PDA

View Full Version : SoE is missing money

Cribanox
03-13-2010, 06:29 PM
How can SoE not think that 500+ people at peak times, and 200-400 during off hours, is not enough to make an official classic everquest server? Seriously, you guys do it for us non-profit, and it took only what, 8~ months or something to shove out the door with a minimal development team? I assume that 600-700 different people actually play every month, if not more, so that's $15 multiplied by 700, every month? $10,000+ a month.

I think that now, though, even if they did break down and go "ok fine lets have an official eq classic server and market it a bit", I don't think people here would leave at this point.

Or would you?

Jeebus
03-13-2010, 06:34 PM
as people have said in OOC, they'd probably find a way to fuck it up

redghosthunter
03-13-2010, 06:45 PM
remember its a free server.. and SOE has wronged a lot of folks

Tsuken
03-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Don't forget the time the guys at eqemulator.org put into it.

Scoresby
03-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Yeah, Sony would definitely find some way to screw it up. I honestly don't think they could tell you what created such an obvious parity between classic EQ and the later expansions. It's like they shot an arrow, drew a target around it, and called themselves Robin Hood. In this case, there'd be no hope they could hit the target audience.

Crone
03-13-2010, 07:57 PM
I would play on it. I wouldn't quit here but I didn't get in on the ground floor like I could over there if they were to release it.

I'd almost for sure feel differently if I had been here since day one and had a level 50.

Hasbinbad
03-13-2010, 08:06 PM
How can SoE not think that 500+ people at peak times, and 200-400 during off hours, is not enough to make an official classic everquest server? Seriously, you guys do it for us non-profit, and it took only what, 8~ months or something to shove out the door with a minimal development team? I assume that 600-700 different people actually play every month, if not more, so that's $15 multiplied by 700, every month? $10,000+ a month.

I think that now, though, even if they did break down and go "ok fine lets have an official eq classic server and market it a bit", I don't think people here would leave at this point.

Or would you?
10k a month is 120k a year, which is probably something like a LOW salary of ONE of their execs..
Why would they spend ANY money at all for that?

jkfranklin
03-13-2010, 09:21 PM
10k a month is 120k a year, which is probably something like a LOW salary of ONE of their execs..

troll more

Sparkin
03-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Official classic servers could probably get 10x the pop, no exaggeration. If they sent e-mails to everybody that had ever subbed to EQ, they could easily have a couple servers that would have 2-3k players on each at peak times. Minimum imo. The two prog. servers were packed at the start and I think classic servers released now would be even a bigger hit due to EQ having drifted even further away from its original lure.

Jeebus
03-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Official classic servers could probably get 10x the pop, no exaggeration. If they sent e-mails to everybody that had ever subbed to EQ, they could easily have a couple servers that would have 2-3k players on each at peak times. Minimum imo. The two prog. servers were packed at the start and I think classic servers released now would be even a bigger hit due to EQ having drifted even further away from its original lure.

I agree, they would have a much bigger population with a few press releases about them opening up a true classic slow progression server or whatever.

Cribanox
03-13-2010, 11:04 PM
All they need is a little marketing, and people would play. SoE's arguement has always been that they don't believe people will play on a classic server. They are obviously wrong. Also, 100-200k a year is nothing to scoff at, especially if you're talking about 1,000-2,000 people playing, that'd be 2x-4x as much.

I've always argued on EQ Official boards that, the reason why people can't play classicly on live servers in their own special guilds, is because there are way too many people who wouldnt know where to go to get the best classic experience. I've always said once SoE puts out an OFFICIAL server for everyone to focus on, the interest would grow. Even now, years later, you couldn't even goto a live server and play classicly if you tried.

Modus
03-13-2010, 11:17 PM

troll more

Unfortunately he's exactly right.

By the time you add up bandwidth costs, and the salaries of 3-4 programmers to do the work this dev team does for free, that "$10k a month" in added revenue (which is a baseless figure really, as likely most of the players would be current subscribers anyway) still leads to an unprofitable situation.

Look at EA - one of the biggest companies in the business, and they reported insane losses for this quarter.

Modus

Slake
03-13-2010, 11:24 PM
SoE tried this once. The opened 2 servers with no content open except classic and they put a "time line" in place. They said that Vagy and Nox had to be killed before they would open Kunark....I am not sure of how long it took, but SoE had to scramble and put in a "set period of time". Seems two guilds did a zerg fest on both dragons and got them killed in weeks.

