PDA

View Full Version : Bard Powerleveling

Tewaz
07-22-2011, 05:12 PM
I have a 46 bard and I am wondering how well bard PL works. I am thinking gathering 20ish mobs and holding aggro with AoE slow and then having a caster AoE them down. I know this strat would only work with casters that have AoE available, but it sounds like a good idea to me.

So my question is...has anyone tried this?

If you have, does it measure up well against other PLers in terms of exp per hour?

Is it viable for a certain level range?

Do people pay for this?

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Slave
07-22-2011, 05:44 PM
It works. You might have to be higher level and/or buff up on the AC gear, but you can do it with aoe casters into their 20s easily. It's only really fun with friends though, but that's just me maybe.

Seaweedpimp
07-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Mediocre at best, probably decent up to 25 if you were a little higher lvl. (edit 25, not 35)

As long as the aoe PL'ee class is within 1.25 x the lvl of the mobs hes fighting he has a chance to land the spells.

People pay for a druid PL, which unless youre a 60 dru , PL sucks unless you have a super super twinked melee who is capable of soloing the shit anyway.

Once the mobs are all down to 40% (to be safe) You can begin to twist your dots to finish them off. Just make sure you do 0 % dmg untill the mob is under 49%.

Feachie
07-22-2011, 05:51 PM
People pay for a druid PL, which unless youre a 60 dru , PL sucks unless you have a super super twinked melee who is capable of soloing the shit anyway.

i used to pincushion powerlevel on druid. i hated pl'ing melees though, so inefficient. my fav spot was gnomes in solA. pull a train, tell mr caster to pbaoe, and try to channel heals so neither of you die ;p (heal aggro 4tw)

Tewaz
07-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Sweet, thanks for the input. WTS

Seaweedpimp
07-22-2011, 06:02 PM
i used to pincushion powerlevel on druid. i hated pl'ing melees though, so inefficient. my fav spot was gnomes in solA. pull a train, tell mr caster to pbaoe, and try to channel heals so neither of you die ;p (heal aggro 4tw)

Im more or less speaking of a 60 dru / 45 war w fungi etc in solb, saw this going on and dude was slaying everything. But he could of done it alone im sure.

Mcbard
07-22-2011, 06:04 PM
It's best on other bards tbh, because they can ae everything while you just hold agro with ae slow, and dots no longer stay on mobs after you zone, so the ole AE them down, have somebody take with a pbae and zone out with your dots still on them for the kill trick no longer works.