PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, Saturday, June 25th, 2011

Rogean
06-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Small patch but also had some backend crash fixes and whatnot.

Code

Rogean: Support for banishments.
Kanras: Added damage tables for post-50 ROG/MNK/WAR/RNG
Kanras: Fix for mobs with dots on them reaggroing after /q
Kanras: Fix for pet min damage hit frequency
Kanras: NPC perma procs can't proc unless damage is done to the player.
Kanras: Poison procs on first swing.

Content

Rogean: Vox and Nagafen will now banish players over level 52 (Vox's Banish was actually pushed early with the June 13th Patch without notes, but I did enjoy reading the conspiracy theories.)
Kanras: Erudin skiff hopefully fixed.

Snapple
06-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Nice work y'all, Great 2 see the pet fix.

Troy
06-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Does added damage tables mean those classes will see more or less damage?

Shiftin
06-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I just backstabbed for 58 damage.

at level 59.

are you kidding me?

Rais
06-25-2011, 05:45 PM
You can backstab harder if you're 60.

Snapple
06-25-2011, 05:46 PM

at level 59.

are you kidding me?

stop using a dragoon dirk?

Fromage
06-25-2011, 06:30 PM

at level 59.

are you kidding me?

Sure you didn't stab a mob with steelskin on? havent gone below 79 at 53 yet.

Brut
06-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Just me or did procs stop now altogether?

Think I got one stun proc off Rod of Lam and some lifetap, but last 10 or so fights I've seen nothing out of that or vamp emb, and the fights aren't short or anything.

Troy
06-25-2011, 06:42 PM
I've witnessed a lot of OT hammers proc since patch with everyone going into hurry up and wait for raid mobs mode...

Arkyani
06-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Any other rogues notice that backstab is still absolutely horribly sad? With a 13 damage peircer backstabbing for 82 damage 70% of the time there is something wrong. Granted I only was on for about ten or so minutes to test it before heading to work it actually seems even worse then it was before the patch. When I get home tomorrow I'll log my fights and do an actual calculation of how many of the backstabs are minimum damage.

Tarathiel
06-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Any other rogues notice that backstab is still absolutely horribly sad? With a 13 damage peircer backstabbing for 82 damage 70% of the time there is something wrong. It actually seems even worse then it was before the patch. Also seems like regular melee hits are for much less as well.

guess i havent been missing much then heh

Guthmog
06-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Pet change is good.

Thanks.

SupaflyIRL
06-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Any other rogues notice that backstab is still absolutely horribly sad? With a 13 damage peircer backstabbing for 82 damage 70% of the time there is something wrong. Granted I only was on for about ten or so minutes to test it before heading to work it actually seems even worse then it was before the patch. When I get home tomorrow I'll log my fights and do an actual calculation of how many of the backstabs are minimum damage.

I didn't notice anything in the patch notes about backstab, but then again I did read them.

Akim
06-25-2011, 07:27 PM
monk noticed less dps or taking more dmg - goodluck

Leolan
06-25-2011, 08:24 PM
whats up with FD? friend of mine aggro'd Maestro, FD'd away from aggro range, and 10 min later he popped up and it reaggro'd...

Hasbinbad
06-25-2011, 09:47 PM
yeah whatever happened in the damage tables is silly.. backstabbing for minimum or low end of damage most of the time.. whatever. and somehow monks are breaking 140 dps now..

kanras you're amazing

furny
06-25-2011, 11:56 PM
could we get harvest spell in, next patch, for our neglected wizards please.

PureLo
06-26-2011, 12:27 AM
LOL WOW, yet another heavy Kanras patch.... oh boy!

So yet again warriors get the shaft and have their DPS reduced from the looks of it in game, which can only mean further aggro issues as damage is supposibly the new and most important hate generator (aggro yet to be tested in a group). Also, i don't know exactly what is meant by the poison proc bullet point... but i do know that the Blade of the Black Dragon Eye which has a poisoned based proc doesn't go off on every first melee/hit. So without further verification of what is actually meant by that particular patch note i can't comment on correctness or what have you.

However, i would like to ask where in the world are the old devs who knew what they were doing in regards to classic content and working changes? NILBOG and friends COME BACK!

San
06-26-2011, 12:44 AM
Just got home and ate dinner. Sicker than a dog so a nice Sunday off with my level 7 necro is just what the doctor ordered! Glad this got done earlier today. Thank you :)

Sethius
06-26-2011, 12:48 AM
whats up with FD? friend of mine aggro'd Maestro, FD'd away from aggro range, and 10 min later he popped up and it reaggro'd...

FD changed last patch, not this one, and FD memory is classic and intended.

