PDA

View Full Version : Dear Rogean,

Darksinga
08-04-2011, 11:21 PM
I know you've said that you're going to have an update in a month of R99's current state, but for Christ sake man, just tell people how much time we got til the server instead of posting "we will have an update in a month."

This makes people think the server will open in a month and not want to invest time in any other servers, which prevents some real good pvp. So no disrespect involved, stop being a rogue in stealth and just give us a reasonable ETA and if it is worth it to play a different server.

TLDR;

Give us an eta on server, or at least a time frame (say 6 months,) so people will know whether or not to play other pvp servers.

Bardalicious
08-04-2011, 11:40 PM
I know you've said that you're going to have an update in a month of R99's current state, but for Christ sake man, just tell people how much time we got til the server instead of posting "we will have an update in a month."

This makes people think the server will open in a month and not want to invest time in any other servers, which prevents some real good pvp. So no disrespect involved, stop being a rogue in stealth and just give us a reasonable ETA and if it is worth it to play a different server.

TLDR;

Give us an eta on server, or at least a time frame (say 6 months,) so people will know whether or not to play other pvp servers.

God damn dude you whine a lot. Play wherever the hell you want to. Stop getting so wrapped up on saving your pixels and go PK someone for a change, maybe you'll actually enjoy the time you spent there then. It's not like any other PVP server has actually mimic'd the grind of P99, you aren't exactly losing months of leveling.

Rogean doesn't answer to you or any of the other players here. Be thankful that Big Salty managed to squeeze him for what information we DID get.

naez
08-05-2011, 12:09 AM
red99 jihad

JayDee
08-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Dear Rogean,
sup *****

Vile
08-05-2011, 10:50 AM
There will be news in a month that there will POSSIBLY be a server in X months.

Awesome.

Xantille
08-05-2011, 11:35 AM
There will be news in a month that there will POSSIBLY be a server in X months.

Awesome.

pls post Puma pic for posterity

Omnimorph
08-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Pvp folks usually rage harder than your regular folks. I think it's because of all the sugar they eat.

freakyuno
08-05-2011, 12:14 PM
This makes people think the server will open in a month

Which "people" think that?

Vonkaar
08-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Straight from the source, insider information:

Red99 will be launched within 7 to 600 days from today.

You now have your window. Stop asking about it.

visage
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Pvp folks usually rage harder than your regular folks. I think it's because of all the sugar they eat.

lol

Vendar
08-05-2011, 01:41 PM

TLDR;

have u considered that maybe they just honestly dont have an eta yet? maybe they have actual lives, jobs, families, etc, and just maybe it takes a lil bit of time? time that they are not yet sure about when they will have?

Rogean has hinted many times in many threads that they plan to release a pvp server.... but, they aren't going to release a busted piece of shit that kids can cheat and hack on. its going to be as classic as possible (see p99) but with PvP. so be patient. if you cant be patient, then just assume the idea is dead and gone, that way when it is finally released, you may even get a fun surprise.

<3

Kope
08-05-2011, 01:43 PM
have u considered that maybe they just honestly dont have an eta yet? maybe they have actual lives, jobs, families, etc, and just maybe it takes a lil bit of time? time that they are not yet sure about when they will have?

Rogean has hinted many times in many threads that they plan to release a pvp server.... but, they aren't going to release a busted piece of shit that kids can cheat and hack on. its going to be as classic as possible (see p99) but with PvP. so be patient. if you cant be patient, then just assume the idea is dead and gone, that way when it is finally released, you may even get a fun surprise.

<3

QFT

Pudge
08-05-2011, 02:56 PM
i will wait. red99 will be the end-all, be-all of EQ pvp.

i will wait. and then i will live my classic immersion flawlessly

Dear Rogean,

Thanks for the pvps. BRO

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 03:15 PM
red99 will be the end-all, be-all of EQ pvp.

It is true. Something of this quality is not to be rushed and very well worth the wait. The thought of a constant population of probably at least 300+ with the comfort of nobody running mq or seq, with a STABLE server and STABLE team running it, with a database and code base proven to be the top dog of any other EQEmu server is really exciting.