Kunark was same thing. Then Velious, etc etc. Both of those "classic" servers are caught up to the rest of the servers if I am not mistaken.

I seriously doubt SoE would ever consider rolling back the clock for a server.

What we should be talking about here, is everyone contributing some cash so Rogean will quit his job and work solely on getting Kunark out for us!! (insert funny sarcasm here)

Haynar
03-13-2010, 11:28 PM
The important thing to remember, is most of the people playing here, wouldn't play on a pay to play SOE server no matter what kind of server it was. Even if Sony had a classic server, the majority of those here would prefer to be here.

A lot of people cannot stand SOE.

Sony is not losing any money here.

Its like the recording industry. They have this fascinating idea, that everyone who downloaded a song for free, would have bought it if they couldn't download. That is so funny of a concept. They can keep fooling themselves on that one.

Haynar

mokfarg
03-14-2010, 01:19 AM

Don't forgot we are talking about 500 people on peak hours without advertisement on an emulated server. I imagine if this server was advertised on MMO sites you would have to open an additional server for all the people playing.

Finawin
03-14-2010, 01:37 AM
Its like the recording industry. They have this fascinating idea, that everyone who downloaded a song for free, would have bought it if they couldn't download. That is so funny of a concept. They can keep fooling themselves on that one.

Haynar

That ALWAYS cracks me the fuck up in copyright arguments.

Gwence
03-14-2010, 03:18 AM
SoE tried this once. The opened 2 servers with no content open except classic and they put a "time line" in place. They said that Vagy and Nox had to be killed before they would open Kunark....I am not sure of how long it took, but SoE had to scramble and put in a "set period of time". Seems two guilds did a zerg fest on both dragons and got them killed in weeks.

Kunark was same thing. Then Velious, etc etc. Both of those "classic" servers are caught up to the rest of the servers if I am not mistaken.

What we should be talking about here, is everyone contributing some cash so Rogean will quit his job and work solely on getting Kunark out for us!! (insert funny sarcasm here)

They opened 2 progression servers which was initially one but had to make a 2nd one because of the mass interest. I was on combine there was alot of people on it (like 5k+ at least) for the first few weeks. It took a little over a month for kunark to open and I think most of the people were discouraged about that because they wanted more time to enjoy the old world.

Of course I was one of the people that helped burn through it all super fast, but I probably would've enjoyed having longer timelocks on everything.

Cribanox
03-14-2010, 04:18 AM
That ALWAYS cracks me the fuck up in copyright arguments.

I think that not counting an illegal download as a stolen item is a step in the wrong direction, you have to count downloading a full album as the same thing as shoplifting the album from the store, or downloading a movie as shoplifting the dvd from a store. If you don't count these things as actual items, I think we are going to suffer as consumers in the long run. (DRM is a good example in the video game industry)

Tsuken
03-14-2010, 04:20 AM
Can we get "SoE" off the main page? Thank you.

Ghesta
03-14-2010, 08:16 AM
How can SoE not think that 500+ people at peak times, and 200-400 during off hours, is not enough to make an official classic everquest server?

Everyone that's posted on this thread has missed one very obvious, and HUGE point. Bear with me while I explain.

If they opened a classic server, hell let's call it the p1999 server, they wouldn't get 1000 old players to return. What would instead happen would be they might get 900 old players to return, then they'd have 6,000 to 10,000 of their CURRENT players switch from the luclin server, Rathe, etc over to their p1999 server.

Now those other servers which had a good balance load are now unbalanced. Players on the Rathe start bitching that there's no one playing there and some switch servers, but others decide that it's time to quit EQ.

Meanwhile half of the people on their p1999 server bitch that it's too crowded on p1999 with 3000+ online at peak hours, giving SOE one of two choices. Choice 1: they open a SECOND server - the P1999b server. This generates another problem as 3/4ths of the p1999a server jump ship and now p1999b is overcrowded. More people like you, me, and others on this thread get frustrated and quit everquest again. SOE nets $30 to $45 from us "returning" players who quit again. Choice 2: they ignore the problem, leading to the exact same problem, but save themselves the time and cost of setting up the second p1999b server.

In the meantime back on the normal servers server population has dipped on 1 or 2 servers so badly that they now have to combine servers in order to prevent any other playerbase bleeding. This costs time and money.

