PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Qeynos Catacombs Zoning Bug

Clawspirit
10-29-2009, 01:39 AM
I have a barbarian rogue down in the Qeynos Catacombs, and I cannot zone out. Every time I reach a zone line it automatically zones me back into the Catacombs.

Droxx
10-29-2009, 01:43 AM
I've found that as soon as you zone through, you have to move or it will zone you. I've always swam up immediately and haven't had an issue since. Still needs to be fixed, but may help you get your toon out.

Clawspirit
10-29-2009, 10:23 AM
I thought that might be the case, so I tried other zone lines. The zone line between the rogue guild and the catacombs (where I entered) also had the same problem, but with no water involved.

Morfnblorsh
10-29-2009, 10:27 AM
For any of the non-water zonelines that have the habit of kicking you back to the zone you came from... try going through them backwards. Works every time for me.

It's a work-around until it's fixed at the very least.

Wenai
10-29-2009, 10:40 AM
I really need to make a copy/paste to address this issue so maybe I will make this the one to copy and paste. :p

The zonelines for the following zones were/are broken: Qeynos/Qeynos Catacombs, Sol A/Sol B and East/West Freeport. The issue is basically that there is multiple entrances between each of these zones and the zonelines send you to the completely wrong zoneline if you hit them which makes things very confusing. Changing the zoneline table is basically impossible as the values are very hard to get right so we came up with a different method for "fixing" the zonelines.

We created invisible NPCs in FRONT of the old zoneline which have quest scripts loaded. These quest scripts work on a proximity basis, meaning if you get too close to these invisble NPCs you trigger their quest script. This quest script in simpler terms pretty much reads: Teleport Target PC within range (x,y,z) to (zone,x,y,z). This means that the invisble NPC should teleport you from that area to the proper area in the adjacent zone.

Now you may be asking: If these are in place then why am I always ending up in the wrong place or being zoned back as soon as I zone in? I will try my best to answer and make this clear below.

The reason you are ending up in the wrong place, or in some cases stuck in the air is that you are hitting the OLD zoneline before the quest NPC can run it's script. Basically there is a slight delay with the way that these NPC teleporters work. What does this mean? Well this means that you are running towards a zoneline, it begins running it's script and before it can teleport you to your new location, you hit the old zoneline which puts you in the wrong place (in the case of QCat and Sol A/Sol B) or puts you up in the air in a messed up z-axis (in the case of Freeport).

The reason you are zoning into QCat and then being immediately teleported back to Qeynos is pretty much the same reason as above. You are hitting the old zoneline which is placing you in QCat, but since these NPC teleporters need to be placed in front of the zoneline, as soon as you zone into QCat you are standing within range of one of the NPC teleporters, who runs their script and send you back out to Qeynos.

What is the cause of it sometimes work and what is your solution? Well the biggest cause of issues with regards to this phenomenon is run speed. If you approach these zones with JBoots, SoW, Wolf Form, Selos, etc. then you are going to hit the old zoneline. Plain and simple. The NPC can't pick up your (x,y,z) co-ordinates before you hit the old zoneline. The best advice I can give people is to approach these zonelines associated with these zones very slowly. Go a step at a time towards the zoneline and they will be failproof.

I hope this clears things up.

Yoite
10-29-2009, 10:48 AM
very good info! should sticky this, it really helps alot with the confusion over these zone lines.

Clawspirit
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Sounds sticky-worthy to me, thanks for the information!