PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding global npc models

The_DarkSavant
03-16-2010, 02:04 PM
I was wondering if there is a way to force the original skeleton model (white skeleton) and wolf models (blue wolf) to load? Just trying to get all parts of the EQ classic look back. I read the SoF client loads all old models without any special settings? I am currently using the Titanium client. I didn't know if theres a way to edit gbl_chr.s3d files or if thats where models are even located? Thanks for any input on this hopefully someone knows =)

guineapig
03-16-2010, 02:10 PM
I had a similar question. How come female gypsies don't have the gypsy model?

Examples:

Cynthia:
http://common.allakhazam.com/images/i/d/id3085.png
Is this post Velious or something?

Swindle
03-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Was odd to see an old-style graphics gnome with POP pet model. I really prefer the old pet models. Any way I can get those back?

grindle
03-17-2010, 10:08 PM
i did manage to get the old wolf graphics back by editing the globaload file but they are really really small when you do that so i changed it back. I did a lot of research and it is possible to change the wolves and skeletons back to the old models but it has to be done server side and isn't changeable on the client side.

PearlJammzz
03-18-2010, 08:46 AM
You can change to the old pets by editing the eqclient.ini file. Looks for this line:

UseLuclinElementals=TRUE

and change it to FALSE instead of TRUE.

UseLuclinElementals=FALSE.

From then on you will see the old elementals, and not the new ones.

nilbog
03-18-2010, 05:23 PM
I had a similar question. How come female gypsies don't have the gypsy model?

Qeynos Citizen females (gypsy models) do not work w/ titanium.

I really prefer the old pet models. Any way I can get those back?

Using the method PearlJammzz mentioned, or just going to Options, prior to logging into the game and disabling luclin elementals.

i did manage to get the old wolf graphics back by editing the globaload file but they are really really small when you do that so i changed it back. I did a lot of research and it is possible to change the wolves and skeletons back to the old models but it has to be done server side and isn't changeable on the client side.

Wolves are still on the table to be fixed. We can do this part serverside, as well as fixing their size. So.. you can get wolves, the correct size, but their moving animation speed is too slow. Skeletons, on the other hand, isn't a serverside fix. The closest we can get, afaik, is deleting the global files associated with them, and that leaves the skeletons with a black face (http://www.rogean.com/images/skeleton.gif). We are still working on a way to achieve the skeletons without having people modify their client files.. because we definitely cannot/will not distribute them. Also, I have found no method as to how to get the classic brown skeletons back.

Swindle
03-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Both For answering my question. Long live the old graphics!

Zelgadis420
05-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Hi guys just joined today and this is my first post! Wooooo! Anyways..... Before coming to project1999 i played on Shards of Dalaya and they have achieved this. Was woundering since you guys have to change it server side maybe there is a way to get their permission for the code?

doacleric
05-26-2010, 09:32 PM
Can you please be more specific to what they have achieved? Do they also run the titanium client?