Eventually the player population swing levels out somewhat. With the gain and loss of players, an optimum estimate would be to say they would gain 1000 players for over a year.

Now they have a VERY challenging server that needs GM staffing, and special attention. Do they put rubi in the game? How often do they release the expansions? Do they let manastones work anywhere / no where? There's a lot of questions to be asked, and for every single one of them, there's going to be 3 people; the guy who loves the decision, the guy who hates the decision, and the guy who thinks SOE is retarded and should let him have a full set of rubi since his main character is level 352 with 19,023,236 AA points on the prexus server.

Considering ALL that, if the other choice is to simply sit back, and let the servers that they have keep on bringing in cash as they focus their time, resources, and money elsewhere........ can you really still wonder why SOE isn't doing this?

fastboy21
03-14-2010, 10:35 AM
I happen to agree with most everyone here...the logic is so simple, how can SOE not realize that they are missing an easy and simple cash cow by opening up a single classic server.

I've gone to FF almost every year and spent quite a bit of time talking to various devs and other SOE ppl...the answer the last few years has varied, but here is what they tell me when I ask them about another progression or a purely classic server:

1. we've really talked about doing it, and it may actually happen at some point.

OR

2. even though we know there are some people who would come back to play classic we think that it would cause damage to our regular live game---which is where, as of now, we believe our future lies. SOE still believes that EQ has a future and the that the regular live servers are the target they need to invest in. Special ruleset servers aren't being ruled out, but they aren't a priority...as of now.

Dac321
03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I have a problem seeing SOE accepting the idea. I don't see them going backwards. They know they failed when they decided to push content out (and when Brad McQuaid left) IMO their ego is to big and won't admit that classic was WAY more successful then any of their half-ass expansions.

Goobles
03-14-2010, 04:53 PM
If they did open up a classic server, 80% of the server would be comprised of people who currently play on other servers, and 20% would be of returning members. Let's figure that 1,000 people play on the server. Only 200 would be generating new revenue for them. $3,000 a month isn't going to make them want to open up a classic server

Striiker
03-14-2010, 04:56 PM

The reality is that SOE did a poor implementation of the progression servers. There was a lot of newer code in the old world. For example, casting NPC's were much harder than they should have been. Mistmoore for example is heavy with casters and in the progression servers, people were getting their asses handed to them. Also, in Qeynos Hills there was an area where people could enter an instanced zone and get some very powerful items. The list goes on. They should have implemented a time-lock so that people could enjoy the old zones. I think they should have unlocked expansions at a rate which matches the original release rates.
As pointed out by others though, SOE was also concerned about the amount of players which were stripped from their standard servers. It is for this reason that we will not see a "Classic" server released from SOE until perhaps the end of life for the live servers.
The closest you can get to the classic feel is to get a Mac computer and sign up on Al Kabor. I almost did that until I discovered this server. This is my new home!

imcrunchy
03-14-2010, 05:11 PM
i think soe dosnt like the idea of classic because the 1000s or 2000s junkies on it wont BUY the new expansions as they come out so they axed the idea..

and they know none of us will pay for kunark again if they tried that ;P

Taluvill
03-14-2010, 05:46 PM
i think soe dosnt like the idea of classic because the 1000s or 2000s junkies on it wont BUY the new expansions as they come out so they axed the idea..

and they know none of us will pay for kunark again if they tried that ;P

Yes we would.

We pay 60 for classic, 40 for kunark and velious each. I bet they could get people to buy it, and enough to populate one server, but yeah. Is it worth it to set it up and take players away from the current servers?

Deanob
03-15-2010, 02:15 AM
lol 10k a month is peanuts for Sony corp.

Aadill
03-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Rogean could sell the modified code back to Sony as the original EQ, once done (or even as expansions come out); all current p1999 GMs/Devs can become the support staff for the server and rely on a yearly stipend for payment.

The subscription fee would pay for hardware maintenance and the majority of the stipend. Considering these jokers do it for free (THANKS!), they could gain some cash out of it and still have control of their amazing work.

No development work on the part of Sony, the staff is already in place, and a portion of the server population already loyal.

Excision Rottun
03-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Rogean could sell the modified code back to Sony as the original EQ, once done (or even as expansions come out); all current p1999 GMs/Devs can become the support staff for the server and rely on a yearly stipend for payment.

