any fix?

WIN10
I5-4670 3.40ghz
8gb RAM
N770