Troy
06-26-2011, 12:55 AM

So yet again warriors get the shaft and have their DPS reduced from the looks of it in game, which can only mean further aggro issues as damage is supposibly the new and most important hate generator (aggro yet to be tested in a group). Also, i don't know exactly what is meant by the poison proc bullet point... but i do know that the Blade of the Black Dragon Eye which has a poisoned based proc doesn't go off on every first melee/hit. So without further verification of what is actually meant by that particular patch note i can't comment on correctness or what have you.

However, i would like to ask where in the world are the old devs who knew what they were doing in regards to classic content and working changes? NILBOG and friends COME BACK!

:confused:

They were talking about rogue poisons which were changed from non-classic to classic.

Also I've been grouped with a warrior tank for the past few hours now with no issues, even when using my Swarmcaller... methinks you're doing it wrong Mr. Whiny.

Zinramm
06-26-2011, 01:18 AM
could we get harvest spell in, next patch, for our neglected wizards please.

Yeah seriously.. harvest please.

Lostprophets
06-26-2011, 01:28 AM

Warriors are Doomed! =(

Loke
06-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Now I'm slightly compromised atm (drunkstoned), but some of the replys in here seem really harsh. Maybe things aren't right, and if they aren't I would hope the attempt to fix them - however, Kanras seems to be trying to find a solution to the melee dps issue and I say we give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, sounds like some of the damage issues have not been resolved. Anxiously awaiting the next fix!

jerus
06-26-2011, 04:11 AM
FD changed last patch, not this one, and FD memory is classic and intended.

Was there, nothing, everyone recovering, ran clerics back, rez everyone buff everone, just finishing getting ready, guy stands, lil bit later boom everything is coming running right over us. Was pretty funny honestly, but think maybe the changes made last patch were still on what they patched this time forgetting to remove it like they had removed it from the game already?

doesn't seem unreasonable to question if something was altered there after seeing what happened today.

SupaflyIRL
06-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Last I saw fd memory was redisabled due to bugs.

LazyFuj
06-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Last I saw fd memory was redisabled due to bugs.

it's not disabled. And yes it is taking a longer time to wipe the memory after FD.

Sethius
06-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Was there, nothing, everyone recovering, ran clerics back, rez everyone buff everone, just finishing getting ready, guy stands, lil bit later boom everything is coming running right over us. Was pretty funny honestly, but think maybe the changes made last patch were still on what they patched this time forgetting to remove it like they had removed it from the game already?

doesn't seem unreasonable to question if something was altered there after seeing what happened today.

It's not unreasonable to ask, although as I said it was changed last patch, not this one. Anyway, what you described seems perfectly normal, as FD should not always produce a memory wipe. I played an SK on live and I often had to FD multiple times to clear threat, or wait until all of the mobs except one got back to their spawn point before standing up, and even then there could be issues. Prior to FD memory being implemented on this server it was always clearing threat, and that is not classic at all.

Anyway, someone said something about it being disabled due to bugs, but I haven't heard anything about that, and what you described does not sound like it was either.

Lazortag
06-26-2011, 11:42 AM
I have a hard time believing that someone could FD, stay FD for 10 hours, and then stand up and have the mobs aggro them. Does anyone remember this kind of functionality from classic? I seem to remember even roamers eventually wiping memory when they got back to their pathing. I also thought that for non-roamers that FD memory would be wiped when they got back to their spawn points, and I think Rogaine confirmed that this was how it was intended.

Sethius
06-26-2011, 11:52 AM
I have a hard time believing that someone could FD, stay FD for 10 hours, and then stand up and have the mobs aggro them. Does anyone remember this kind of functionality from classic? I seem to remember even roamers eventually wiping memory when they got back to their pathing. I also thought that for non-roamers that FD memory would be wiped when they got back to their spawn points, and I think Rogaine confirmed that this was how it was intended.

He said it was 10 minutes later and the mob re-aggroed, which seems normal to me.

Also, I'm speaking from practical experience, and so what I say is anecdotal, so the fine details are a bit blurry for me, though I do know the general idea was acurate to what I remember.

I remember FD taking multiple FD's before it cleared aggro sometimes (like it was failing on the memory wipe part sometimes). I remember mobs walking back to their spawn point and standing up when there was only one left that hadn't reached the spawn point yet (the prime method of splitting a camp on live with FD). I remember /q from FD to camp out because we couldn't clear aggro on some harder mobs.

I *think* I remember mobs sometimes re-aggroing even from their spawn point sometimes, but on that one I am not certain.

Also, your confusing Rogean with treatment for male hereditary hair loss.

Psionide
06-26-2011, 12:39 PM

Can we at least get a word on harvest like why a spell can't be implemented? Maybe that is too much to ask given the breeze situation.....