A server like that is truly the pinnacle of PVP. It is the Project 1999 of the red community, and once word spreads, I guarantee that it will bring plenty of new faces that quit EQ Live PVP after things started going downhill. I relate the experience to the very early days of Rallos Zek, literally only a month into the life of EverQuest. When places like Gfay, Qeynos and Freeport were CONSTANT battlegrounds. When people still got to enjoy the many different levels and different play styles of PVP throughout the course of a characters life. When it was still about enjoying yourself without the constant worry of someone else having a 3rd party program advantage over you.

I've had more fun back in 1999 and 2000 in a place like gfay and crushbone at the measly levels under 20 than I ever had on an emulated piece of junk server on EQEmu. And I fully believe Rogean can recreate that bliss for us. That is something even a blue player can come to enjoy, truthfully, because a red server like that will again be brutal and rewarding in the sense of PVE as well. It will take the raiding scene to places no blue server could ever go. No poop socking, just pure contention at every step. Players wont be able to afford to act like assholes at every turn because they will again depend on others to level. It will reinvigorate the ideology of having anti-pk and neutral guilds, a necessary counter-balance on any PVP server.

Just knowing that it is in the works will keep my hunger satiated far more so than the slew of half-assed hackfest PVP boxes ever will.

Vile
08-05-2011, 04:34 PM
pls post Puma pic for posterity

http://vilesyntax.com/images/PUMA.jpg

Rogean one to come?

juicedsixfo
08-05-2011, 04:42 PM
It is true. Something of this quality is not to be rushed and very well worth the wait. The thought of a constant population of probably at least 300+ with the comfort of nobody running mq or seq, with a STABLE server and STABLE team running it, with a database and code base proven to be the top dog of any other EQEmu server is really exciting.

A server like that is truly the pinnacle of PVP. It is the Project 1999 of the red community, and once word spreads, I guarantee that it will bring plenty of new faces that quit EQ Live PVP after things started going downhill. I relate the experience to the very early days of Rallos Zek, literally only a month into the life of EverQuest. When places like Gfay, Qeynos and Freeport were CONSTANT battlegrounds. When people still got to enjoy the many different levels and different play styles of PVP throughout the course of a characters life. When it was still about enjoying yourself without the constant worry of someone else having a 3rd party program advantage over you.

I've had more fun back in 1999 and 2000 in a place like gfay and crushbone at the measly levels under 20 than I ever had on an emulated piece of junk server on EQEmu. And I fully believe Rogean can recreate that bliss for us. That is something even a blue player can come to enjoy, truthfully, because a red server like that will again be brutal and rewarding in the sense of PVE as well. It will take the raiding scene to places no blue server could ever go. No poop socking, just pure contention at every step. Players wont be able to afford to act like assholes at every turn because they will again depend on others to level. It will reinvigorate the ideology of having anti-pk and neutral guilds, a necessary counter-balance on any PVP server.

Just knowing that it is in the works will keep my hunger satiated far more so than the slew of half-assed hackfest PVP boxes ever will.

holy lol at this post

http://i54.tinypic.com/ztbqja.jpg

Bardalicious
08-05-2011, 04:49 PM
holy lol at this post

what was lol about that post?

Tonomar
08-05-2011, 05:15 PM
You're retarded for actually thinking Rogean would respond to this, he only responds to being trolled by Salty. Wah wah wah all you'd like, Rogean and team are taking their sweet old time and I would bet they haven't even started on it yet.

These constant posts about "ZOMGZ WHERE IS IT? ETA?" are absolutely pointless, do you people not understand that? You're better off saying a prayer to good ol Jesus, in hopes he answers your prayer about bringing up a pvp server. Last I heard Rushmore had a pretty good relationship with the big man, perhaps start making posts to him instead?

JayDee
08-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Big Tonomar spitting venom

coki
08-08-2011, 12:07 AM
will red99 split the community of p99 and make both servers underpopulated crap?

naez
08-08-2011, 12:20 AM
hopefully

Bardalicious
08-08-2011, 12:30 AM
will red99 split the community of p99 and make both servers underpopulated crap?

u dum