PDA

View Full Version : Green Silken Drape vs. Advisor Robe for Necro

FAHall
07-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey Guys,

Which is better for first run toon, Erudite Necromancer, with practically no gear? I boosted STA and STR at creation if that matters.

Green Silken Drape (9 STA, 9 DEX, INT 3, 15 Sv Poison) or Advisor Robe(5int, 20 Mana, 5sv Magic)?

I have access to both, so cost is not an issue.

And if you could explain why one is better than the other, that would be helpful. I'm very new to this game and trying to figure out what I should be looking for in future gear upgrades.

Thanks,
-Alex

Nagash
07-19-2011, 01:45 PM
On these 2 pieces of gear, the important stats for the necro are:
Advisor robe: Int +5 Mana +20
Green silken drap: Sta +9 Int +3 (maybe the +9 agi if you are under 75)

Stamina is important for necro but the return on stamina investment is fairly low (you're better off with straight forward +hp gear). With this in mind, I would say the advisor robe is the way to go unless
- you already have some super gear (way above 200 INT) and try to max out your stamina and hp
- or (and that is a maybe) you try to reach 75 agility

Nagash/Petitpas

guineapig
07-19-2011, 01:51 PM
I would say it highly depends on where your int/manapool is at not including the robe slot and also on your current level.

The reason being is that, while hitpoints are usually more important than mana for a necro, at lower levels the 9 stamina will not give you a very big return. Also the 20 mana is guaranteed but the +5 int means different things at different levels/int soft caps.

The +dex is pretty cool however at lower levels when necros can still melee the mobs they are fighting (ice crystal staff). Also the +15 poison will give you a better return than the +5 magic in most situations unless you are on a raid (non-trak raid) where stacking SvM is key.

Personally I would carry both robes so I can swap depending on the situation. Both have good attributes.

FAHall
07-19-2011, 01:54 PM
Currently lvl 16. Base INT is 117. Mana is right around 500.

I'm wearing almost entirely cloth.

while hitpoints are usually more important than mana for a necro

Oh really?

Personally I would carry both robes so I can swap depending on the situation. Both have good attributes.

And can you give me some idea of which situations you would use each robe in?

Sorry for such newbie questions.

guineapig
07-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh really?

Yup, hitpoints keep you alive, mana doesn't. Also your manapool is technically dirrectly tied to your hitpoints anyway.

And can you give me some idea of which situations you would use each robe in?
Sorry for such newbie questions.

Like I said, if you are doing some melee with a proc'ing weapon then the +dex might come in handy. Also if you are on a trak raid or just going up against lots of shaman and necro types, then the green silken drape will be useful.

If you are playing in a 6-man exp group, on a raid that requires high MR or working on tradeskills the advisor robe is more useful.

I would definitely say that in the above examples I gave, the opposing robe would be a poor substitute.

Spacebar
07-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Also, being an Erudite, something you might consider is getting a flayed skin set. The chest has some nice saves and +20hp. Many times people will just give them away cause nobody buys them and they drop like nothing in Karnor's. Only Human/Erudite Necro's and Sk's can wear it.

I'm currently wearing the whole set with my human necro at 16 and it seems pretty nice. Good saves, good ac (for a necro), decent hp and mana. Also, the neglected str stat which is great for not getting encumberred with one bag full of stuffs.

FAHall
07-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Also, being an Erudite, something you might consider is getting a flayed skin set. The chest has some nice saves and +20hp. Many times people will just give them away cause nobody buys them and they drop like nothing in Karnor's. Only Human/Erudite Necro's and Sk's can wear it.

I'm currently wearing the whole set with my human necro at 16 and it seems pretty nice. Good saves, good ac (for a necro), decent hp and mana. Also, the neglected str stat which is great for not getting encumberred with one bag full of stuffs.

How did you get all of the Flayed?

Did you run over to Karnor's on the lowbie necro?

guineapig
07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
How did you get all of the Flayed?

Did you run over to Karnor's on the lowbie necro?

It's trade-able and sells to vendors for like 12-15pp a piece.

You can loot it on your main than just drop-transfer or ask somebody to help you transfer it.

FAHall
07-19-2011, 03:07 PM
It's trade-able and sells to vendors for like 12-15pp a piece.

You can loot it on your main than just drop-transfer or ask somebody to help you transfer it.

The 16 Necro is my main :p

guineapig
07-19-2011, 03:10 PM
The 16 Necro is my main :p

In that case just stay near zone-in and ask nicely in ooc.

Eyeke
07-19-2011, 03:14 PM

plus it looks sexy on human necros.

OP, Flayed is super cheap in EC. hit me up and i'll buy you some.

Muerte
07-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Hey Guys,

Which is better for first run toon, Erudite Necromancer, with practically no gear? I boosted STA and STR at creation if that matters.

Green Silken Drape (9 STA, 9 DEX, INT 3, 15 Sv Poison) or Advisor Robe(5int, 20 Mana, 5sv Magic)?

I have access to both, so cost is not an issue.

And if you could explain why one is better than the other, that would be helpful. I'm very new to this game and trying to figure out what I should be looking for in future gear upgrades.

Thanks,
-Alex

GSD for stamina and the look, although someone pointed out stamina at lower levels is not a huge help. How much hp per stamina is given at the lower levels? Anyways GSD looks cooler imo, it's hard to beat the green noobie look. It's even cooler when you are 50+ and still wear it!

Erudite necros rule.

Felwithemagi
07-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Advisor robe is red and looks cool. Green silken drape looks like a noob robe although it has better stats.

Messianic
07-20-2011, 09:59 AM
GSD looks horrible. I'm baffled that people think it looks good. I had to get rid of mine immediately after getting something better.

xshayla701
07-20-2011, 01:52 PM
GSD looks horrible. I'm baffled that people think it looks good. I had to get rid of mine immediately after getting something better.

This. I wore the Green Silken Drape in groups but if I was just running around I would wear Flowing Black Robe.

Advisor looks wayyyy better than GSD.