The subscription fee would pay for hardware maintenance and the majority of the stipend. Considering these jokers do it for free (THANKS!), they could gain some cash out of it and still have control of their amazing work.

No development work on the part of Sony, the staff is already in place, and a portion of the server population already loyal.

Emu code is not the same as Live EQ code...no way Sony is going to run / support an Emu-based server. Pretty sure the login servers woulnd't even jive.

That and the million other problems, like having different patches / patch servers...

fastboy21
03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
lol 10k a month is peanuts for Sony corp.

1. it isn't just the cost of running the server. they lose tons in opportunity costs (like the money in SKUs every 6 months with a new expansion).

2. there is a real threat that sony has (and, as much as i like classic i think they have a point here) in that a new classic server would hurt the larger existing live community. whole guilds would disappear, live server pops could become unstable. this has a domino effect.

3. as a philosophy (given by Smedley for better or worse) EQ has been directed to produce content for its FUTURE. They believe the big picture points towards new expansions and content for the current live game, and that a classic server content would detract from their ability to do that (right or wrong, this is the business decision Smedley has made).

4. 10k/month is not exactly peanuts. Sony has been firing people en masse the last few months. While you're right that they have money to invest in new products and concepts, it doesn't mean that any developer at sony has access to a huge petty cash box.

A classic server would be a MAJOR change in strategy for the current live team. It represents costs and server changes that FAR exceed the price of keeping the server on.

When it comes down to it, it is really very simple: until the live team (and Smedley) decide that EQ has a bigger market from nostalgic projects (like classic EQ) then it does from new live expansions, then and only then will you see them open up a classic or another progression server.

Tallenn
03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Well, I just finished canceling my sub again (yes, I was playing EQLive- in fact, I found out about this server while looking for "active" EQ forums). In my "exit survey" I was brutally honest about what it was like to play EQ nowadays, particularly ripping on station cash. I also said that if they ever decide to set up a classic EQ or time-locked progression server to drop me an email- not that they ever will. Even if they did, I wouldn't want to switch, anyway.

I have already found my online home!

nilbog
03-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Now they have a VERY challenging server that needs GM staffing, and special attention. Do they put rubi in the game? How often do they release the expansions? Do they let manastones work anywhere / no where? There's a lot of questions to be asked, and for every single one of them, there's going to be 3 people; the guy who loves the decision, the guy who hates the decision, and the guy who thinks SOE is retarded and should let him have a full set of rubi since his main character is level 352 with 19,023,236 AA points on the prexus server.
These are the same decisions we make for free. No matter what the choice, people get upset.

and they know none of us will pay for kunark again if they tried that ;P They own the property/intellectual property rights to say.. the Trilogy client. I think they could offer a digital download of it, and a lot of people would buy it. They wouldn't even need to ship boxes to stores and they could make burst profit from a client that would otherwise not produce income.

Originally Posted by Aadill http://www.project1999.org/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=30271#post30271)

There is no way they are going to buy their own source code. They have real code, and can fill in the 'unknowns' a lot better than the open source community. Rogean and Haynar are doing a great job at tuning Titanium to run classically, but the work done is for the Titanium client. It would be quite an undertaking to ,as Excision put it, 'jive' together. I'm surprised no one mentioned the database or quests. That's what provides the content you are playing. I spent the last year researching and implementing/fabricating hacks of little insignificant situations. If they do not have a stored database and original quest system, they would be paying someone to do this yet again.. and it would take A LOT of time and effort. If they are reading, I'm LFJ, btw :P

Aadill
03-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Fair enough. I was thinking more along the lines of an adopted internal project. If only The Vision leader were still around.

Get hired and turn EQ around Nilbog. Continue The Vision! ;)

Zexa
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
They have real code, and can fill in the 'unknowns' a lot better than the open source community.

I don't know about that one Nilbog. While I'm no programmer and it's all a foreign language to me, I followed the progression server development and classic server discussions from day one. While making the progression servers, Maddoc(I think he was the lead dev on prog?) said they had lost all data/code for past EQ. They made very few changes besides the obvious ones.

You certainly see a lot more updates and work going on here. I thought it was funny to see a change in a raid in the newest expansion apologizing for how difficult it was because they just forgot to ever test it.

