PDA

View Full Version : ToFS mob permanently charmed my mage pet?

renegadeofunk
07-19-2021, 05:39 PM
Is this how mob charming works? Never seen this before. And he also happens to be camping the entrance to the 2nd floor now for some reason, which means I'm attacked before I can summon another pet. A level 30ish ghostly scholar with a focused 49 fire pet camping the entrance LOL.

Synphul
07-19-2021, 05:44 PM
This sounds awesome.

Videri
07-19-2021, 06:05 PM
Yep, if an NPC charms a player pet, the pet will belong to that NPC forever. If the NPC is killed, I think the pet becomes a free mob. I have no idea what the classic behavior should be; I'm just saying this is the way it works currently on P99.

Baler
07-19-2021, 06:18 PM
ToFS is such an underrated zone, that level 60's clearly ignore because it's not AOW/Tunare.
$$$

renegadeofunk
07-19-2021, 06:18 PM
Yep, if an NPC charms a player pet, the pet will belong to that NPC forever. If the NPC is killed, I think the pet becomes a free mob. I have no idea what the classic behavior should be; I'm just saying this is the way it works currently on P99.

Wow I never knew that. I was trying to hide behind stuff so the enchanter mobs wouldn't charm me, but now I see its my pet I needed to protect lol.

JayDee
07-20-2021, 01:20 AM
Enchanter charms ench npc. Enchanter npc charms enchanter npc pet. enchanter pet of enchanter npc charms enchanter npc.

Infinity Mirror

plzrelax
07-20-2021, 07:37 AM
Enchanter charms ench npc. Enchanter npc charms enchanter npc pet. enchanter pet of enchanter npc charms enchanter npc.

Infinity Mirror

One time I charmed a mage NPC in paw as it was summoning it’s own pet. Indeed I had a pet with a pet for a little bit

chevy79bu
08-01-2021, 10:46 AM
The enchanters on level two have charmed my level 58 necros per before. I believe it was the level 54 per spell that was charmed. I felt so defeated dieing as a 58 necro to a level 30 mob...

oodat_p99
08-02-2021, 12:43 PM
It doesn't charm your pet forever. Well, it can but there are some circumstances that need to happen for that to happen. First and foremost, you either have to die or zone while your pet is charmed. When your pet is charmed by an NPC, it will release the pet as long as you 1) don't die and 2) don't zone, but when the charm breaks, the pet just dies. If however, you die or zone, the charmed pet stays charmed indefinitely.

And, as far as a pet resisting charm, they can't. It's kind of weird, but for some reason an NPC can't resist a charm or mez cast by another NPC. I used to use this to an advantage on live and give pets dual meloldious truncheons to keep mobs from being able to cast.