PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Monk AC cap

Barnes
06-09-2011, 02:52 PM
whats going on with the AC cap for monks? i heard it was patched to 14 instead of 18. but when iam at 18 then change weight to 14 my ac stays the same! so wtf is going on? any ideas?

Versus
06-09-2011, 03:25 PM
1. It's not called an AC cap, it's a weight limit
2. From what I understand, the numbers aren't reflected "client-side" as they actually are "server-side." AKA, you may have 950 ac being displayed @ 18wt, but really, the server considers you to have 910 ac because you are over your weight limit.

Extunarian
06-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Versus is correct as usual. Here is what the developer who implemented the change had to say:

The client does its own calculation for max hp, max mana, AC. The server has its own values, and those are the ones that are put to use.

So yeah, don't trust the client if you are over 14 stone.

Asher
06-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Versus is correct as usual. Here is what the developer who implemented the change had to say:

So yeah, don't trust the client if you are over 14 stone.

Wow, that sux. Anyway this bug can be fixed? It certainly wasn't that way on live and it is nice to see what our server side AC value is.

Asher

Barnes
06-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Hahah oops i ment weight cap, thx for the info guys that helps!

Enderenter
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Someone more dedicated than me should look up when they changed the max weight limit, because I remember it being in Kunark that the max rose every 5 or 10 levels, maxxing out at 18. (level 60)

baalzy
06-09-2011, 04:14 PM
The weight limit of 14 is something that can be changed server side anytime the devs want (IE: When they feel we've reached the point in the timeline that the change is appropriate). As far as the client making its own calculations, well, you can't change the client (legally) so monks are just gunna have to live with incorrectly displayed AC values until we hit the point in the timeline where weight limits get increased.

I wonder if it would be possible for the devs to add a command such as /showstats that would at least display a printout to your chat window of your true hp/mana/ac values. Not classic, I know, but it's a workaround to get the information that would normally be available to you via the client (well, except for your mana total).

Extunarian
06-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I wonder if it would be possible for the devs to add a command such as /showstats that would at least display a printout to your chat window of your true hp/mana/ac values. Not classic, I know, but it's a workaround to get the information that would normally be available to you via the client (well, except for your mana total).

I like this idea.

Tulvinous
06-10-2011, 12:40 PM
You guys mind linking a URL to the patch timeline? I'm curious as to where we are now, and when it was later raised.

Hands down you will always be over with Tstaff. But with AC, SoS, 3 weight bags, and no money...I barely make 14lbs...now add hero bracer and you're screwed.

apio
06-10-2011, 09:09 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38648