Aeolwind
03-15-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the database or quests. That's what provides the content you are playing. I spent the last year researching and implementing/fabricating hacks of little insignificant situations. If they do not have a stored database and original quest system, they would be paying someone to do this yet again.. and it would take A LOT of time and effort. If they are reading, I'm LFJ, btw :P

I fixed about 600 classic quests that were broken/unimplemented: Newbie tunics (Only 1 was working/had correct text/correct item/correct note on the character. Not to mention scripted events that Nil and I have poured portions of our soul into to get working. And that is JUST Perl.

There were 70,000 invalid entries for a rusty dagger in the DB, 30,000 invalid references for bone chips. Loot drops, faction hits, faces, clothes, weapons, abilities...at one point I'd figured up over 700,000 DB changes that Nil had made & god only knows how many since then. There were 1300 individual threads on the beta boards of fixed issues: from dozens of merchants to goblin ears in HHK.

Remember, I started late on the project. I came in in February of last year. Nil and X has been working for a while when Nil made my phone ring and dragged me in as a content consultant. Well, I learned perl along the way and he's been stuck with me ever since.

By no means do I want anyone to think that I'm knocking the work that has been put in on the Emulator by much more talented and gifted people. We just needed a LOT of changes that were specifically us.

Aeolwind
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Also, keep in mind, one "thread" on the old forums would prob have like 15 issues in it.."All newbie tunics broken" was one, for example :p.

Trimm
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
By no means do I want anyone to think that I'm knocking the work that has been put in on the Emulator by much more talented and gifted people. We just needed a LOT of changes that were specifically us.

I've been wondering this for a while, and haven't really seen a proper thread to ask, so if I may derail for a minute or two: How exactly was the Project1999 world created? Is there any way you could give us a dumb-downed explanation of the process for those of us new to the EQEmu community (such as myself)?

Far as as I assume, you took the Titanium client and locked all of the post-classic zones, and then re-coded the old world quests/scripts/npcs/items by hand. I figure that's a very layman's way of describing it.

nilbog
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Far as as I assume, you took the Titanium client and locked all of the post-classic zones, and then re-coded the old world quests/scripts/npcs/items by hand. I figure that's a very layman's way of describing it.

I played on a few "classic-ish" servers. CKV, complexity, and vztz. Got tired of seeing too many little things that were off... and ruining my immersion. I read a lot of posts on eqemulator.net, then set up my own server. I thought it would be a good way to learn sql and perl. I was correct :o

You need a few things for an eqemu server.

-A database- MySQL -(npcs, loot,doors, book text,zone lines, etc etc) (eqemu schema (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuDBSchema))
-Quests - perl scripts - pretty much anything aside from an npc attacking and defending is done with perl. *Any* hail, quest trigger, for example.
-Source - C++, and a lot of it. This controls how the client(Titanium) works.(npc mitigation, random fade invises, pets disappearing on zone, etc) Here (http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/) is the eqemu public repository.
-RESEARCH- I have spent a LOT of time researching using google hacks, waybackmachine, translating asian archives, screenshots, and various other things. For this project, researchers were and still are essential.

There were pretty much 2 databases at public disposal in 2008. The PEQ DB (most live-like) and the axclassic db (things like pok books removed). So I started with the axclassic db. I contacted a couple of fellow players from the servers I played on previously to help me find the non-classic features.

Me, Xzerion, Tantalar and a few others worked many months prior to announcing open beta testing. http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27260 The majority of this time was REMOVING non classic aspects.(bird bath aug containers, beastlord trainers, berzerker trainers, vah shir, etc) Almost all of this was database work. Original spell formulas/effects were redone by Xzerion. Tantalar looked through almost every merchant and visually inspected NPCs for armor/face discrepancies. We ended up replacing almost every existing loottable (thx Wenai).. and looking back on it, it might have been easier to do from a blank slate.

For perl, I had to work solo for a while. Then, I made Aeolwind help me. This is now his primary job. :D All of the dragons, gods, etc are controlled from scripts. Want 1-5 ancient crocodile PHs? Perl will do that for you. See boats ? That's perl.

It took FOREVER to get people to help with the source changes. Ladoth was the first full time source developer. Rogean, Haynar, and various others have contributed and continue to improve the source. They have contributed more source work in the past 3 months than the ENTIRETY of beta source submissions.

During beta testing, we picked up a lot of good help (Wenai, Ladoth, and Lany, to name a few). There were other contributions that helped along the way. Lany remade the classic spell gems and made the current node-pathing that you use in some of the dungeons.

