PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the Word

Rogean
05-09-2011, 10:04 AM
While SOE Services are down there are many people twiddling their thumbs that may not be aware of the alternative experience we provide here. This is a good opportunity for many of you to get in contact with old friends or guildmates via various methods such as guild forums or social networking to let them know we exist, and invite them over. You could even help them obtain a copy of Titanium which may have been preventing them from getting started.

It's a good time to get some fresh faces, so lets take advantage of it. It is also a good time to get started while the XP Bonus is in effect.

Smoo
05-09-2011, 05:50 PM
I have gotten a couple of friends to come over already lol :)

baalzy
05-09-2011, 06:10 PM
The word of the day is Legs.

Will all the women please come to my apartment and help me spread the word.

Raavak
05-09-2011, 06:16 PM
The old E`ci forum on Facebook came alive this last weekend after months of dormancy. I may have to do a plug over there if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Stumpes
05-09-2011, 06:39 PM
The old E`ci forum on Facebook came alive this last weekend after months of dormancy. I may have to do a plug over there if someone doesn't beat me to it.

E'Ci Represent!

BuzWeaver
05-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the additional experience bonus, its made it a lot more bearable. I've let a few guild mates know, hopefully they'll take advantage of the opportunity.

Although I have the Titanium Expansion on DVD, I downloaded the torrent, but I can't get the Daemon tool to work. I'm not sure if its because I have Win7 64 bit or what.

Stumpes
05-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the additional experience bonus, its made it a lot more bearable. I've let a few guild mates know, hopefully they'll take advantage of the opportunity.

Although I have the Titanium Expansion on DVD, I downloaded the torrent, but I can't get the Daemon tool to work. I'm not sure if its because I have Win7 64 bit or what.

Alcohol 120 is the best program to use when mounting virtual drives IMO.

Secrets
05-09-2011, 10:33 PM

MagicDisc (NOT magicISO) is the program I use for mounting virtual drives. It's free and very lightweight. The only issue is it's buried on the MagicISO site.

Huck
05-09-2011, 11:06 PM

I suck at using technology. However, I had better luck with Clone Drive vs. Daemon myself. Once I figured out Clone Drive I tried Daemon. I think Clone Drive worked easier for people that don't know WTF they are doing like me. :D

Google: Slysoft Virtual Clone Drive. Free program to use as a virtual drive and easier to use IMO.

Jave
05-10-2011, 11:04 AM
While SOE Services are down there are many people twiddling their thumbs that may not be aware of the alternative experience we provide here. This is a good opportunity for many of you to get in contact with old friends or guildmates via various methods such as guild forums or social networking to let them know we exist, and invite them over. You could even help them obtain a copy of Titanium which may have been preventing them from getting started.

It's a good time to get some fresh faces, so lets take advantage of it. It is also a good time to get started while the XP Bonus is in effect.

Were starting to roll in.....now approve our IP exemptions so we can play!:)

FatMagic
05-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks Rogean for the Bonus XP as well... got me playing again on here. Went from 15-16 in like 1-2 hours! It was awesome!

bulbousaur
05-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I have brought a couple of friends over, myself. We're having a blast :)

k9quaint
05-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Already tried. I got 6 people to come play about a month ago. 1 got suspended because of a camp dispute. Another got suspended asking about the first guy. The other 4 read the forums and decided there was no hope of the first 2 getting to play again, so everyone left.

Now I login and solo every once in a while :(

P.S. I got them to promise to try again for red99 though /crossesfingers

BuzWeaver
05-10-2011, 06:23 PM

I suck at using technology. However, I had better luck with Clone Drive vs. Daemon myself. Once I figured out Clone Drive I tried Daemon. I think Clone Drive worked easier for people that don't know WTF they are doing like me. :D

Google: Slysoft Virtual Clone Drive. Free program to use as a virtual drive and easier to use IMO.

Thanks, I'll check into them.

Zublak
05-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Were starting to roll in.....now approve our IP exemptions so we can play!:)

Yeah I am having the same issue... Trying to get me and my wife exempted so we can play together. We got tired of WoW.. Re-subbed to SoE and then 1 week later it goes offline so here we are... Now if only a GM here would take the time to view the petition thread and get something goin!

Nedala
05-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Already tried. I got 6 people to come play about a month ago. 1 got suspended because of a camp dispute. Another got suspended asking about the first guy. The other 4 read the forums and decided there was no hope of the first 2 getting to play again, so everyone left.

You know a suspension is only for a short time usually?

Ronas
05-11-2011, 02:34 AM
So 11 years down the track, need to emulate live and shutdown this server for a month too. Gotta stick to the time-line. ;)

karakedix1
05-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Waiting for new jobs. come easy. thanks

Swiftaxe
05-11-2011, 02:57 AM
so this is eq classic? i just need to buy titanium and follow the instructions right? just making sure this is still going and is legit.. i miss the hell out of this game, and if its all legit are the drop rates and such any different than before?

falkun
05-11-2011, 07:51 AM
so this is eq classic? i just need to buy titanium and follow the instructions right? just making sure this is still going and is legit.. i miss the hell out of this game, and if its all legit are the drop rates and such any different than before?

We have been assured by developers that drop rates are like they were on live. The difference is that 10 years later, everyone knows where the camps are so more items are being farmed. There is little mystery in this game 10 years later, but the allure is definitely still there. P99 is as legit as classic Everquest gets for now.

Striiker
05-11-2011, 09:04 AM

If they got suspended (a temporary action) then I am sure it was a significant violation of the server rules. The first one (camp dispute) would quite likely mean that your friend was being an ass to other players. Having dealt with such people, I'd have to say good riddance. As for the second person, I am sure his inquiries were less than polite / civil. So again, I am sure it was well deserved.
There are plenty of other EMU servers where I am sure they'll have fun and the lack of additional problematic players on P99 is better for all.

Eggborn
05-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Look around for your titanium. The cost on line right now if you are lucky to find one is the cost of a year's subscription to Everquest.

Swiftaxe
05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
We have been assured by developers that drop rates are like they were on live. The difference is that 10 years later, everyone knows where the camps are so more items are being farmed. There is little mystery in this game 10 years later, but the allure is definitely still there. P99 is as legit as classic Everquest gets for now.

Awesome thanks, i'll be joining you all soon hopefully!

Swiftaxe
05-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I had a question i am trying to change my eqhost and it wont let me save it... anyone know whats up?

bulbousaur
05-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I had a question i am trying to change my eqhost and it wont let me save it... anyone know whats up?

One of my friends had that problem while setting this up, for whatever reason the fix was do 'properties' on the file and make sure 'read-only' is not checked.

Swiftaxe
05-11-2011, 03:56 PM
One of my friends had that problem while setting this up, for whatever reason the fix was do 'properties' on the file and make sure 'read-only' is not checked.

awesome thanks and this is the host name i put in right? Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Swiftaxe
05-11-2011, 05:49 PM
nevermind got everything done, just waiting for my work training to end and im in! :D

bulbousaur
05-12-2011, 01:31 PM
nevermind got everything done, just waiting for my work training to end and im in! :D
Congrats!