PDA

View Full Version : Do you RECALL your first player kill?

notahipster
06-15-2011, 03:54 PM
my first player kill. i was like 13?

when i first played eq. i didnt know ANYTHING about the game. i choose "pvp server" because i thought the other servers u'd play with no one just computers hahaha.
i struggled as Bogarhthio the Barbarian Warrior from halas. i maybe got to lvl 6? after a week lol! then i re rolled in gfay. and i remember my first player kill. some guy at crushbone ent was like lvl 20 and he had just dropped 3 would be assailants .and i was prolly around 6, and i remember he was running from me he had like 3% life and most of my hits missed and i finally killed him. he dropped 200 pp. a sword! and immediately i CAMPED. and waited till population was low at like 4 in morning so i wouldn't die walking back to felwithe.
got some banded. some jewlery. and lotharr lightbringer began his journeys!

Nirgon
06-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Item loot was Rallos, it was 4 lvl...

Go away fail troll.

notahipster
06-15-2011, 04:08 PM
well the story was something like that. i dont know what lvl he was cuz of all the /anon . but he was red. and i bearly hit him so he seemed alot higher.

but that being said. i do now feel like a lvl Zero Zilch
lol

Nigron - 1
Hipster- 0

Drieddead
06-15-2011, 04:09 PM
i remember i was around 14 and i rolled a DE mage around level 8 i made my way to gfay hid in the tower in crushbone and nuked the wall groups for about an hou till someone logged their main and took me down

notahipster
06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Nigron is just pissed because he WAS. that guy lol.
blow me buddy, i could think of alot better story then that if i was trolling.
why dont you share yours?

vinx
06-15-2011, 04:22 PM
first kill - first death? who knows!
once you dinged of level you were attackin someone hahah

I do remember people an fun times, but forgot names
there was one dorf i would always find on orc hill in my early just starting days
he was mad!
one day i went to bank in kele.. he turned an seen me just outside the bank and backed up.. and FELL OFF lolol
prolly my earliest nemisis, fun guy miss him
always to mad to talk afterwards in tells tho

Tajin
06-15-2011, 04:23 PM
no, but i had a bioluminescent orb, and 2 other friends and i use to torment people in GFay, we use to beat on them to purple, then root and blind them until they eventually /ex or shut off their computers.... <3 Griefing

notahipster
06-15-2011, 04:27 PM
i wont say it was the best pvp class. but blind and root made pallys a fun pvp class.

Knuckle
06-15-2011, 04:29 PM
i think my first PK was big prince trying to grief me back on red box 1.0 . He killed me quite a few times leveling up the raokahn/estrang duo using the infamous happy flowers crew. But I set up a trap in freeport and he started attacking my SK while my shaman sniped him from the wall. Got a hooded black cloak ftw.

Lazortag
06-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Mortalquest was my first pvp server. My first player kill was on Andain, who was a level 8 necromancer, while I was a level 30-something Bard. It took a very long time because he was resisting my mezzes/snares due to horrible coding, while he was landing his darkness spells. I was also kind of a noob at pvp, and still am. Eventually I just killed his pet, kept him perma-mezzed and did nothing else, and so he deleted all of his items and /q'd.

He denies it to this day.

XiakenjaTZ
06-15-2011, 05:38 PM
Mine was on live as a gnome enchanter. My brother was a wiz I think. Thats back when charm worked on players (very short time).

We would send them at other players (elves killing elves really confused people).

notahipster
06-15-2011, 05:52 PM
i wont lie i never got too high on that server, but u didnt have to once characters got to fucntionable level 19+ ? it became diverse enough to be really fun. i used to HATE running back from crushbone (sometimes after pking someone) and a well placed gnome necro would engulff me in darkness and dot me. and id be toast!

if that was any of you guys! lol. you got me too many times!

Gnome Necro- 55
Lotharr- 10

JayDee
06-16-2011, 12:26 AM
You remind me of Prince

notahipster
06-16-2011, 02:18 AM
the artist formerly known as?

Nirgon
06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Nigron is just pissed because he WAS. that guy lol.
blow me buddy, i could think of alot better story then that if i was trolling.
why dont you share yours?

Your hate is undoing a decade of therapy from this exact event, thanks.

Also - keeping score of Nigron 1, fool 0 only valid if it remains cross thread.

Better thread: your first EQ scam and best EQ scam.

I was selling "magic" daggers (I mean they were) for 5 gold on my mage. People soon began logging off and back on when they were gone.

"Manlar is a crook!"
He was my first char, a DE mage and I prompty rerolled wizard (related).

Best EQ Scam - Not because it ripped off tons of items or money but I actually dodged someone trying to show me their black tome with silver runes in the trade window in Oasis. I had him come up to p2 and try to trade me it, I prompty dodged and snatched it.

Tied for best - I told a GM I lost my Stein of Moggok, I had some scrub guide come and give me one but he must have used the wrong item code. He gave me the 1hb version. I then proceded to get another non-1hb version and dual wield them. I missed my staff of the wheel's aesthetic appeal, but 50 disease in the hands... good-bye asystole :).