Under the delusion that not many people would play, and the lack of continued beta testers, the beta community got antsy and pushed for a release. It had been around a year since I started working solo, so, a 2 week "release date thread (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29619)" was made. Then the population surged.. and has continued exponentially since then.

The first day of release, hosting the server from my house or even my city became impossible by the amount of players. Rogean stepped in, offered temporary assistance, and is now a fundamental part of the team. Acting as Server Administrator, he keeps the servers up and going, implements patches, and answers dumb questions.

It takes a lot of work, with many different facets of development and maintenance. All of the developers have contributed so much work, that I feel bad only listing some of it.

Yoite
03-15-2010, 03:21 PM
i love you guys!

Aeolwind
03-15-2010, 03:32 PM
-RESEARCH- I have spent a LOT of time researching using google hacks, waybackmachine, translating asian archives, and various other things. For this project, researchers were and still are essential.

I have my purple belt in Search-Fu thanks to this project.

omg, after this, I love Asians...more than after I saw Asia Carrera.

Excision Rottun
03-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Project 1999 Stuff

I just went from six to midnight!

MATPHAT
03-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Christ, when do you guys find time to have jobs, partners, or eat?
That sounds like a lifestyle, not a hobby.
Props to you for pulling it together.

Aeolwind
03-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Christ, when do you guys find time to have jobs, partners, or eat?
That sounds like a lifestyle, not a hobby.
Props to you for pulling it together.

It ain't easy.
It is.
Thanks.

Crone
03-15-2010, 05:44 PM
So could someone take all of the work you've done, and start their own server? Or do you guys keep that code to yourselves?

nilbog
03-15-2010, 05:48 PM
So could someone take all of the work you've done, and start their own server? Or do you guys keep that code to yourselves? Closed source. We won't be releasing it.

You can take the open source eqemu and public peq/axdb databases, and do whatever you want with them.

Crone
03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Gotcha. I didn't think that it all had to be open source.

From the amount of fixes that have been done, it sounds like the open source DBs are not that great? or was it simply the amount of work that had to be done to get it to "classic" that was really the work, not necessarily bug fixing.

MATPHAT
03-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Man, considering the load these guys have taken on, I'm keep that source tight to my chest.

Aeolwind
03-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Well, there were 70,000 invalid entries of a rusty dagger. 70,000. We made at least 700,000 changes to the DB. It was a combination of incorrect/not classic & correct/Classic. We also have a slightly larger dev team than most.

The DB's are fine as a base. You just have to realize a lot of things need changed. Some are older rev's, etc.

mokfarg
03-15-2010, 06:49 PM
These are the same decisions we make for free. No matter what the choice, people get upset.

They own the property/intellectual property rights to say.. the Trilogy client. I think they could offer a digital download of it, and a lot of people would buy it. They wouldn't even need to ship boxes to stores and they could make burst profit from a client that would otherwise not produce income.

There is no way they are going to buy their own source code. They have real code, and can fill in the 'unknowns' a lot better than the open source community. Rogean and Haynar are doing a great job at tuning Titanium to run classically, but the work done is for the Titanium client. It would be quite an undertaking to ,as Excision put it, 'jive' together. I'm surprised no one mentioned the database or quests. That's what provides the content you are playing. I spent the last year researching and implementing/fabricating hacks of little insignificant situations. If they do not have a stored database and original quest system, they would be paying someone to do this yet again.. and it would take A LOT of time and effort. If they are reading, I'm LFJ, btw :P

One thing I would add is, SOE would find a way to ruin it once again. I don't trust them, they would have manastones for sell in a item shop. Thank you guys for all the hardwork you do to make this possible. The most fun MMO on the market.

Necran
03-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Good grief, just reading about all these changes that needed to be made is making my head spin. Developers, you guys are incredible.

Ghesta
03-16-2010, 10:57 PM

Exactly, and how's that make you feel when it happens?

Grackal
03-17-2010, 06:10 PM

Did you say that in your therapists voice?

nilbog
03-17-2010, 09:02 PM

After determining that all decisions are met with unhappiness from someone, I concluded that is there no alternative. I'll just continue to make classic decisions the best I can and keep true to the vision™? Yeah.. I said vision.

Ghesta
03-17-2010, 10:47 PM
If I were a therapist, I'd give you high marks for self evaluation. I think you're doing a fantastic job. :)