PDA

View Full Version : Loginserver, Server Status

Rogean
03-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Hello,

I'm about to make a post over at EQEmulator, but wanted to give a heads up here too. There has been some changes to the loginserver. Actually, I pretty much rewrote the code based off the EQEmu SVN Loginserver instead of our proprietary one we had been using. The benefit is less problems with blank server lists and other random issues. For the time being, however, website stats will be unavailable, as I haven't coded it back into the new loginserver. This means that it says the server is down on the right, but chances are it isn't.

More info later.

Kire
03-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the quick update Rogean

Humerox
03-28-2010, 02:28 AM
Dunno...since that's been done I've had serious issues logging into blank server screens.

Last Thursday night I attempted to log in 200+ times.

I usually average 30-50 attempts before I get a server select screen. I've tried everything...turning off AV's and FW, direct connect to modem, direct login instead of mirror, updated drivers for NVIDIA to beta drivers even...updated DX9...

Everything short of reinstalling the game...which I'll prolly do next, lol.

Crone
03-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Happened to me when I clicked the "shortcut" connect to server button on the server select screen. It said the p99 server, but it connected to a blank character select screen.

quit out, logged back in, clicked p99 server from the list, and just clicked play everquest and it worked just fine.

maultar
03-30-2010, 12:23 PM
It happens to the wife and I, usually during busy hours. Sometimes 10-30 times it takes to get a server list, even then sometimes it won't let you in. Just keep trying and eventually it works. But what technically is up with that?

Camoss
04-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Looking for a little bit of help -

I am thinking I missed a step in the setup process. I followed step 1-5 in the getting started tab and overwrote the zipped files I needed to. However, when I launch the game I get to the login screen and after entering my login information I am told that a connection to the server could not be reached. Is there something I need to manipulate with the login server also?

Thanks for your time!