The true legend of PvP is Scumbog from the RZ Neriak area (lvl 5 troll SK hardcore). I gave him his FS 2hander and darkwood cam 2 bow. He would still attack my alts stating that it was "just business". Later, in Velious, we got him almost a full suit of Royal Velium Frosted (still attacked my alts).

PS: Straight up logging into someone's account who trusted you with their password and taking stuff makes for "whatevs" story time.. unless it's that good.

Galanteer
06-16-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't recall the 1st person, but the instance was the border war between Greater Fay and Butcherblock during the 1st days of Sullon Zek. Died a few times, killed a few times as the front lines ebbed and flowed. Was a blast!

Galanteer

(Izom on SZ -team good enchanter)

notahipster
06-16-2011, 05:05 PM
who remembers when people would type /ooc (quest item) rotting at so and so location. and some dumbass would acctually run to the spot?

Nirgon
06-16-2011, 05:27 PM
I've sent people a tell from one of my alts claiming to be their guild mate and that I would meet them at a wizard spire to take them to Chardok etc for a raid group I was starting. Not but a few minutes later, I'd appear with a group of guildies I ported in to kill them.

The quest item thing doesn't really work if you're a known PK, or cross realmer for that matter.

Tiggles
06-16-2011, 06:40 PM
I remember making a Woodelf rogue on Sullon Zek day one and having these INTENSE battles at the bottleneck between BBM and GFAY.

Then one day the first barbarian Frosthound came to BBM and wrecked us all with some big ass axe.

He didn't have see invis so i would backstab and hide over and over it was so epic.

Pudge
06-17-2011, 10:06 AM
i think the very first time i killed someone was on rallos. this caster was about to die to a caimen in oasis, and i was like "im a ROGUE damnit. im supposed to be evil and kill ppl. that's why im on a pvp server" so i ran up to the little gnome and killed and looted. i was amazed he had 4 plat on him (so rich!). i was anxious about killing him before i even did it; my heart started racing like i was about to do something really wrong. afterward he started giving me tells, and i was all "yea i only killed you because i saw you were about to die and lose exp"... then we grouped up and killed caimens. i eventually gave him back his plat, and he told me that was all his worth, he kept nothing in the bank.

from that day on we were best buds on the server, even switched together when sullon came out. my bff online was my first PK.

gnomishfirework
06-17-2011, 12:43 PM
I was on rallos right before kunark came out and this level 50 with full planar was afk. I was only level 4, but I killed him and got all his loot. Just like OP.

Some naked ranger. I pretended I thought he was just a Druid and I couldn't tell he was naked. It turned me. I went from being a pve'r who wanted the excitement of worrying about being attacked, but mostly just complaining about it, to killing anyone who looked like an easy target.

No more unprovoked naked kills.

notahipster
06-17-2011, 12:44 PM
i Remember one thing i really hated about crushbone are pvp. is all the Zoning back and forth. it became a tactic people used. i wouldent quite say an exploit, but it seemed like if your connection wasn't as fast the enemy/adversary could FLEE from battle because of that?

but i guess in games where you gotta load zones, you cant really fix that.

ON the side note. i remember one time (had a slow connection back then) i escaped pvp because of my slow connection. i ran from a bard and a rouge and zoned into Gfay from CB. they had a faster connection iguess. and i dont know if it was my lag that day but i remember by the time i zoned into Gfay i seenn them coming at me but they zoned back into CB. they must of thought i had zoned and rezoned really quick?

so i guess it can be an advantage in both ways (fast or slow connection)

i guess looking back on it it was kinda a silly part of the game. hahaha

Vile
06-18-2011, 04:29 PM
i Remember one thing i really hated about crushbone are pvp. is all the Zoning back and forth. it became a tactic people used. i wouldent quite say an exploit, but it seemed like if your connection wasn't as fast the enemy/adversary could FLEE from battle because of that?

but i guess in games where you gotta load zones, you cant really fix that.

lol you're gonna love p99 red then..

Athosblack
06-20-2011, 02:55 PM
My dwarf cleric grew up on Rallos Zek. I never really PK'd anyone solo but at the lowbie levels with crap gear I used to get assailed EVERYDAY in BBM. I eventually got wise to avoid the high traffic areas the PKs used to hang out on. And wrote down names and when friends would get on give some payback.

I love RZ and the free for all PVP. Especially at high levels when you had to implement tactics and would drop groups to run to zones where PKs were running amok. Damn I miss RZ!

Nirgon
06-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Damn I miss RZ!

Atmas
06-20-2011, 04:03 PM
I remember a good scam. Back on TZ when PoP came out Enchanters would sit by the bank selling C3 usually for prices of 20-50pp. At one point an Enchanter in a KoS guild had been selling for a couple of hours. I and four other guildes joined his group and I ported to North Ro. We quickly dispatched him and took his plat. After that incident he was known to bank after every C3 cast lol.

Warhound
06-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Warhound, Tele-Arena perma death back in 92 93ish. Stole the name.. I'm lurking.. jaded jaded its all down hill, freeking spiral of knob slobbers.