PureLo
06-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Troy, you silly noob. Did you not see where i said in parenthesis (AGGRO YET TO BE TESTED IN A GROUP). So how could i be doing anything wrong, when i have yet to even do it. Friggin learn to read before you post please.

Besides, if you are grouped any level prior to 50 there is a little utility that warriors can actually use called Taunt... whereas for some reason AFTER 50 it is not a viable option at the moment.

Troy
06-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Taunt working 100% of the time on every mob in the game won't increase your aggro generation...

derpz kanras sux nilbog rulz

PureLo
06-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Lol, you need reading lessons cause no where did i say what it is you just posted sarcastically.

Nice try though! I wouldn't diss Nilbog either... considering if it wasn't for him this server wouldn't be here for Kanras to even play with.

Troy
06-26-2011, 01:42 PM
supposibly

That word. I have not seen it in any of my reading lessons. From which great master did you learn it?

Somewhat more seriously - what is your goal posting in this thread? Do you have anything to contribute at all?

Shiftin
06-26-2011, 02:03 PM
yeah whatever happened in the damage tables is silly.. backstabbing for minimum or low end of damage most of the time.. whatever. and somehow monks are breaking 140 dps now..

kanras you're amazing

Yep. a monk with tranquil staff can now do 20-30% more DPS than a rogue with best available weapons / gear who pops Duelist during the fight.

So... sweet ass patch yo.

Are these changes not being tested before they go in or are you testing them under weird conditions that don't replicate reality for some reason?

Rais
06-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Stop comparing yourself to a monk who is one of the best geared, vs you who isn't even level 60.

PureLo
06-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Troy must equal Kanras or Kanras' boyfriend/support system. If you have never heard of the word SUPPOSE before and it's variations in phrases i guess you then need to expand your horizons.

I contributed what i posted which is the expressed concern toward the degradation of warriors as a class and the server as a whole... almost every single patch as of late a select group of classes always take a hit not related to the actual classic timeline and the constant error's that occur due to this new coder coming in and messing things up has ran its course. Not only does he provide POST-classic "so-called" proof references, but ends up creating more problems than fixes.

So yes, i would generally look to the ORIGINATOR of this server Nilbog and his vision who coders of times past actually followed. To want to know where they are and when they are coming back if at all is not too much to ask. Showing support for them and their hard work is all the contribution i need.

Shiftin
06-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Stop comparing yourself to a monk who is one of the best geared, vs you who isn't even level 60.

I get that you hate me and big bad TR but quit trolling. we have parses from an entire day of raiding between multiple monks and rogues.

Snapple
06-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Yep. a monk with tranquil staff can now do 20-30% more DPS than a rogue with best available weapons / gear who pops Duelist during the fight.

So... sweet ass patch yo.

Are these changes not being tested before they go in or are you testing them under weird conditions that don't replicate reality for some reason?

You will get through this tough time pal. Just have hope!

h0tr0d (shaere)
06-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Mobs still all immediately return home after you fd and stand the second time on. Totally busted.

Rais
06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Just finished a day in sky. I'm sure there are still issues with rogue backstab, but Rogues who aren't even close to being as geared as me was doing the same if not much more damage than I.

Fd issues still, but it makes it fun.

Sethius
06-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Mobs still all immediately return home after you fd and stand the second time on. Totally busted.

What's totally busted?

Lucia Moonglow
06-26-2011, 11:45 PM
So where is The Hole? Either the developers are late with that, early with this, or not strictly adhering to classic time lines.

The Hole and the 52+ banishment patch for Naggy/Vox were both released at the same time (in the same patch, actually.)

Uthgaard
06-27-2011, 12:14 AM
So where is The Hole? Either the developers are late with that, early with this, or not strictly adhering to classic time lines.

The Hole and the 52+ banishment patch for Naggy/Vox were both released at the same time (in the same patch, actually.)

We do this in our spare time. You can strictly adhere to my nuts.

Rogean
06-27-2011, 12:16 AM

I lol'd.

Shiftin
06-27-2011, 12:17 AM
new sig

ElanoraBryght
06-27-2011, 03:23 AM
KC and Droga are no longer bindable zones for casters?

Uthgaard
06-27-2011, 03:44 AM
I don't see why they would have been changed, or any of the other zones that were changed. Fixed.

Seaweedpimp
06-27-2011, 04:21 AM
Root overwrites and removes snare now?

Troy
06-27-2011, 04:30 AM
Root overwrites and removes snare now?

Welcome to a month ago:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38415

Malkav
06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
What's a good parsing program? I'm having a horrible time killing things with my 2hs as a SK.

Reppy
06-27-2011, 09:46 AM
I have had problems as a monk with FD memory wipe all day yesterday, even after being FD for long periods min's to 10-15 mins When I stood up it caused a trained until I FD again and over and over till either i zoned, logged out, Or killed the mobs. I am sure you guys are aware that was not classic but fd memory wipe did not just clear when they returned to the spawn points you wont be able to bust a camp. I remember at one point during classic if you put damage on a mob he would stick around a little longer then the others that aggro'd. here they all seem to return together for the most part.

Skope
06-27-2011, 11:45 AM
I have had problems as a monk with FD memory wipe all day yesterday, even after being FD for long periods min's to 10-15 mins When I stood up it caused a trained until I FD again and over and over till either i zoned, logged out, Or killed the mobs. I am sure you guys are aware that was not classic but fd memory wipe did not just clear when they returned to the spawn points you wont be able to bust a camp. I remember at one point during classic if you put damage on a mob he would stick around a little longer then the others that aggro'd. here they all seem to return together for the most part.

I think I've noticed that they don't tend to stick around for as long as they did on live, and because of that same timer the mobs tend to go back together. I guess it wasn't a big deal before the FD nerf, but now splitting mobs will become quite a hassle. I think lengthening that timer should allow for mobs to randomly head back within the allotted seconds after a successful FD.

As for the memory wipe: that depends on whether it's a roamer or not. Splitting static spawns is a different story and the short-ish timer certainly doesn't help.

Nedala
06-27-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't see why they would have been changed, or any of the other zones that were changed. Fixed.

So we can bind in seb again?

Rais
06-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Binding in Seb is a bug. Why should it be put back in?

Lucia Moonglow
06-27-2011, 05:06 PM

Yikes, someone's taking things a bit too personally around here.

I wasn't taking a cut at the devs, chill out. I appreciate the fact that you guys do this without getting paid for it.

Raavak
06-27-2011, 05:20 PM

Does anyone know for sure when this was put in regarding the timeline? I've scoured the patch notes archive on Zam and its not specifically called out anywhere.

Rais
06-27-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=570&highlight=harvest

Meaning it should have already been in.

Uthgaard
06-27-2011, 05:44 PM
So seb shouldn't be self bindable? Even ST was bindable. Wierd. How about chardok?

ryandward
06-27-2011, 06:06 PM

Yes seriously, harvest

Rais
06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20010428081253/http://eqatlas.com/bindguide.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20011217064415/http://eqatlas.com/bindguide.html

Chardok was never bindable nor Karnors. Of course I don't have proof besides that link. It's not saying all that much. It's the best I can find.

I never thought of binding in ST. I don't see how you could if you couldn't bind in ToV. But I never tried it, so I'll take your word on it heh.

Uthgaard
06-27-2011, 06:15 PM
There's an everlore archive where the developers published bind location statistics. It listed who was bound where, and at the end it says "and one intrepid adventurer bound in Sleeper's Tomb" or something similar. So only one character out of all characters that existed at the time was bound there, but it was possible.

Unfixing those zones then.

Raavak
06-27-2011, 06:19 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=570&highlight=harvest

Meaning it should have already been in.

Okay, fwiw,

Kunark opens April 24, 2000
Harvest spell added June 6, 2000
The Hole opens June 22, 2000
Vox & Naggy level limited June 22, 2000
Kunark outdoor dragons added August 9, 2000
Epic quests added Sep 19, 2000

Uthgaard
06-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Yep. And nobody's bitching about those dragons.

Evilmog
06-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Dragons were added early. Please remove them.

Wigglepoo
06-27-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't really care that their presence is not classic. I just want them to be wearing hats. I think dragons would look good in hats. I mean hell, as long as they're in the game in contravention of the classic timeline, why not give 'em hats?

Snapple
06-28-2011, 03:13 PM
I don't really care that their presence is not classic. I just want them to be wearing hats. I think dragons would look good in hats. I mean hell, as long as they're in the game in contravention of the classic timeline, why not give 'em hats?

Purple hats please.

Motec
06-28-2011, 09:36 PM

I think this is correct dude. Once they all start pathing back they do not have a linger timer again until theyre been reset to static.

So if you pull a static and fd, he may linger or not (random timer up to about 30sec or so?). Once he returns even a foot, no further fd's will cause a linger timer.

Nedala
06-29-2011, 11:58 AM
The sleeper wears a hat! or something

azeth
06-29-2011, 01:07 PM
The sleeper wears a hat! or something

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rn7dl2.jpg

nope, he's horny.

Anger
06-29-2011, 02:42 PM
nope, he's horny.

Getting your fix on a different server now Azeth? I see how you work!

azeth
06-29-2011, 02:43 PM
google images.

i'd give my testes for EQ time, real talk.

Tarathiel
06-30-2011, 11:15 AM
plz fix backstab, that is all =(